• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Faded Star of Erihu

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obliviongirl13

Guerriero Crepuscolare
Website
www.Anerael.deviantart.com
ooc: Alright well Ma evil people...Have yet to post. And so has JakeH. Because I don't know where he is, but I'm going to start.

It was early morning, and the light was just coming over the horizon. Serihilde stretched her arms and she rubbed her eyes before looking out the window of her parents house. Today was the day she was supposed to leave to go on her little "journey" though she didn't understand why. She rolled out of bed and walked over to her wash bin. As she stared down at it, and she skimmed her hand over the surface of the water. It began to move and she lifted some of the water up with her mind and splashed it all over her face.

As she finished getting dressed, she put on her new outfit and went downstairs. Her mother was making breakfast and her father was out getting more water from the well. Though she could probably help her dad, he refused most of the time, so that she can stay off of the Dark lord's radar.

Her mother noticed her entrance and she looked up from her stove.

"Goodmorning dear! Khezef should be here soon."

"...Alright."

She sad down at the table and her mother poured her a cup of tea that was made just a few minutes before Serihilde got up. Her father was taking longer than normal but she just stared out the window and started to daydream.

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
Re: The Faded Star Erihu

Ahlam placed the last remaining herbs she'd plucked the night before into the small brown pouch she had latched onto the belt worn at all times around her waist, this was the final item she'd needed to pack before setting out for the trip Sayenth had promised her; she hadn't been sure of the duration of this trip, whether it was just another training mission or an actual journey so she'd just packed as much as she could carry in fresh herbs, food, money and poisons; she'd packed two sets of clothes, one for dressing as a girl, the other a change of clothes similar to the male attire she wore now.

Once done with her packing she stepped outside the large wagon that was her home and inhaled the cool dawn air, few members of the tribe were awake now and the only sounds that could be heard came from the surrounding livestock and occasional men sparring; each separated into groups of two or three. Ahlam leaned against the wheel of the wagon and awaited patiently for her guardian, her items laid neatly on the floor besides her, she stared up at the lightening sky and began to daydream of the upcoming journey.

Last edited:

Obliviongirl13

Guerriero Crepuscolare
Website

Her father stepped through the door and placed a bucket of water on the counter for her mum and he looked over at Serihilde.

"...Hey, Don't look so sad."

Serihilde looked up at her dad after she snapped out of her trance.

"...Mm? I'm not, just thinking."

"Ok, well your guardian should be here soon." Her dad gave a small half smile as he went over to her bag.

Her mother put her breakfast on the table and her father helped her finish packing. As they all finished breakfast, she took her bag outside and laid it under a tree where she used to sit and read or write, but now she was going to wait for her guardian.

Acolyteofmisery

Khezef awoke to the sun starting to rise over the hills. Having slept next to a river that night the air was a bit chill. Removing his jacket that he used as a blanket he slowly got up and walked to the river to clean his face, after doing this he checked the angle of the sun, grumbling to himself for being late he quickly packed his bags and broke camp, he'd have to make up for lost time if he was going to make it to serihilde's before noon. As he began to walk he fell into his customary habit of thinking and daydreaming.

After walking for an hour or so, he sighted his destination, Serhilde's house. Sitting not to far from the house was Serhilde, her bag on the ground near her. Walking up to her he nodded his head in a courteous manner.

"Good morning, i see you're packed."

Last edited:

Obliviongirl13

Guerriero Crepuscolare
Website
ooc: Fixing a problem because I didnt understand and I came back, and was all newbiesh. T_T If I can still use ooc...T_T

ooc2: I have to leave for a few hours. Don't get too far.

As she stood there, she heard someone's voice. She looked up and she saw Khezef, who was looking as handsome as ever. As the sun hit is silver hair, she shielded her eyes and gave a small smile. Serihilde looked back at her house as her parents stepped out.

She walked over and gave each of them a hug. Her father held out a small box, and gave it to Serihilde.

"Your mother and I had this specially made. And the elder blessed it with her own small powers."

She opened the box and saw a small round piece of metal that shimmered as she moved it. It was as black as night, but it shined when she moved it.

"It's lovely thank you.."

She gave her parents one more hug and she turned back to Khezef.

"Ready..?"

Last edited:

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Depends upon the day and if there is free pizza.
"Again."

A book was thrown high into the air. An orb of yellow light connected with it, and the book was no more. It had shattered like glass into a thousand useless pieces.

"Again."

Another book flew into the air. The process was repeated, and the book exploded once more. The remaining dust settled to the ground around the speaker and became part of a large pile of broken and destroyed books. Their fractured pages were blank, a pure immaculate white aside from the burn marks. The armor-clad feet of their destroyer, however, was far from immaculate. They were a tainted black, stained with dark crimson spots that were most certainly the blood belonging to others. The rest of his clothing was free of blood stains, yet no less corrupted. He wore fabric of silver, some of it faded grey through years of use. He refused to change. A king need not change his appearance to fit his subjects. His subjects were to change to accept their king.

"Useless things. How can I be expected to have any purpose for them after I have sucked them dry? Preposterous."

The sound of running footsteps preceeded the door to the King's Library burstin open, a breathless soldier leaning against it.

"Milord, we may have found one!"

The King arched an eyebrow.

"May have? Am I to assume that this person is invisible?"

"Milord, I am sorry. I do not understand."

"Where is he?"

"He's in one of the holding rooms a short distance from here."

A tense, taut silence followed. The King's personal bodyguards and henchmen were well aware of their master's impatience, and the bloody messes that often followed. Yet, appeared as if their liege was feeling either merciful or lethargic today. Likely lethargic. The King was not known to have possessed mercy at any time in his life.

"Then go and get him."

The soldier nodded hastily and proceeded to run as fast as his clunky armored legs could take him. A few moments and three vaporized books later, he arrived, forcefully dragging some limp frame along behind him. With a grunt, he threw the captive into the library. He skidding somewhat across the floor, coming to a stop at the King's feet.

The King's eyes never left the soldier, who was growing increasingly more terrified with every second he suffered his Lord's stare.

"Well?"

"I-I'm sorry, milord?"

"What does he do?"

"Well, I...I don't know, milord."

The soldier suffered the same fate as the books. Unconcerned with the large splatter of blood that now ringed the doorway (the maids would get it), the King looked down curiously at the captive man. He was a pitiful creature, but then again, everyone who wasn't the King may as well have been a crippled worm, useless and worthy of immediate death.

The King's voice was light and conversational.

"So, what is it you do, my good fellow?"

"I do not understand."

"I do not understand, what?"

"I do not understand, my king."

"Better. You do not hold any special abilities, talents, powers?"

The men paused. Slowly and tiredly, he raised his hand. With the utmost focus, he separated his middle and ring fingers, forming a V shape with his hand.

He promptly lost his fingers. They had gone the same wasy as the soldier and the books, the man's face splattered with his own blood. A scream rang out through the halls of the castle. The King found it soothing. He motioned to one of his bodyguards, one of the more dimwitted of the crew, and the man was instantly thrown into a chair, the King settling into one directly across from him.

"You realize, of course, that I could cause every tiny bit of you to be rendered a bloody pulp simply by flicking a finger, correct?"

"Yes, milord."

"Then you must also realize that, with proper time and a certain spell or two, I could regrow you and cause you to suffer it again, yes?"

"Yes, milord."

"And again."

"Yes, milord."

"And again."

"...yes, milord."

"Well, you're a very well informed man, then aren't you?"

"Yes, milord."

The man's head exploded.

"I hate well-informed men. Claudius, Montague, take this man to the Black Cellar. Have him prepared for the regrowth ritual. Do try not to spill blood on anything. It is newly refurbished."

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
"Again"

Up went a book, still covered in ancient dust.

"Again"

Up went another book. This one happened to interest Vela. Unfortunately, the book was dust in mere seconds before her eyes. Having launched the book directly above her, the dusty remains slowly fell upon her raven mane. Grumbling, she quickly swiped it off.

Vela did not know if it was his mood or the dust, but her Lord was rather moody today. Mere hours ago, he was strutting about like he had found the children already. Now he was spoiled. Well, more spoiled than usual.

"My Lord, their purpose is to be looked upon when the reader forgets anything. I understand that you would not be forgetful, but I may one day need to read their contents. If you allowed it, my Lord."

A weakling scampered into the room. After her Lord gave the soldier a bit of rough housing, he left. Vela gave a slight yawn, not bothering to cover it up. Her position gave her more room to act casual without the fear of being blown apart in her mind. The soldier returned with a scruffy looking man.

"5. 4. 3. 2. 1."

Exact to her timing, her Lord vanquished another human that annoyed him to no end. The so called captive almost had the same fate. Vela did not think his talent was that bad. She tried to do it herself, but failed. She spent the next few minutes trying her hardest to copy the man's sign. When she finally gave up on the hopeless cause, the captive was already gone. She gave a slight groan in disappointment.

"I apologize for this upset, my Lord. I shall personally inspect the captives before they reach your presences. This will not happen again. I can assure you."

Vela slammed her fist into her chest and bent over in a bow toward her Lord. As her raven hair covered her face, two jewels gleamed with hatred underneath.

Obliviongirl13

Guerriero Crepuscolare
Website
The sun was now high in the sky as the two had set off hours before. Serihilde looked at her new necklace, time and again but she seemed more interested in finding shade than anything else. Her hair was winning the battle against the ribbon she had tied it up with earlier, and it was now falling out. She stopped, and she untied her hair. The black mass of hair fell down across her shoulders and curved gently across her face.

She knew Khezef wasn't far behind her, but she was also trying to concentrate to what was going on around her. As they both continued to walk, there was a stifling silence that was keeping them from talking. Serihilde was getting more and more tired the farther she walked.

The girl stopped and she looked around. Using her ears she heard a stream not to far off from the road. Turning back, she pointed to her right and gave a quick smile. She moved into the woods and quickly saw the stream.

She stopped at the edge of it and she closed her eyes. Her arms started to move almost fluidly, and she moved some of the streams water up from its current and she shifted it into a soft mist. Her eyes still closed and heavily focused on it, she gently splashed it over her face. In that split second, she heard a voice in her ear.

"STOP! He can Sense You!"

The voice in her ear was the elder of her village and Serihilde broke her concentration. She fell to the ground as a shock wave of the energy was dispersed into the air. She had to take a few deep breaths to stop her heart from beating so fast.

"...Sense me? Who can sense me?"

Acolyteofmisery

Khezef had decided early on in this journey to let Serihilde do mostly what she wanted, as long as it didn't cause trouble to them, and also thinking it would be far easier to handle a teenage girl that didn't feel completely confined and smothered.

As he walked, Khezef became more and more aware that something wasn't right, Stringing his bow and keeping an arrow close at hand he began to pick up his pace, Knowing that Serihilde was a teenage girl he became worried, roads like this sometimes had bandits laying in wait for a lone traveler to come along. adding this to his anxiety he began to break into a slight jog.

"How could i have been so foolish to let her go off alone" he berated to himself.

After a couple of minutes of light jogging he sensed a sudden shockwave, not being accustomed to this, it made him immediatly stop, thinking quickly what it could be he decided to investigate, if something out of the ordinary was happening then the likelyhood that Serihilde was involved went up drastically, pulling the string taunt he quickly and quietly left the road, heading in the direction that the shockwave had originated from, as he got nearer he started to hear water, knowing this was probably a good sign that Serihilde was nearby.

He started to quickly scan the surrounding woods, as he drew nearer he saw an older lady, somewhat familiar he began to think back to where he could've seen this lady from, noticing Serihilde on the ground Immediatly washed those thoughts from his mind, She was in trouble, that is all the Khezef could register, not wanting to hurt an elderly lady he decided to try to draw her attention from Serihilde, loosing the shaft a couple of feet behind the elderly lady, hopefully she wasn't deaf and would hear the arrow, wishing he had thought of that before loosing the shaft he waited patiently to see what happened.

Last edited:

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
Peic bent down to tie his shoes. He loved his shoes very much. It was unapparent to him why he loved his shoes, but he did. They were his prized possesion. He stood up and continued walking down the long road he was on. His home was now far behind him, a year's journey away. The only thing fueling his footsteps was the hope of something bigger to happen to him. Something exciting, important. Unfortunatley, Peic hadn't eaten in a few days, and was starting to grow weary. He was in need of food and water....and shelter...and love...but he was not going to let his needs get in the way of his travels.

He continued down the path, sheilding his eyes from the blistering heat of the sun. Ahead of him he spied a small caravan.

Mayhap they will lend me some food...and shelter....and love...

He laughed at his thoughts, but still ran to catch up with the caravan. There were only about 20 people in this caravan, rather small compared to the other ones Peic had encounted. He looked around for the lead traveler. There was always a lead traveler, one who tells everyone else what to do. He spotted a sturdy looking man in the front. The man had a great pride to his strut.

That must be the leader, thought Peic.

He pushed his way through the people and tapped the large man on the shoulder.

"Excuse me," Peic mumbled, "Do you happen to have any food or water?" or shelter...or love...

The man stopped and spun around and looked at Peic. Everyone in the caravan seemed to do the same, all of them staring at Peic with beaty little eyes, not moving a muscle. The man looked Peic over and then grumbled, "No." and continued moving, causing everyone to follow him again.

Peic sighed and stood in his place, while everyone moved past him. Peic heard two people talking amognst themselves as they passed him.

"We're going to be rich!" They conversed, "The king is going to pay us a fortune for this whore. What power she holds!"

Peic listened in shock.

Who are they taking to the king? Someone bad enough to be deemed whore? He thought.

Peic made a snap decision as the caravan wandered out of sight. He ran to catch up with them, and did his best to blend in. He had to see what this caravan was all about.

Last edited:

kingdomwolfblade

if only I could hold your hand
As anyone might do, Aleta was struggling against the ropes that held her wrists together behind her. With her vivid green eyes she sent glares towards the person that held onto her wrists as they talked merrily about selling her to the King for a great profit. Great. Just great. The last time Aleta tried to loosen the ropes there was a sharp tug on her arms in an upward motion from her captor and she let out a shriek of surprise and pain. She cut herself off and resorted to wincing at the pain that ran through her arms and shoulders.

It wasn’t long before she was thrown into a caravan and had a second rope tied around her wrists and connected her to one of the ribs of the covered wagon, a third tied her ankles together. Hissing in anger and annoyance once they left her alone she tried to keep herself in one place as the wagon started to move. They had the decency to let her sit in the wagon but left her in a position that she couldn’t keep her balance and caused more pain through her arms as she slid away from the piece of wood she was tied to.

Maybe, she should have started carrying daggers on her like her father had suggested but being more of a person that preferred peace she opted not to. Shame on her. As a strand of hair fell down from under her scarf acting as a headband she blew air from her mouth upwards to keep it out of her eyes. By now, Aleta had tried to think of any other way to get out of this situation without some sort of blade but the ropes were to tight to slip her hands out without have to break her bones or dislocating everything first. Neither of which she was going to do.

Once again growling in annoyance Aleta titled her head back to rest it on the piece of wood her arms were tied to and sighed. She would have to wait until someone came in here who had a blade and test her luck knocking them out with her feet and somehow getting the blade with her feet and her luck probably wouldn’t run that far and they would end up killing her out of anger.

Obliviongirl13

Guerriero Crepuscolare
Website
ooc: Alright, all my girls, who are Dawn and twilight. You have to have your energy resonate, and become noticeable, even for just a second. This tips us off and makes, BN go Crazy! X3 (Just kidding, Much loves BN) If you have any Q. let me know.

Serihilde took a deep breath and then looked up. There was a faint glimmer of the being that stood in front of her and she recognized the woman right away.

"Elder Seldi..."

"There is not much time. He will sense my ability and send someone to get me. I need to tell you that you are to meet two others. Dawn and Twilight. Don't use your powers so much, Every little pulse of your power can be felt. I must go.. Some one is coming."

Before she could ask another question, the elderly lady was gone. Serihilde was confused and her eyes were swimming with ideas. She started to look around and then it hit her. What was she doing? She was going on this trip for what? And why did she need someone to protect her? Serihilde had training on how to keep herself alive and she had enough common sense to travel, but why all these precautions?

And in that moment she felt a pulse in her chest. A thump that wasn't her heart. She placed her hand on her chest and her body started to resonate a dark glow. The girl closed her eyes and let the energy run through her.

The glow faded and she stood up, her energy was resonating, and she did not know why.

"So much for keeping a low profile.."

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
Peic wandered through the crowds of people in the caravan. There was a large wagon at the front. Peic figured that was where they were holding the 'whore'.

No one deserves to be called a whore... Peic thought.

He decided then and there that he would set out to rescue this girl. He had no clue why he wanted to, but something was telling him to. Peic worked his way to the wagon, and peered inside, his sword drawn.

"Hello...?" He said.

Inside the wagon, a girl lied on her side. She looked not much younger then Peic himself, and bruises covered her hands and feet, which were tied with thick rope.

"Hey, are you ok?" Peic asked.

T

Tyler Durden

She was packing. By the gods, she was packing already. It seemed to Sayenth that she wasn't ready to see the world, but he didn't have a choice in it. He was her guardian; if she commanded, he had to obey, whether he liked it or not. As he walked away, he couldn't help but feel a little pang of his conscience. He shouldn't judge her like that, but he couldn't help it; the girl was like his little sister.

Walking into his own little wagon-home, he gathered up his belongings as well. His ring rest on its place upon his finger, and the saber was already on his belt. Gathering a few supplies for the road, he went to go and walk for a bit. Wandering through the grass, he came to a stop by his charge's wagon. She had finished packing, and was waiting for someone. Probably him; walking forward, he asked if she was ready to go.

OOC: Screw you people and not leaving me anything to respond to. =(

Last edited:

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
OOC- Dawning Kensei, my character is waiting for you outside the wagon, packed and ready to leave. T_T

Last edited:

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
A deep familiar voice startled her from her daydream, it was Sayenth, Ahlam nodded in reply to the question asked by him and began gathering her belongings. She turned around once more to glance back at the moving wagon that was her home; her parents were asleep and so all the goodbyes had been said the nights.

Ahlam turned to leave and stumbled, she fought to regain her balance as something from deep within her chest pulsated. The pulse wasn't from her heart and it caused a flood of warmth to rush through her said warmth also caused a soft golden glow to illuminate her entire body. The warmth felt like the familiar energy she normally felt from using her powers but she'd never felt this much from a single session, the energy seemed to be resonating causing her to feel dizzy. Ahlam fell to her knees.

"Sayenth?" She looked up towards her guardian for support; she was confused and didn't understand why this was happening or how she was supposed to deal with it.

Acolyteofmisery

After a few moments of the elderly lady standing there she quickly started moving away, figuring that Serihildes health was far more important than chasing down some elderly lady he figured he track down within a couple of hours.

Moving quickly over to Serihilde he quickly scanned her over to make sure there were no serious wounds, While doing this he couldn't help but admire her beauty, making sure she still had two arms and legs other than appearing slightly shaken she appeared to be in one piece, with a few scrapes from her fall. It never hurt to ask though, who better to know if they were ok than the person themselves.

"Are you ok?"

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Depends upon the day and if there is free pizza.
Selocus paid no heed to the words of his servants. They were subordinates, beneath him. Their words were drivel, their voices nothing but rustling leaves in the wind. He had become lost int he reaches of his own mind. He was staring through the walls of his home, through the trees outside, and off past the great space that lied beyond the world's end. The thump of a fist to a chest shook him from his thoughts. he was excited for a moment. He had thought that there would be a fight between his servants.

he turned to face a bowing girl, his attendant Vela. Disappointed, he grunted, the illegible sound serving as his only response. It was all that was necessary, really. Such people were beyond the eloquent talents of His Majesty anyway. One must proceed to wonder why a man of such great importance would surround himself with such people. He couldn't possibly enjoy the company. For heavens sake, all they did was agree with him and beg for the mercy they had the follhardiness to believe existed. It was really quite silly.

A pulse.

Selocus whipped his head around, greeted with nothing but a very old and dusty wall. The wall was not his focus. Rather, he had felt the resonance of something that sounded beyond the confines of his obscenely extravagant home. Selocus held up a finger to Vela, ordering for silence as he listened. There was no mistaking it. This was a power, or the activation of one. Some idiot had been stupid enough to release their power unchecked, if only for a moment.

he turned to face Vela and, for a quick moment, was unable to recall her name. Vera? Victoria? Verisimilitude? No, wrong type of word.

"Vela. Go to this place. Find them, and bring them back to me. i require them alive. Or in a state alive enough to succesfully go through the regrowth ritual. "

he laid his hands upon her head and drew upon his vast reservoir of occult knowledge. He sought to transplant a thought from his own mind into hers. He centered his inner eye upon the location the resonance had come frown, and thought only of it. A glow emenated from his hands, and the thought migrated into Vela's brain, granting her the knowledge of its location.

"You will be watched."

ooc: Shitty. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back