• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~~~THE OFFICIAL Legend of Zelda Fanclub~~~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
wow... really cool! love the set... Zelda kinda has that tomboyish thing going on

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
wow... really cool! love the set... Zelda kinda has that tomboyish thing going on

I wouldn't say tomboyish. She's certainly more bubbly and happy than usual~

tumblr_lmgnejLBrM1qgb1o5o1_500.png

And of course there's the new villain, Lord Ghirahim, who is absolutely FABULOUS~

Ghirahim-620x.jpg

Theart

Awards
[video=youtube;qM5b3U9h_SM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM5b3U9h_SM[/video]

O_O I love hearing Zelda music orchestrated. <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

NumberVIII

Woah! This is OLD. Thanks for bumping!<3

Dudeee, I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED for Skyward Sword! Although I must admit, I still wish they went for Twilight Princess-eque graphics. But that's just me. These still look really pretty. :)

Theart

Awards
Woah! This is OLD. Thanks for bumping!<3

Dudeee, I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED for Skyward Sword! Although I must admit, I still wish they went for Twilight Princess-eque graphics. But that's just me. These still look really pretty. :)

Actually, I prefer the new look personally. To me, Skyward Sword looks like what ALttP would've looked like if it were polygonally rendered. Very lively and expressive, while maintaining its details~

Shinra

Banned
Awards
so I'm thinking Skyward sword has you flying around on a Helmaroc in the skies of Hyrule I think, and then Zelda retains some of her Tetra-ish personality...

Theart

Awards
so I'm thinking Skyward sword has you flying around on a Helmaroc in the skies of Hyrule I think, and then Zelda retains some of her Tetra-ish personality...

Someone needs to do some research it would seem... >>;

We don't know what the birds are called yet, but they're probably ancestors to Helmarocs. Link and Zelda are from a place called "Skyloft", floating lands above the clouds, in order to live peacefully and far from the evils that run rampant in the world below. And as for Zelda, it's possible, but the big thing is that she's not a princess in this game (at least not yet): Skyward Sword is about the first incarnations of Link and Zelda, how the Master Sword came to be and how the Hylian Kingdom was established.

And before you think it: No. No, we're almost definitely not going to be seeing Ganondorf in this game. He wasn't born yet at this time.

shadowii

^
its possible this game could lead to his existance, dont rule it out (its nintendo)

anyway in relation to the 3DS OOT coming out i found this
its an original japanese promo of the original Nintendo 64 version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84AeBnmRqrQ
here's the description
This is a Japanese promo VHS for Ocarina of Time that came out prior to the release of the game back in 1998. It contains some CG rendered parts, but is mostly gameplay and a short speech by Shigeru Miyamoto. Video is narrated by Navi.

NOTE this a full 44 minute VHS
if you just want to see Shigure Miyamoto's speech its between 10:00 and 11:00 also the first few minutes are a look at the zelda games before ocarina of time

also to the club founder: you should add this picture to your list in my opinion it is the best fan picture of legend of zelda in existance (and no it is not my work)
http://furiousfanboys.com/2011/02/the-legend-of-zelda-25th-anniversary/

Last edited:

Shinra

Banned
Awards
The creation of the master sword eh? so that's how this begins... so I'm thinking timeline wise -Skyward sword- First zelda- Second zelda- OoT- Majora's mask- oh bugger I'm just gonna check if there's a mythological timeline for them all on Zelda Wiki of some sort

Theart

Awards
^
its possible this game could lead to his existance, dont rule it out (its nintendo)

Yeah, it's possible we'll see a cameo of him, or an ancestor of his, but don't expect Ganon/Ganondorf to be the main villain of Skyward Sword.

It's most likely going to be the Dark Interlopers mentioned in Twilight Princess.

[video=youtube;VRa14eIa750]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRa14eIa750[/video]
The creation of the master sword eh? so that's how this begins... so I'm thinking timeline wise -Skyward sword- First zelda- Second zelda- OoT- Majora's mask- oh bugger I'm just gonna check if there's a mythological timeline for them all on Zelda Wiki of some sort

Pretty much.

TWW -> PH -> ST
SS -> OoT<
MM -> TP

This much is guaranteed. OoT caused a split in the timelines: the timeline Adult Link left after beating Ganon that lead into Wind Waker, and the timeline Link returned to and went into Majora's Mask.

shadowii

^
who knows Ganon was just the pig monster before ocarina of time, who knows what else can be "unveilled" about him (they've already hinted that Ghirahim is not the final boss)

anyway
to the founder of this fanclub .....I also love Twilight Princess (Zant, Midan and King Bublin are now among my favorite characters) and have a lot of friends who think its the best (I personally love them all to much to choose a "best" )
However I should note that this also extends to spirit tracks

Last edited:

Theart

Awards
^
who knows Ganon was just the pig monster before ocarina of time, who knows what else can be "unveilled" about him (they've already hinted that Ghirahim is not the final boss)

Previous games to OoT with Ganon as a villain were all set after OoT in the Zelda timeline. And we know from A Link to the Past that Ganon started out as a human/Gerudo named Ganondorf. And only one Gerudo male is born every 100 years and that male is declared King of Gerudos. As Skyward Sword is set quite a long time prior OoT, it's pretty unlikely that Ganondorf will have a direct role in the game.

shadowii

Previous games to OoT with Ganon as a villain were all set after OoT in the Zelda timeline. And we know from A Link to the Past that Ganon started out as a human/Gerudo named Ganondorf. And only one Gerudo male is born every 100 years and that male is declared King of Gerudos. As Skyward Sword is set quite a long time prior OoT, it's pretty unlikely that Ganondorf will have a direct role in the game.

But it IS nintendo so it would be a mistake to rule it out and then get dispointed if it happens

Theart

Awards
But it IS nintendo so it would be a mistake to rule it out and then get dispointed if it happens

They've got a timeline to stick to. While it's a vague one, it's concrete enough to conclude we won't be seeing Ganon/Ganondorf in this game. Even if Ghirahim isn't the main villain, that doesn't mean it's going to be Ganon. Ghirahim stated that he's a part of a group. And a lot of folks are thinking this group is the Dark Interlopers mentioned in Twilight Princess, which makes sense. We may see something that hints to the coming of Ganon, but that's just about it.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I've looked on the zelda wiki and they say that time is an unstable element in this universe... the zelda universe that is...they say that the future os some games changes with others... now that I think on it I think it's a split timeline...skyward sword to OOT then the results split there... and mind you this spans over hundreds of years maybe even thousands... one timeline OOT's future events never happened and that leads to Link's adventures in Majora's mask and the Oracle games for GBA, then a link to the past for the first gameboy and link's awkening occur inbetween ss and oot, then the other timeline is one where the other main games occur, TP and TWW that much is clear now that I've really started thinking on it

shadowii

They've got a timeline to stick to. While it's a vague one, it's concrete enough to conclude we won't be seeing Ganon/Ganondorf in this game. Even if Ghirahim isn't the main villain, that doesn't mean it's going to be Ganon. Ghirahim stated that he's a part of a group. And a lot of folks are thinking this group is the Dark Interlopers mentioned in Twilight Princess, which makes sense. We may see something that hints to the coming of Ganon, but that's just about it.

Alright just, dont get disapointed if he DOES show up. (a lot of folks are NOT the design team)

Theart

Awards
I've looked on the zelda wiki and they say that time is an unstable element in this universe... the zelda universe that is...they say that the future os some games changes with others... now that I think on it I think it's a split timeline...skyward sword to OOT then the results split there... and mind you this spans over hundreds of years maybe even thousands... one timeline OOT's future events never happened and that leads to Link's adventures in Majora's mask and the Oracle games for GBA, then a link to the past for the first gameboy and link's awkening occur inbetween ss and oot, then the other timeline is one where the other main games occur, TP and TWW that much is clear now that I've really started thinking on it

Actually, TP occurs in the same timeline as Majora's Mask. Both TP and WW show the return of Ganondorf in the respective timelines and his death in both ones (though he is resurrected in later games in the MM/TP timeline).

Alright just, dont get disapointed if he DOES show up. (a lot of folks are NOT the design team)

So? The ones in charge of making the game DO know the timeline, and know what is and what isn't supposed to be in points in the timeline. For example, The Minish Cap is technically the farthest-set game in the timeline (aside from Skyward Sword that is), and we never once see Ganon. Instead we deal with Vaati.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
so it'd be better to say there is no timeline... just differing worlds with the same names

Theart

Awards
so it'd be better to say there is no timeline... just differing worlds with the same names

No. There IS a timeline; just one that's more confusing than anything from DMC.

At the end of Ocarina of Time, when Link defeats Ganon, he created two timelines: the timeline he left behind (the adult timeline where he defeated Ganon) which became the timeline that Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Track are all in, and the timeline he returned to (the kid timeline where Ganondorf was "executed"/sent into the Twilight Realm by the Ancient Sages) which became the timeline for Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess and A Link to the Past.

TWO timelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back