• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Older the Wiser... ?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku's_girl<3

Website
www.myspace.com
Age is something most people think brings wisdom. Being 13, I've always been extremely defensive about my age, always claiming that age should't influence things as much as it does. Though, while I hate to admit it, with age comes more experiences, more mistakes, and more chances to learn something new.

While I admit to knowing this fact, I know that there are some people older than I am, and, yet, they don't deserve the respect they get. Also, I dislike how younger people are frowned down upon in some instances, just because they are younger.

Even though age may affect how people think about things, and experiences may affect how they treat things, respect is something I think should be entirely universal, though, needing to be earned.

Using the internet and being 13 is somewhat of a challenge to me. It sometimes feels like people treat me differently once they find out that I'm 13.

But, should age really matter?

Personally, I don't think it should, though depending on the situation.

Your views?

Joy

Bronze Member
Yes, age should matter in certain aspects. My mom has made it clear to me in a subliminal way.

Take this example: When I was young, I never thought I would want to do alphabetical order again in my life. But now, I would love to do it instead of the work I'm being given now. Yeah, a bad example compared to other experiences, but it proves what I'm trying to say.

This does not apply to everything though. I know for a fact that I am more mature mentally then most seniors and juniors in my school.

Overall, yes, age is what you are judged on. Older people are given more respect because of their experiences. Experiences are what make you grow mentally.

Just so you know, I'm 14.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
while true age in some ways age affects what you should do, the saying "the older the wiser" defiantly ain't true, depends on the individual

R0ad H0g

To agree with what evil kenshin said, my sister is seven years older than I am but I am "wiser" because I think through things before I do them. She acts and then looks back and realizes what she has done. I'm 14, but I look like I'm 16 so people generally give me some respect.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
3 words: Alexander the Great. compared to the other older generals around him, he was a frickin genius.

2 words: Napoleon Bonaparte. he was a brand new general, no one expected much of him, but he still kicked more @$$ then all the old guys put together.

age may give you more experiance, but it also makes you old. I.E. you get timid, scared, frail, overthink things, and so on.

Gullwing Yunie

perfectFIT//
Website
freckleyunie.deviantart.com
Personally, I don't really think age should matter that much. Of course, when you're older you've probably experienced more but that's not always the case. It annoys me though when people think that because they are older they are always right and what they have to say is far more important than those younger and "less experienced" than them. It's only some that are like that, but still, it's really annoying.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Wow I thought people were uneducated with history but damn, this is sad.

3 words: Alexander the Great. compared to the other older generals around him, he was a frickin genius.
Your kidding right? He was taught by the best mind of his time, he attended more schools, saw more battles and was trained more than any other general of his time period. The reason he was so great was because his father wanted for him to beat the Persians, and spread their empire.
2 words: Napoleon Bonaparte. he was a brand new general, no one expected much of him, but he still kicked more @$$ then all the old guys put together.
He only graduated near to the top of his f-ing and in about half the time of the rest of his class at military school. Yeah, they didn't really expect much of him [/sarcasm].

on topic:
Age =/= wisdom, It depends on how your life plays out that decides how wise you become.

LuvKyou

Personally, I don't really think age should matter that much. Of course, when you're older you've probably experienced more but that's not always the case. It annoys me though when people think that because they are older they are always right and what they have to say is far more important than those younger and "less experienced" than them. It's only some that are like that, but still, it's really annoying.

I agree. Older people in my family are constantly telling me how to behave, what do do etc etc When I might know these things or they might not be the best things for me, regardless of what they think. I would say I'm pretty "wise" for my age (I'm 14). Relatives and older friends are always teaching me about life and I'm surprised to know that I already know about the things they're telling me. Wisdom comes with age but it really depends on the person and their experiences. That's what I think anyway.

~Luv <3

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
It doesn't matter who you are, with age brings clarity and a distinction of the world that as a child you do not have. As for wiser, there is no yes or no to that. You can be young and be pretty wise, but you need age to grow, you become wise with age, but also from experience in life. It really comes hand in hand, your age determines everything.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
"The Older the Wiser" is a rule which applies without exception to all people at least one year younger than my current age. Same with "Respect thy Elders."

Square Ninja said:
Looking at kids saying they think they're wise for their age is amusing.
When you can not claim wisdom as a virtue, claim it as relative.

T

Tyler Durden

Alright, here we go-

I am wiser than other people I know. Are they older than me? YES Have they learned from those mistakes? YE- waait, crap, no.

I LEARN therefore I am more wise. But you know, ignorance IS bliss, so...

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Ignorance is clearly bliss for you kiddo, to outright think you're wiser than people you know who are older. Nor do you even add anything to the discussion. I didn't know this topic was "Come in here and state if you are wiser than people who are older and make a total idiot of yourself."

To each their own.

T

Tyler Durden

I stated WHY.

I would think that my post that learning from mistakes is what makes people wise, not age, but hey, you know, to each his own.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Square Ninja said:
One day you'll understand.

Witty wordplay can only get you so far.

Anyways, since my point somehow didn't get across, I'm simply saying that stating all young people are idiots and all old people are wise is idiotic and generalized. There are plenty of wise young people as foolish old people. The majority is organized in the sense that age defines how wise you are, but not always. Despite this fact, a fair amount of people will say all young people are foolish, and all older are wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back