• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Swap Magic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Hi, my name is xiolio_tiessa628.

I have a question regarding Swap Magic. I have a PS2 Slim and I've been thinking about getting Swap Magic. My question is simple. What type of Swap Magic should I get? And, how expensive is it to get them?

Do they really work on the American PS2?

What sites are best to get Swap Magic from?

And, are those sites reliable?

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

I have a question regarding Swap Magic. I have a PS2 Slim and I've been thinking about getting Swap Magic. My question is simple. What type of Swap Magic should I get? And, how expensive is it to get them?

Uh..*looks at username*

anyway, HERE you go, should help you out greatly. :)

O

Oberon

Yes it works on any American PS2. Use the link Ova posted above. The first result has the website. Look for "swap magic 3." There are dozens of videos on youtube and the like with tutorials on how to do it. You don't need to open the PS2 at all to get it to work.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards

What some people don't seem to be telling you is that some types only work one of the PS2 types, so you can't get the slide card, since that only works on the fat one. You'll have to change yours to use the flip top cover

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
What some people don't seem to be telling you is that some types only work one of the PS2 types, so you can't get the slide card, since that only works on the fat one. You'll have to change yours to use the flip top cover

So, does that mean I have to get it moded in order to use the Flip top? Because, that's expensive.

O

Oberon

No. You can get "magic pieces" (stupid name) that you put in the PS2's disc reader (again, you're not opening anything, though) and that tricks the PS2 into thinking the lid is always open, when its not. But as Superschlock said, depends on your PS2 model. If it's old enough, you should be fine.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Swap Magic is actually a tool created to avoid having to mod the PS2 and void its warranty.

There are some rare cases where people say that Swap Magic damaged their systems, but these people are at fault themselves most of the time. It's the easiest way to go without modding.

You should also remember to check Welcome to Swap Magic 3 Official Web Site to see if your PS2 model is compatible. Just follow the tutorials and infos on that site, and you should be fine.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Swap Magic is actually a tool created to avoid having to mod the PS2 and void its warranty.

There are some rare cases where people say that Swap Magic damaged their systems, but these people are at fault themselves most of the time. It's the easiest way to go without modding.

You should also remember to check Welcome to Swap Magic 3 Official Web Site to see if your PS2 model is compatible. Just follow the tutorials and infos on that site, and you should be fine.

Thanks, my PS2 is actually the slim version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back