• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MysticMage10

Awards
Nobodies DO age. This is an example of why WoG is not the same thing as canon. We have one interview saying that Nobodies don't age against things like Ienzo having completely different models when losing his heart and after regaining it, and Namine having different models for CoM and KH2. KH has become unnecessarily complicated as it's gone on, but I have no idea why this is held up as some grand contradiction and not just some interview statement that wasn't thought all the way through.
Well, this is what I'm saying. Nomura says one thing during interviews, but he goes and does something else entirely in game. I know that Naminé's model is different in COM compared to KH2. I didn't want to believe what he said about nobodies not aging because it personally didn't make any sense to me, but I mean he IS the creator and all that shit. At this point, I'm just sticking to what the creator says. It's his story, after all, even if he isn't a very good writer.

Chie

Awards
Why would you choose to stick to something he said on the spot in a single Famitsu interview instead of what he actually wrote happening in every single game before and after he said that...?

MysticMage10

Awards
Why would you choose to stick to something he said on the spot in a single Famitsu interview instead of what he actually wrote happening in every single game before and after he said that...?
Why would he say what he said, while being completely aware that his fans will call out the inconsistencies? Either way, the fandom has taken this plot point to heart to the point that it's been mentioned on both KH wiki pages i've seen. There have been other things he's said "on the spot" that the fandom takes as truth, so why treat this plot point any different?

Chie

Awards
Do you want him to make a public apology or something?

It's one interview from a magazine from like 20 years ago. The games consistently portray nobodies aging.

MysticMage10

Awards

It's one interview from a magazine from like 20 years ago. The games consistently portray nobodies aging.
It's REALLY not that deep dude. More like address the mistake on social media or something simple, like what are you even on about rn? Also, the only obvious aging nobody was Naminé. We first saw Roxas at the end of COM and he already physically looked 15 so....

Chie

Awards
It's REALLY not that deep dude. More like address the mistake on social media or something simple, like what are you even on about rn?
Why would he address a minor mistake in a 20 year old print(!) interview that nobody cares about anymore on social media. Also not sure what's going on here. What am I "on" about? I've been succinct in the extreme.

MysticMage10

Awards
Why would he address a minor mistake in a 20 year old print(!) interview that nobody cares about anymore on social media. Also not sure what's going on here. What am I "on" about? I've been succinct in the extreme.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but judging by your sarcastic response here:

It kinda sounded to me like you were getting bent out of shape just because I mentioned a confusing inconsistency that has the fandom debating about it. He said what he said, and it's out there now, with the fandom understandably taking it as canon, and now you're trying to tell me not to listen to what he said because it wasn't shown in game? Despite the fact that even the games have given me no reason to believe otherwise? All I said was for him to address said inconsistency because it just doesn't make sense. But then again, a lot of things in the series don't make sense because he's making up things as he goes along, rather than writing a cohesive story.

Chie

Awards
I guess I could see how you could see that as tinged with sarcasm, but it was also a question I was legitimately asking, and you answered it with "yes".

I honestly don't think Nomura knows that the English fandom has latched on to this old error, nor is he likely to care too much since the vast majority of players aren't people who care about 20 year old interviews in the first place. If he addressed it, I think it would be largely met with a resounding "huh?".

Chie

Awards
Above conversation is not a counter argument to an opinion, though it is off topic. But I really wanted to know the rationale behind "i'm sticking to what the creator said once instead of the games", so I asked. But yes it's off topic.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I don't think it's controversial to say that Nomura changes his mind or thinks of new things after the fact. Sometimes it works, like Ansem SoD and Ansem the Wise being two different people. Other times, it doesn't.

I think the intention for the end of KH2 was clearly that Roxas and Namine were, after everything that happened, happy. Complete. But then during coded, they're hurting. I can't know for sure, but to me, Nomura obviously changed his mind.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
A Sora/Riku/Kairi game would have the dryest, most stilted script of all time and would only serve to damage the friendship that fans imagined these three characters had all these years. When Donald and Goofy aren't around, Sora tends to be written like a ditzy imbecile, and most scenes would likely cast him as the fool for Riku and Kairi to make remarks about.

Awards
Imo Roxas and Naminé's ending in KH2 is only happy when you take it at face value. Like let's be honest here. In the KH2 vacuum, Roxas only had a prologue to his name where we basically see him live a fake life that crumbles until he goes back to Sora in what's basically a depression form of acceptance because he had nothing left.

But even then, with the length people go on about for being real long, we don't get much time with the guy. When you think about it, it gives off the feeling that he's ultimately expendable and his only purpose was to be shoved away for the REAL main character and the other times we get his influence basically involve him uh...not really liking how he's basically not a person anymore.

And then there's Naminé. Who basically didn't even need to go back to Kairi but had to because, if ya skipped CoM, she just...has to otherwise she'd probably fade away as if the first six members of the gang of bad people haven't been truckin' for a decade[not even takin BBS into account and goin off the KH2 reports]and as if Nobodies fading away isn't a result of gettin beaten to death.

And with CoM taken into account you'd think the only reason Naminé has to go back into Kairi is cuz she herself is just depressed and spent her days only in bad situations where even having a friend is used more to make her be a pawn to a scheme otherwise she'd be locked up. I'm prolly not gettin my point across well but hey.
A Sora/Riku/Kairi game would have the dryest, most stilted script of all time and would only serve to damage the friendship that fans imagined these three characters had all these years. When Donald and Goofy aren't around, Sora tends to be written like a ditzy imbecile, and most scenes would likely cast him as the fool for Riku and Kairi to make remarks about.
Have it be an SRKDG game then? Five lads.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Imo Roxas and Naminé's ending in KH2 is only happy when you take it at face value. Like let's be honest here. In the KH2 vacuum, Roxas only had a prologue to his name where we basically see him live a fake life that crumbles until he goes back to Sora in what's basically a depression form of acceptance because he had nothing left.

But even then, with the length people go on about for being real long, we don't get much time with the guy. When you think about it, it gives off the feeling that he's ultimately expendable and his only purpose was to be shoved away for the REAL main character and the other times we get his influence basically involve him uh...not really liking how he's basically not a person anymore.

And then there's Naminé. Who basically didn't even need to go back to Kairi but had to because, if ya skipped CoM, she just...has to otherwise she'd probably fade away as if the first six members of the gang of bad people haven't been truckin' for a decade[not even takin BBS into account and goin off the KH2 reports]and as if Nobodies fading away isn't a result of gettin beaten to death.

And with CoM taken into account you'd think the only reason Naminé has to go back into Kairi is cuz she herself is just depressed and spent her days only in bad situations where even having a friend is used more to make her be a pawn to a scheme otherwise she'd be locked up. I'm prolly not gettin my point across well but hey.

Have it be an SRKDG game then? Five lads.
For me, it was ok that Roxas' and Namine's ending was bittersweet. Their story was a tragedy, orchestrated by Xemnas. At the end, there was some form of happy ending, but it was still incredibly sad that just as Roxas remembered who he was and what was important, he ceased to be his own person. It's ok for a story to be incredibly sad. It was a really good story.

Last edited:

vaderskywalker

Awards
I had to think about it for a bit, but the best Keyblade in any of the games, in my opinion, has to be the Kingdom Key, it's the one you start out with, and you can feel it's presence throughout the series even if it's not there physicaly, or at the very least, not being used by a player, for instance in BBS, it's used as an indicator for the player on the map, and it's use for the title screen of the world name for The Keyblade Graveyard, and it was used as part of the design for the X-blade, and on top of all of that, it's a classic Key design, and that is why I think it's the best.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
This had to be one of the most jarring concepts i've seen the writers do. Lets tell the player their hero antics are supporting the baddies and justify their meddling by saying it doesn't really matter if we're helping them if we stop them lol. 2005JP/2006NA? Nomura was a wild boy lol.

vaderskywalker

Awards
This had to be one of the most jarring concepts i've seen the writers do. Lets tell the player their hero antics are supporting the baddies and justify their meddling by saying it doesn't really matter if we're helping them if we stop them lol. 2002? Nomura was a wild boy lol.
Agreed, but you are refering to KH2 right? Because that came out somewhere in 2004 to 2006,(I am of course refering to all regions at the time.), just a bit confused there.

Back