• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra's Story in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I'm sure most of us will agree that Terra's story will see some closure in KH3. Having him exist primarily as Xehanort's pawn for most of the series, we want to see him finally overcome the old man. It'll arguably be the story's biggest example of redemption, so I'd like to see it done right. Think about it: Terra's a complicated character made up of concern, grief, vulnerability, anger, and darkness, lots of darkness potential. This is the Terra that we have to be familiar with throughout KH3, otherwise his victory will feel empty by the time it comes. So, how do you insert a character that's been arguably comatose for the whole series into its final chapter? Give her a keyblade

I think it's best if they took the Return of the Jedi route. More specifically, develop his character through his relationship with Riku. It's important to remember that Riku never would have been a Keyblade Master (or wielder, for that matter), had it not been for Terra's own potential to be one; it's not just Keyblade Masters that can initiate the ceremony, but also people with the potential to be one, and that has to count for something on Terra's end. For Riku to play a huge role in Terra's redemption would bring Terra's story to a full circle.

In Greek mythology, Prometheus helped mankind discover fire, the symbol of potential manifested into power. For that, he was imprisoned, waiting in darkness. In time, Heracles eventually emerged from mankind, and went back to save Prometheus. In KH, Prometheus is Terra, mankind and Heracles is Riku, and fire is the keyblade; they all come together in a full circle.

Wonderful

Awards
i have a hard time seeing terra playing any significant role in kh3 personally. he just seems so tied up in the xiii darkness stuff i just can't fathom how it would really work. he seems like someone that can only be saved by defeating mx. i guess he could have a moment of resistance in the final battle that ends up screwing mx over or something?

Hirokey123

Awards
While crazy here is one possibility I could see happening with Terra in KH3....

Terra's plan to show MX the door involved Eraqus, presumably Eraqus's heart is inside of Terra. Terra couldn't escape but it's possible that Eraqus's heart had no such limit. So what Terra did was focus his mind into Eraqus's heart and then when Xehanort split himself Master Eraqus's heart was set free. This new let's call him Terraqus then engaged in time traveling and went to recruit Eraqus's younger much more powerful/youthful self. Master Terraqus transferred himself into Young Eraqus possessing him and returned to the present of KH3. Young Master Terraqus will be used to fight and free Terra's body from Xehanort's hold and in doing so Terra and Eraqus's arc will come full circle.

So instead of being about Terra and Riku it's closure between Terra and Eraqus, a chance for Terra to set some things straight, to stand at a more equal level with his master, and for Eraqus to redeem himself.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
So basically terra is batman and riku is terry McGinnis?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
i have a hard time seeing terra playing any significant role in kh3 personally. he just seems so tied up in the xiii darkness stuff i just can't fathom how it would really work. he seems like someone that can only be saved by defeating mx. i guess he could have a moment of resistance in the final battle that ends up screwing mx over or something?

That's what I have a problem with, though; Terra having literally 15 seconds of fame, and then that's that. His story is so closely tied to Xehanort, and therefore one of the most important stories. Arguably, it's more important than Eraqus', and he's certainly getting some good screen time in KH3.

Whether through time travel, Lingering Will, or god knows what, Terra needs to be his own character in KH3, both figuratively and literally.

So basically terra is batman and riku is terry McGinnis?

Nooooooo. Riku is Robin that eventually becomes Alfred.

YoungXehanort

Website
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com
i can see alot happens to Terra in Kh3 the one's i like to see 1st Terra fight's the lingering will to get back his keyblade 2nd riku save's Terra i want aqua to be the one who save him thought 3rd Aqua vs Terranort again:) 4th id like that either Terra or Eraqus Finish xeahnort instead of sora

Vanitas X

I could see that Sora and everyone else would try to get the Lingering Will so that they could use him as a ally and free Terra.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I could see that Sora and everyone else would try to get the Lingering Will so that they could use him as a ally and free Terra.

That'd be awesome. Its the classic "ride a dragon/t-rex/robot/songbird into battle" moment, and it would be extremely rewarding to both long-time kh fans and newcomers.

HK Motendra

Awards
While crazy here is one possibility I could see happening with Terra in KH3....

Terra's plan to show MX the door involved Eraqus, presumably Eraqus's heart is inside of Terra. Terra couldn't escape but it's possible that Eraqus's heart had no such limit. So what Terra did was focus his mind into Eraqus's heart and then when Xehanort split himself Master Eraqus's heart was set free. This new let's call him Terraqus then engaged in time traveling and went to recruit Eraqus's younger much more powerful/youthful self. Master Terraqus transferred himself into Young Eraqus possessing him and returned to the present of KH3. Young Master Terraqus will be used to fight and free Terra's body from Xehanort's hold and in doing so Terra and Eraqus's arc will come full circle.

So instead of being about Terra and Riku it's closure between Terra and Eraqus, a chance for Terra to set some things straight, to stand at a more equal level with his master, and for Eraqus to redeem himself.
You. I like the way you think. The very fact that it shows a younger Eraqus in the trailers, should at least hint that Eraqus should at least some focus in this title, especially in how he and Xehanort were fellow apprentices, who prolly knows him best.

Right about now, the only thing we've seen of Eraqus, other than that he's the master, is how he got the scars on his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back