• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: I believe the DS is the alpha and omega, no one else.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanQuattrus

Near the beginning of the BBS video, right as Terra charges forward to attack MX while Ven and Aqua stay back, MX appears to "refract" into two identical beings. One of these then changes form into the DS.

Here's my idea: Whoever Master Xehanort's apprentice is, I do not believe the DS is he. I know that the teaser info for BBS says something like "three keyblade wielders go searching for a missing master and his apprentice", would someone please confirm if said "missing master" is specifically identified as Master Xehanort? I would think it is but if that's not technically confirmed, it may open up other ideas. Anyway...

Rather, I believe that the DS is some sort of being that possessed Master Xehanort. For sake of argument, I will henceforth refer to this being as the "Thing", since I have no better way to describe it. In so possessing Master Xehanort, the Thing retained - or took on - Master Xehanort's appearance as an old man, and so whoever encountered it had no reason to question that it was anything other than the true Master Xehanort.

When VAT go to challenge "Master Xehanort", the Thing produces the doppelganger of itself that we identify as "DS" or "Dark Soldier", which appears in either its true form, or as a visual hybrid of its true form and a human form.
Why? Well, if it was only because of the circumstances, then perhaps reasoned that with one body - the MX form - it would not be able to defeat the three keyblade wielders at once.
How? For this, I have two ideas:
1.) The Thing, upon either possessing a host long enough or possessing a host with great power - or both - develops and expands its abilities, and one of these abilities may be to produce an illusory replica of itself.
2.) The creepier idea: The Thing, as part of its "lifecycle", possesses a being for so much time, or with so much power, or both, that - upon reaching maturation - it produces an offspring, which may be visually identical to the parent or may be a hybrid of the parent Thing and that parent's host. If this is the case, I believe the DS we see in the video is the newly formed offspring of the parent Thing, who by this time has completely subsumed Master Xehanort's mind and body.

After the end of the video I naturally stray into pure speculation, but allow me to build on some popular ideas: One thought that has been bandied about for some time is that Terra becomes the "Xehanort" we are familiar with in KH1, CoM, and KH2. For purposes of this theory, I will assume that this is indeed the case. Here's what I'm thinking: The Thing's offspring - let's just name it the "Offspring" to differentiate it from its parent - instinctually intends to carry on its natural lifecycle, which means obtaining a host much the same as the Thing did before it. Here are the facets of my idea:

1.) The Offspring possesses Terra, as the Thing possessed Master Xehanort.
2.) The Offspring and the Thing were both able - along with any more of their "species" that may exist - to possess the people they do because of existing darkness within their respective host's hearts. I suspect Terra has significant darkness lingering within him, judging by his seemingly rash behavior, quickness to anger/rage, and of course the yellowing of his eyes at the end of the video.
3.) Because of this, I believe that a person whose heart is full of much light - Sora, for example, or any of the PoH's - would likely not be susceptable to possession by these beings; they require darkness in their hosts hearts to spiritually weaken the hosts to a state in which they are susceptible, or perhaps darkness in a person's heart is what they feed on, making a light-filled heart devoid of value. Riku, on the other hand, would be a perfect candidate.
4.) I do not believe that the Thing or its Offspring are heartless. I know that no heartless exist before Ansem and Xehanort produce them in Radiant Garden, which takes place well after BBS. However, I do believe that these beings prey on darkness, and in fact the existence of heartless may be a by-product of their actions.
5.) VAT are eventually able to defeat and destroy Master Xehanort, killing the Thing. The Offspring remains alive and well.
6.) Upon possessing Terra, the Offspring battles with Ven and Aqua. Where this battle begins I don't know, but apparently it ends in Radiant Garden - remember that as the story goes, "people with weapons of keys appear and do battle, and when they were gone, Xehanort remained, unaware of his own identity".
7.) So Ven and Aqua are gone at this point, either dead, otherwise beaten, or just MIA. What's left is the Offspring, newly arrived on Radiant Garden, who is found and cared for by Ansem the Wise.
8.) The Offspring identifies itself to Ansem as "Xehanort" but says it cannot recall anything else about itself or its life. I believe that the Offspring retains a form of genetic memory after separating from its parent, and calls itself by the name its parent's host used - and from here, one of three possibilities: a) it may not have been initially mentally mature enough to offer much other information; b) the Offspring was fully intelligent by this point, but deliberately lied to Ansem about not remembering its history so as to quietly set up shop on Radiant Garden, or c) the Offspring was beaten into enough of a weakened state by Ven and Aqua that it may have only barely survived, but lost its memories in the process of battle and recovery.
9.) I believe C is likeliest, as this would explain why the "memories of Xehanort" appears as a line in the first video, and seems to be an important theme. Moving on...
10.) The fact that the Offspring - now "Xehanort" - is merely a powerful dark being disguised as a human would explain why Ansem describes him as having extraordinary, almost "superhuman" abilities.
11.) "Xehanort", due to its nature as a predator on the darkness within hearts and perhaps eager to find a way to maximize his "feeding potential", starts work with Ansem and his other assistance on studying the heart, the story of which we know already. Xehanort is amazed when these experiments produce a thing called the "heartless".
12.) Xehanort volunteers himself as a test subject, perhaps knowing full well what will happen, or at least having an idea. Xehanort, in addition to already being whatever his species is, becomes a heartless. This may explain why he/it was able to retain human form and structured mind whereas other heartless become mindless monsters. Already comfortable with the idea of assuming others' identites for its own protection, Xehanort goes by the name "Ansem" and banishes the real article. The production of the nobody who will become Xemnas is incidental and not a part of his plan.
13.) Happy with having new powers and the command of an army of dark monsters, but no longer in possession of a true physical form, Xehanort uses his newfound freedom to grow in power, and search the universe for a powerful being whose heart is full of darkness, to serve as a potential host for itself. It does this because it maintains the natural instinct to continue its lifecycle and reproduce.
14.) Xehanort finds and possesses Riku. At first, the change is gradual; Riku still looks like Riku, but is wearing his dark heartless costume. In other words, he is dressed as the Offspring itself was once garbed in its own infancy. The suit now bears the heartless logo on its chest as a sign of the Offspring's mutation into a Thing/heartless hybrid.
15.) From here, Xehanort eventually takes back the physical appearance that we are familiar with, which is actually a twisted version of Terra's appearance, with a variant of the clothing worn by its parent's host. Had it not been defeated outwardly by Sora, inwardly by Riku, and later permanently destroyed by Ansem's coding machine blasting Kingdom Hearts, it would have eventually produced an offspring of its own to continue the horrible cycle.

Now, the dark, devil-looking enemies that Terra is seen battling in several screenshots - for argument, I'll call them the "Brood", as my theory makes them sound like a colony of insects - we know that they are neither heartless nor nobody, as neither of these exist yet in the time of BBS. I think they may be related to the Thing and its Offspring: perhaps they are lesser types of whatever the Thing is. Or perhaps they are a sort of incomplete offspring that the Thing produces, before it has matured enough to be able to produce the complete Offspring that takes the form of the DS - maybe the little ones are like insect drones while the Offspring is meant to take up position as the King of the colony. In short, I believe that the Brood prey on darkness in people's hearts, but they are not necessarily composed of darkness themselves, and they certainly are not the same thing as heartless. The Brood are some sort of cosmological parasite, and the greatest of them leads to the creation of all heartless and nobodies merely through the pursuit of its own agenda. Perhaps the Brood and the keyblade wielders originally had nothing to do with eachother, but upon discovering keyblade wielders - who have, by definition, extremely strong hearts, whether filled with light or darkness - the Brood sees them as an attractive food source.

I believe that this Brood went into hiding, or maybe hibernation, during Xehanort's heartless reign, as he didn't need them once he controlled the heartless.

I believe that the Brood, or what remains of it in Sora's time, are the so-called "true enemy" that will be revealed in Coded. Why are they acting up now, after remaining dormant for over a decade? Perhaps now that Xehanort is dead, they have no more master to hold them down - or maybe now that Xehanort is not here to lead the Brood into domination - they have awakened and intend to recreate a new King, as all that remain are drones, and they need a King to continue the colony's lifecycle. If true, this would make them the true bad guys behind all trouble in the KH universe.

So what about Ven and Aqua, then? Because we know the central theme of BBS will be "discovering Ven's identity", right? Hmm... I don't know. Maybe Ven is connected to the Thing and its species. I do believe that perhaps he sealed part of himself into his keyblade, though - this keyblade would later find its way to Riku, and then immediately change hands to Sora (after changing form into the Kingdom Key, of course). This would explain why Sora's nobody resembles Ven rather than Sora. As for Aqua, well, we all know about her nobody possibly being #14, I won't go into it here.

Hmm... maybe Master Xehanort, upon being possessed by the Thing, attempted to, or succeeded in, killing Xehanort's apprentice. Or maybe Ven is Master Xehanort's apprentice. We don't know how long Ven has known Aqua or Terra, they may not meet until during BBS - and it would explain the notion of searching for Ven's identity. In fact, perhaps in their day a formal one-to-one system exists for masters and apprentices - maybe Terra is, if not technically a "master", then the senior-most knight of the three, and Aqua is his only formal apprentice, and Ven joins them out of circumstance.

So that's my theory. What do you think?

Last edited:

>CrossBlades<

Dude no offence to you at all. I'm sure it took you a while to work out and its most likely better than something I could cook up but...
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! THE!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t know where to start with the flaws of that theory.

1st- WHAT THE F*CK
2nd- The whole thing would be WAY WAY WAY (x1000) too hard to understand (especially younger players)
3rd- Ven could NEVER be related to the "Thing's" species because he would've how you say "possessed someone" by then.
4th- Way to Dawn and Kingdom Key are TWO separate keyblades!!! Why would the Way to Dawn just all of a sudden "turn into" the Kingdom Key for Sora and vice versa for Riku.
5th- (Refers to 5th) Ven couldnt have sealed part of himself into his keyblade because Ven picks up the Way to Dawn keyblade NOT the Kingdom Key. Terra picks up the KK.
6th- Terra chose Riku to weild the KK. (example: in KHFM+ Terra says to Sora "your not the one I CHOSE") so if anything, Sora would be receiving part of Terra not Ven.
7th- When Riku has the DS clothing on it has a Heartless insignia because Xehanort offered himself as a test for the heartless producing machine that Ansem made. This used the insignia to prove it was not a true heartless. So the "Thing" couldn't have changed into a heartless.
8th-
3.)I believe that a person whose heart is full of much light - Sora, for example, or any of the PoH's - would likely not be susceptible to possession by these beings; they require darkness in their hosts hearts to spiritually weaken the hosts to a state in which they are susceptible, or perhaps darkness in a person's heart is what they feed on, making a light-filled heart devoid of value. Riku, on the other hand, would be a perfect candidate.
If these things needed to weaken them spiritually to MAKE them susceptible, the HOW THE HELL did they "possess" them in the first place?
9th- EVERY PERSON in the Kh universe has darkness in their heart EVEN Sora. (except of course the PoHs)
10th- If Xehanort is even related to any of the people in BBS, OF COURSE he’s gonna have “supernatural” abilities. Sora and Co. use magic all the f*cking time!!! Also Ansem is a SCIENTIST so of course he's gonna think its "supernatural".
11th- For the DS (Or how you say the "Offspring") to wield a keyblade it has to be HUMAN with a heart.
And 12th- Alpha and Omega means Beginning and End which pretty much means God, and I don't think that the DS is God.

Of course I wont blame you if you hate me by now. I would too. I envy your way to think this stuff up, creativity will get you a long way in life. Like I said I wouldn't even get close to putting all this together. To every one else sorry for such a long post. (I didn't wanna DP)

Last edited:

UrbanQuattrus

2nd- The whole thing would be WAY WAY WAY (x1000) too hard to understand (especially younger players)

Given the vast amount of fans tossing complex theories around on the internet, I don't think fans being "too young to understand" is a problem for the writers.

3rd- Ven could NEVER be related to the "Thing's" species because he would've how you say "possessed someone" by then.

I should have worded that better, I didn't necessarily mean he was one of them.

4th- Way to Dawn and Kingdom Key are TWO separate keyblades!!! Why would the Way to Dawn just all of a sudden "turn into" the Kingdom Key for Sora and vice versa for Riku.

I wasn't talking about Way to Dawn. The Kingdom Key was originally intended for Riku; once it arrived it sensed that Riku was giving in to the darkness, so it immediately switched to the runner-up, Sora.

5th- (Refers to 5th) Ven couldnt have sealed part of himself into his keyblade because Ven picks up the Way to Dawn keyblade NOT the Kingdom Key. Terra picks up the KK.

I wasn't talking about the old keyblades they pick up, I meant Ven's personal keyblade.

6th- Terra chose Riku to weild the KK. (example: in KHFM+ Terra says to Sora "your not the one I CHOSE") so if anything, Sora would be receiving part of Terra not Ven.

My theory has nothing to do with Terra's choice; my speculation is that Ven's keyblade is the one that originally goes to Destiny Islands for Riku, and instead winds up in Sora's hands. Maybe Terra chose Riku to have Ven's keyblade and not his own, for all we know.

7th- When Riku has the DS clothing on it has a Heartless insignia because Xehanort offered himself as a test for the heartless producing machine that Ansem made. This used the insignia to prove it was not a true heartless. So the "Thing" couldn't have changed into a heartless.

I think you misunderstood me. I said that the DS suit was originally just a part of DS, and when it became a heartless, it combined elements of the two into the suit that Riku wears. And an emblem heartless is still a heartless, regardless of whether it was synthetically produced or not.

8th-
If these things needed to weaken them spiritually to MAKE them susceptible, the HOW THE HELL did they "possess" them in the first place?

By "spiritually weak" I meant their hearts were full of darkness. That's how they would possess dark-hearted people.

9th- EVERY PERSON in the Kh universe has darkness in their heart EVEN Sora. (except of course the PoHs)

Then why don't they ALL become heartless? Some people have a lot more darkness than others.

10th- If Xehanort is even related to any of the people in BBS, OF COURSE he’s gonna have “supernatural” abilities. Sora and Co. use magic all the f*cking time!!! Also Ansem is a SCIENTIST so of course he's gonna think its "supernatural".

You didn't take notice of the fact that Ansem is already living in a world full of people who can use magic, did you? So whether "scientific" or not it would appear commonplace. Whatever abilities Xehanort is supposed to have that make him "supernatural" is not elaborated on in the reports but it would have to be something well out of the ordinary compared to even the fantastic stuff that many people are capable of. For example, Sora can use "blizzard" magic, but he can't freeze enemies solid like MX does. He can't teleport or bilocate like MX does. He can't telekinetically alter giant swaths of terrain like MX does. Maybe Xehanort displays aptitude for some of these things.

11th- For the DS (Or how you say the "Offspring") to wield a keyblade it has to be HUMAN with a heart.

Maybe it has one. We don't know what these things are. Plus, his keyblade doesn't have a chain, and we know there is speculation that keyblades without chains are only immitations.

And 12th- Alpha and Omega means Beginning and End which pretty much means God, and I don't think that the DS is God.

Just because the phrase occurs in a relatively well-known phrase in the Bible doesn't mean I'm referring to God. I do mean that it was the beginning of all the trouble, and that I think it will be the last final boss of the whole series.

Of course I wont blame you if you hate me by now. I would too. I envy your way to think this stuff up, creativity will get you a long way in life. Like I said I wouldn't even get close to putting all this together, and I reckon its great that you put your opinion out there. To every one else sorry for such a long post. (I didn't wanna DP)

I was getting a bit mad and was going to tell you to calm the hell down, but flattering my ego is a good way to make me forgiving... Anyway, as my answers explain I think you just misunderstood a few key points, which may be my fault for poor wording.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
You do realize that the "M" in MX means Master right? I'm not sure, but if you're a master, that pretty much makes you nobody's bitch.

Just quoting myself for emphasis.

No, it's not confirmed that MX and DS are the missing master and apprentice, but it's implied.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I Think that this is possible, it combines some other theories together. I like the whole posession thing and offspring bit. good job

Athaydea

Bronze Member

Just quoting myself for emphasis.

No, it's not confirmed that MX and DS are the missing master and apprentice, but it's implied.

in 2 of the BBS trailer summaries .. it said that Mx and Dx are the missing master and apprentice.. and though that is not direct confirmation .. i would think that if it said so in the trailer .. then its pretty much confirmed wouldnt yah say??

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards
This theory has already been said before, except with much less detail. Still, good job.

Soldier Terra

I think someone said this theory before, but it's still nice. You lacked some proof on the part where you said Ven was the same being as the "thing". Wouldn't he have to possess someone for him to be a "thing"?

UrbanQuattrus

in 2 of the BBS trailer summaries .. it said that Mx and Dx are the missing master and apprentice.. and though that is not direct confirmation .. i would think that if it said so in the trailer .. then its pretty much confirmed wouldnt yah say??

I figured that MX is the missing master, I just wanted to see if it was technically confirmed. (For now I'm still not so sure that DS is the missing apprentice.)

I think someone said this theory before, but it's still nice. You lacked some proof on the part where you said Ven was the same being as the "thing". Wouldn't he have to possess someone for him to be a "thing"?

I didn't mean to suggest that Ven was one of the things, that was poor wording on my part. When I said "related" I just meant maybe he had some sort of previous history with them.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Near the beginning of the BBS video, right as Terra charges forward to attack MX while Ven and Aqua stay back, MX appears to "refract" into two identical beings. One of these then changes form into the DS.

Here's my idea: Whoever Master Xehanort's apprentice is, I do not believe the DS is he. I know that the teaser info for BBS says something like "three keyblade wielders go searching for a missing master and his apprentice", would someone please confirm if said "missing master" is specifically identified as Master Xehanort? I would think it is but if that's not technically confirmed, it may open up other ideas. Anyway...

Rather, I believe that the DS is some sort of being that possessed Master Xehanort. For sake of argument, I will henceforth refer to this being as the "Thing", since I have no better way to describe it. In so possessing Master Xehanort, the Thing retained - or took on - Master Xehanort's appearance as an old man, and so whoever encountered it had no reason to question that it was anything other than the true Master Xehanort.

...Too many people are assuming that the DS coming from MX is canon... It can easily be foreshadowing the fusion of MX and DS... Not everything in the secret endings are canon...

I am assuming you are saying that MX isn't truely as old as he appears in BBS...? That he only looks old because the DS "possessed" him...? That seems a rather large leap, imo...

When VAT go to challenge "Master Xehanort", the Thing produces the doppelganger of itself that we identify as "DS" or "Dark Soldier", which appears in either its true form, or as a visual hybrid of its true form and a human form.

See above...

Why? Well, if it was only because of the circumstances, then perhaps reasoned that with one body - the MX form - it would not be able to defeat the three keyblade wielders at once.

This is simply my opinion, but MX seemed hella stronger than the DS could dreamed to ever be...

How? For this, I have two ideas:
1.) The Thing, upon either possessing a host long enough or possessing a host with great power - or both - develops and expands its abilities, and one of these abilities may be to produce an illusory replica of itself.
2.) The creepier idea: The Thing, as part of its "lifecycle", possesses a being for so much time, or with so much power, or both, that - upon reaching maturation - it produces an offspring, which may be visually identical to the parent or may be a hybrid of the parent Thing and that parent's host. If this is the case, I believe the DS we see in the video is the newly formed offspring of the parent Thing, who by this time has completely subsumed Master Xehanort's mind and body.

I have nothing to say to this... Some of these ideas are so far outside the box, it isn't funny... =/

After the end of the video I naturally stray into pure speculation, but allow me to build on some popular ideas: One thought that has been bandied about for some time is that Terra becomes the "Xehanort" we are familiar with in KH1, CoM, and KH2. For purposes of this theory, I will assume that this is indeed the case. Here's what I'm thinking: The Thing's offspring - let's just name it the "Offspring" to differentiate it from its parent - instinctually intends to carry on its natural lifecycle, which means obtaining a host much the same as the Thing did before it. Here are the facets of my idea:

I don't even see how this could even be concidered "KH" anymore... It's just so...

1.) The Offspring possesses Terra, as the Thing possessed Master Xehanort.
2.) The Offspring and the Thing were both able - along with any more of their "species" that may exist - to possess the people they do because of existing darkness within their respective host's hearts. I suspect Terra has significant darkness lingering within him, judging by his seemingly rash behavior, quickness to anger/rage, and of course the yellowing of his eyes at the end of the video.
3.) Because of this, I believe that a person whose heart is full of much light - Sora, for example, or any of the PoH's - would likely not be susceptable to possession by these beings; they require darkness in their hosts hearts to spiritually weaken the hosts to a state in which they are susceptible, or perhaps darkness in a person's heart is what they feed on, making a light-filled heart devoid of value. Riku, on the other hand, would be a perfect candidate.
4.) I do not believe that the Thing or its Offspring are heartless. I know that no heartless exist before Ansem and Xehanort produce them in Radiant Garden, which takes place well after BBS. However, I do believe that these beings prey on darkness, and in fact the existence of heartless may be a by-product of their actions.
5.) VAT are eventually able to defeat and destroy Master Xehanort, killing the Thing. The Offspring remains alive and well.
6.) Upon possessing Terra, the Offspring battles with Ven and Aqua. Where this battle begins I don't know, but apparently it ends in Radiant Garden - remember that as the story goes, "people with weapons of keys appear and do battle, and when they were gone, Xehanort remained, unaware of his own identity".
7.) So Ven and Aqua are gone at this point, either dead, otherwise beaten, or just MIA. What's left is the Offspring, newly arrived on Radiant Garden, who is found and cared for by Ansem the Wise.
8.) The Offspring identifies itself to Ansem as "Xehanort" but says it cannot recall anything else about itself or its life. I believe that the Offspring retains a form of genetic memory after separating from its parent, and calls itself by the name its parent's host used - and from here, one of three possibilities: a) it may not have been initially mentally mature enough to offer much other information; b) the Offspring was fully intelligent by this point, but deliberately lied to Ansem about not remembering its history so as to quietly set up shop on Radiant Garden, or c) the Offspring was beaten into enough of a weakened state by Ven and Aqua that it may have only barely survived, but lost its memories in the process of battle and recovery.
9.) I believe C is likeliest, as this would explain why the "memories of Xehanort" appears as a line in the first video, and seems to be an important theme. Moving on...
10.) The fact that the Offspring - now "Xehanort" - is merely a powerful dark being disguised as a human would explain why Ansem describes him as having extraordinary, almost "superhuman" abilities.
11.) "Xehanort", due to its nature as a predator on the darkness within hearts and perhaps eager to find a way to maximize his "feeding potential", starts work with Ansem and his other assistance on studying the heart, the story of which we know already. Xehanort is amazed when these experiments produce a thing called the "heartless".
12.) Xehanort volunteers himself as a test subject, perhaps knowing full well what will happen, or at least having an idea. Xehanort, in addition to already being whatever his species is, becomes a heartless. This may explain why he/it was able to retain human form and structured mind whereas other heartless become mindless monsters. Already comfortable with the idea of assuming others' identites for its own protection, Xehanort goes by the name "Ansem" and banishes the real article. The production of the nobody who will become Xemnas is incidental and not a part of his plan.
13.) Happy with having new powers and the command of an army of dark monsters, but no longer in possession of a true physical form, Xehanort uses his newfound freedom to grow in power, and search the universe for a powerful being whose heart is full of darkness, to serve as a potential host for itself. It does this because it maintains the natural instinct to continue its lifecycle and reproduce.
14.) Xehanort finds and possesses Riku. At first, the change is gradual; Riku still looks like Riku, but is wearing his dark heartless costume. In other words, he is dressed as the Offspring itself was once garbed in its own infancy. The suit now bears the heartless logo on its chest as a sign of the Offspring's mutation into a Thing/heartless hybrid.
15.) From here, Xehanort eventually takes back the physical appearance that we are familiar with, which is actually a twisted version of Terra's appearance, with a variant of the clothing worn by its parent's host. Had it not been defeated outwardly by Sora, inwardly by Riku, and later permanently destroyed by Ansem's coding machine blasting Kingdom Hearts, it would have eventually produced an offspring of its own to continue the horrible cycle.

I can only compare this to trying to leap across the Pacific in a single bounce...

Now, the dark, devil-looking enemies that Terra is seen battling in several screenshots - for argument, I'll call them the "Brood", as my theory makes them sound like a colony of insects - we know that they are neither heartless nor nobody, as neither of these exist yet in the time of BBS. I think they may be related to the Thing and its Offspring: perhaps they are lesser types of whatever the Thing is.

Eh... Thought Nomura said they were heartless ancestors...

Or perhaps they are a sort of incomplete offspring that the Thing produces, before it has matured enough to be able to produce the complete Offspring that takes the form of the DS - maybe the little ones are like insect drones while the Offspring is meant to take up position as the King of the colony. In short, I believe that the Brood prey on darkness in people's hearts, but they are not necessarily composed of darkness themselves, and they certainly are not the same thing as heartless. The Brood are some sort of cosmological parasite, and the greatest of them leads to the creation of all heartless and nobodies merely through the pursuit of its own agenda. Perhaps the Brood and the keyblade wielders originally had nothing to do with eachother, but upon discovering keyblade wielders - who have, by definition, extremely strong hearts, whether filled with light or darkness - the Brood sees them as an attractive food source.

Pretty big leap, like the others...

I believe that this Brood went into hiding, or maybe hibernation, during Xehanort's heartless reign, as he didn't need them once he controlled the heartless.

Possibly...

I believe that the Brood, or what remains of it in Sora's time, are the so-called "true enemy" that will be revealed in Coded. Why are they acting up now, after remaining dormant for over a decade? Perhaps now that Xehanort is dead, they have no more master to hold them down - or maybe now that Xehanort is not here to lead the Brood into domination - they have awakened and intend to recreate a new King, as all that remain are drones, and they need a King to continue the colony's lifecycle. If true, this would make them the true bad guys behind all trouble in the KH universe.

Correction, Xehanort is not dead... With both his heartless and nobody destroied, he returns to his previous form...

So what about Ven and Aqua, then? Because we know the central theme of BBS will be "discovering Ven's identity", right?

I'm lead to believe the central theme is based more around exactly who Xehanort is/was... And what may be happening in the future...

Or maybe Ven is Master Xehanort's apprentice. We don't know how long Ven has known Aqua or Terra, they may not meet until during BBS - and it would explain the notion of searching for Ven's identity.

He isn't... TAV are apprentices to another master who sends them after a missing master and apprentice, who are probablly MX and DS...

In fact, perhaps in their day a formal one-to-one system exists for masters and apprentices - maybe Terra is, if not technically a "master", then the senior-most knight of the three, and Aqua is his only formal apprentice, and Ven joins them out of circumstance.

Again, they are all apprentices to an unrevealed master...

So that's my theory. What do you think?

Two things:
A)The theory is a huge leap of faith...
B)The theory strives so far from the central idea of KH, it isn't even funny...

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
Wow.
That was certainly creative. Your theory seems to be a mix of Biology and KH.
It was refreshing to see a theory that was so different than the rest.

UrbanQuattrus

...Too many people are assuming that the DS coming from MX is canon... It can easily be foreshadowing the fusion of MX and DS... Not everything in the secret endings are canon...

You're right, that shouldn't be forgotten. I only didn't bring it up for sake of speculation.

I am assuming you are saying that MX isn't truely as old as he appears in BBS...? That he only looks old because the DS "possessed" him...? That seems a rather large leap, imo...

No, I didn't mean that. I think that MX looked largely the same before and after possession.

This is simply my opinion, but MX seemed hella stronger than the DS could dreamed to ever be...

Especially true if MX's parasite was the fully-grown parent of the newly-spawned offspring. But if it IS the offspring, then it would have been born anyway, not necessarily just because MX was being attacked.

I have nothing to say to this... Some of these ideas are so far outside the box, it isn't funny... =/

Ha ha, looking at it a day after I posted it I'll be the first to admit it is way the hell out there. But I still think it's tenuously plausible.

I don't even see how this could even be concidered "KH" anymore... It's just so...

I can only compare this to trying to leap across the Pacific in a single bounce...

I've told this to people outside the forum and some of them have a somewhat similar reaction, I'm just grateful that people take the time to try to think about it. Like I say, I know it's way out there.

Eh... Thought Nomura said they were heartless ancestors...

Well, this could still be true, in a sense, if the parasite in Xehanort is responsible for creating the heartless. Especially if it feeds on darkness, and they are darkness...

Correction, Xehanort is not dead... With both his heartless and nobody destroied, he returns to his previous form...

This I know, but I think that the human that comes back may be finally free of possession - if my theory is correct, then it will be Terra.

I'm lead to believe the central theme is based more around exactly who Xehanort is/was... And what may be happening in the future...

I don't doubt this will be a big part, but Nomura said a big part of the game will be discovering Ven's identity.

He isn't... TAV are apprentices to another master who sends them after a missing master and apprentice, who are probablly MX and DS...

Truly? My error then. But we still don't know how long Ven has been with them or their master, or how long MX has been missing when they're sent after him.

Two things:
A)The theory is a huge leap of faith...

I agree, I'm going to have to borrow Hermes' winged sandals for this one.

B)The theory strives so far from the central idea of KH, it isn't even funny...

Well... call it "avant-garde", then. That should be the title of the fourth spin-off - "Kingdom Hearts: Avant-Garde."

Wow.
That was certainly creative. Your theory seems to be a mix of Biology and KH.
It was refreshing to see a theory that was so different than the rest.

Thank you! As some have said, some of these basic elements have been hinted at before, but I think I'm original for the most part. (This is what happens when you have a job where you do nothing but daydream for 8 hours a day.)

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
This I know, but I think that the human that comes back may be finally free of possession - if my theory is correct, then it will be Terra.

Actually, I think the human comes back how he/she was before becoming a heartless...

I agree, I'm going to have to borrow Hermes' winged sandals for this one.

lol...

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I'll try not to be abusive, but I have to point out some flaws in your theory:

The Heartless existed before Xehanort (and possibly Ansem the Wise) began experimenting with the Darkness of the Heart, after all, both Xehanort and Ansem the Wise find 'Natural Heartless' (Shadows) hidden deep underneath Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion, Xehanort just became interested in them and made Artificial Heartless and branded them with the Heartless Emblem, all of which 'Evolved' beyond the Shadow stage of the Heartless Life Cycle. All Shadows are Natural Heartless, because they bear no Emblem on their being, and that is usually as far as the Natural Heartless Lifecycle goes.

The Princesses of Heart are the only beings in the entire universe that have no Darkness in their Hearts, that is why they are called the Princesses of Heart. Sora on the other hand, is able to make a Heartless, but he has a strong Heart to resist their powers as well as a Keyblade to fight them off. As an extension of that, Riku would make an immensely powerful Heartless, probably even a humanoid one like Xehanort's Heartless, but he, like Sora, has a strong Heart and a Keyblade to fight off any Heartless

The Kingdom Key and Way to the Dawn ARE two separate Keyblades, WtD didn't 'change form' when it went to Sora, after all, It didn't change into WtD when the KK got back to Riku in Hollow Bastion during KH1. It always was the KK, and Riku's Soul Eater probably just changes to WtD in early-mid KH2

Ven most likely put part of his soul into A (so there's a neutrality and no confusion between WtD, KK or anyother weapon) Keyblade, that Keyblade then made it's way to Sora and transferred its Soul into Sora, and that's why Roxas looks exactly like Ven.

Other than those, and the fact that this explanation alone in 12 paragaphs is even more convoluted than the story of KH2 FM+ the fist time through, this theories fairly plausable.

UrbanQuattrus

I'll try not to be abusive, but I have to point out some flaws in your theory:

The Heartless existed before Xehanort (and possibly Ansem the Wise) began experimenting with the Darkness of the Heart, after all, both Xehanort and Ansem the Wise find 'Natural Heartless' (Shadows) hidden deep underneath Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion, Xehanort just became interested in them and made Artificial Heartless and branded them with the Heartless Emblem, all of which 'Evolved' beyond the Shadow stage of the Heartless Life Cycle. All Shadows are Natural Heartless, because they bear no Emblem on their being, and that is usually as far as the Natural Heartless Lifecycle goes.

I do believe you're right, that heartless existed in a natural state before Xehanort starting messing with them. However, I believe that while they naturally came into being on occasion, they never did so in such numbers or force to pose a significant threat - or worse, wipe out worlds and populations, as they are doing in Sora's time. So while I'm sure the heartless did exist during VAT's time, I don't think they were a significant concern, either to the good guys, Xehanort, or my proposed parasite.

The Princesses of Heart are the only beings in the entire universe that have no Darkness in their Hearts, that is why they are called the Princesses of Heart. Sora on the other hand, is able to make a Heartless, but he has a strong Heart to resist their powers as well as a Keyblade to fight them off. As an extension of that, Riku would make an immensely powerful Heartless, probably even a humanoid one like Xehanort's Heartless, but he, like Sora, has a strong Heart and a Keyblade to fight off any Heartless

Look at my subsequent posts, I clarified that I did not say Sora has no darkness. What I meant is that he has comparitively little, and so is likely not a suitable target for the parasite. Riku, on the other hand, had a very dark heart, at least in the beginning - by the end of KH2 I think he's largely rose above his own weaknesses.

The Kingdom Key and Way to the Dawn ARE two separate Keyblades, WtD didn't 'change form' when it went to Sora, after all, It didn't change into WtD when the KK got back to Riku in Hollow Bastion during KH1. It always was the KK, and Riku's Soul Eater probably just changes to WtD in early-mid KH2

Again, you didn't read, someone else already pointed this out and I clarified. I never mentioned the Way to Dawn. The Kingdom Key that Sora got at the beginning of KH1 was originally meant to go to Riku, but as soon as it arrived it sensed the dark in Riku's heart and switched to the next-best thing, Sora. That's the keyblade I was talking about.

Ven most likely put part of his soul into A (so there's a neutrality and no confusion between WtD, KK or anyother weapon) Keyblade, that Keyblade then made it's way to Sora and transferred its Soul into Sora, and that's why Roxas looks exactly like Ven.

That's exactly what I said.

Other than those, and the fact that this explanation alone in 12 paragaphs is even more convoluted than the story of KH2 FM+ the fist time through, this theories fairly plausable.

Ha ha, I know, I'm a sucker for convoluted theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back