• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Wings of a Storm

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
-Literate. Original. Fantasy. Yes, I am at it again.-

Captain's Log, aboard the Stormwing.

I wouldn't consider us criminals. Sure, we've taken a few jobs here and there that lawmen might find a little objectionable, but we're not bad guys. All right, we've stolen some things ... broken some others ... fought a lot of people along the way and killed a few of them ... but we do good things too. Legal things. Just not as often as we do those illegal things.

Anyway, today I was summoned to the palace- to meet with the queen, no less! First time for everything. And I suppose "summoned" isn't the right word. "Forcefully persuaded to a clandestine meeting" is a better way of putting it. And I got to learn firsthand why Queen Jirael is such a strong leader.

She knew about us, she said. About the Stormwing. About our slightly objectionable actions and our loose interpretation of several laws, which she very kindly had her retainer list for me in full. I thought I was heading to a jail cell, and my poor ship to the junk yard, and only hoped that the rest of my crew might be able to run.

But then Queen Jirael told me that she was willing to wipe clean the Stormwing's slate, on one condition. That we go on a highly important, highly secret mission for the kingdom. Spirits save me, but I had no choice but to say yes.

Then out came this girl, sixteen or so by the looks of her, at least after she lowered the hood of her cloak.

"I am the Princess of Valenierre," she said, "and you are going to help me reclaim my throne."

Smugglers, thieves, rogues. Criminals. A menace to the crown, the mavericks of society. We're looked down upon even while others secretly praise us.

We're not bad guys. But I guess we're not good guys, either.

So why are we suddenly knights in shining armor?

Sit back, and let me tell you a story....

Life on this world runs through a mix of magic and simple technology. Through the vast heavens fly skyships, and you, my friend, are part of the crew on one of them. You take on odd jobs, smuggling, transporting, delivering, thieving, whatever pays. It's a tough life, always trying to fly ahead of the law ... but you're free, and no one can take the sky from you.

The world is separated into several kingdoms, the Stormwing's native one being Valtara. Valtara's neighbor is Valenierre, and right now, Valenierre is in a bit of a fix.
But let me backtrack a little. The world is inhabited by spirits who live, in a strange way, alongside us humans.

There are two kinds: first are the Blessed Spirits, known as Hallows. Hallows are benign spirits who willingly attach themselves to people as their familiars. They live inside your soul, but can be summoned at any time, for whatever reason. To fight, to guard, to help with the shopping, to snuggle up next to you at night. Hallows come in the form of rather strange, fantastical animals, usually small, but some are big enough to carry their human. When not summoned, they are represented by individual charms that people usually wear on a necklace or bracelet. A charm can be any small object, from a ragged feather to a sparkling diamond. They are used as the catalysts to summon your Hallows, which you begin to gain as a child and continue as you grow older.

Nice as this is, there is always a flip side. There are other spirits which live in the world of their own accord, malicious things that will never be a familiar, prefering instead to hunt humans than to bond with them. They are known as the Corrupted Spirits, or Curses. Like Hallows, they are strange creatures, rarely large. But sometimes, they are very, very dangerous.

Which brings us back to Valenierre. An ancient, powerful Curse of terrible evil had been growing there for centuries, unbeknowest to anyone. It stole as a shadow through the kingdom and possessed some petty lord, who just happened to be cousin to the king.
The Curse then proceeded to murder the royal family in their beds that same night, making sure no evidence pointed to the man he controlled. Devastated, the kingdom buried what was left of their ruler's bodies, King, Queen, and their four children. All the heirs to the throne had been wiped out in an instant, and the next in line was that obscure cousin, who up until then had been rather unimportant.

So Arrak de'Valen was crowned king, with the population totally unaware that he was now no more than a puppet for a deadly Curse which had sunk into his soul.
Ah, but ... while the Curse hid inside Arrak, plotting and spreading his dark influence across Valenierre, something unforseen had happened.

Valenierre's only princess had survived the attack.

She ran away that night, accompanied only by her Hallows. With nowhere to go and no one to turn to, she fled the country and ended up in Valtara. There she appealed in secret to Queen Jirael, for their two countries had long been friends and allies. And Jirael said that to reclaim her kingdom, she would have to find the six ancient talismans that held the spirits of legendary Hallows ... Hallows loyal only to the royal family of Valenierre. With them at her side, she could challenge this false king {and Curse}.

And who do you think is going to help find these Hallows and protect the princess along the way?

Why, none other than the rogues of the Stormwing.

~Magic
Magic in this world reacts a bit differently for everyone. What remains constant is its origin: it quite literally grows on trees. Myth trees take in carbon dioxide and release both oxygen and magical energy. And they grow crystals called Mythra, which are used as the fuel that powers skyships and the like.

Mythra is needed for any sort of technology. But spells that come from the inside ... those are different. Some people are better at magic than others; it just works for them more. Others may have a knack for mecha, the art of combining magic and machines. And even those people who are good at spells may only have specific talents. So there's really no sure way of measuring a person's power. The main focus is always summoning....

~Hallows
Hallows, unlike the free-roaming Curses, cannot manifest themselves in this world without first attaching themselves to a human. Afterwards, they can manifest at any time, for any length of time, but only when summoned. When not summoned, the spirits reside in catalysts- "charms" that can be any small object, and are usually clipped onto link bracelets or necklaces.

A person normally gains their first Hallow in early childhood, and acquires another every few years or so as they grow older. The average number of Hallows one person usually has is three or four. Very occasionally you'll meet someone with only two, and less rarely, five or six. Some people are just cluttered like that.

Hallows and Curses alike both take the form of strange creatures- fantastical more often than not, unable to pass for any sort of normal animal. The visible difference between Hallows and Curses are that Curses look evil- they are corrupted, after all, and savage predators.

There have only been three instances in history when a Curse was able to become subservient to a human. Two of the Curses were able to overpower their human after being summoned a few times, which leaves only one Curse to have ever become a Hallow- but that's another story. People still try from time to time, but there hasn't been a recorded successful taming in centuries, and its generally a very stupid thing to do. More often than not, you just end up dead for trying.

A Hallow that can reach the size of a horse is termed as unusually large: anything bigger than that is impossible, save for the legendary Hallows which serve the royal families, ancient and powerful. But those are only myths, right?

Rules of the role play

This is a literate RP. That means I'm asking you to post at least two paragraphs per reply, along with good grammar and creativity.

The words of Tobuoi and I are law. If we say you're out, you're out: if we say you need to stop doing something, stop: if we say you're made of awesome, then go pat yourself on the back, we're very picky. But it all comes down to this: listen to us.

Respect each other, respect this thread, respect KHI. Do not flame, do not break the forum rules, do not get into stupid arguments.

Follow the template. If I wanted any more or less, I would've put that. So stick to it, yo.

Be original. No, your name cannot be Cloud Strife, and you cannot have an overcompesnating sword. Also, your character cannot be too powerful or anything, because that annoys me. No stock characters, this isn't some bad fan fic I'm running. Who do you think you are, Christopher Paolini?

Read. Skimming through things like plots or character profiles is not something I suggest. You tend to miss stuff. Important stuff. Even if it's long and you're lazy, read it anyway. You might find that you answered with a totally screwy post because you skimmed, and therefore did not pick up on what exactly was going on. This is advice more than a rule, but do it anyway.

This is not Earth. No guns, no iPods, no transdimensional travelers. Stay here.

Have fun! Because I worked for too damn long on this thing for it to be miserable.

So, tell me about yourself.

Name:

Age: I'm not accepting anyone under the age of sixteen on my crew.

Job: On the crew, of course.

Appearance: Either a description or a picture with a description. And if you have a picture, link form only.

Weapon/s: We're criminals. We get into tricky situations. But just be logical with this. Six-foot long swords do not exist out of Squeenix.

Personality: At least three sentences, please.

History: You don't have to kill yourself trying to make this super-cool and interesting. No novels, just tell us what we need to know.

Hallows: Everyone has them, remember. And unless you're a member of a royal family {which you won't be}, none of your Hallows will be larger than a horse. Some may even be the size of kittens for all I care. List here their names, what the look like, what their charms are, ect.

Theme song: Because it's fun and you know it.

NOTE: We do need someone to play the princess, quite badly, because I don't want to do it. If you're interested in this role, and I hope you are, then PM me. We'll judge if you'll make a good princess and fill you in on the details you'll need to know.

~The crew

The Captain: Arrow Turinde - GuardianOfHearts {ew, look, I'm in charge}

The First Mate: open

The Pilot: open

The Mechanic: Rin - Tobuoi

-

-

The Princess of Valenierre: open

After those critical onboard roles, there's two slots available for the characters who just work there. You know, most likely to help with the miscellanious things instead of having actual specific tasks, like driving the ship. If you have an idea for another job {say, a medic}, tell us. If your profile's good enough, I'll stick another job up there.

Hey, GuardianOfHearts. Is this a rip-off of several Final Fantasy games?

I never intended it to be, but it appears that it is. Tobuoi tells me I need to play FFIX and XII. I swear I didn't just steal the ideas and put them through a blender together, I've never played those games. Plus, Final Fantasy totally had me backed into a corner with names for the spirits. They took them all! Aeons, GFs, Espers, Eidelons....

Last edited:

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Name: Arrow Turinde

Job: Captain of the Stormwing.

Appearance: Arrow is fairly tall, reaching 5"8. Thanks to many recessive genes in her family, she is rather pale, and able only to burn and never to tan. In contrast, her hair is a rich auburn, though she cut it to her ears several years ago. To offset this fire, her eyes are a clear wintry grey-blue, ice. She usually wears a sort of effeminate tan frock, the rounded egdes reaching her knees at the back and just a little shorter in the front. It is sleeveless and hooded, chinched with a girdle at the waist. On her feet are scuffed brown boots laced up her calves.

Weapons: A dual-bladed glaive. For long-range attacks, she uses a recurve bow.

Personality: Arrow has always been older than her years, which is why she's been a skyship captain since she was eighteen. She carries a prescence about her of charasmatic authority that demands a certain amount of respect. Proud and reserved but not vainly or arrogantly so, she will always defer to those she considers more suited to a task and has no qualms about asking for someone's advice. She is very protective of her crew, and of her beloved ship.

Understandably, Arrow is something of a thrill-seeker. She knows little of fear {and considers this a failing} and will almost always be someone you can depend on for a calm, cool rationale, even in the most dangerous of situations. She's been called an ice queen more than once because of her seemingly stoic ways. Her emotions are just as intense as anyone else's, though- she just doesn't show them as easily. That's why she tends to surprise people with her volume of humor, however dry it often is. But the feeling she'll show most strongly is anger: not the fiery temper of others, but the fierce ice that can burn like cold iron.

History: Arrow, if she wanted, could be living the life of the rich and powerful. On her mother's side, her family comes from a long line of wealth, beginning ancestors who were the first perfectors of the skyship. As their name suggests, the Shipwright family has been making and selling skyships for generations, both a business and a craftsmanship.

But Arrow's mother Elaria broke the mold when she was turned twenty, running away and eloping with one of the Shipwright's apprentice craftsmen, a young man named Gallen, who of course was not good enough for Elaria to marry. Elaria would not have been forced into an arranged marriage, per say, but she would not have been given a free rein in her choices. So she chose to leave, and with her own money [she certainly had enough] bought their own skyship.

They lived quite happily on their small houseboat, despite the fact that the Shipwright's were very angry with Elaria for running away and wanted her back. But they were never caught, and after a few years, had Arrow- who at the time was named Arra. And little Arra grew up in an almost gypsy-like way, always on the move to some new horizon. Her studies were wide, varied, and unorganized. Elaria taught her how to read and write, but in one city they stopped at a boy-thief taught her how to pick pockets, and in another, an old woman selling apples taught her how to conjure things with her magic. In one country she picked up a bow at the age of eight and started learning archery, too. A man they took on as a passenger for a few months taught her the basics of swordplay when she was eleven.

Things went on in this vein for the first twelve years of her life, meeting people all over and learning things that ran from where best to shoot a Curse with an arrow to how to make sailfish soup. Her parents, runaway radicals that they were, were happy about their daughter learning so many things they couldn't teach her themselves. It was a good life- until she was twelve.

That was when their houseboat was hit by a much larger ship which had been damaged and was careening off course. Gallen, on deck at the time with Arra, immediately picked up his daughter, held her close for a moment, and threw her overboard into open air.

Arra screamed, yet still heard her father shout "Talith!" before the other skip crashed into theirs.

Arra quickly understood, and summoned her Hallow, Talith, a winged wolf who saved her from falling and flew her away from the fire and splintered wood. Her own parents didn't have Hallows who could fly....

Crying, Arra could barely sob out her story to the people in the nearest town who found the sooty twelve year-old. Finally she told them what had happened, and was taken into temporary protective custody after it was confirmed that both her parents had died in the crash. For a few days there was some speculation about what to do with the orphaned girl. But she was eventually traced back to the Shipwrights, who came and took their granddaughter/niece/cousin back to the Shipwright's ancestral home: a manse of almost castle-like proportions in Valtara's capital city.

It was a drastic change for Arra, from going to living free on a snug houseboat to being pampered and scheduled and called lady. Her name was lengthened to Arrawyn. She soon found that she didn't like being "grounded." Don't walk, don't run, stay here, go there. Now she had to advance her studies in the fighting and magic arts, but she was neither expected nor encouraged to use either in daily life, as she always had. And there was always speculation about her Hallow- she had only one, an unheard of number at her age. Was she defective? Was it a disease, a product of her disgraceful early life? Did Hallows just not like her?

They stopped talking behind their hands at her when she gained a second Hallow after a year or so, but only slightly. And it wasn't until Arra[wyn] turned eighteen and gained her third Hallow that she decided to do something.

Before the Shipwrights could get any more of a choke hold on her, she ran away, as her mother had before her. And like her mother, she left with the love of her life- a skyship she had seen being made, a midweight transfer ship that, unlike her mother, she simply stole and flew off with.

In keeping with tradition, her family was furious and tried to find her. But by the time they realized that she was missing a day later, Arra, now Arrow, was already far gone and hiding in the clouds. This was the life she wanted, back in the sky- free. The rest, well, you know.

She's rather bewildered by this whole business, and more than a little worried about having a royal princess of Valenierre on board the Stormwing. But no matter what happens, if nothing else, they'll keep flying.

Hallows:
Arrow has only three Hallows, all very close to her. She keeps their charms all on a copper chain around her neck. They are listed in the order she acquired them below:

Talith
This Hollow she got when she was six. Talith is a large female wolf in colors of smoky, silvery blue and two great black wings. She has black markings on her fur and long claws. Though more often used as a fluffy pillow in Arrow's early years, she is more than capable in a fight and now something of a guardian. Her charm is a piece of onyx carved in the shape of a feather.

Iona.
A very beautiful deer-like Hallow. She only reaches up to Arrow's waist and is quite slender. Her hide is a pure, feathery white save for on her back, which is an ridge of opalescent blue scales that continues to the end of her long tail, which is tipped in a venemous needle. On her back are shimmery blue butterfly wings. Her charm is a smal white opal.

Nyvaria
A kirin with a red-brown hide, copper scales, red-gold mane, tail and fetlocks, bronze hooves and horns. Nyvaria can not only fly, but controls fire as well. Her charm is a brass scale.

Theme song:You Can't Take Me (I'm Free) - Bryan Adams

Last edited:

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Name: Kakone Foaj

Job: The First-Mate

Appearance: http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e185/Gogeta123/Anime/83.jpg

Weapon/s: For long rage attacks he use a flatbow, and for close-combat an O-katana.

Personality: Kakone is a man of few words, and is cool headed about most situations. Kakone is generally looking for something or someone to believe in. This, combined with his general suspiciousness, gives rise to a complicated relationship to authority. Therefore he distrusts of most people in authority. Kakone has a hard time lowering his defenses in intimate relationships. So he never speaks or lets out any emotion. The fact that he is cool-headed keeps him able to keep this emotions sealed away inside without any trouble. Kakone normally always tries to stay out of trouble as in for things to be smooth. Betrayal of any sort is absolutely intolerable and can provoke a powerful response on the part of the Kakone.

History: Kakone had a normal childhood, to him it was. It was like any other childhood, but as a teenager he studied archery and swordsmanship. The family of Kakone consists of his parents and 2 brothers and 1 sister. There was going to be another brother but the child died while it was being born which really devastated Kakone's mother. The bigger kids always made fun of Kakone's dead sibling, it was around that time that he wanted to know how to fight. He wanted to make them be quiet about it. He wanted to beat them badly and laugh at them, to see if they were ever make fun of him after that.

For all his life, Kakone has lived in a small village. Not much is known about his teenage years but his mother died at around the time that Kakone was 16. Throughout his teenage years all he did was training with his flatbow and an o-katana which both were given to his dad by his grandfather and his father to him. He left his house when he was 18 and has been wondering the world, doing mercenary work to buy food and sleeping in inns. Most of the time he has been giving missions of assassinations. Between the age of 20 and 21 he spent it in jail after being discovered of trying to kill a man, Kakone never said who paid him to try and kill the man and spent a year in a cell.

Hallows:

Cruzten
The one and only hallow that Kakone has is a that reaches to his waist and is in the form of a wolf. It is of the color black and the eye color is red. It has two tails and it has two white stripes in its tails. The charm is a necklace.

Theme song: Makaveli by 2pac

Last edited:

BlackmageAp

Awards
Name: Jonathan Morene Kiylu

Job: Cook

Appearance: Jonathan is a man that loves to cook, and also loves to wear clothes that show of his cooking abilities. So, he wears a giant white shirt with many pockets in the front, and white pants, so that if he were to ever mess up in his meals, it would show. However, it is almost always white, proving to others that his food is perfect. He stands at about 6 feet tall, with short brown hair that only reaches to the back of his neck. However, his hair is normally covered with his hat, unless he's decided to take a break and relax. His eyes match his hair exactly, and often times fools people into thinking that he's much younger than he actually is. If you look closely, you can see two chains around each of his wrists, one blue, and the other red. They each carry a small stone on the end of the chains.

Weapon/s: As a chef, Jonathan always carries around spices and knifes, in order to prepare emergency meals. So, he must keep these things in his shirt pockets. However, in certain pockets, lie special gloves. These gloves are used for combat, and come with hidden blades (about twice the length of his hand) that come from the knuckles, perfect for hand to hand combat. Certain gloves will also have different types of poison on them, such as ones that can relax muscles or cause the certain sense of a body to 'malfunction'. Altogether though, they are used for hacking and slashing. As another weapon, he considers his control over the element of fire to be quite handy as well, for cooking, and killing. Fireballs are a basic for him, but his personal favorite techniques with fire is breathing it. He often combines this with a special gunpowder glove he has for stronger enemies. However, it normally takes awhile before he can use it again, as the explosion destroys the blades on the glove, and it's not cheap to buy those blades.

Personality: Jonathan is what you'd call, Happy-Go-Lucky. He always enjoys wearing a smile on his face, and certainly enjoys the company of others around him. Even when killing someone, he tells them of the happy fate they shall meet, or tells them in the nicest way possible that they will burn in hell. If he finds someone he doesn't like, he normally offers them a meal with some sort of trick poison in it, mostly ones that will make the eater sick or turn them orange. He is also quite curious, and will use this curiosity in his cooking. His two favorite things to do are laughing and cooking with his hallows.

History: Jonathan was born into the middle class, so nothing special, yet nothing too sad to mention. He grew as normally as any child would, until he reached the age of 7. Around his home town, he enjoyed taking strolls around the streets that his parents would let him walk around.

It was one day on one of said strolls, that he found two small creatures being harassed by a dog. Not liking blood on the good streets, he did his best to chase the dog away, only to become involved too deep, as the dog took a few bites out of him instead. Badly injured, and still a child, he began to scream for help. Almost as an immediate response, the two strangely colored creatures lept off, in search of bandages.

They returned, with a few stolen materials, and did their best to patch him up. As Jonathan returned home that evening, the two creatures followed him until they reached his home. His parents were surprised to see the hallows, but smiled and told Jonathan that it was more than likely that they'd already chosen to stick with him, whether he liked it or not. Luckily for them, Jonathan was willing to take them. Since that time, they'd never strayed far from each other.

Sometime later, Jonathan began to learn of cooking, as his family had saved enough for a single night in a nice restaurant. From the food he'd tasted that night, he knew that he'd wanted to make peoples faces smile from the pleasing taste of food. He started off small, as all people do, as was surprised to see that the Hallows of his were helping him a bit, sniffing the food, and bringing him their suggested fruits or veges.

It took time, as all things do, but Jonathan was able to make dishes for his mother and father. They'd tasted the food, amazed that he could make such foods out of the limited supplies that they had. They started sharing some dinners with neighbors and friends, quickly making a name for Jonathan. His wish seemed to come true in front of his eyes. However, one day changed that all.

He had returned home one day from shopping, bags full of new cooking knifes, spices, and many different foods. He was surprised to find that his parents didn't greet him at the door. Instead, he walked into the kitchen to find them gagged and bound, behind a pair of tow burly men. In front of them, was a big man, Kilgin Gaku, who Jon had constantly refused to be a personal chef for, telling him that his services belonged to everyone. From the looks of things, they were obviously being held hostage.

Jonathan was helpless, as he knew that this man meant business. However, his hallows had other ideas. They had taken their own actions, and to Jonathan's amazement, took out the guards, and Kilgin as well. Though he'd survived that ordeal, he had never wanted to feel as helpless as he did that day again. And so, he took up fighting, eventually earning another, not so good name for himself.

Not wanting to soil the name of his family, he took off, leaving them to a better life. He found solace on a ship, who he could tell needed a better cook than the one they had at the time. He fit in well, with his primary and secondary skills, and has enjoyed his time on the Stormwing.

Hallows: Jonathan has been lucky enough to have been blessed with two Hallows. Both are cats, but of different colors that match their catalysts. One is a Red Tabby, to which Jonathan has named Pyro, and the other is a Blue Calico, which has been named Shiva. As their names cleverly suggest, they have opposing traits. When Jonathan cooks, he turns to Pyro for suggestions of spices and meats, while he goes to Shiva for advice on seasonings and vegetables. In battle however, they help him tremendously as what he calls his 'Poison Fangs'. If Pyro get his fangs onto an enemy, the spot that was bitten will gain a giant burning sensations, while Shiva's bite will cause a sensation close to frostbite (haha). They are quick and agile, so Jonathan gets most of his battle techniques from them.

Theme song: Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah - Aly & A.J.

I hope it's not too much or too little so far, it's just that I had a lot of fun making this template.

Last edited:

Novaix

Taking Pictures of Aqua's magical child-bearing hi
Name: Angelo Reins

Job: The Pilot, in charge of navigating the ship and keeping course in battle.

Appearance: Angelo is a short teenager about 5.3 and looks younger than his age, he wears a brown and red jacket lined with gold cotton. his pants are light brown, long and flarey. His hair is a light shade of violet has spikes to the side, his eyes are small and brown. His clothes look like wizard robes but are very flexible for battle, his posture is usually a tall relaxed one showing him to be a free sprit. He always carries his book which is his Hallow artifact.

Weapon/s: Angelo carries a small pistol infused with air magic, he also has a large staff that is covered in an icy shell used to defend and whack oppoments with Ice magic. He is also skilled with ice and wind magics and can use them freely, making him a tough oppoment. He is also very skilled in martial arts and uses his magic to strengthen his moves.

Staff
Pistol

Personality: Angelo is a kind, witty, self-confident teen and he is a real morale raiser. At most times he is a free sprit and goes wherever destiny takes him. but in the heat of battle he is a powerful ally and will do anything to protect his friends. He seems distant when he flys the ship and stares off into he far away skies day dreaming. When it comes to piloting the ship he is the most skilled flyer in the skies. He finds the rest of teh crew role-models and imprives him self according to thier attitudes towards him.

History: Angelo studied aerodynamics at school when he was 12 and was top in his class making him the perfect candidate for any ship, 1 year later he went to an acadamy to study some more and again he was the top student, after 3 more years he was unmatched in the skies and joined the crew of Stormwing at the young age of 16, he grown to the ship and protects it with his life, it is his only home since he has no parents. Angelo's parents died when he was in the Flying Acadamy and he was saddened by his this loss, but knew his parents would want him to continue, the crew is like his 2nd family.

Hallows: Angelo has 2 Hallow's named Gabe and Luce, Gabe a snowy white owl that spends most of its time on Angelo's shoulder while he pilots the ship and is his best friend. In battle Gabe can make a gust of wind due to Angelo's magic and is a kind and friendly Hallow, Gabe never leaves Angelo's sight and protects his partner with a strong sense of pride and bravery. Luce is a black owl who likes to explore, she is Gabe's twin sister. Much like Gabe she will protect Angelo with her life, she can freeze enemies on the spot with her gust attack due to Angelo's magic. Angelo's charm is a book.

Theme song: The Prayer- Bloc Party

Last edited:

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Go on and post a profile, D2L. I like to have all my options- besides which, I'd like to wait until I can talk to Tob and confer with her about who's getting accepted.

And as for the Hallows, I'm going to point out that people always have multiple ones. Like Yuna with all her Aeons. Three or four is a general number, I guess.

afrobutt

Silver Member
Name: Cuno Altain

Job: Navigator/ Medic (I'm willing to change it if necessary)

Appearance: A tall man with long, gray hair tied into a ponytail behind his head. Wears a long red coat with various symbols inlaid upon it, and a plain black tank top. Wears ratty, bleached jeans along with black boots. Has dark blue eyes

Weapon/s: Dislikes fighting, instead choosing to use an excellent array of Healing magic, although he is quite skilled with a rapier.

Personality: Cuno is not one to be trusting. Having lived as a trader for most of his life, he finds it hard not to suspect dishonesty. Besides his Hallows and some of the crew, he trust's few others. These select few people know him as good listener, and can be quite fun when he lets himself. Tends to be stubborn, and argues often. Can't stand small talk.

History: Cuno doesn't know who his "true" parents are, he was found as an infant by a band of traders. In this part of his life, he lived with 14 other foster brothers and sisters. Growing up, he traveled all over the skies, learning the basics of Sky-travel and navigation. When he was 15, he settled in a small village for unknown reasons. At 20 he joined the crew, becoming the Navigator and chief medic.

Hallows: Cuno has two Hallows.

1) Vivian. A small, black kitten Cuno has had since infancy. Has never changed in the time Cuno has had her. Her abilities are unknown, but it has been suspected she has a positive effect on Cuno's healing potential. Resides within a ruby earring within Cuno's left ear.

2) Soren. A white serpent with golden eyes. Has rarely been heard talking, only in whisperings to Cuno. Able to see through any kind of weather, such as fog and rain, and can see miles away. Is channeled through a ring on Cuno's right hand, Index finger.

Theme song: Give me time for this one.

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Senior Leader's Course, Cold Lake Air Base, Albert
TAKE-TWO.

Name: Virgil DeWaal

Job: Breaking-and-entry. Also read as "Security Expert"

Appearance: Start with a six feet tall, lanky frame. Add two bright blue eyes semi-hidden between two circle lenses, mix in wild blue hair held back in a pony tail. Pour into a mold made of a navy-blue long-sleeved shirt, and a pair of khaki pants. Cover with a belt with a big metal and mythra belt buckle, inscribed with the word "Valor", and a sleeve-less vest in the same khaki, with the word "FREE" inscribed on the back. Finish off with a fingerless glove with a giant white "guard" perforated with three holes

Weapons: Whatever's handy works, but Virgil's back-up weapon is a hand-and-a-half Swordbreaker.

Personality: A thrill-seeker, and a seeker of adventure, Virgil isn't shy nor soft-spoken. Brash, decisive, intuitive and reckless, he's willing to jump in first, then ask questions with a sword-points asking. Bursting with controlled energy(Oxymoron?), Virgil can usually be found with a smile, sardonic or cheerful, and ready for anything, and ready to back up his crew.

History: Virgil was born as a technological savant, breaking into several "high-security" Mecha-locks with unsurpassed ease at the tender age of ten. Obviously, this made him unwanted by several of the business-minded. This in turn spurred challenges that Virgil could not find resistible, and thus tried his skills some more. Of course, being able to bypass tech security and all doesn't mean crap when you're caught by a human. You can easily imagine how punishment after that worked.

Rather than deal with him, his parents sent him to the Bel-Air of Valtara, the Stormwing. Yay, a cabin boy. At least he was able to display his more useful talents in "security", usually in disarming said security, and moved up in terms of respect and skill. On board the Stormwing, he learned various methods of defending oneself, and various social skills. Obviously, his own skill set was deemed useful enough to allow fore more time upon the Stormwing.

[OOC]You wanted a summary =D[/OOC]

Hallows: Virgil only has one hallow, a 200 pound panther of pure muscle. Summoned by the belt buckle on his pants.

Theme song: Keep the Flag Flying ~ Guilty Gear ACCENT CORE

Last edited:

Jopari

I think I'll give a bit of competition for the job as the pilot. So, here is my template:
~~~

Name:
Leighton Turinwald

Job: Pilot

Appearance: Leighton is tall despite the fact that the majority of his family is short and stands at about 5’ 9”. Even though he’s tall he suffers in the weight and muscle mass areas. His thin, but not stick-like. He doesn’t match the buff image that most people would have of the pilot of the Stormwing. He is tan however, and has deep brown eyes that match his tousled brown hair that he wears cut short. He normally wears a loose white cotton shirt under a brown leather vest. Black trousers complete the outfit along with a belt and boots that match in black leather and silver buckles.

Weapon/s: A double edged bastard sword. Knives for extreme close combat or moderate ranged combat.

Personality: Leighton is a great lover of the sky and the ships that traverse it, which is how he ended up being a pilot. As he grew up he began to imitate the traits of other pilots until they become natural. These traits make up his personality as a slick and cool pilot who remains calm under pressure. Despite the cool exterior he does have a very intense emotional state and is quick to show it whenever his ship is in danger.

Leighton lives for his job, and loves being in the sky more than anything else. He gets uncomfortable on the ground and can’t stand to be out of the air for much longer than a week. The freedom of the open air is what draws him to it, and being above everyone else has created a slightly arrogant trend towards people who have never flown or don’t like to fly.

History: Leighton was born in a port city to his mother and father, who were named Josephine and Mark respectively. The closeness of the skyships drew his attention throughout his life, and his father’s work at the port gave him close contact as he grew up. His parents encouraged his infatuation with the skyships and tried to steer him into the same career as his father as he aged.

However, from a young age Leighton had decided to be a skyship pilot. He’d decided this when he saw the way they were revered, especially the one’s who patrolled the sky for the law. His father’s job gave him ample opportunities to meet the pilots and he gathered knowledge from them. This piecemeal education allowed him to learn more when he finally gathered enough money to buy a sky skiff.

He learned how to fly and loved every minute he spent in the air. Despite his different career choice his parents allowed him to start a small business using his personal skiff. His deliveries allowed him to travel and gain experience piloting and making the rounds among other pilots.

Making a delivery to the capitol of his homeland he had the opportunity to take a tour on a skyship under construction. He took the tour and his guide was called away on an emergency. Making his way alone to the cockpit of the skyship he found preparing to steal the ship. Confronting her he almost raised the alarm on her, but taking the opportunity he offered to be her personal pilot. Making a deal he got them out of the port and into the clouds before anyone could think to stop them.

He stayed on as the pilot of the Stormwing to become the pilot his dreams and sees their current mission with the Princess to be the opportunity of a lifetime.

Hallows:
Leighton has three Hallows that he met at different points in his life. Each one represents part of him and he is as close to them as his family. He keeps the charms on a silver bracelet on his left wrist. They are listed below in the order that he acquired them:

Juli
Leighton’s first Hallow. He met her when he was five and had met the first pilot in his life. Juli takes the form of a small yellow canary with a silver beak. She’s not much for combat, but Leighton can call on her for an extra pair of eyes in the sky when he needs them. Her charm is a tiny silver bird cage.

Eero
The second Hallow that Leighton met. He received him shortly after buying his sky skiff. Eero takes the form of a hawk that stands at about waist height and has a wingspan of about the same. His talon’s are incredibly sharp and his feathers can cut through flesh easily. Eero is Leighton’s aerial combat Hallow. His charm is a silver talon.

Theron

Leighton’s third Hallow. He takes the form of a gryphon with golden fur and feathers that stands at waist height. Theron is Leighton’s guardian Hallow and the one that he calls upon in ground combat. Theron is his newest Hallow and has a charm in the form of a silver wing. He appeared after stealing the Stormwing.

Theme Song:
Asleep At The Wheel ~ A Change Of Pace

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Jesus, GoH, this thread's hoppin' already?!

Name: Rin Thracetar
Job: Mechanic
Appearance: ImageShack - Hosting :: rinyt4.jpg
Rin stands somewhere around 5", but it's been a while since she last checked. She's a bit lanky for a girl with some somewhat boyish muscles on her arms. Her dark gray overalls are unbuckled and hang over the lower part of her torso, revealing a sort of cool gray tanktop. Such is the nature of Rin's appearance. She is disorganized with belts, pockets, laces, tools; all attatched to her in a tangled mess, and yet, she knows exactly where everything is. On the belt that is loosely strapped around her waist hangs a small chain (like the ones attatched to rabit foot charms) with three "charms" hanging from it: a nut, a key, and a ribbon. Her hair is short, thin, blonde, and seldom tidy. It is also a rare occasion when Rin does not have some dark, messy substances all over her face and arms.
Weapon/s: Rin's a mechanic, not a fighter. Oh, wait. That's a lie. Luckily, wrenches, machetes, drills, and the like work for both. She has also taken a recent liking to the art of blowing things up via explosives.
Personality: Rin likes to come off as a confident badass. Unlike others who have to force such brash toughness, for Rin, it is more of a defensive default. Inside, she is girly, giggly, and sensitive to a fault, at times. She likes boy things, acts like a boy, half of the time, and has been accused of looking like one. However, her emotions are as feminine as they come. Her soul is overwhelmed with emotion and above all, love. Rin's passion for the things and people she loves is what drives her. So think twice about trodding carelessly over her compassionate sensitivities, or you may just find yourself with a broken jaw from the grease monkey, herself.
History: Rin had a normal, fluxuating middle-class life, growing up. She went to school, learned to summon her Hallows, and picked fights with the boys (oftentimes losing them, mind you, when her two older brothers weren't there to step in and calm her down. Damn those boys and their testosterone!). As she got older, her hobbies developed, among them being mechanics. Her parents and brothers supported her new-found passion (though her mother often tried to convince her to persue more feminine things) and helped her find work. However, after cussing out a number of bosses, Rin gave up finding a job in the city.
Instead, she found work on the Stormwing. It has been one year, since then.
Hallows: Razer
[A large bird, of sorts, Razer is covered in plumage halfway between feathers and scales, varying towards one or the other on certain parts of his body. For instance, the wings are covered in what more closely resembles feathers whereas the chest is covered in something more like scales. Razer displays a variety of colors, mostly including deep reds and washed-out grays. His eyes are small and black and his beak is black as well, a deadly thing. Around his ankles are a series of silver bangles. Razer's wings span approximately seven feet (from the end of one outstretched wing to the end of the other, that is) and when at full height, he is roughly as tall as Rin (which is hardly a difficult feat). Razer's strength lies primarily in his agility, but he is fully capable of dealing adecquate physical attacks, as well as "non-elemental" attacks. Razer resides in the old bolt on Rin's chain.]
Boomer
[A dark gray ram with faint streaks of blue in its fleece, Boomer has a black face as well as black legs. His horns are long and thick, twisted with sharp points at the end. The horns are black but have a sort of blue-green shimmer to them. Boomer uses elemental attacks (electricity, in particular) but has decent means for physical attacks, as well. Boomer is concealed in the ribbon tied to Rin's chain.]
Jagger
[Unlike Rin's other two Hallows, Jagger is substantially smaller than her. He comes in the form of a small crab. His shell is a pale, metallic gold color. Jagger deals mostly with curative spells, dealing with a bit of black magic, here and there, but his physical attacks aren't much to brag about. Rin would never get on without him, though. Jagger is kept in the key that hangs from Rin's chain.]
Theme song: YouTube - Come Here Boy

Lulz, might I mention that this is a bit of a male-chicken-fest, so far?

Last edited:

Wicked

absurdiam
Name: Chris Baker

Job: Quartermaster; almost equal to the captain. Quartermaster could punish minor offenses. The Quartermaster usually kept the records and account books for the ship. He also took part in all battles and often led the attacks by the boarding parties. If the party were successful, he decided what take from the other side if necessary. If the crew voted to take another ship the quartermaster would become the captain of this ship.

Appearance: http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r307/writer245/Anime/Craig.jpg – He often wears different color bandannas to match what he is wearing.

Weapon/s: Other than the dagger that is strapped to his left boot, Chris carries two samurai swords that are sheaved around his waist. He only uses both when it is necessary. Chris is deadly with the samurai sword and knows the art very well.

Personality: Chris is very loud but very serious when it comes to being the quartermaster of the ship. His friendly personality won’t stop him killing you if you get in his way. From his past, Chris was taught to kill if needed, he tends to take that out of proportion.

History: Chris has been with the Stormwing for 3 years but he hasn’t always been quartermaster. He took the position when the last past away 1 year ago. Before joining the Stormwing, Chris was part of a gang of air pirates known as Gukan. His father was part of the gang and unfortunately Chris born in the ways of pirates. Ever since he has been brought up using the art of the Gukan and earned the name of being one of the best fighters on the ship. Lots of people fear his name for he inherited the anger and berserk-like qualities of his father. When he turned eighteen Chris killed his father and lots of crew members of the Gukan clan out of anger and gave up his life as a pirate.

Hallows: Chris was blessed with three hallows,

Narrok – Narrok came to Chris on his forth birthday. Narrok takes the form of an elemental dragon using the element of wind. It is able to control the weather, which is quite handy while Chris is on the Stormwing. It resides on his Samurai swords.

Serptis - Resides on the charm that hangs from Chris’s neck, but isn’t a Hallow that Chris uses regularly. It takes the form of a sea serpent and has been trained to destroy. It sometimes takes control and doesn’t listen to what Chris says. It can’t last very long on land, is mostly meant for the water.

Sharp – Resides in the ear ring that Chris wears. A black creature that came to Chris when he was 23. It doesn’t have a physical form but can manipulate is shape with shadow. Sharp is a Shadow and can not be hurt by physical attacks.

Theme song:

I will edit the theme song when i actually find a song.

Last edited:

Jopari

Just felt like pointing this out to you, CandyMan. If you've been on the Stormwing for five years than you've been on a year longer than Arrow herself.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace

False Name: Ceon Tavar

Job: First-Mate

Appearance: http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs15/300W/i/2007/003/9/2/1k_thanks_by_Kruzack.jpg

Ceon is 5'8 and weighs only 175 lbs. A normal weight for a guy his size. His build is quite average being that he is not really muscular. About the muscular build of your average athlete. His skin is a tan color. He what your a perfect specimen of beauty with blond hair and blue eyes. His face holds a youthful appearance. He wears a long sleeve white t-shirt underneath a long white overcoat with gold lining. The shirt has orangish red designs while the coat has a gold design on the back extending from shoulder to shoulder.

A leather black strap is wrapped around his chest over his shirt. Around his left arm are various black leather straps. On his right arms sits a metal container holding his wirst blade. On his right shoulder is a metal shoulder pad, protecting his shoulder from damage. His pants are completely white and rolled up. Two black leathers straps are wrapped around the bottom keeping the pant flipped up and a red flame design on the bottom of his pants.

He has two black belts that wrapped around his waist, crossing each other like an x. At top of his left and right leg are two pouchs that contain his throwing knives. There a sheath on his left thigh that hold his dagger. On his feet are steel toed boots light enough for him to move at maximum speed, but strong enough to protect his feet.

Weapon/s:

Henskie: http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs5/i/2004/361/b/4/freaksmg_stock___dagger_by_freaksmg_stock.jpg

Wrist-Blade: Ceon's wrist blade is used as his main weapon along with his dagger.

Throwing Knives: Ceon is skilled with throwing knives. He is as accurate as someone with a bow and arrow. HIs knives are strong enough to penetrate steel. Though is something was to happen to his other weapons, these knives can double as daggers.
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs8/300W/i/2005/336/7/0/Throwing_Knives_by_egoncalo.jpg

Martial Arts: Ceon has mastered Karate and Kung-fu. He's extremely good martial artist. Quick and agile, Ceon is hard to hit.

Black magic: Ceon only has a talent for fire magic. He knows powerful fire magic.

Personality: Ceon is confident, but without being cocky. He never second-guesses himself, and makes it a priority to be informed and to be right. He seems to have a sadistic sense of humor at times. He can be just as manipulative as the next person. He's always cool and calm, making it almost impossible to put pressure on him, in or out of battle. It also seems like he's always one step ahead...

History: Will be explained during the rp.

Hallows: Ceon has three Hallow. The closet Hallow to him is Syra.

Syra (Female): Syra resides in a charm that hangs around his neck. He obtained this Hallows around age 4. Syra is a lion.
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs25/300W/i/2008/039/6/f/Lioness_by_Aki__Tenraku.jpg

Meru (Male): Meru resides in his dagger. He obtained Meru around age 15 during a terrible accident. Meru is a wolf.
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs20/300W/i/2007/285/6/e/Lyanti_Wolf_of_Eclipse_by_PearlEden.jpg

Kina (Female): Kina resides in a tribal tattoo on Ceon's chest. She was obtained very recently when they were asked to help the princess. Kina is a Winged Horse.
http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs5/300W/i/2004/364/d/b/Pegasus_by_RyouGirl.jpg

Theme song: Time of Dying - Three Days Grace

Last edited:
T

Tyler Durden

Hey GoH, can my character be a member of the Royal Guard, sent with y'all on your little journey?

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
GoH and I are sorting things out. Part of it's my fault, as I've been busier than I anticipated. However, I can promise that there will be some serious activity this weekend, at least on my part. Naturally, GoH gets the final say on everything, but if need-be, I'll probably be able to relay any message that she is unable to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back