• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Taking everything with a grain of salt: Ventus/Vanitas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
150px-VEN1.png
Vanitas.png

WAKENING
In the recent trailer/commercial of BBS we witness right at the beginning, a scene in which Ven is standing on a platform. The image of the platform shows a picture of Ven, The Symbol they wear act as a border of the image, while in the circles of the inner image represent the three charms that Aqua handed out or made. More interesting though is the two keyblades that lay on top of the stained glass image. One keyblade is the Kingdom Key while the other is the Way to Dawn/ the Soul Eater, both keyblades respectively given to Sora, and Riku.

CONNECTIONS/POSSIBILITIES
Nomura has left us a hint that the names of Ventus and Vanitas are similar and that a connection could draw from that. Whatever connection it is has many possibilities involved. Family won't be one i consider because regardless of what anyone thinks, family with the main KH characters has never been important in introducing to the game. Some possible connections could be that perhaps they were acquainted as friends, allies, or possibly from numerous confrontations in which we see through scenes of the game itself. Perhaps Vanitas had filled Ventus heart with negative emotions, perhaps Ventus and Vanitas are one in the same...

CONFLICTS/CONNECTIONS (cont.)
As many of you know there have been numerous moments in which you hear someone saying "what have you done with his heart", and it seems that the person being spoken about is none other than Ventus himself, so whatever is happening to Ventus during the game has something to do with his heart. This is a stretch to go on, but there is a scene in the new commercial in which Vanitas raises his keyblade in a stabbing position, and here i am led to believe that Vanitas does something to his heart. He either drains it, or darkens it. Whatever it is i'm led to believe just what i said above.

THE SORA CONNECTION
We all know fairly well that there is a connection between Sora and Ventus and that connection comes with the identity of Roxas. Nomura has stated that the connection is not between Roxas and Ven, but rather Sora and Ven which may mean that the connection could be by his attitude, the light of his heart...who knows really, but that is what i have to go on for now. When Destiny's Island's Door is open the world begins to succumb to darkness, and as Sora runs up to Riku who gives a small speech of not fearing Darkness, he tries to reach for Riku but when he does a light flashes and in his hand appears the KK.

THE RIKU CONNECTION
As said before, relying on a connection between Ven and Vanitas, it may be possible that some part of Vanitas affected Ven, or perhaps Vanitas and Ven are one in the same. We know that Vens awakening had both the KK, and the Way to Dawn, where the Way to dawn closely resembles the Keyblade Vanitas carries with the dark eye. Either Vanitas negative emotions is what created a darkness inside Ventus, or he is somehow another Ventus i'm unsure of but explaining Riku at the separation between him and Sora we see that the two split and Sora gets the KK, but later on we see that Riku handles the Soul Eater which would later become the Way to Dawn. Riku was originally meant to become the Keyblade Master, but his acceptance to darkness made a turn in that position, and in the end led him to trials and error. One thing to take notice however is that the development of his character in the game become noticeable amongst his keyblade, the split of light and darkness gave Riku the Way to Dawn, and Sora the KK which were again both seen in the Awakening of Ven.

TAKING EVERYTHING WITH A GRAIN OF SALT
Vens Destati is a foreshadowing of our two heroes Sora and Riku. The keyblades within his heart are both split into two by light and darkness, light going to Sora, and Darkness going to Riku. What was originally supposed to be a complete transition for Riku became a split for Riku and Sora therefore the power of Ven lies with Sora and Riku. If Xehanort from the previous KH has any relation to Terra, and the words in which he speaks towards Ven asking him that someday he would need to be saved by him are indeed true. Then Sora and Riku, being the two halves of Ven are the key to defeating Xehanort who in some form might be Terra, which would aslo be fate, which is also a theme in BBS.

Riku-Sora-Card-Official.jpg

Last edited:

CCs_No1_Fanboy

The opening movies of KH always have metaphors that explain events in them.

We see Kingdom Key and Soul Eater. Like you said, KK = Light, Soul Eater = Darkness (make no mistake though, Way to Dawn is a light realm keyblade). So, KK represents Sora and light, Soul Eater represents darkness and Riku.

Note how Ven isn't standing on his platform, he comes out of it as it shatters. This could possibly be a metaphor that he is connected like you said.

So overall I agree a little bit with your theory, but different aspects of it dont seem right. All in all though, sounds good.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Then Sora and Riku, being the two halves of Ven are the key to defeating Xehanort who in some form might be Terra, which would aslo be fate, which is also a theme in BBS.

This got me because we know both Terra and Ven meet them so what are you implying.
We know that Terra willed Riku the keyblade.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
The opening movies of KH always have metaphors that explain events in them.

We see Kingdom Key and Soul Eater. Like you said, KK = Light, Soul Eater = Darkness (make no mistake though, Way to Dawn is a light realm keyblade). So, KK represents Sora and light, Soul Eater represents darkness and Riku.

Note how Ven isn't standing on his platform, he comes out of it as it shatters. This could possibly be a metaphor that he is connected like you said.

So overall I agree a little bit with your theory, but different aspects of it dont seem right. All in all though, sounds good.

I've considered the Way to Dawn to be a transition from darkness regardless if it now a keyblade of the light realm. It's former form was not, but in all it is hard to explain and i understand where you are coming from with this, hence the title "taking everything with a grain of salt".

This got me because we know both Terra and Ven meet them so what are you implying.
We know that Terra willed Riku the keyblade.

No, we dont know if Ven meets them....

TeamMatt

Wow Zion very nice theory I agree. But you had stated that Sora and Riku's blades are connected to Ven so if Riku was the attended Keyblade wielder was Sora suppose to get way to dawn or what?

thedale

i think that vanitas is xehenort and at the end of the battle something happens to master xehenort and he just takes his name. it could explain why riku looks like vanitas in his dark form. but thats just a complete guess cause i dont really care much to try figuring it out before the game. it could also explain why his keyblade looks like rikus.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
i think that vanitas is xehenort and at the end of the battle something happens to master xehenort and he just takes his name. it could explain why riku looks like vanitas in his dark form. but thats just a complete guess cause i dont really care much to try figuring it out before the game. it could also explain why his keyblade looks like rikus.
Riku looked like Vanitas before Ansem SoD possessed him, so that isn't proof. If anything, that's proof that Vanitas is NOT in Xehanort, and is actually in Riku.

And Vanitas is way too small to be Xehanort, unless something drastically changes his build.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Wow Zion very nice theory I agree. But you had stated that Sora and Riku's blades are connected to Ven so if Riku was the attended Keyblade wielder was Sora suppose to get way to dawn or what?

I would say that the KK was separated within the light given to Sora while the Soul Eater held into the darkness of Riku in which later the transition would be the Way to Dawn. When Riku accepted Darkness the KK removed itself from him, and connected itself with Sora.

thedale

yeah i forgot to say that. i know that he is too short but what about zexion his somebody is short. i mean i guess thats differnet but then again we dont know how either came to be so whos to say he isnt.

TeamMatt

I would say that the KK was separated within the light given to Sora while the Soul Eater held into the darkness of Riku in which later the transition would be the Way to Dawn. When Riku accepted Darkness the KK removed itself from him, and connected itself with Sora.
I'm sorry Zion I'm sounding confusing right now what I'm asking is why the KK went to Sora instead of someone else is it because Sora was there with Riku, is there something special about Sora...I'm just confused on who got the Keyblades if Riku would have gotten the KK would Sora of gotten the Soul Eater? I just wanna why KK decided to go to Sora and not someone else.:confused:

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
I'm sorry Zion I'm sounding confusing right now what I'm asking is why the KK went to Sora instead of someone else is it because Sora was there with Riku, is there something special about Sora...I'm just confused on who got the Keyblades if Riku would have gotten the KK would Sora of gotten the Soul Eater? I just wanna why KK decided to go to Sora and not someone else.:confused:

I always figured because Sora was in that particular spot with Riku that it went to the next qualified heart. Who better than Riku's best friend Sora to handle the KK.

Suzuku

I think it's interesting to note that I've heard that Vanitas' Seiyuu is also Sora's.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
incredible zion, your theory is great im speechless.
rep for you!

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well I'd personally believe that whatever makes Ven and Sora alike also makes Riku and Vanitas alike.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Well I'd personally believe that whatever makes Ven and Sora alike also makes Riku and Vanitas alike.

We have nothing to prove this yet other than small hints. The likeness between Riku and Vanitas is all identical when it comes to fighting and being in dark mode appearance. Ventus and Sora however still come into question. Thank you guys for accepting my theory by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back