• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Swap Magic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiffy girl

I'm having trouble playing PS1 games on my PS2. I use swap magic (CD Version) but i get a message saying invalid PS2 disc. When I eject the disk (not swaping) I get a message saying not enough TOC/Need more TOC. Help??

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Make sure you're burning an ISO that is proven to work.

Make sure when you do the swap magic you:
1.) Put in the Swap Magic CD
2.) When the menu comes up, choose your region/setting, and use the Slide Tool/Magic Keys/Swap Cover to swap out the Swap Magic CD with your burned PS1 CD.
3.) Let it load.

The game won't function correctly if you have it on the wrong region or settings, if you don't use the CD (not DVD), or if you burned the CD incorrectly or using a faulty ISO.

I suggest using Alcohol 120% to burn your CDs.

spiffy girl

i have a ROM file of the PS1 game. i'm assuming it's different from ISO. i'll use an ISO file instead.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Yeah, ROM's are used for emulators, which you'll have to download and play on your computer.

ISO's can do the same as roms, but are used more for cd's, or so I'm told.

I only really use roms. . .so I wouldn't know firsthand. . .

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
ROMs are pretty much ISOs that have been sent to a factory to be mutated and sex-changed into a ROM.
ROMs are copies of games that can be read on an Emulator.

ISO = bare data ripped from the CD/DVD.
ROM = Transfigured ISO for play on Emulators.

Burn the CD with the ISO, instead of the ROM. As ROMs are used to play on Emulators on the computer.

spiffy girl

ok...i found a site that says they provide PS1 ISOs. So i have disc 1 out of the 3. I extracted the files and i get a folder containing files .ccd .cue .img and .sub
Can i use these to create an ISO?

Fatal_Blade

がんばってね
^ I think thats right, I went to the site and it said nothing about playing PS1 games. Though I've only used swap magic for ps2 imports.

spiffy girl

Extract all the archives, then move all of the files to one folder. Burn that folder onto a DVD, and it should play as long as you run swap magic correctly.

So i can burn the folder that contains .cue .ccd .img and .sub to a CD-R? :confused:

spiffy girl

Swap Magic cannot boot PSX backups.

Yes it can.

Look at swapmagic3.com. I have swapmagic that came with a DVD version and CD version. CD version is to play PSX backups.

You should read other posts instead of reading the first post. :sleep:

MF29

Yes it can.

Look at swapmagic3.com. I have swapmagic that came with a DVD version and CD version. CD version is to play PSX backups.

You should read other posts instead of reading the first post. :sleep:

Incorrect, nowhere on the website does it say anything about booting a PS1 backup.

The CD version is used to boot CD PS2 games, CD PS2 games are ones like Tekken Tag, which were under 700MB. So no, Swap Magic can only boot PS2 backups and imports, it is not made for Playstation and it cannot boot PS1 backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back