• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Ebb and Flow of Fame

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Depends upon the day and if there is free pizza.
(The RP has begun. Those who want to join are very welcome to do so in the OOC thread located in the main RP section.)

Good lord, this was a boring, dreadful place. David had had enough of the club the moment he had stepped inside of it. It was a nice place, he supposed, what with towering fish tanks of nigh unbreakable glass, and lights that made everything seem as if it were rippling, but the employees, ugh, he’d never seen a more irritatingly bland group of people in his life. Few of them knew how to carry on a conversation with someone of David’s grand social stature and as such, he considered them beneath him. Of course, he would act pleasant if necessary, but sometimes it pained him to do so.

His recent interview with Sierra Mills had proved that David was excellent at presenting a façade. In the public eye, he was gentle, charming, and a nice man to be around. Frankly, he was everything he actually wasn’t. He may have had some redeeming qualities, such as a fierce will, unmitigated courage, and an unending ability to defend those he deemed worthy, but in reality, David was blunt, mean, irritated, demanding, and an all around unpleasant fellow who was nearly impossible to satisfy. Sierra Mills had become acquainted with the latter fact after she had offered a more “in-depth” interview. She was good with her lips, but her tongue left a little to be desired. David had enjoyed it, of course, but he had had better. It was nice. Not thrilling, but nice. She had since left, most likely gone back to the studio to tell her friends the juicy details, and David had of course, gone back to what he was doing before the interview.

Drinking and waiting. Every so often, otherwise referred to as “at every possible chance”, David’s lips welcomed the taste of Captain Morgan’s rum. He had been sipping at it all day. He sat on a very comfortable couch, the same one before which Sierra Mills had so recently knelt, his eyes flicking from the papers in his hand to the empty stage before him. He was, in order to pass the time, trying to remember names he would hardly care enough to recall later. They were the names of some of the musicians who would audition later that night and David was hardly impressed. Peons, fools. If they had expected to actually have any power within the band itself, they’d be horribly mistaken. David needed a band that lived up to his expectations, not some rental group from down the lane. They were to serve as a backdrop, pleasing figures standing in the background while David was at center stage.

“Mr. Bourne?”

This irritating intern had been at David’s heels all day. The nosy little anklebiter was only a junior in college, majoring in stage management, and had landed the role of David Bourne’s assistant for the day. It was a job many would have killed for. In order to accentuate this fact, and therefore his own self-importance, David had taken to dressing especially “nice” for the occasion. He wore a somewhat tight black shirt that managed to show off the muscles he had, and a silver pendant on a short, steel chain. His lower half was clad in a pair of low-rise boot-cut jeans, made out of dark blue denim. The top of his boxers, emblazoned with the brand name “Quiksilver” peeked just over the top of his pants, giving anyone who might see a little taste of what was to come if they got lucky. His feet were encased in black sneakers, somewhat worn, yet amazingly comfortable. All in all, David felt hot, a feeling he found justified by the fact that he was, in his own mind, amazingly attractive.

David struggled with the choice of being pleasant or ripping the man’s throat out for bothering him. Perhaps it would be good public relations to be nice to this kid. He was in college, after all. He had connections to David’s audience.

“What?”

“Is the lighting okay on the stage?”

David didn’t even bother looking.

“It’s as good as it’s ever gonna get.”

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
"Six letter word for jackass. Or commonly known as a beast of burden. Mmm. Let's see."

Ah, crosswords. A thing of joy really. The only puzzle that could take a hold of Terri's interests. With a pen in hand and Three Days Grace racing through her eardrums, she tapped along to the beat, writing down answers to each beat. Just then, the song ended, leaving an eerie silence in its place. Terri decided to look up from her paper to see if the line was moving faster than a sloth with a limp. Once again, incorrect on my hypothesis

Terri was so unhappily sitting in the most bland waiting room in existance. If they are going to force twenty people into one room, you might as well make it pleasant to the eyes. To make matters worse, she was surrounded by giggling, chattering, little chickens. Of course, they were really women, but they were all chickens to Terri. The way they squawked, their gossip, ugh. It made her feel embarassed to be one of them, in more ways than one. These women, who were also waiting in the blandest waiting room, came for the same purpose; to audition to be apart of David Bourne's band.

Who could not pass up a chance like this? A chance to be near and work with the hottest thing since, well, hot! It seemed that all the women in the city were here today. Of course, only a few were in this room. Only singers were sent here. Which obviously meant Terri was also trying out to sing. Playing instruments took too much precious time. Yet, this was a waste of her time as well. At least for now.

"Squeeeee! I cannot believe he is like right outside this door!"

"Ya! It will take my entire will to prevent myself from going straight for him!"

"Its obvious he'll choose me. I have the voice of an angel, don't cha know?"

Must. Prevent. Myself. From. Eliminating. Imbeciles. Oh what Terri wouldn't give to be given a flamethrower and end it all right then. But the plan still was in motion. Plan Crush David Bourne's Career and Life! A cooler name was to be made later. As for now, getting past David's ego was a challenge in itself. He would. no doubt, if her hypothesis was correct, choose the most beautiful singer. Talent will mean nothing if she was correct on their voices. She was not entirely bad herself. She caught a few eyes more than once. But compared to the woman present in the room..Well, let's just say it is like comparing baseballs to basketballs. At least talent was on her side. Despite no one knowing, Terri had a wonderful voice. She trained it for weeks just for this day.

As another song began to play on her iPod, the door to the stage opened. A very weak and wimpy man asked for one woman to come. Everyone in the room raced to become the first to see Bourne, all except for Terri. All good things come to those who wait. Let David see the others. Let him know she would be his only hope. Let him fall directly into her hands.

"Six letter word..ah! I know. Six letter word for jackass...Bourne"

With that, Terri fit the last piece to the crossword. Amazingly, the word fit. Looks like luck wants David to go down as well. Terri-fic.

Last edited:

wonko the sane

a barren, desolate wasteland of silence and loneli
Wonko looked down at the piece of paper with the address his friend had given him earlier, then up at the building in front of him. Was this the right place? He had been told that here would be where his career would skyrocket instantly if he played his cards right, but this place looked like just about every other club he'd been to.

He crumpled up the scrap of paper and began to turn to leave when he heard a group of giggling girls talking excitedly near the doorway. 'Obviously groupies, so...' he reasoned, '...there must be someone at least semi-famous here.' Perhaps this place did hold the key to success. He shifted the weight of his instrument case and headed into the club.

He needed a plan. He needed to find out who the 'big celebrity' was, then decide the best way to impress them. Then he needed to make sure that he made an impression on them and anyone else that really mattered in here. But before any of that, he needed a drink. He sat at the bar, ordered a Guinness and just sat listening to the babble around him.

The name David Bourne was said many times while he listened, so he figured that was probably the guest of honor. Wonko smiled to himself. 'Tactics are out the window on this one.' To the bartender he said, "Looks like I just found an excuse to treat myself to a few more rounds." And motioned for him to get him another pint.

"Wonderful feeling, isn't it." the bartender replied, setting the glass in front of him

"Indeed it is..." Wonko said more to himself than anyone else. And drained a large gulp from his glass.

Last edited:

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
Adrian gave a sigh as he ran his hand over the black designer beanie that he was wearing. Sitting in a chair set next to David's, the manager/agent was bored out of his mind, for once he would actually rather have been back in the office yelling at one of his incompetent subordinates. It wasn't the blankness of the employees. Not the fact that David, one of his highest priority clients, was already two fifths deep into the bottle of Captain Morgan's which will probably be gone by the time auditions are over. It sure as hell wasn't the venue, which he picked out himself with it's large, beautiful fishtanks, finished wood floors and flashing lights that danced with the music. It was the fact that he was going to have to sit through hours upon hours of mediocre auditions, victims of stage fright, bubbly talentless fangirls and lets not forget to pepper in the professional time wasters who audition knowing they won't get anywhere. The sad part was that this was just for the singing portion of auditions.

He looked to his left wrist, wrapped around it was a gold Rolex. Not very mush time has passed since he last spaced out. The only reason he was taken from his daydream was because of the intern who had asked about the lights. David had given a somewhat bleak response without looking. On the other hand, Adrian looked up to find that the red level was a tad too high. David, however, was right. It was as good as it will be. If Adrian had said anything it most likely would have resulted in another thirty minutes of adjustments, which would be even more time wasted. Oh how he wanted this to be over. His feeling of boredom being expressed though body language as he slumped down into his chair and pulled his beanie over his eyes.

This did not last long though. A large group of women flooded the stage giggling, screaming, crying. One fainted, another nearly broke into an epileptic episode and David hadn't even acknowledged their presence yet. He knew that once the superstar had flashed those pearly whites of his; pandemonium would break out. Adrian signaled a pair of bodyguards to stand in front of David in order to prevent him from being mauled by overzealous fans. He then stood up, grabbed a microphone and signaled the women to calm down.

His low voice erupted from the speakers, "Ladies, ladies, ladies." He said with a smile, with any hope, his looks and charm would be all that was necessary to weed out the fans from the "talent". Once again, he brought the mic near his face, "If you aren't here to audition, I'm afraid that I'll have to ask you to exit stage right." His left arm rose to point to their right. They, however, remained unmoved. Adrian looked back to David, who was in his own little world.

"Man, you are going to kill me for this."

He gave a sigh and brought the mic up again, "If you leave now, you'll receive free tickets to David's next concert and entry into a contest where you can win a date with none other than David Bourne himself!" At least it would be good PR. He covered his ears as the group of young women screamed and then proceeded to exit, surprisingly calm at that. There were a group of about thirty or so women left, with any hope, this will not be as boring as he had originally perceived. There were actually a few ladies auditioning that were pretty attractive, whether they actually possessed any talent remained to be seen. Adrian returned to his chair.

"This is going to be a long day. Man I wish I actually drank."

Joy

Bronze Member
"Should I slap, or shouldn't I? It's either California, or Higher Ground. It all depends on if I should slap.... ****in a. If this was any other person, it wouldn't really matter.

"But of course, it has to be Jason Bourne*. Of all the people I had to pick to audition for, it had to be him. I'm such an idiot.

"Well, not really. If I get denied, it's not like it matters. It's only Bourne, and everyone knows he's a prick. I shouldn't worry. But that still leaves the question.

"To slap, or not to slap? What a difficult choice. Which is funner? Or maybe.... maybe I should go with Money. Or I should transition from California, to money, to Higher. Yeah, that could work. Unless he decides to stop me part way, which very well could happen.

"Alright, so that's what I'm going to do. I'll just transition into it when it feels right, and everything should go fine. I can even improv at one point if I felt like it.

"Hmmm... so everything should go well overall if I should just do what it is I want. But how long will I have to wait. There's barely any people around me, and most aren't paying attention. But....

"If any of you are paying attention to me, I'm not insane. And I've ****ed your mothers countless amount of time...

"Alright, good, they're not listening.

"I should calm down. But this room isn't really helping. Hell, everything seems like it's a hospital's ****ing waiting room. Maybe, just maybe, he held his auditions in a hospital just in case someone got hurt... most likely himself, but that's beside the point. Well, that would explain why it feels as if I'm friggin dying. It's not like I'm going to have a heart attack anytime soon, hopefully.

"Heh, God, don't try and prove me wrong."

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Zuli lounged in her chair, legs tucked underneath her skirt and elbow leaning against the armrest for comfort. A strawberry lollipop was in her mouth, headphones in her ears, her black-and-green Zen in her hand.

I hate long waits, she sighed to herself. Well, that was exactly what MP3 players were for, weren't they? She smiled and switched on Push It. Now that was a song she could jam to, and she would have, if she weren't stuck in this waiting room. Either way, she drummed her fingers to the beat, happy to lose herself in the music until it was her time to sing.

This is the noise that keeps me awake, my head explodes and my body aches....

I wonder how many people here are actually serious? Lazuli thought, watching a girl near her carefully apply a fresh streak of eye-liner to her already dark-rimmed eyes. She stuck her lollipop to the side of her cheek, disgusted at such females who could get so easily absorbed in their appearances. I wonder if you can die of make-up poisoning?

Oh-oh, push it, make the beats go harder....

Lazuli made herself look away from the gaggle of girls and took hold of her lollipop, momentarily taking it out of her mouth as she looked through her playlists. Tootsie Roll Pops are one of the greatest inventions, ever.

"Um, excuse me?"

Lazuli dimly heard a nasaly voice cut through her beloved music: she paused the song and slowly looked up to find a thin girl standing over her, with skin that had just come out of five hours in the tanning bed and brown hair that had just been given too many blonde highlights. A pair of her friends stood just a ways behind her.

Ew.

Zuli raised her eyebrows and took out her lollipop to show she was listening.

"Uh, what are you wearing?"

If the petite girl had spent an entire day praying, she could not have asked the gods above for a more amusing distraction from waiting. She had been called a confrontation whore more than once.

"Clothes," she responded with a bright smile and a slightly puzzled tone. "What aren't you wearing?" she added, with an obvious show of looking with contempt at at the mini jean skirt and three-sizes too small Abercrombie top the blonde had on.

Aww, my song's done. Now what should I listen to?

"Jesus, what a freak ... what's with her hair? Is she a lesbo or something?" one of her friends whispered.

"Oh, don't worry, homosexuality's not catching," Lazuli said sweetly. "But I heard stupidity is though, so please try not to breathe on me. Oh, and by the way, the tiolet paper is falling out of your bra. You might want to fix that before you go in, you won't get Bourne to sleep with you that way."

With that, Zuli casually turned back to her Zen. She knew exactly what song to listen to now. Hmm, another Garbage classic. I must be feeling grungy today.

You pretend you're high, you pretend you're bored, you pretend anything just to be adored....

You stupid girl.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Bourne, now successfully four fifths through his bottle of alcohol, was in no particular shape to judge the talent of others. This had never stopped him in the past and it would certainly not do so now. Any of the participants wouldn't be able to tell he was drunk anyway. The lighting on the stage would obscure their vision of the crowd, including David himself. He had leaned back in the large sofa, reclining casually as if he owned the place, and somewhere in his drunken mind, he most likely thought he did. He had long since dropped the folders of applicants, having given up on any attempts to learn any of their names, and had taken it upon himself to become more acquainted with those around him. More of his own personal friends had begun to arrive, though only two or three were ones who actually qualified as "friends." All others enjoyed David because he was somewhat famous, which made them famous by association, because he was a musician, or because he was simply a good lay.

David, trying as carefully as a drunken man can to hde his slight slur, looked blearily over to his manager. He felt a small flash of anger within him. He had never enjoyed managers. It passed, followed by a wave of mildly drunken pleasure. Having forgotten his question, he simply turned to look at the presently empty stage. His focus did not rest there for long, either, for it was soon diverted to the sudden appearance of a buxom blonde to his right. He was certain he knew her name. Melanie, Melissa, Michelle...Miranda? No, Minerva? No. Oh, to hell with it. Her name wasn't important. Where her hand was going and what it was doing were, however. It was subtle, and only those who were looking intently with the distinct and sole purpose of discovering this woman's objectives could percieve it. David fond it enjoyable nonetheless.

Ah, his question! David's head instantly whipped around to face his manager, the same flash of anger rising then subsiding, and finally uttered his very simple question.

"So, who's up first?"

His question was answered when a particularly giggly girl made her way onto stage. She offered a quick, polite, amazingly shy "hello" before proceeding to take a deep breath, open her mouth, and release the single most horrible sound to which it had ever been David Bourne's great displeasure to fall victim. Even Miranda/Melania/Melissa/Michelle/Minerva/Who-Gives-a-Damn was taken aback, for her hand suddenly squeezed very tight. Unwelcome, yes, but exciting.

"Ah, the singers."

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Even with the luscious voices of the godlike band bouncing between her eardrums, Terri could easily hear her rivals well. If you put a bunch of monkeys in a room with broken violins, they would sound godlike compared to these women. Losing temper, time and time again this happened, she thrust herself out of the chair, pushing past the room of beauties ( if you can call them that ), nearly knocked one of them off the stage, and placed herself firmly in the spotlight. I think torturing time is up. Now, the fun truly begins

On that particular day, Terri wore nothing but her tightest clothing. Her curves, among other things, stuck out brilliantly in the light. As Terri would say, to catch the fox, you have to bait it first. Knowing David as she had known all men in her life, a little body language goes a long way. But looks were only the beginning. Now that she had David's interests, it was finally time to lock him in place.

"Terriana Wultan. Female. Early twenties. Yada yada. If you don't mind, I'll stick the introductions. One more thing."

Terri turned to her iPod which she had taken out seconds before. She gazed into the screen, looking for a particular song. Then, giving a small relieved sigh, she turned her attention back to her "audience".

"Hope you don't mind. I can't sing without my music. Ahem!"

The looks at those who were attending were the same looks they had given everyone else. Oh, how she would love to see them when she bgan to sing. But her eyes only had one person; David Bourne.

"Never Again" by Kelly Clarkson ( so sue me if putfile has failed me )

Breathless and red in the face, Terrianna took one bow before exiting the stage. She never liked the suspense of the whole thing. Besides, she knew the answer before anyone even thought of it. All of her plans thus far have worked. It was like any other scheme that her devilish mind concocted. I have my back up plan if I failed this one. No matter the decision. David will fall. It is just his choice to fall hard or softly..

ooc- meh post. Can't really do much but say I sang and be done with it

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Painful

“Next!”

Torturous

“Next!”

Excruciating

“Oh come on, people! Next!”

Well, she’s kind of hot.

David leaned over to his manager, his attention split between the singers, his “boss”, and the blonde woman who had sat next to him. He had unaffectionately dubbed her “Phyllis.” Phyllis wasn’t a particularly lovely name, but whenever David drank, he found very simple things incredibly amusing. David nodded to whoever it was that had just sang.

“Take her name down.”

He called out for the next performance and a woman with apparently very many things to do in a very short amount of time powerfully strode onto the stage. She pushed others out of the way, doing so with such force that, in one case, a heavily made-up lass nearly fell off of her skyscraper heels onto the floor below. David laughed, and then turned his bleary gaze good-humoredly to the woman who had fought her way into the spotlight. She was attractive, yes, but so were many other women who had strutted their stuff on the stage. If only she had talent, as well.

The woman impatiently introduced herself as Terriana, and David was silently proud of himself for being able to remember such a name while he was his present state. The little things. This Terriana gal evidently had quite a few prior engagements to attend afterwards, for she immediately began to sing.

Hallelujah. Here was someone with talent. Granted, she was a tad rough around the edges, both in her technique and in her personality, but she was just what David needed. Her looks and gender would widen his fanbase, and her talent wouldn’t allow for any nasty rumors that she had been chosen solely on appearance from circulating. He would take her into consideration, along with anyone else he might deem worthy for a chance to join him in his glory. Once more, David leaned to his manager, uttered instructions similar to his last order, and turned his attention back to the singer.

She was evidently tired, her face red and she was panting. Her staying power was a little weak. She’d need to work on that if she were to play concerts and sing even backing vocals for song after song. However, as far as most of the audience and auditioners could tell, she received the same reaction as everyone else.

“Next!”

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
Adrian sighed, his head propped up by his hands, the look on his face had clearly expressed his lack of satisfaction with the singers thus far. While having a female lead singer would expand David's fan base, there is no purpose if she can't sing. The sheet of paper which he was taking names down with was currently blank, very sad given how many had already auditioned. It was times like this that Adrian wished that he drank or did some kind of drug, then again these contestants thus far had been so abominable that any buzz he could gather would probably have died about eleven auditions ago.

Adrian's eyes moved slightly to his left to meet David as he asked to write down the last girl's name. She wasn't as bad as the rest, but Adrian was pretty sure that her vocal talents weren't the reason that her name had been listed. He quickly wrote her name down. His attention was then taken by the next girl to make her way onto the stage, hastily at that. This brought a bit of a smirk to Adrian's face, hopefully the girl that had fallen off stage wasn't hurt. Back to the girl who had now introduced herself as Terriana.

Adrian's eyes widened in surprise; she was actually good. When she finished she appeared out of breath and her face had turned red, she will need to work on that. A performance artist needs to be in better shape if they are to sing on stage for hours. She then gave a curt bow and walked off of stage as if she had already won, she probably has.

"Next!"

He turned to David who had pretended to give the same reaction that every other singer had received, she was already gone though. Luckily, there were only three singers left all of whom were wearing the look of defeat. Most likely, no, hopefully they were about to give a half-assed audition then leave.

"Great, only three more auditions left."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back