• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official 'Lets Play' Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsaiken

I swear, if this thread was already made... whatever. I'll just say the search function failed me, bringing me to the point that this is the one.

Anyway, I'm sure most of you YouTubers have seen a few 'Lets Play' videos. Whether it's RPG, Platformers, or whatnot. Lets Plays also comes in a form of screenshots+captions (but I like those less).

Now, whether it's original or ROMhack games, post Lets Plays and Lets Players that you would recommend others to watch.

I, for one, like Cevian's Fire Emblem LP. I also like anything by Proton Jon and Raocow. The latter two is because they are hilarious without even trying, and the first is a blend of information and unattempting hilarity.

My personal favorite LP video:
Proton Jon: YouTube - Let's Play Xanaboy1's Mario Romhack
Cevian: YouTube - Let's Play Fire Emblem #087 - Legacy of Elbert

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
nearly all these guys are from somethingawful. sa has a massive community dedicated to these.

anyway i have thought of doing one myself for this place but they are very screenshot heavy and khi cannot take many screenshots

Lets Play Archive

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Mind giving us a little introduction to what "Let's Play"-videos are all about, Tetsaiken?

I've seen a few and until now it seems nothing more than merely a walkthrough + commentary. Is there any special point to them?

Tetsaiken

Min giving us a little introduction to what "Let's Play"-videos are all about, Tetsaiken?

I've seen a few and until now it seems nothing more than merely a walkthrough + commentary. Is there any special point to them?

They are supposed to be informational and funny at the exact same time. Yes, they are basically playthrough + commentary. Their selling points are the way the LPers explains the game and give you their own two cents, in a rather witty way.

I've only one LP video made by me, but it is in terrible quality.

wu tang goku said:
anyway i have thought of doing one myself for this place but they are very screenshot heavy and khi cannot take many screenshots

No need to. If you have a microphone, and a decent screen recording program (there are some free ones IIRC), you can make videos, which are miles better than screenshots.

This, however, only applies to anything N64/GBA or older. If you're looking to record a Wii or GameCube game, you're going to need a GameBridge, which does cost money.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
they dont necessarily need to be funny. the primary purpose is in the tag "we play them so you dont have to" but what keeps people coming back is the humor and the interesting take some folks put on them (see animal crossing wild world by Chewbot)

also screenshot LPs leave out a lot of unnecessary extras and catch things frame by frame. i do not have the diskspace for videorecording either

Tetsaiken

Are you sure you can't just use BSR Recorder, or CamStudio or something like that? And then like, record your game+commentary, arrange it in Windows Media Player, and post it on YouTube? (with the videos deleted after uploading?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back