• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theft by Taking~Requesting Information

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxLimitlessxx

About two months ago I was charged with a felony theft by taking of exactly $500. I was sent to jail for two nights then made bond. I got my court date today two weeks from now. My questions is what kind of sentence I could get for this? Would it be probation or jail time? It is my first offense and have nothing else on my record. I also agreed to pay the money back and have a job full time and plan on going into school the same month. Will that factor into any of their decisions? I would like some serious answers, I'm actually really nervous about this since I've never been in trouble and hope to do everything I cna to get this dropped. I reside in Georgia by the way.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Unfortunately I don't know specifics for your location, but I can tell you some general things. First off, being a first offense plays a major part in the decision. Reasoning for taking the money will have its own impact, as well, but most likely not as much as other areas. The fact that you have a stable paid job and plan to return to education will be a very large deciding factor as well. If anything at most, I'd daresay you may get 100 hours of community service plus the repayments of the $500.

xxxLimitlessxx

Thanks Shinkiro. I know they set me on a payment plan for 12 months, but my public defender said I would have a better chance if I came in with as much as I could save up to the court meeting and try to work something.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Well the chances are that you'll only have to repay what you took, anyway. I really don't think they can charge you with damages or anything else.

Ðari

the crown is heavy
Staff member
Awards
Likely probation or community service.

Namely because, if your up on your 'criminal justice' its undeserving of incarceration pending on the severity of the offense. Pretty sure you won't get any government job now (that sucks, because its on your SSN too) If anything jailtime (if its anything like the municipality up here) converts into whatever debt or dues you basically create, which can also be weeded out into either house arrest, or community service since your penalty isn't even THAT serious, could've been burglary, armed robbery, and the like for either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back