• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra/MX/Eraqus Situation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithee

Awards
In BBS Blank Points, we learn that Eraqus' heart is inside Terra in order to help him better resist Master Xehanort, but then in DDD's intro we see Terranort completely under MX's influence anyway. You mean to tell me that even with a 2-on-1 heart advantage Terra STILL couldn't have ANY control over his body!?

WhirlwindLancer

You're talking about the part where Terranort goes crazy and stabs Braig and the others with his keyblade?

Yeah, that's what it looks like. Makes sense too considering how near the end of the game MX reveals that one of the seven lights (presumably Terra) is in his possession.

Smithee

Awards
You're talking about the part where Terranort goes crazy and stabs Braig and the others with his keyblade?

Yeah, that's what it looks like. Makes sense too considering how near the end of the game MX reveals that one of the seven lights (presumably Terra) is in his possession.

The annoying part about it is that Blank Points pretty much said that thanks to Eraqus, Terra and MX would be permanently tied for control as long as they were fused together. Would've made Terranort an interesting character, what with the multiple personalities thing and all. But nope, he's just MX 2.0. Terra doesn't even get a pyrrhic victory.

But then what was the point of revealing that Eraqus was inside Terra if it wasn't going to do him any good anyway? Just to give Terra false hope, then kick him down even further?

Nomura sure does love for his protagonists' sacrifices to be in vain, doesn't he?

JustSnilloc

Well, at the end of BbS it isn't said that Eraqus is currently inside Terra's heart... This is what was said in Blank Points

Black Points said:
Xehanort: Darkness rules your heart- it gives me control. Muscle and sinew that once obeyed you now rebels against you. How you can remain here at all confounds the mind.

Terra: It's still my heart. You think you can just come in and take over? I'm not gonna sit by and let that happen.

Xehanort: Hmph. Don't even entertain any notions of escaping me, boy. In the end, your heart will be engulfed by mine forever.

Terra: Wrong. You're gonna get shown the door, old man.

Xehanort: As I recall, you couldn't even handle your own darkness. How then, will you triumph over mine?

Terra: You'll find out soon enough.

Xehanort: Oh? So that's how it is, is it? Someone else has set foot in your heart. Eraqus, you sly fox...

Terra: I'm not afraid of what the darkness holds now. Even if you do wrest control of my heart from me- Even if you cast me into the deepest, darkest abyss- You'll never sway me from the one cause that pushes me to keep on fighting. Whatever the cost, I'm ready to pay it.

Xehanort: Brave words, to be sure. But I'm a patient man. We can take as much time as we need to settle this little property dispute. However, know this- You are just one of many roads that I might choose to take. Trust me, I made certain of that

Xehanort says "Someone has set foot in your heart" meaning that someone may be in there, -OR- that someone has tampered with Terra's heart in the past, as a preemptive measure in case something like Xehanort taking over happened

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The annoying part about it is that Blank Points pretty much said that thanks to Eraqus, Terra and MX would be permanently tied for control as long as they were fused together. Would've made Terranort an interesting character, what with the multiple personalities thing and all. But nope, he's just MX 2.0. Terra doesn't even get a pyrrhic victory.

But then what was the point of revealing that Eraqus was inside Terra if it wasn't going to do him any good anyway? Just to give Terra false hope, then kick him down even further?

Nomura sure does love for his protagonists' sacrifices to be in vain, doesn't he?

That was never said like this.
It was only implied that thanks to Eraqus' help Terra would be able to resist longer and his will/spirit not totally being overwhelmed by Xehanort.
There were no single hints in regard who would control Terra's body.

Terra doesn't get a pyrrhic victory but a "step out" of a total defeat. It's also highly probable that Eraqus had a hand in the fact that Xehanort trying to expel Terra's heart after his fight with Aqua in the Final Episode failed.
Ventus was the one with the actual pyrrhic victory. He won his fight and managed to shake off being enslaved by Vanitas and tied to the X-blade but in return his heart got nearly destroyed a second time.

The point of revealing this regarding Eraqus was foreshadowing for the future, Nomura himself said so. The whole Terra/Eraqus/MX-mess wasn't really cleared up in DDD at all as we have no actual clue on their current status.
I also wouldn't actually paint TAV's sacrifices as totally in vain, as despite not actually defeating Xehanort they at least derailed and postphoned his main plan to a certain degree.
Without the actions of TAV there wouldn't have been an universe for Sora to save 10 years later.

Zul

Awards
His heart wasn't tampered with either, the dialogue is meant to say that Eraqus's heart is in Terra's.

-- In the secret event Xehanort says “The heart that resides within Terra’s heart.” Who’s heart is it?

Nomura : I can’t say just yet, but I’ve set it so that you’ll know who it is. Listen to Xehanort’s words closely, and read his reports carefully. I think you’ll know who it is then.

post BBS interview.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
The point of revealing this regarding Eraqus was foreshadowing for the future, Nomura himself said so. The whole Terra/Eraqus/MX-mess wasn't really cleared up in DDD at all as we have no actual clue on their current status.
I also wouldn't actually paint TAV's sacrifices as totally in vain, as despite not actually defeating Xehanort they at least derailed and postphoned his main plan to a certain degree.
Without the actions of TAV there wouldn't have been an universe for Sora to save 10 years later.

This.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Smithee

Awards
This.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

*has his fingers crossed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back