• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Story of KHUX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
So yeah, a question(s): Will Unchained X end before KH3 launches? Probably all of this will be important to KH3's story, right? Nope?
Or there isn't any confirmation around when it'll end?
nope the story will contine after kh3 yeah it some way shape form the like the black box is part ux and there other stuff as well i dont spoiler you

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Watching the cutscenes on YouTube again. Has there really not been any advancement of the main plot since September 2017?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPCJnwphQDQcJOkD9OsmxxMHX7YHE4WP2

That is completely correct.
There hasn't been even a trace of the new Union leaders and the main plot since September 2017.

The first meeting between them and Ephemer, Skuld and Ven moving out to collect materials for the spirit creation was the last bit of main story we got.

It's just moneygrubbing banners after banners, PvP and Disney filler episodes for nearly 10 months by now.

Awards
The huge lack of actual story content just makes me wonder if even Nomura stopped caring about UX even with all the stuff he says about it being important.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
That is completely correct.
There hasn't been even a trace of the new Union leaders and the main plot since September 2017.

The first meeting between them and Ephemer, Skuld and Ven moving out to collect materials for the spirit creation was the last bit of main story we got.

It's just moneygrubbing banners after banners, PvP and Disney filler episodes for nearly 10 months by now.

Jesus.. "The story will pick up, we promise"...

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The huge lack of actual story content just makes me wonder if even Nomura stopped caring about UX even with all the stuff he says about it being important.

Nah, Square Enix is just using Nomura as the mouthpiece for people to carry on being invested in the game. Easier to get him to say "Hey, this gacha game is real important, go play it." than to get a corporation to say it. Also, his game has a huge bias in favour of Japan. From the way the current story's structured, new content will end up coming in September, and you know what's in September? Tokyo Game Show.

Awards
Nah, Square Enix is just using Nomura as the mouthpiece for people to carry on being invested in the game. Easier to get him to say "Hey, this gacha game is real important, go play it." than to get a corporation to say it. Also, his game has a huge bias in favour of Japan. From the way the current story's structured, new content will end up coming in September, and you know what's in September? Tokyo Game Show.
Just because TGS is in September doesn't mean UX is gonna get an actual story update.

If your hunch turns out to be correct, then great. If not, September will mark a whole year of no real story in UX, and cement it as the least important KH game ever. I already gave up on Lauriam since Marluxia still exists.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Just because TGS is in September doesn't mean UX is gonna get an actual story update.

This month was visiting existing Disney worlds to ensure they're not contaminated by the darkness. Next month is going to be the same, that leave September free for new content (be it the new Disney world or original lore).

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
*story update comes out*

"HEY Y'ALL LIKE DISNEY RIGHT? HERE'S 1000 DISNEY FILLER QUESTS"
When we finally get a main story update:

"Square Enix...

You're too late."
tumblr_pa4k2yiRz31tt3wuco2_500.gif

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

If your hunch turns out to be correct, then great. If not, September will mark a whole year of no real story in UX, and cement it as the least important KH game ever. I already gave up on Lauriam since Marluxia still exists.

It’s also the anniversary of Union Cross, so they’ll probably want to do something for it. A story update or something would be fitting. They also still have to add in the Classic Kingdom games prior to KH3, which could happen around the same time. I just don’t see how Square Enix justifies the lack of significant story updates to themselves.

I’m only in the first few hundred missions of this game and in no rush to catch up, but the English version still hasn’t had the scene with the Union Leaders talking in the Foretellers’ Chamber, has it? Has the English version past the point in the Agrabah plot where that scene occurred in the Japan version? Like do we know how many missions are left before we get that Union Leader scene or are the two versions organized differently?

Ventus_

Awards
I greatly appreciate this thread.
It was of great help to me as I was quite behind in this storyline since I lost my save data and haven't been able to bring myself to start over (I had just reached level 100 and unlocked my favorite costume, Sora Halloweentown, I'd also spend some real money on badge sets).

This story almost inspired me to give it another go, ALMOST.

I'm looking forward to what happens next. It sounds like the union leaders are getting ready to create the first dream eaters!

shivaa

Awards
Hello ! Thank you for your work Muke,
Here I know that a lot of topics are talking about it, topics I've read
And I still do not understand what is included in the mobile game "KHUX" (I think I'll end up understand why I'm explained long haha)
Let me explain :
On topics, some say that KHUX brings together the whole story of X [chi] / Back Cover + Unchained X
On others that Union X is the continuation of the story, even if the beginning is similar, because it is actually the "season 3" of history
So my question is: playing ONLY at I KHUX on mobile, would I have all the history of Kingdom Hearts X, or do I have to play Unchained and X [Chi] to have the complete story?
I do not know if I'm clear, anyway it's not for me ...
Thank you for your answers !

UC Browser SHAREit MX Player

Last edited:

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Hello ! Thank you for your work Muke,
Here I know that a lot of topics are talking about it, topics I've read
And I still do not understand what is included in the mobile game "KHUX" (I think I'll end up understand why I'm explained long haha)
Let me explain :
On topics, some say that KHUX brings together the whole story of X [chi] / Back Cover + Unchained X
On others that Union X is the continuation of the story, even if the beginning is similar, because it is actually the "season 3" of history
So my question is: playing ONLY at I KHUX on mobile, would I have all the history of Kingdom Hearts X, or do I have to play Unchained and X [Chi] to have the complete story?
I do not know if I'm clear, anyway it's not for me ...
Thank you for your answers !
KHUX is a continuation of KHX, while Back Cover plays parallel to KHX. Back Cover isn't included in KHUX while due to how the story of KHX is continued in KHUX most of KHX is indeed included in KHUX, but not everything, at least not yet.
So in short: You still have to watch Back Cover for sure to get the whole story and to understand some of the stuff going on in KHUX you also have to watch at least some of the exclusive scenes.

The youtube channel of KHInsider includes a KHX/KHUX main story cutscenes playlist which is a perfect place to catch up on both games: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPCJnwphQDQcJOkD9OsmxxMHX7YHE4WP2

Obiewantsanipod

To be honest I've never had any trouble keeping up with kingdom hearts's convoluted story. The only thing I don't understand is the alternate reality of KHUX. I can't seem to wrap my mind around it.

So the keyblade war happened in one universe/reality, while the dandelions fled to another universe/reality? Is that it? so doesn't the new universe where the current events take place in now also have another version of MoM, Skuld, Ephemer, foretellers, etc.?

In this universe the war doesn't take place but all the other characters don't exist for some reason, including another version of Skuld, Ephemer, etc.?

If everything I said was correct, which I doubt, then which universe does Sora, MX, and the rest of our numbered titles cast live in? I would think the first one since MX keeps referring to the keyblade war as a thing that happened. But then how are the dandelions relevant again in KHIII If they're not even in this reality? Which we know they are with Marluxia, subject X, etc.

And one last question, wasn't one union leader only supposed to get a copy of the book of prophecies? How come Brain picked up a copy and casually started reading it?

Also, why is Ven so mind numbingly stupid? He's an air head across all the games he has appeared in he makes Sora look like a genius.

Last edited:
Back