• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

the only way i think Vanitas sould come back (if he does) is threw ven (Spoilers for BBS)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zul

Awards
I believe Xion returned to Roxas, and both of them went back to Sora. As for Vanitas..if he does not come back, then he's the most shallow character ever added into the series.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Sora + Kairi + Ven

True, but Kairi's was only for a short time during KH1 and does not count into the equation anymore.

Thing is, doesn't Ven need his darkness in order to heal his heart back to 100% and not need to use another heart as support? So wouldn't that mean he needs Vanitas to fuse back into his heart of light?

We don't know if that is really necessary or not since we also don't really know of what a heart is really made of. We know it can create emotions and a big part of its form are memories, but that's all.
We don't know if hearts have any self-heal abilities and if they can regenerate missing parts over time or if they need the particular part back which got once cut off (as in Ven's case).
It would come to bigger problems though if Ven would really need that particular part back and he actually destroyed Vanitas completely at the end of BBS.
If his heart can't be healed otherwise then it would be "crippled" forever or in need for Sora's support, which apparently didn't have a negative effect on Sora during the four years before BBS at all.

Maybe he started a new file on Zelda.

Where did Xion's heart go? Didn't Roxas get it on Day 357 hence his duel wielding?

Xion's "heart" was a fake and probably vanished, just as the Riku Replica's.
The reason for Roxas's dual wielding is that Xion's disappearance caused a emotional breakdown in Roxas which allowed him to directly access Ven's injured heart and "pull" out Ven's keyblade.

Good question. . . but Roxas could duel wield because of Ven's heart, Xion only triggered it.
Exactly this.

I believe Xion returned to Roxas, and both of them went back to Sora. As for Vanitas..if he does not come back, then he's the most shallow character ever added into the series.

That is actually a no-brainer. First Roxas absorbed Xion, then in KH2 he was forced to rejoin with Sora, so its undebateable fact that both of them exist within Sora now.
If you go solely by the games then you're right.
Second tier canon from the novels however gives Vanitas quite a bit more of a background.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Aqua: Ven are you alright....(shakes) wake up now..please
Ven: (eyes flutter open) sigh
Aqua: thank goodness your alright
Ven: (wicked grin) -deepvoice Not quite

personlly it be nice for a villain to totally just die but if he di it proably be like that, since he is the manifestation of ven's darkness he will always exist in ven, kinda like the way the kh sepheriroth exist in kh cloud

Zul

Awards
If you go solely by the games then you're right.
Second tier canon from the novels however gives Vanitas quite a bit more of a background.

Yes, I forgot to mention that, taking the novel story into account makes him significantly better imo.

Although if it is 100% canon, depending on Vanitas's current state, he would be more deserving of the "save" list than anyone else(other than Terra maybe).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I thought Ven's heart was what allowed Roxas to single wield. A nobody can't wield a keyblade if he doesn't have a heart.

Zul

Awards
I think it was still ambiguous as to whether you need a heart to wield a keyblade. Nomura was asked about why Xemnas could not wield one when he was the Nobody of two masters.

Nomura answered "it's possible that he was intentionally not wielding one". I think that's a ridiculous answer and I still do not believe he was intentionally refraining from using one. I think he had the capability to use both Terra's and Aqua's if needed, but the keyblades themselves rejected him after sensing Xehanort in him(speculation though).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yes, I forgot to mention that, taking the novel story into account makes him significantly better imo.

Although if it is 100% canon, depending on Vanitas's current state, he would be more deserving of the "save" list than anyone else(other than Terra maybe).

Please wut? Vanitas deserving "save" more than Aqua, Roxas, Naminé, Xion and Ventus?
Don't make me laugh, those people all are suffering tremendously and did really nothing wrong or harmful on their own volition, something that can't be said about Vanitas.

Vanitas backstory may make him a bit more sympathetic, but that's all there is to it.
He's still a wicked sadistic bastard who relishes in seeing others suffer and revels in destruction and misery.
And no, it wasn't just Master Xehanort manipulating him, as him beating Ventus to a pulp when the kid was only half-conscious with no way to resist was way before MX did anything.

I thought Ven's heart was what allowed Roxas to single wield. A nobody can't wield a keyblade if he doesn't have a heart.

That is a misconception, the rule that you need a heart to wield a keyblade doesn't apply to the nobody of a keyblade wielder. In fact Sora and Roxas both wielded Sora's keyblade at the same time.
The keyblade Roxas wielded is Sora's, Ven's heart has nothing to do with it.
Ven's heart provided the second keyblade and Roxas's ability to feel real emotions.

I think it was still ambiguous as to whether you need a heart to wield a keyblade. Nomura was asked about why Xemnas could not wield one when he was the Nobody of two masters.

Nomura answered "it's possible that he was intentionally not wielding one". I think that's a ridiculous answer and I still do not believe he was intentionally refraining from using one. I think he had the capability to use both Terra's and Aqua's if needed, but the keyblades themselves rejected him after sensing Xehanort in him(speculation though).

Nomura also answered in another interview that Roxas can wield a keyblade because Sora can, as he is his nobody. The injured heart of Ventus explains the second keyblade, not the first.

Why the heck would Xemnas be able to use Aqua's keyblade? Last time I checked Aqua has no connection to the total heart-mess that is Xehanort/Ansem SoD/Xemnas.
Terra's keyblade is inaccessible because it is with the Lingering Sentiment. The only keyblade that would be accessible is Master Xehanort's, as Eraqus's keyblade is held by Aqua in the Realm of Darkness.

ICECOOL113

I have idea what to expect from Vanitas if he does come back at all!?

I mean the only way I can imagine it would be like a heartless Sora like in KH1 and he would have to fight Vanitas with the help of Ventus if at all is invovled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back