• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Dawning of a New Birth [Updated]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawninmyheart

Awards
Website
users.livejournal.com
The_Dawning_of_a_New_Birth_by_dawninmyheart.png

My first LP (yay, I guess). I intend to submit this in the BBS countdown contest. So, the bottom line is should I submit this or go with something else?

Last edited:
Awards
Re: The Dawning of a New Birth

I'm unfamiliar with the original picture, so not exactly sure what you did it, seems more like a photomanip, so i can't really judge too much.

looks good though. would make for a good poster.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards

The cut-job definitely shows, not sure the amount of blending that could actually be worked in. Aside from the modest feeling of it feeling as though it sticks out, I'd say its better than most for a first LP imo.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards

I don't actually think he cut the image out. I have the original and it has the same background. From what i can see all that's been done is a few adjustments to the original, some more of your own personal touch needs to be added, imo.

Daddy

I'd suggest to duplicate the end result and cut the characters out of the duplicate and move your effects behind that dupe in a new version.
Change colors, get bold and creative, add brushes, or interesting text to it.

It needs more of a feeling that something was done.
It's pretty, yes. but more could totally be done here.

Dawninmyheart

Awards
Website
users.livejournal.com

Cloud is right - I didn't cut it out or anything (Btw, I'm a "she", Cloud). Here's the original stock. I think I might try something totally different with this stock later based on Daddy's suggestion. In the meantime, what do you guys think about version 2?

the_dawning_of_a_new_birth_v_2_by_dawninmyheart-d2xlqmw.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back