• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Crest Chronicles

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You hath returned? Most excellent. Thanks for the comments, everyone. I was unsure of what to put in chapter four. But now it gives everyone a chance to get something to do. So Spectro and Sera aren't left out, ansemjafar. They're gonna fight together!

ansemjafar

A.K.A. Jemxas
Awards
Thanks although I find it interesting that Spectro didn't want to join Amarra and Nairda until Sera joined them. Also u could have mentioned how Spectro losdt his arm protecting her. but that is it. Other than that cool story

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It's been too long since I've done a chapter. Here it is, guys. Enjoy!

~~~

Chapter 5: The Dark One

Unknown to Ramus who was now truly lost to the darkness, Isis had been following him all along. She had pursued him as quickly as she could and it had also meant leaving her little sister behind. Since Isis knew that Spectro would be there for her with Sera, then she had gone and left without saying a word. She hid out of sight in the chamber and heard all that Ramus had to say. Her worst fears had been confirmed.

So he truly has been taken over the darkness. Alas, my fears have come true. I refused to believe at first, but now he wants to awaken the Dark One. Why did they have to take my brother? Why? Isis continued to watch Ramus through all he was doing. It seemed that he was preparing for a ritual. "Please ..." she whispered to herself. "Give me a sign, Horus, Osiris. Please help me to fight Ramus. Please also help Ramus through his dark times."

Meanwhile, sometime passed. Dawn reigned upon Egypt and Nephitaty was up early ready to pursue her brother and sister. When she was gathering her things, her mother suddenly appeared to her. "Amarra," she said. Nephitaty looked up at her mother and knew who she was right away. Her eyes only showed shock and relief at the same time.

"I mean ... Nephitaty," smiled her mother. "I am so pleased with you, how much you have grown and now you are doing something that is true to your heart."

Nephitaty rose to her feet and looked at her mother. "How can I see you? You look like me ... are you my mother?" she asked.

"That I am indeed," she replied. "Nephitaty, I know you changed your name. Remember you will always be Amarra and I respect you for changing that name. You alone now must decide your destiny. Will you go after Ramus and fight? Or will you wait here for the end of the world to come? Either way, I know the answer you will say. But please, by all means tell me. What is your answer?"

"I will fight!" exclaimed Nephitaty. "I must help Isis to help Ramus! They are my family! They promised you to look after me and now it's my turn to look after them by helping Ramus be released from his darkness. I just know he can pull through this! He can pull through this!"

"That is the spirit I have longed to see," said her mother. "Go, Nephitaty. I will be watching over you."

"Thank you ... mother," she whispered.

"Nephitaty? Who are you talking to?" asked Nairda, who had just appeared with two white horses.

"I was talking to my ... mother," said Nephitaty as she took the white horses from Nairda. After all, Nairda was not used to things on the earth; he had his problems even with horses. "You must be careful, Nairda. You have to be gentle with the horses or else they will bite you."

"Who said I was not being gentle?!" said Nairda loudly. "Why do we have to use these - these ... animals?! We could always use the sand to take us wherever they are."

"Ah, but you cannot know where Ramus and Isis are," said Nephitaty. "If I recall, you must know where you are going to get to the place you wish to go to."

Suddenly, Nairda looked up at the sky. "No, not now," he said. "I am sorry, Nephitaty. I have to go ... Horus is calling me."

"H-Horus? Is this not most unusual?" stared Nephitaty.

"It IS most unusual," said Nairda. "It must be important."

"But what of the journey?" she said.

"I will return soon," he told her. "Spectro and Sera are on their way here right now as we speak. Let them take one horse and you take the other. I will find you, Nephitaty. I always do." After winking, sand surrounded Nairda and he disappeared to another location.

Nephitaty sighed as she took the horses near to the exit of the temple and tied them down there for now. Moments later, Spectro and Sera arrived. "It is good to see you," smiled Nephitaty. "I apologise for the journey you have made."

"It is no problem, Nephitaty," said Spectro. "We were able to use my ice powers to get here."

"Something very odd has been going on in the big village," said Sera.

"The people there are doing strange things," sighed Spectro. "Monsters have begun to appear in the village and we are all worried that it maybe related to your brother, Nephitaty. I still feel bad that I could not stop him. He was my friend."

"He still is your friend," said Sera. "Um, where is Nairda?"

"Nairda? He had to go ... somewhere," said Nephitaty.

After all, Nephitaty herself was only beginning to understand what the role of a guardian meant. She was still confused of how Nairda had been called to see Horus at that moment. But still, she would dwell upon that later. Now it was time to do something that she had to do. Even Spectro himself was confused by what a guardian was, but he had been convinced that he was no longer Nephitaty's loyal protector. Yet even now, he was standing by her side as he once did during some of the years when he would watch her grow up.

"Somewhere? I see," nodded Sera. "I am still trying to understand what a guardian is supposed to be."

"The same here," assumed Spectro. "But he will be joining us later, I assume?"

"Yes," nodded Nephitaty. "He shall be joining us later. He will find where I am and we shall be reunited soon. Nairda promised he would come to help us fight Ramus."

"We are going to fight Ramus?" asked Sera.

"It maybe the only way," she sighed. "We can try to talk to him, but if that does not work, we must fight him. The light always gets rid of the darkness. We all know that and with knowing that, we shall do this."

Back at the dark chamber, Isis had been discovered. She was now getting a beating from Ramus who was using his god-like strength to beat her down. "You always were the pathetic one, were you not, Isis?" laughed Ramus. "I should have killed you when I had the chance at the temple. I would have thought what Amarra would like you out of the way. You are always going after her."

"You ... you ..." began Isis, but she coughed up blood since she was so weak. She had barely even shocked Ramus into submission as of yet. "... I should never have believed that ... that ... that you had ... THAT YOU HAD WHAT IT TAKES TO LOOK AFTER OUR FAMILY!" She had used most of her strength for that. Isis had little strength left, but she was not about to give up.

"You are such an idiot," hissed Ramus as he grabbed hold of the top of her dress and brought her closer to his face. "I am not Ramus, Isis. I am the inner darkness he has been holding back for so many years. It is time that you learnt that there is also darkness inside of you. The ritual is almost complete and the world will be cast into hell. A permanant darkness shall be cast upon our earth and the Dark One shall reign upon it. You want to know who the Dark One is?" He threw Isis to the ground and then dark wings spurted out of his back. His eyes were fully black, claws replaced his nails and horns grew out of his head. "I AM THE DARK ONE!"

Isis looked up at him and closed her eyes. She could not bare witness to his new demonic transformation. So the rumours are true ... the Dark One is supposed to have a terrifying sight. I do not wish to look upon it, yet I already have. Somehow, someway, I must resist him! But I need to stall for time first. "Why ... why would I allow my ... darkness to take over ... me?" she said weakly. She sat up and leant against the wall as the blood from her nose began to flow. There were also cuts and bruises all over her body. It would not be long now until her body would be fully bloodied.

Ramus looked down at Isis and smiled evilly. "You will unleash your darkness and it shall take over you," he hissed as he crossed his arms. "With my newfound strength, you'll turn to the darkness because I am the Dark One. I can unleash the darkness of any being. My powers have become even stronger since the last time I was sealed away. But it took the gods to seal me away last time. I hardly doubt that you could stop me from doing what I want. Ramus is a lost cause now and you will be soon. Soon! The whole world will be lost to the Dark One!"

They were leaving the temple. Spectro was riding a white horse with Sera as she rode the saddle and his arm was around her. His skull staff was tucked into his belt. Nephitaty was riding a horse on her own and she was going a little faster than the other two. There was a fierce look on her face that showed nothing, but determination to see this through. Her blue eyes were beginning to emit a white glow that was clearly noticeable.

"Do you see that?" asked Sera. "Do you see that glow that is coming from her eyes?"

"I do indeed," said Spectro. "But Nephitaty cares for her family so much. She cares for them just as much as they care for her. They are a close family and I respect that. They would do the same for us if one of us was in trouble like Ramus."

There was a strong breeze in the air. Nephitaty's black hair swayed in the air as she had let it down and she was wearing suitable clothes for this journey. "We will find them," she said to Spectro and Sera. "We will find them! I just know it!"

Before long, Nairda appeared next to Nephitaty as he was flying in the air. "Miss me? Hey," he said. "I see someone's really wanting to get this over and done with." He flew on to the horse and then sat down behind Nephitaty. "You got this horse going fast. Ok, Horus told me something very bad is about to happen and it could quite clearly affect the entire world."

"And this is because of Ramus?" asked Nephitaty. "And what do you mean about me wanting to get it over and done with?"

"When someone's eyes emit a white glow, it shows that they're willing to fight for the greater good and help whoever is in trouble," smiled Nairda. "I could not ride a horse if I wanted to. Anyway, it is time that we do this!"

The horses rode even faster now. "Where did you learn how to ride, Sera?" asked Spectro. "You are a good rider of horses."

"I learnt in my childhood," said Sera, answering his question. "My father was a rider and so he taught me my knowledge and taught me how to do this."

"I see," smiled Spectro. "I would tell you about my family, but ... they live a far way away from here."

"So did Horus mention anything that is useful?" asked Nephitaty.

"He did mention a being that all beings tremble upon seeing," said Nairda. "He is known as the Dark One."

"The Dark One ... is he real? I assumed he was a legend," said Sera.

"No, he is alive and in the flesh," he continued to say. "It is known he is one of the main baddest creatures alive. Many years ago, he tried to devour the earth through taking it to hell and casting it into eternal darkness. But it took the power of the gods to stop him and so the earth was brought back up from hell. Everyone forgot about it due to their power and assumed that the Dark One was a legend. And that is the story of the Dark One. His power is real. He does not have a body anymore because it was destroyed. His spirit was sealed away in a temple ... oh, my ..." He turned to Nephitaty. "It was your family's temple. The gods entrusted your family to seal off the spirit of the Dark One in a mystical ornament. But somehow, that spirit must have broken free. Yes, it is all coming into pieces now ..."

"There is only answer for this ..." said Sera.

"Only one? It can't be!" said Spectro. His fears had been confirmed.

"It is," said Nephitaty. "Ramus opened the ornament and the Dark One took over his body, thus, releasing his inner darkness he had been holding back for so many years. He left ... to protect me. It should have been me that had to be taken over. But it got to Ramus first ... the Dark One wanted me for some reason. Nairda, does this relate to Runinhura?"

"I ... I do not know," said Nairda. "But some things are coming into place. It seems that creatures of darkness want you for some reason like Runinhura and the Dark One. Why? I have no clue. Then again, you are a special child, Nephitaty. Ramus and Isis saw your birth, they alone know why the birth makes you so special. But I already know you are special in my eyes." With that, he smiled and winked. "You were always special. Not just about your powers, but you yourself. The forces of darkness want you? They can fight for you. But it does not mean I will not fight for you, Nephitaty. I am your guardian and I shall fight for you. So let us be cautious when we get nearer to wherever Ramus and Isis are."

It did not take them long until they encountered a pyramid that caught Nairda's attention straight away. The horses stopped. Nephitaty, Nairda, Spectro and Sera jumped off right away. "For some strange reason, I know this is the place," said Sera.

"Indeed," said Nairda. "I know this place somehow ... yet I cannot figure out how I know it. It must be where the Dark One is. Ramus and Isis's presences here are strong. I must be able to sense them with you here, Nephitaty. It will not be long until they find us here."

"Then we must be ready," said Spectro, taking his skull staff out and using it for support. "The Dark One may already be plotting to take Nephitaty away from us, so we should surround and protect her."

"I will be fine!" smiled Nephitaty. "I have been in mortal danger before. I am used to danger by now."

"Spectro is right," agreed Sera. "We do not want to take any risks."

"Very well, so it is decided," said Nairda. "We protect Nephitaty and -"

Suddenly, Isis appeared before them using the darkness. Her eyes were black and she looked at the ground emotionlessly. At first, the group backed away from Nephitaty since they thought it was safe after seeing Isis. But once they looked upon the appearance of Isis, they knew something was wrong.

"This does not look good, my friends," said Spectro. "It seems that perhaps the Dark One has manipulated Isis. I know we cannot kill her because she is our friend, but we must also protect Nephitaty."

"Stay back, Nephitaty," warned Nairda. "We can handle this."

Instantly, Runinhura appeared someway away from them. "What is this?" he snarled. "The Dark One is here?! So he is not a myth or a legend at all! He is here in the flesh, but this girl is not him ... he is using someone else ..."

"Runinhura?!" yelled Nairda.

"Nairda?!" yelled Runinhura.

"What are you doing here?" shouted Nairda. "You are not taking Nephitaty this time!"

"As if I would take her, you fool," hissed Runinhura. "I am here because of the Dark One. His presence has been made known. As a creature of darkness, I could sense his power being sent through the world. I was ... curious ... to see what was going on."

"More like you came for Nephitaty," assumed Spectro.

"Ah, Spectro," smiled Runinhura nastily. "Long time, no see. This is a most lovely reunion, but I only came for one thing. The Dark One must be eliminated. So what are you waiting for? Are you going to hurt that brat girl over ther? Or aren't you because she's your friend and you won't harm her?"

With all of this going on, Nephitaty stood behind everyone else. They had their backs to her and she believed that she was safe. Isis glared at them all with black eyes of darkness. "The Dark One shall reign upon the planet," she hissed darkly. "His wrath will be unleashed!" As the group rushed forward to attack her, including Runinhura, something else was going on.

Ramus appeared behind Nephitaty as he still wore his demonic appearance. "It is time, Nephitaty," he said. "Do not look upon me until we are in the pyramid, you fool." And with that, the darkness engulfed them both as they both reappeared in the pyramid. The group had no idea that Nephitaty had been taken as of yet.

Ramus slammed Nephitaty into the wall. Her head began to bleed and she looked upon his demonic appearance. "You ..." she said. After hearing what Nairda had said about the Dark One, there was one thing that had been wrong said about him. She WAS able to look upon him, or perhaps that was another matter. Somehow, she wanted to turn away, but she didn't. It was strange considering that she could not keep her eyes off his demonic appearance. It mystified her and she rose to her feet trying to find someway out of this nightmare. Unfortunately, when she got to her feet she was paralysed somehow. "What? Why can I not move?" she said. She could only move her lips and her eyes.

"That is because you are the only one who can look upon me without turning away instantly," explained Ramus. "You are a special child, Nephitaty. But you were never called Nephitaty to begin with now, were you? Your name was Amarra, but you chose to call yourself Nephitaty when your brother and sister abandoned you. How does it feel to be alone in this world?"

"I am not alone in this world!" shouted Nephitaty. "I have other people in my life. Spectro, Sera, Nairda ..."

"But they are not your family now, are they?" smiled Ramus evilly. "Only Ramus and Isis are your true family. Now that Isis has been unleashed with her true darkness, it is time for yours to come out. Through this act, we will all be reunited through the darkness. It was just so easy to manipulate you, Nephitaty. Ramus is of your blood and you are siblings. It was so easy to control Isis, too. Spectro, Sera and that brat Nairda could never understand all that pain you go through everyday ... but you know what, Nephitaty? I understand your pain. You do not want it to go on, do you? Besides, by the time they discover you gone you will be turned to the darkness."

Nephitaty just stood there paralysed and tried not to look at Ramus so much. She knew that it was not Ramus anymore since the Dark One reigned in his body, but she knew that she could still see the image of Ramus in her mind when she looked upon his body.

Sabaku no Gaara

Bronze Member
I do! Great chapters AoD (Note: I'm saying chapterS because I never got the chance to comment on 4...). I was very surprised about Ramus. It's gonna be neat reading the battle between Isis and the others like aj had said. I'll prolly come back and read this again sometime! Awsomeness! I can't wait for, but I guess I have to, the next chap!

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
I hate to say this, but this story just flat out sucks.

The writing has a lot of mistakes. And I mean a lot. The story is far fetched. The plot feels so over exaggerated that it's sickening to read this.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Vista said:

The writing has a lot of mistakes. And I mean a lot. The story is far fetched. The plot feels so over exaggerated that it's sickening to read this.
Mistakes? Care to tell me how it is a mistake? If you feel it is "so over exaggerated", then don't read it.

Sabaku no Gaara

Bronze Member
Vista said:

Wow... I hate to say this but you deserve to get punched in the eye... I don't see any mistakes! And I mean none! Keyword here STORY!! Aren't most far fetched? And like AoD said why read it if you think its over exaggerated. If you read the first freakin' paragraph it says that it's about a RP character!

unknown_boy

Where's my fluffy?!!
Right, i'm leaving on the roads that lead to my fl
Vista said:

The writing has a lot of mistakes. And I mean a lot. The story is far fetched. The plot feels so over exaggerated that it's sickening to read it.

Please, point out those mistakes, and if there are any, I'm quite sure that it isn't so much as to call it crappy. Story being Far-fectched....um it's fantasy....what the hell do you expect it to be, Real?! Over-exaggerated....why are you reading it?

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ok, guys. This maybe the last chapter for two weeks (unless I do one tomorrow) because yep! I go away on Wednesday to Spain! So here is Chapter 6 for you! :thumbup:

--------------------

Chapter 6: A Helping Hand

Nairda did not want to hurt Isis, but he felt that he had no choice. Forgive me, Nephitaty. I do not wish to harm her in any way to make you feel bad. He flew at Isis and headbutted her in the stomach. Isis went flying back, but growled and got back to her feet. "That," said Nairda. "That cannot be possible. The Dark One can withstand the power of even a guardian?" Isis's black eyes sent a dark blast at Nairda knocking him off his feet.

Spectro ran forward and then froze her whole body with his ice powers. "Remember, Spectro," said Sera. "Isis is our friend and we cannot allow her to die. I will ensure that she cannot die with my powers. Do what you must and free her of the curse of the darkness." After Spectro nodded, he swung his staff and slashed it at the ice shattering it.

Isis shivered and could barely even move after being frozen. "Y-You f-fools!" she growled. "Now ... n-now, you shall feel my wrath!" She kicked Spectro out of the way and then grabbed Sera by the throat. "No one is here to protect you now, Sera. It is time for you to die!" But suddenly, Isis felt a sharp piercing pain in her back. She looked back to see that Spectro was on the ground and ice claws had formed on his hand. She released Sera and then fell to the ground.

"Are you all right, my love?" asked Spectro.

"I ... I am fine," said Sera. "Thank you, Spectro."

"You are welcome," he smiled and gave her a kiss on the lips. It was long and passionate.

In the meantime, Nairda was recovering from the dark blast that had been sent at him. Runinhura laughed as he looked down at him. "You were always the pathetic one, were you not, Nairda?" he smiled nastily. "Not even a guardian such as yourself could defeat the Dark One. To defeat darkness, there must be darkness in yourself at the time. And I am the only one who can do it." He walked towards Isis. "You feel darkness inside of you, but you have no idea to control it. You are worthless!"

But Isis was quicker than him. She sent a dark energy ball at Runinhura and then jumped towards him. Once he had been hit by the energy ball, she kicked Runinhura in the face and he went flying up into the air. "Imbecile," she said. "You should learn your place, dark guardian."

Nairda watched as Runinhura was being bested by Isis who was still being manipulated by the Dark One. He realised what Runinhura had been saying and sighed. "Then how can we regain Isis? How can we restore her humanity?" he said as he jumped to his feet. "There is only one way! Xela! I summon you now!"

Before anyone knew it, a small glimmer of light appeared and took on the form of a girl with golden hair who was wearing a white and golden dress. She was very angelic. "Nairda, a surprise to call upon me," she smiled and saw Isis being controlled by the Dark One. "No ... the Dark One!"

"Exactly," said Nairda. "We must free Isis at all costs! But we cannot kill her. She is the older sibling of the one I am meant to protect."

"You mean Nephitaty? She is no longer here," pointed out Xela. "The Dark One took her. I had to come, regardless of what would happen with Isis here."

Nairda looked at the spot where Nephitaty was once stood. "NO!" he yelled. "She cannot be gone! Nephitaty! Nephitaty ... the Dark One has her?" And he is the one manipulating Ramus. We have to free him of the darkness. I pray and hope we have not lost him yet. "Then if he has her, then we must enter in there immediately!" He ran forward to the temple and avoided Isis for the meantime. But some kind of invisible barrier had been placed upon the entrance.

"Only those aligned to darkness can enter," explained Xela. "I am of pure light and so are you. Runinhura is the only one who can go in there."

"But Runinhura is fighting Isis," said Nairda. "Regardless of that, we must enter somehow!" Sand surrounded him and that sand rushed at the pyramid rapidly. But the barrier was still there and expelled him from the pyramid. He landed in the same spot he had once stood in. "No!"

"We have no choice, but to fight Isis," said Xela. "Nairda, look."

Isis sent a dark blast at Runinhura and he was knocked out. Shock was on both Nairda and Xela's faces. "No one has ever managed to defeat Runinhura before!" said Nairda.

"No one has been able to make him collapse," assumed Xela. "Come, Nairda! We must defeat Isis and then proceed through the pyramid. I am certain through freeing Isis, then we will be accepted into the pyramid."

Meanwhile, Nephitaty was in the air. Chains had raised her up into the air. There were chains on her arms and legs. There was one even on her neck. She had her eyes closed and was unconscious. Ramus walked into the chamber and looked up at her.

"She is perfect," he said. "My new shell will be ready soon. But she is resisting the darkness. Someone or something must be helping to resist it! Yet fear not, I am sure that I can eliminate this threat. My new body will be ready very soon."

He paced around the room, unaware that Nephitaty had just awoken to hear what he had said. Her vision was blurry, but she had heard everything he had said. She tilted her head to the right and saw that there was no escape from the room apart from the exit behind Ramus. And it was no point projecting her thoughts to Nairda either. The darkness blocked out everything that she tried to give out to the outside world.

"You ... will not get what you ... want," she managed to say.

Ramus looked up at her and smiled an evil smile. "So you have awakened," he hissed. "How does the darkness feel? How does it feel to know that you will be my new shell, my new body? The one to allow me to destroy the world! How does it feel altogether?"

"It feels ... disgusting," whispered Nephitaty.

"Why do you not just surrender to the darkness? Then it shall be less painful and you can submit to being my new host," continued Ramus. "After all, you care so much for your family. Ramus feels so much pain right now without being able to do anything. He put up a good fight to defeat me, but in the end ... it was useless to resist. Do you wish to see that memory, Nephitaty?"

He began to approach her and extended his arm to her. Nephitaty could not hardly move or do anything. She was trying her best to resist the darkness that was being transferred into her body, but she did not want to see the memory that Ramus had submitted to the will of the Dark One eithr.

"Stay away from me ... you monster!" yelled Nephitaty.

Ramus floated into the air and then put his hand to Nephitaty's forehead. "It is time, my precious," he said. "Fear not, Ramus will see the time to come when you submit to my will. The time will come soon for my next ascension. For now, watch this memory and feel his pain ..."

"NOOOOOOOOOO!" yelled Nephitaty as she felt herself falling down a dark hole when she entered that memory.

It was the temple that Ramus had been passed down where he was at the moment. He was praying to the gods for the final time. "Horus, Osiris, gods," he said. "Please, my gods. I am your servant, but I have nowhere to turn. Where do I turn? Our curse is coming for me first. Then it will pass to Nephitaty should Isis follow the prophecy and be of pure light. What do I do?" He remained there for a while longer until he left the room.

A dark voice was heard within the air only in Ramus's mind. "Come hither, young Ramus," it hissed. "I can help you. The gods ignore your plea and I know that I have the answer that you are seeking desperately for."

Ramus was suspicious of this dark voice, but he thought long and hard about it. Who could he trust? It had been seven times now since he had prayed to the gods and they had not given an answer or a sign. He could only go with what would help him eventually.

"Who are you? How do you know what I am seeking?" he said.

Isis appeared in the hallway. "Ramus," she said. "Are you well? You seem unwell, brother."

"I ... am getting better, Isis," said Ramus as he put on a fake smile. "Please watch over Nephitaty whilst I go talk to the servants. Ensure that she is safe at all costs. That is my only wish, sister."

"Of course," said Isis, smiling and leaving for Nephitaty's room.

"She is a beautiful one, is she not?" hissed the dark voice. "You wish to know my name? I have no name. But they do call me the Dark One. My power is unbelievable. You have great power within you that needs to be unleashed. With this power, you can be unstoppable. You could crush Nephitaty herself and control her for yourself. You must not follow the destiny others you wish to follow, but you decide your own destiny. Nephitaty and Isis are destiny free to decide their own destiny. So now it is time for you to do it, too."

"Where are you?" asked Ramus. "And your name is the Dark One? I am beginning to become convinced that perhaps you can help me."

"I am in the forbidden room that has the dark ornament," said the dark voice. "You always remember that room your father told you about when you were a child? He lied to you. Wonderous things are in that room when you unlock the dark ornament inside."

Ramus walked towards the forbidden room until he was stopped by a servant. "Master Ramus," he said. "Please, may I ask where you are going?"

"I am going to check on the forbidden room," he answered. "I must check upon it because Isis insisted me upon doing it. You know how angry and frustrated she can become of me not doing this."

The servant let him past and Ramus entered the room. He saw the forbidden hieroglythics on the walls and felt a rage burning up inside of him. It forced him to fall to his knees and choke a little.

"That's right, Ramus," hissed the dark voice. "You belong here. It is your destiny to be here!"

"Wh-What?" choked Ramus. "What ... what do you mean ... who are you?! You are ... the Dark One?! No, it ... cannot be ..."

"It is quite possible," hissed the Dark One. "You are destined for this, Ramus. The darkness in you has been building up for so many years now. You must unleash it or be controlled by it. Either way, you are doomed to your fate."

Ramus rose to his feet and his eyes turned black. "I - I do not want to d-do this!" he protested.

"You have no choice, Ramus," said the Dark One. "This is your fate and now you are doomed to it. I can help you, but only if you release me! Release me and all of this pain will have been for getting rid of it. Unleash me! Free me from my prison, so that I can be free once more!"

"But this pain ... I want to feel it!" yelled Ramus. He cried out in pain. "S-Someone ... HELP ME!"

"No one can hear you," hissed the Dark One. "You are doomed to your fate! Release me, so that I can go to destroy this pathetic world and get my destined host!"

He was resisting every manipulative move that the Dark One was doing to him. Ramus finally lost control and lost his tmeper. He ran at the dark ornament and grabbed it. He smashed it and then a huge dark cloud came floating out. This dark cloud entered Ramus's body through his mouth, nostrils and eyes. He looked blankly at the ceiling for a few moments as his body hit the ground with a loud thud.

"No," whispered Ramus as he felt the last of his humanity slipping away. "NOOOOOOO!"

His eyes turned pure black and dark markings appeared on his arms. A dark and evil laugh was heard coming from his mouth. However, this voice did not belong to Ramus. In fact, it was the Dark One and Ramus's voice intertwined, only darker. He raised his hand and the dark hieroglypthics glowed in the darkness. They all transferred to Ramus's hand and he was filled with such power.

"Most excellent," he hissed. "I now have the forbidden power I once wielded. Now that Ramus is out of the way, I can focus on more important things. Getting to the pyramid is the most important thing to me right now."

Ramus, inside of his own body, was trapped. He could not do anything. He could not shed a tear, move his eyes or even scream out in pain. His torture felt eternal, although it had only been a few moments of being possessed by the Dark One.

Nephitaty opened her eyes. She saw that she was still in the same place where she had been before she had witnessed the memory. Ramus was now on the ground no longer floating.

"And yet, you still resist the darkness," hissed Ramus. "Think of it, Nephitaty. Sacrifice yourself and it shall not be in vein. Ramus is almost gone because he chose to resist. You have a choice, Nephitaty. Allow me to give you a painless takeover and I shall let Ramus live. Or you could resist and Ramus will be wiped out from existence as soon as I'm in your body."

She looked down at the ground and then up at the ceiling. What can I do? What would Isis do? What would Spectro and Sera do? What would ... Nairda ... do? What should I do really? It took her a long time to think about this.

"Consider it," he continued to say. "Save your brother, Nephitaty. By sacrificing yourself, you can give his old life back. What life do you have anyway? Dark creatures seeking you out all the time ... I can put an end to it with the darkness inside of you. What do you say?"

Nephitaty shed a tear and thought of Ramus. She thought of how much pain he was in right now. She would know that he was encouraging her not to go through with this, but she knew what she had to do. It was the only way to save Ramus.

"V-Very well," she whispered. "I - I shall do it ..."

"What do I hear from you? Speak up, girl!" demanded Ramus.

"I WILL DO IT!" yelled Nephitaty. For the first time, she looked very angry.

"Excellent, excellent!" laughed Ramus evilly. "Oh yes, oh yes! My destined host is right in front of me and has submitted to my will. Now, Nephitaty. Allow the darkness to consume you and do not fight it either! We have an agreement. I shall take over you and Ramus will live. Bow your head and let it take over you. Then I will take over you!"

So Nephitaty did it. She lowered her head feeling ashamed and stopped resisting the darkness. It was slowly, but surely that she was truly ... gone. Ramus laughed and then looked at the dark markings on his arms.

"Hmm ... you wanted this ... right?" he said. "Ramus, you cannot stop the inevitable. It is time to grow up and face the facts! You were fooled, child!"

And with that, the darkness left Ramus's body as well as the dark markings and anything else that had been transferred into his body had gone. Ramus fainted and then the Dark One woke up inside of Nephitaty's body.

Meanwhile, Isis had been defeated. Nairda gulped as he sensed something was not good. Nephitaty ... no. It cannot be ... she is ... gone.

ansemjafar

A.K.A. Jemxas
Awards
hey. great chapter my friend only i have a complaint. i don't think that spectro would have kissed sera. true they deeply love each other but why would they kiss when Isis was still able to fight. Other than that excellent.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
hey. great chapter my friend only i have a complaint. i don't think that spectro would have kissed sera. true they deeply love each other but why would they kiss when Isis was still able to fight. Other than that excellent.
Thanks! They would kiss because Nairda and Runinhura had Isis covered for now. True, they love each deeply and would do anything to protect each other. Anymore comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back