• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TAV Keyblades: Keychainless?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
Something I've been wondering and can't even remember asking before yet have the slightest feeling I have...What gives Terra the authority to "choose" a wielder? Just cause his emblem is gold?

Yes. I did use KHwiki. I really gotta stop using it, because it's a load of crap, but it makes me feel smart to cite it.

Trying to contribute, in regards to the quote above, I would say that's some of it. I think that he chooses Riku towards the end of the game, after he's progressed through aprrenticeship, maybe not to the point of master (Because I think he morphs/whatever to Xehanort before that), but where he can perhaps assess that Riku has a strong enough heart to become a wielder.

And I think it would just be wrong for MTAV to tell TAV who the next wielders would be, assuming that they would be the apprentices of TAV. Perhaps he would have a better judgement, but I still think it would be up to whoever the wielder is.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Regardless of the Keychain, Sora's using the same base Keyblade all through the series.

Because the base had a Keychain, hence why it could be costumized with other Keychains. It's still one and the same Keyblade.
Could the keychains instead of causing the KK to become other Keyblades, allow Sora to preview keyblades that exist elsewhere and obtain their powers?

Their Hearts are "Master level". That's good enough.
Good enough to what? Be chosen to wield?

My own personal beliefs and preferences.
That doesn't mean they're dead if it is referring to them so that's a hope for the Aqua not dying thing...I also think it could mean MX and DS to some extent if the "Lost Two" strictly applies to BBS.

It would appear that for now, the answer is "he could, hence he did."
That means 1) Others could have the ability to choose wielders and 2) He knew of something that would require him to choose the next wielder.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Could the keychains instead of causing the KK to become other Keyblades, allow Sora to preview keyblades that exist elsewhere and obtain their powers?

Going by the most common theory that Nomura just about confirmed, saying that Keychains are made of Memories (he confirmed that the Oblivion = Memories of Riku, and Oathkeeper = Memories of Kairi), then no.

And to have a Keychain.

That doesn't mean they're dead if it is referring to them so that's a hope for the Aqua not dying thing...I also think it could mean MX and DS to some extent if the "Lost Two" strictly applies to BBS.

Never said anything about death.

That means 1) Others could have the ability to choose wielders and 2) He knew of something that would require him to choose the next wielder.

We only know Terra chose Riku. We don't know that no one else did the same for other people, so that's an existing possibility.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL

Maybe. But I don't think so. Because if that was true, then wouldn't it make sense for that certain keyblade to exist in the world in which he got the keychain?

Yes.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Going by the most common theory that Nomura just about confirmed, saying that Keychains are made of Memories (he confirmed that the Oblivion = Memories of Riku, and Oathkeeper = Memories of Kairi), then no.
Yeah I forgot about that...Keychains could still be like baby keyblades couldn't they? XD Humor me for the sake of argument...

And to have a Keychain.
Then what's with the there's a Keyblade for every qualifying heart thing if you have to be chosen?

Never said anything about death.
I know, that's what supports them not dying.

We only know Terra chose Riku. We don't know that no one else did the same for other people, so that's an existing possibility.
Then isn't there a possibility that you don't have to be chosen also?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah I forgot about that...Keychains could still be like baby keyblades couldn't they? XD Humor me for the sake of argument...

Baby Keyblades, if such a thing exists, seem to be the Keyblades lacking Keychains. So no.

Then what's with the there's a Keyblade for every qualifying heart thing if you have to be chosen?

If you have a qualified Heart, you'll be chosen. TAV, thus far, don't seem to have been properly chosen.

Then isn't there a possibility that you don't have to be chosen also?

Seeing how despite being chosen, Riku didn't manage to call out his Keyblade until Sora pulled it out, I'd say that no. The Keyblade needs to choose you.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Baby Keyblades, if such a thing exists, seem to be the Keyblades lacking Keychains. So no.
Not even the idea that given the time the keychain could change into a keyblade possibly to one without a keychain?
Note: I don't really believe this.

If you have a qualified Heart, you'll be chosen. TAV, thus far, don't seem to have been properly chosen.
Like there's heart evaluators to see if you qualify, or just if the keyblade itself thinks you're good enough, it chooses you?

Seeing how despite being chosen, Riku didn't manage to call out his Keyblade until Sora pulled it out, I'd say that no. The Keyblade needs to choose you.
Then Terra didn't really choose, and just suggested?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Not even the idea that given the time the keychain could change into a keyblade possibly to one without a keychain?
Note: I don't really believe this.

Not really, no.

Like there's heart evaluators to see if you qualify, or just if the keyblade itself thinks you're good enough, it chooses you?

It's up to the Keyblade. Hence the mess that took place between Riku and Sora in KH1, and how, despite having a Master to train them, TAV still lack Keychains.

Then Terra didn't really choose, and just suggested?

That's what seems to be the case, at least with the KK itself. Riku did end up with a Keyblade of his own, so Terra's choice did have some value to it.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Maybe they lack keychains because they haven't found themselves yet? It would tie in with the identity theme...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back