• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra see future?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

diogo14

Something is bothering me... Can Terra see the future or something? I understand the concept of fate and all that... but he reacts to these "images" so does that mean he can see the future? that's like.. wtf?

I don't know if this was brought up but i've seen many threads and not one mentioned this...

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
The first time this happens is when he sees Aurora sleeping. He somehow envisions Ventus. ...I found that extremely random (aside the fact that Ventus slept for an indefinite period of time upon is arrival to Land of Departure)

As for Riku/Master Xehanort. Nomura stated in an interview that Terra isn't psychic. He was just making a comparison to the "Younger Master Xehanort" who wanted to leave Destiny Islands and explore more worlds. But that doesn't explain how he saw a future version of Riku...

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Terra doesn't really see the future. It's "symbolysom" of sorts showing the inevitable.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Plot mysteries interview from the BBS Ultimania :p -

-- What's the meaning behind the several puzzling images in Terra's chapter where we cross over into his mind?

Nomura: Firstly, when he hears the name of the masked boy from Master Xehanort at the mysterious wasteland, and we see an image of Aqua and Ventus defeated, that's a hint of the future. On the Destiny Islands, when he makes Riku his successor, he has a special view of him and catches a glimpse of his future. However, this isn't to say that Terra has the ability to see the future - it was a directive nuance intended to portray the future connection between Terra and Riku.

diogo14

Plot mysteries interview from the BBS Ultimania :p -

I see the whole fate and symbolism.. but why make him "actually" see and react tho these images... we could be the ones that get to see that as players, not Terra... that seems random... is just like the thing Terra says to Riku that is in your signature.. it seems totally random and made up..

Thanks for clearing me up but Nomura is just crazy.. somethings I just can't understand in KH.. but that's normal for a KH game I guess...

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I think the way I'd interpret it is, Terra actually does have visions, but they're not intended to show that he's clairvoyant. He just kind of imagines those things - Aqua and Ven getting hurt, Riku when he's older, etc. - and they take the form of what we're familiar with (ie. the actual future) so we know what he's thinking instead of wondering who the random silver-haired sixteen-year-old who doesn't look exactly like our Riku is.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i figured them more of premonitions rather than him telling the future.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Oh, and what about the scene where Terra is talking to Master Xehanort and he sees the big fight that lays ahead for him, like Vanitas pointing his Keyblade at Aqua and all that sort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back