• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Book Holders

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasilis

Bronze Member
~Dream~​

In this abyss he was, he could sense somebody's presence. Although he couldn't see what existed in front of him because of the deep darkness, he could sense someone. He tried to ask who was, but for a unknown reason he couldn't speak. His mouth was moving, but no voice was coming out! He tried again, still the same result.

At this point, he noticed something; something was shining in the darkness far away. However, he couldn't understand what it was. He made a step. Then, another. He was walking in the darkness. The only thing that produced light was this thing from far away.

He made another one. However, this time, out of the blue, he realized that the floor on which he was standing disappeared! Therefore, he lost his balance. He could feel that he was falling deep inside the darkness. Falling, and falling, while the light remained there...

~End of the Dream~​

The ring rang. Every student in the classroom heard it and immediately pushed their chairs back and stood up. They placed their books inside their bag and they left the classroom after saying goodbye to the teacher.

However, one student was still in the classroom. He had his head and hands laid on the desk and he was fast asleep. The male teacher approached him slowly. "It's time to wake up!" he said calmly and sarcastically at the same time to the sleeping student. The student didn't hear him. His respond was a snore. "I repeat. It's time to wake up!" he ordered again this time in a more serious tone and simultaneously he clapped his hands.

"What?!" the student immediately woke up. "What happened?!" he asked loudly while he was turning his head left and right in panic. The classroom was fast empty; only two people were inside, he and his teacher.

"Simon~!" the teacher sighed and pointed at his clock, which was wrapped tightly around his hand. "Look the hour, Simon! The school is over for today!" he said while he had an unpleasant look on his face.

"Mister!" Simon stood up pushing the chair. "Sorry~!" he bowed apologizing and he quickly put his books in his bag. His teacher didn't say anything. He just turned his back to his student and took out his small notebook from the right pocket of his trousers along with a pencil.

"This will reduce your grades!" he announced, while he wrote down something on his notebook. Simon, lowered his head. He couldn't complain! It would be futile! After all, his teacher was right! He mustn't have slept during the lesson!

~After 5 Minutes~​

Simon, was walking down the corridor. There were only a couple of students left. All the other had already gone to their house. "I'm one of the last students!" Simon thought. At this point, another thought hit his mind! His part time job! He had almost forgotten about it.

Once he reached the school's yard, he found a safe place, behind a tree and he sat there with his back laid against the tree. In that way he could keep his presence hidden and therefore no one would realize he was there. Fortunately, the tree produced shadow. The sun was so hot, that Simon could barely stand it.

"Anyway~!" he muttered as he removed the bag from his back and placed it beside him. Then, he unzipped it and after making sure that no one was there, he took out a book. A book with hard brown leather cover. However, most of its pages were torn apart.

Simon, touched the book with his right hand. He closed his eyes and concentrated. An aura appeared around his hand and then covered the book. After a few seconds, the aura fainted away. "Nothing dangerous~!" he sighed. He had free time for the time being.

~On the Top of the School~​

A figure was visible on the top of the school. It was probably a man. He was standing there proudly and he was gazing at the buildings located in front of him. "It's lovely here!" he said to himself with a sarcastic smile. The wind was blowing making his long black hair to move in its rhythm. His pale skin came in contrast with his long black hair. "Whatever~!" the man sighed still smiling.

Last edited:

Chimubar

Imma touch the sky
Omar changed out of his football uniform and put it in his locker. As he put his Dallas Cowboys football jersy back on he saw something fall out of his locker. " Oh, ya I almost forgot about this thing." He he picked up the black leather book and examined the missing pages. " Whats the use of this if it doesnt have any pages?" He put the book in his back and ran out of the locker room realizing he was the only one still there.

The fifteen year old boy got out his planner and checked off football practice. " Ok so my next practice is kick boxing practice." Omar put the planner back in his pocket and looked around to see somebody's shadow. He ran around only to see Simon. " Hey whats up man. Doing some homework? Hoe you dont mind if I join you." Omar sat next to his friend one year older than him and digged through his bag. The first thing that caught his sight was that useless book. He got it out and waved it in front of Simon's face. " Check this out. Its a book I found but it's missing almost all of its pages."

Star Light

Star Light-Star Bright
Jenny finished band pratice. She went up to the roof. She always headed to the roof to pratice the magic she had from her father. She went upstairs and saw someone.

"Oh... I'm sorry... I did not know anyone was up here... hope you don't mind, but I study up here daily." Jenny said. She never saw the man before. He had long black hair. He did not seem to rgonize her first. She did not wish to startle her. She stood there waiting.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
----------------------------------------

Sitting atop of a large, darkly lit throne, in a much large caverned area, a tall figure sat, his red eyes glowing through the darkness surrounding his face, while a small group of other people or creatures stood in front of him. At that exact moment, a new figure entered the area, immediately walking towards the figure atop of the throne, and proceeded to bow in front of him.

"We have confirmation, that the books have begun to appear, my master!" said the dark figure, still kneeling and keeping his head down to the ground. "Yes, now after so long, it can finally begin." said one of the unknown people, who had a sort of authority in its voice. "Good, the players have been picked , all we have to do now is give them a little push in the right direction" said the other unknown, who seemed to be the leader of the group.

The leader raised its hand and a flash of light appeared in front of the group. What was left, was a figure a bit larger then the others in the group, as a sort of icy mist slowly bled from his body, while also an intense heat could be felt radiating from it.

"You summoned me, Master!" It asked the leader while kneeling and bowing beside the other who appeared.
"Yes, I want you to go to the location of where the books are, and to test the current power of those who were chosen to wield them!" said the leader. "Very well, my lord!" said the creature, and in a flash of light it disappeared. "It begins now!" and one by one each of the unknown people disappeared in a flash of light.

Instantly appearing in the town/city where the books were located to have appeared, the figure that last appeared to its master, was now standing at the tip of a large street light, looking down at the emptiness of the area. "So quiet and peaceful...let's see if we can change that!" the figure said as his two different coloured eyes started to glow, one a blazing red, the other an ice blue. On the ground in front of him, at that moment, the ground began to shatter, as from the earth a large creature of sorts rose, now looking up at its master. "Go and have some fun!" said the figure, a crazy looking smile as his golem started attacking anything it saw.

"I might make a template for this person, but I'm not sure if I'll be keeping him alive, or if he'll just be for this moment in time. Also, the creature he summoned would look like this. http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i127/Darkmatters/S2%20news/S2golem.jpg

Wasilis

Bronze Member
~School's Yard~​

Simon was still sitting there, under the shadow of the tree. The atmosphere was so lovely! He could hear the birds, while he was starring at the blue sky. Some white fluffy clouds had covered the sun, but it was still as blinding shine as always. "Everything is so peaceful~!" Simon muttered in a tone only he could hear. He could sit there for hours, observing the nature.

"Hey whats up man. Doing some homework? Hope you don't mind if I join you!" someone interrupted Simon's thoughts. It was Omar. One of his friends. Omar was a year younger than him.

"Oh, hello, Omar!" he smiled at him and simultaneously he hid the book he was holding behind his back. "I was about to..." he wanted to say, but his friend prevented him from doing so.

"Check this out. Its a book I found but it's missing almost all of its pages" he said to Simon while he took a book out of his bag and he waved it in front of Simon.

"What?!" Simon was astonished as he saw the book. It was the same as his. However, Omar, didn't know what it was supposed to be. It reminded him of the time he found the book. It wasn't too long ago. About a month had passed. And since that time, he has grasped the idea; he already knew how to use the book, at least he knew most of its functions.

Simon grabbed the book from Omar's hands. "Give it to me! I want to check it out!" he opened it. Almost all of its pages were missing just like his. He turned to Omar and he returned the book to him. "Tell me! Where did you find this?!" he asked him with a serious look and pointed at the book with his finger. He needed to know the answer.

~School's Roof~​

"Oh... I'm sorry... I did not know anyone was up here... hope you don't mind, but I study up here daily" the girl that went up to the roof apologized.

The man turned slowly to the girl and he saw her at the eyes. At first he didn't reply. Instead he studied her. Then, after a few seconds, he spoke. "No, problem! After all, I am leaving right now~!"

He was about to leave the top of the school, just when he realized something about this girl. Her aura... It wasn't normal! He could understand that this girl had special powers. It was then that a flash hit his mind. "Tell me, girl. Do you believe in magic?" he asked her, while he made eye contact with her. "Answer me!" he added with his calm voice.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Lord Vladimir Von Roethenstien was in a bright an cheerful mood as he took his morning stroll. The sun shone pleasantly, the birds sang, and he hadn't had to swat any annoying, troublemaking, no-good children. Lord Von Roethenstein wasn't very fond of children nowadays, for it seemed as though they hadn't a single moral or principle, and felt as if they could be social parasites and make oters do their work for them. Von Roethenstien snorted in disgust; he was forced to earn every cent of his fortune, by his own blood, sweat, and tears.

Anyways, he turned the corner around the street, to the local school. To ensure that no pestering children would bother him on his walk, he created a barrier of static electricity in the atmosphere around himself, so that if anyone attempted to mug or harass him, they would be painfully jolted with second-degree burns. Lord Vladimir chuckled when he recalled the last attempt by those bothersome children. But as he walked past the schoolyard, all of a sudden, a jolt of energy ran through him, a sensation he hadn't felt for more than twenty years. And there could only be one explanation: a book-holder! He immediatly changed his route, heading towards the school building. He burst through the doors with a great theatrical flourish, and made his way towards the stairs. "Excuse me!" a nasal voice blurted, "Do you have a vistor's pass?"

Von Roethenstien turned around on his heel to register the previously overlooked presence; it was an overweight, fat-lipped secretary with horn-rimmed glasses. The lord was unsure whether it was male or female. The secretary repeated, "Well, do you have a visitor's pass?" "No," Von Roethenstien began, "However, it is absolutely imperative that I see my...long-lost brother's....um, nephew." "That would make him your son, sir." "Confound it! Well, do you think that you could possibly let me sli-" "No, and I'm about to show you the door, sir, unless you show me a visitor's pass!" Lord Vladimir sighed. "Oh, is that it, eh? Think I might hurt one of the students...or worse? It disgusts me how untrusting society has become. I haven't done anything harmful to a child in my entire life!...Well, that's not entirely true, but it's no more than some facial burns and a concussion or two, so let me in!!" The secretary reached for the phone, to call the police, for surely this man was out of his mind. Von Roethenstien realized this, and knew it was time to put his powers of persuasion into action. "Dear Sir, or madam, I'm not entirely sure, I simply must enter this fine learning institute, so as to, er...examine the educational progress of the students. You see, I'm a registered student inspector, and I was notified that this school was past it's inspection time, so I rushed right over. I suppose I just got a bit hasty, so please allow me to pass without any further impedement." The secretary nodded gullibly, a telltale sign of Von Roethenstien's powers at work, and replied, "Oh, pardon me, Mr. Inspector! I'll let you go....And if you want to stop by my office later..." The lord's face turned up in a disgusted grimace. "No, thank you....I have to...go now." He then sped up the stairs of the school, hoping that he would never have such an awful offer imposed upon him again.

Star Light

Star Light-Star Bright
"Magic... well the magic of love and..." Jenny was saying but the griund started shaking. Jenny fell. She noticed her bag lighing up. The book she got was lighting up. Jenny quickly stood up.

"Of coarse I believe in magic, my fathers a magician in many Las Vegas shows. He'd kill me if I say no. Now, ummm what was that?" Jenny asked. She looked at the man. She peered down at her bag. She could see a bit of light coming from her bag. From the book. Jenny reached into her pocket she pulled out her cell phone.

"Oh I have a text message... meet me down stairs. Well I better go." Jenny said. She lied about the text message and ran downstairs. The buses were there but everyone was wondering what the shaking was.She ran past the buses and ran till she got into town. She stoped at a stop sign. She leaned against it to catch her breathe. She peered over the corner. A montser was there. jenny pulled out her book. The book was shining and a map was on it. The book was to the monster.

"Do I have to fight it? Oh well I guess so." Jenny said. She took out a small wand. She swayed it in the air. The wand turned into a staff her father gave her. She jumped around the corner. Book at hand and staff at hand.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Lord Vladimir rushed up the stairs, to the roof, which is where the pulse of energy originated. Almost immediatly, he saw a girl rush past him, an ancient-seeming tome in hand. Von Roethenstien knew that she had to be the source of the energy, since children nowadays have no interest in fine literature, preferring instead to sit for hours upon hours in front of their riduculous, oh, what are they called? Ah, yes: "gamey machines". Anyways, he immediatly turned back the way he came, but by the time he had reached the bottom of the stairs, the book-holder had dissappeared out the door, and he was all but out of breath. After a quick respite, the lord was on the move again, chasing after what the past twenty years of his life had been angled towards.

As he burst out the twin doors of the school, he arrived upon a scene of mass chaos, which had not been there before, during the ten minutes he spent inside the school. He looked about frantically for the girl, but to no avail. Lurking up behind him came a mammoth golem, its eyes shining with a blue, malevolent light. It gave out a roar, thus gaining the lord's attention right before he would have been reduced to a bloody pulp. Stepping aside with surprising agility, Von Roethenstien adopted an angry pose, with his hands on his hips, as though he were scolding a naughty child. "Well, what did you have to go and do a thing like that for?! I've certainly done nothing to deserve such treatment! Please apologize, or I'll say with complete honesty that you've hurt my feelings." The creature swiped at him once more, nearly striking the old man this time. "Oh, now you've done it!" Von Roethenstien immediatly put his powers to use, evoking a large tremor in the earth underneath the monster, sending it to its knees. The creature immediatly sprang forward in a brutal charge, but Lord Vladimir was ahead of the game. He created a glae of wind so powerful that it kept the monster in its place, but not harming it, causing the behemoth to run in place in frustration. This elicted a chuckle from Von Roethenstien, which only angered the golem more, making it redouble its efforts. Then, stepping calmly to the side, with a little bell-kick at the end, the lord released the force of the wind, causing the golem to stumble and fall hard upon the ground. "Hmm...'The larger they are the harder they fall', the saying is."

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
--------------------------------------------

Still standing atop of the lamp post, the figure turned his gaze, towards the girl who had just entered the area. In her hands, she held a staff along with...."Well, well, it seems at least one of you, Book-Holders are smart enough to use your abilities!" said the figure from where he stood. "Let's see what else you're capable of!" the figure said, his crazy looking smile ever present, as he raised his right hand towards the girl, letting more cold mist bleed from him, and directing the large golem to turn its sights onto Jenny.

Letting out an icy cold roar, a barrier made of freezing cold mist surrounded the area, blocking any unwanted guests from intruding on the approaching battle. "Have fun!" the figure said to Jenny, as he began to uncontrollably laugh, just before he burst into blazing flames, leaving the golem to battle Jenny alone. Taking small steps forward, the golem raised its right hand back, before launching a couple of large ice shards hurtling at Jenny.

"What do you think you are doing?" the figure immediately said, as he reappeared on a window ledge just above the school entrance way, giving him the view of one of his golems being made a fool of by a man. This caused the golem that just fell onto the ground, to look back up at its summoner with a look of terror, or what could be described as well as. "I've no use for pathetic golems!" the figure said, as he raised his left hand at his golem, this time letting an intense heat radiate from it.

Roaring in a horrible pain, the golem started to glow red in various parts of its body, until it was entirely surrounded in a fiery aura. Within seconds though, the golem suddenly erupted sending the white hot pieces of earth hurtling towards the man who had made the golem a fool.

Last edited:

Star Light

Star Light-Star Bright
"Huh, what the... well it's ice so then natire and fire is what I need. Ok then... FIRE!!!" Jenny yelled. She swung her staff at the creature. A giamt fire ball went roaring at it. It hit it. Smoke or steam from the cold covered the area. She could barely see. She had to wait till the steam cleared. She jumped back.

"FIRE!! FIRE!! FIRE!!!!" Jennyy yelled. She sent more fireballs in it direction. More steam appeared. Now she had to wait.

Infinite Complex

I'll be waiting....
fading into the background of history.....
xareneth stood behind the fence. if he could pull this off, he could get out of school for the day. people really didnt mind him much, so he wouldn't be missed. he jumped the fence using the powers from his book. he made a break for it, and he was at the street. theere was a man and a golem, they were fighting. xareneth threw an ultima bomb at the beast, making an explosion.

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Molten rock flew at Von Roethenstien with great speed, and it would have surely been the end of him if he hadn't manipulated the density of the air long enough for him to escape. One of the tails of his coat was singed, however, and that greatly agitated him, for all of his suits were very fine. Thinking quickly, he greatly increased the humidity of the air around the golem, causing small amounts of steam to rise from the behemoth. But it would take more than that to fell such a powerful elemental golem. It reared its head and spewed a barrage of fireballs at the lord, and it took nearly all of Von Roethenstien's might to fend them off. By this time, his power was beginning to wane, and he felt that the last of it should be used to eliminate the golem, before it eliminated him. Summoning the last of his strength, he raised his cane high into the air, and parallell to it, clouds swirled ominously above. He then pointed the cane towards the golem, sending the clouds in its direction. As the creature was about to attack once more, the clouds rained down torrents of rain, not it drops, but in a pure stream of water, as if God had turned on his kitchen faucet. The golem fell, convulsing in pain.

Worn out, but satisfied, Von Roethenstien decided that this was one of those tomes when one had to retreat, and he did exactly that. Even the book-holder could wait. On the way back to his manor, a small boy ran up to him, asking for a dollar or two for his next meal. Lord Vladimir promptly swatted him away with his cane, and the boy ran away squealing, clutching his broken wrist. But little did Von Roethenstien notice, a dark figure was nearby, stalking his every move.

Chimubar

Imma touch the sky
Before Omar could answer Simon he heard some fighting near by. " Come on lets go I want to check this out." Omar said as he put the book in his bag and got out his lucky metal baseball bat. He ran into town not sure if Simon was following him and came anly to see a golem thing on the ground. " What the crap. Damn I miss everything." He wasnt quite sure if the thing was dead or not so he went up to it and hit it with his baseball bat. He walked away only to see an ice barrier thing surround something. " Hey whats going on here?" He said as he started to run at the ice but succombed to the cold once he got near it. " Well whatever. Ill just go back to Simon." He said as he started walking back to the school grounds.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
--------------------------------------------

As the giant fire balls collided with the large golem, roars of pain could be heard, as each blast struck it, sending icy mist and steam over the area. Once the fire attacks stopped, and the steam had all but faded away, the clear view of the golem could still be seen, it's right icy hand and arm nearly completely melted from the fireballs. Raising it up towards Jenny, the cold mist that remained around the area, began to gather, instantly regrowing the arm back to it's former state, however a little less bulkier then it previously was. Raising both its left and right arms now, the large golem proceeded to fire another barrage of ice shards at Jenny, while simultaneously firing its own fireballs as well.

Watching the human just barely contend with its golem, seemed to make the figure even more happy, the what was present on his face. However, this soon lowered slightly, as dark clouds surrounded the area, before sending cold rain falling down on the fiery golem. Convulsing in great pain, the large golem finally fell onto the ground, this moment just giving the human enough time to retreat, as well as another to throw a powerful explosive device onto it.

"Quite impressive!" the figure said to himself, as he watched the ones who stopped the golem leave the area, before turning back to his failed summon. Even as the rain fell onto it, the flaming golem was still able to look back up at its summoner, who was raising his right hand towards it. In that moment, the golems entire body suddenly froze solid, before the figure snapped his fingers, shattering the summon into icy dust. Crossing his hands onto his chest, the figure erupted in flames again, leaving the area completely alone.

Chimubar

Imma touch the sky
Omar turned around to see xareneth. " Hey whats up. I didnt see it. I got here to late. Well im going back to hang out with Simon. He was asking me about this blank book thing. I think I still have it with me. Well whatever lets go." He walked away and through the corner of his eye he saw the first golem turn into dust. "HOLY CRAP!" Omar said as he ran it to the dust and saw it was a mixture between snow and dust. " Who did that?" He said as he looked around to see if anybody was there.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
OOC: Sorry, I didn't see your post, guyfromcrowd!

Lord Vladimir thought he heard something, but it was ignored by the eccentric man, who had by this time, reached the gate of his manor. Flipping through the keys while humming the tune of "Joltin' Joe Dimaggio", he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. Turning, and seeing nothing, he went back to opening the gate. All of a sudden, a shadowy being whose features the lord couldn't distinguish very well leaped in front of the gate, and knocked Von Roethenstien unconscious.

When he awoke, he was in a dismal place which was very dimly lit, so it was difficult to make out his surroundings. But from what he could make out, there was some sort of walkway leading up to a chair-no, a throne. It was quite grand in a malevolent sort of way, being covered with spikes, skulls, skulls with spikes protruding out of them, skulls with spikes protruding through them, and all sorts of skull-and-spike themed decor. "My," he thought "I've either been abducted, or the maids have done some serious re-decorating."

Star Light

Star Light-Star Bright
"What was that about? I wanted to make more fire balls, oh well." Jenny said. She turned her staff back into a magician wand. She sighed. School was over now. Her house isn't that far so she walked home. It was friday, by now her father should be at the house. She walked in and was right. Her father was home.

"Hi Dad." Jenny greeted her father. He looked up from the magic book he was reading.

"Oh hey kido." He said. Jenny hated him calling her kido, but rarely sees him so she ignores the comment.

"so how's Las Veagas?" Jenny asked.

"It's good, in fact offered to move to a new city making more money. It's only an hour away so I can live at home again. Isnt that great!?" Her father said with excitment. When Jenny heard that, she was happy about it.

"Really!? I say take it! I can see you more!" Jenny said. She ran to her father and hugged him. Jenny then noticed her bag glowing. It was the book. she took it out and opened it. A picture of the creature she was fighting and dissapeared was presence. She looked at it and closed it. Her father looking at the book still interested from the first time.

"Yeah, I took the offer. My stuff is coming here tomorow. Jenny, can I examin your book tonight?" Her father asked.

"I don't see why not." Jenny said she handed him the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back