• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Theory for Kingdom Hearts Phase 3 (KH4, DDD2, Project Xehanort)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KeyChan93

Awards
Hey y'all, new member here! The ReMind secret ending and the loose plot threads are DRIVING ME CRAZY, and just had to theorize with fellow Keybladers on here. (SPOILERS and THEORIES AHOY!)

So I believe it is pretty obvious that Luxord is in Yozora's World (whatever it is Verum Rex or Shibuya, it's address it as Yozora's World until verification) at the Secret Ending. Voice actor credits match the character we know as Luxord in both English and Japanese. It is looking like [B][U]Yozora is the alternative Sora,[/U][/B] [B][U]Luxord is the alternative Ignis[/U][/B] and [B][U]Demyx is possibly Prompto[/U][/B] (due to their energy and passions for art - music & photography respectively). We'll see how the parallels play out in future KH games.

My theory is that Yozora, Luxord and Demyx were ordered to cross Worldlines to find the Black Box by THE Master of Masters when he arrives in Verum Rex/Shibuya/whatever. They mastered Keyblades during their adventures. Luxord and Demyx end up in the Union X and learn about the shortcomings of The Book of Prophecies firsthand. Xemnas mentions that they have an "ancient Keyblade legacy" in KH3 but we have not seen them in those roles yet.

Luxord and Demyx end up in the Organization to keep an eye on Luxu/Xigbar when he finds the Box in KH-verse and return it to MOM. Yozora goes MIA in another world lines (with those sidekicks from the Toy Box trailer).

Luxu, now compromised, believed his student Xehanort would usher in a new Keyblade War. He believes that was the only way to bring MOM & The Foretellers home. Only he has ushered in more conflict. Luxu’s faith in MOM is lost and maybe believes that he is suited to reshape destiny.

Perhaps MOM tested his apprentices to challenge their convictions to “believe in what they see, not what they hear” as MOM told Xehanort in ReMind. However, the apprentices failed that task and started Keyblade War 2.0 (or whatever it is in the Union Cross/Back Cover). They have been adamant about following their roles to the LETTER (besides Ava) and those conflicting roles lead to chaos amongst the factions.

The theme of the games has always been “trust your heart / believe in your friends / may your heart be your guiding key."

I believe by the KH3 Epilogue, the Foretellers have been corrupted by darkness and what forces they have encountered in the past. Luxu recording the future through the Gazing Eye was a way for the MOM to know how the KH-verse was doing, no matter where he was. The Lost Master sees all of the pain and destruction, the worlds falling to darkness and Xehanort’s rise to power.

The Master sees Sora, an unlikely hero who defied fate by getting a Keyblade, as the promise to make things right.

With Luxu and the Foretellers compromised and exposed to the darkness (since their names are latin for various sins), the Master of Masters knows that Sora will be the key to defeating his former students. However, Sora is not strong enough to battle them with him disappearing after KH3.

Jumping to ReMind now:

Sora hops a world line after abusing the Power of Waking. He meets Yozora, who is supposed to “save him” as per MOM's direction. I think Yozora found the Black Box and opened it, exposing himself to the sin of XSuper (Pride). His heart has been replaced by another as The Nameless Star (Yozora’s Kairi/Stella/Luna) said. His pride, his ego has replaced a once-generous heart. Thinking he can achieve what Sora’s destined to do, he fights Sora and tries to take his role in the MOM’s grand design.

To be clear, I don't think Yozora has the box. I believe he discovered it and failed to be "strong of heart" and opened the box. The Black Box disappeared soon after.
Yozora’s red-and-blue eye color reflect his inner conflict. He will be struggling to meet the Master of Masters' demands as he feels superior to Sora. With the love of his life (Nameless Star) in another worldline and having to set aside his ego to save a carefree boy he doesn't know, it will be Yozora's personal struggle. "Why him, not me to save the worldlines?"

Yozora becomes the new KH1 Riku. Only deadlier and with a sexy voice.

Going forward into the future story, Sora will be trained by Yozora, Luxord and Demyx to wield his Keyblade once more. Heartless and a form of darkness incarnate will be the enemies in Yozora's World. Something more dangerous than Sora has encountered previously. Which is way, Yozora defeats Sora and crystallizes him to preserve him as they go back to Yozora's World.

The Master of Masters will test Sora’s convictions and of course our hero will rise to the occasion. The Master of Masters, at this point is a mere heart without a body due to him fading to different worldlines. Reason why he doesn't take off the black coat is because he doesn't have a body anymore. Until the darkness (as MOM described in his Union X flashback) is extinguished, he cannot return home. All the worldlines are threatened by this malicious force that is so interchangeable (Heartless, Nobodies, etc) that Keybladers became the norm for combatting this evil. This evil comes from the pride / envy / lust / greed / sloth / wrath / gluttony in all hearts. Darkness is "only a label to evil, it is how you control it that matters" as we have seen in Riku's character arc.

Sora is the new hope that The Master of Masters lost throughout the many decades he has lived. MOM lost hope that people can truly connect together and hid the true Kingdom Hearts away in the Black Box that would bind every world, worldline together in a union. He hopes to[B][U] Reconnect Kingdom Hearts.[/U][/B]

Yozora’s pride consumes him into a pawn of darkness and fights Sora before he returns home to KH-verse. Sora defeats him and Yozora’s death (yes, death is permanent in Yozora's World) will be the REMINDER to not fall to your weakness of heart.

KH4, Sora returns home with Riku and Kairi (probably in DDD2) to fight the Fallen Masters and reclaim the Black Box for The Master of Masters. Sora is joined by his Disney pals and travels new worlds (I got a list of hopes) to find the Box and defeat the Fallen Masters.

Thanks for reading! Fingers crossed that we will get a concise narrative that ties in the rich tapestry of themes and motifs already presented to us! And I hope this crazy saga gets a conclusion before I am old and have to theorize [B]Kingdom Hearts 10.8 - Dark Dream Over Time and Distance HD Remind[/B] to my grandkids in 50+ years!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Welcome to KHInsider! Please remember to tag your spoilers. If you click the little “...” icon, a drop down box will appear with a spoiler box option.

Back