• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[THEORY] Rage of the Unknown

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Hi.

This is me again being sparked into theorizing thanks to replaying KH2 on the PS4, lol.

But in all seriousness, this idea popped into my head thanks to these themes:
- Darkness of the Unknown, Xemnas' theme;
- Rage Awakened, Terra's theme;
- Fate of the Unknown, the secret ending theme.

Now, how to these songs relate? Well, let's assume that the "Unknown" part in those two themes relate to, at last hour, to Terra. Because, Xemnas was first introduced back in KHFM as the Unknown, so Darkness of the Unknown, besides being the theme that plays to him and we can make that obvious connection, it's also because he was named that when he was the optional superboss in KHFM. And Xemnas, to an extent, is Terra's Nobody (even though he was created from two hearts, he came from Terra's body). But who does Fate of the Unknown relate to? Well, to Terra! In the secret ending, even though we could make an argument about that Unknown also being Master Xehanort, back then, the real mystery was Apprentice Xehanort's identity, yet, we see someone VERY closely similar to him in appearance through Terra, AND his eyes turn from blue to yellow. So from all the mysteries introduced in that ending, Terra's was the most compelling.

The point of the song connection here is to sort of prove that the themes with "Unknown" in their title are related or connected to Terra in some way or another.

But where does this leave "Rage Awakened"? Well, remember back to the final hours of KH2 where Xemnas explicitally says and showcases how the only emotion he remembers is rage, and that he needs more rage. What is Lingering Will's theme called? Bingo. Rage Awakened. Terra's Armor even goes on a fit when he notices that Sora has the Keyblade that Riku was supposed to have. His rage awakened. The unknown's rage.

Which leads me to finally introduce the thesis of this topic: Terra isn't a separate member of the Xehanorganization, but is Xemnas himself.

Xemnas' memories are mostly that of Terra's. He calls Aqua's armor his friend. In the mean time he creates the Kingdom Hearts with people's heart, he's also on a search for the Chamber of Waking in Castle Oblivion. He must know this because of when Terranort tricked Aqua into teling her where Ven is back in "A Fragmentary Passage". Xemnas must not know who that friend in Castle Oblivion is, but he must have felt that he needed to seek him out, not just because of being a friend, but to most certainly remember his past, seeing as how Xemnas is still Apprentice Nort's Nobody, who was an amnesiac individual (Xehanort and Terra).

Also, it may be a possibility that Terranort could be part of the Organization, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's the reborn version of Terra when he became a Heartless and Nobody. Xemnas's eyes are still amber, and not yellow like Xigbar's, and you could argue that Xemnas should be the closest to be a Xehanort, yet he doesn't seem to be. Could it be because of Terra's influence? Xemnas was the one that talked about the body developing a heart, but what if Xemnas is just an amnesiac Terra back in his body, which Xehanort is manipulating, seeing as how he's busy directly controlling Young Xehanort?

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Xehanort did hint that Terra is apart of the Organization, but it would make sense for Xehanort to not use Terra himself, as Terra was able to fight back. I think it makes sense that instead of Terranort, Terra is trapped inside of either Xemnas or Apprentice Xehanort (especially if they needed another spot to fill).

I don't think that Xemnas is really influenced by Terra, though. It's hinted that he has Terra's memories, but I think everything about the Chamber of Waking and Aqua's armor was just because he needed to find Ven's empty body as another potential vessel. Terra showing up in 0.2 alongside Terranort could be proof that he's still there, but Xehanort is using what's left of him to his advantage.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Xehanort did hint that Terra is apart of the Organization,
Yep. It was when Mickey counted Terra as a Guardian, and Xehanort stepped in and said "no".

but it would make sense for Xehanort to not use Terra himself, as Terra was able to fight back.
Well, he could still use Terranort the moment he stabs himself.

Terra is trapped inside of either Xemnas or Apprentice Xehanort (especially if they needed another spot to fill).
Well. "Trapped" is an intersting take. What if Xehanort split Terra's heart into different 'Norts for the sake of debilitating him in some way? I mean, Xehanort can split his heart in order to maintain control, why not do the exact same thing with Terra, but to debilitate him?

I don't think Apprentice Xehanort is ever coming back. Even though Xemnas references his past as an apprentice to Ansem, I think Apprentice Xehanort as a character was tarnished the moment we learned that he's actually Terranort, and every version of Xehanort is now conscient as to what they really are.

I don't think that Xemnas is really influenced by Terra, though. It's hinted that he has Terra's memories, but I think everything about the Chamber of Waking and Aqua's armor was just because he needed to find Ven's empty body as another potential vessel. Terra showing up in 0.2 alongside Terranort could be proof that he's still there, but Xehanort is using what's left of him to his advantage.
I don't think Xemnas was conscient about the true goal of the Organization. I imagine Xigbar acted as the leading man of the Organization in terms of Xehanort's original goals.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Well, he could still use Terranort the moment he stabs himself.

I don't think Apprentice Xehanort is ever coming back. Even though Xemnas references his past as an apprentice to Ansem, I think Apprentice Xehanort as a character was tarnished the moment we learned that he's actually Terranort, and every version of Xehanort is now conscient as to what they really are.

I don't see why Xehanort would use the version of himself that's closest to Terra, when he knows the Guardians will be fighting to get Terra back. When Ansem and Braig find Terranort (immediately after he stabs himself), he was still weak and could only recall his name. It's also hinted that Apprentice Xehanort may or may not have actually had amnesia, so why wouldn't he use Apprentice Xehanort after he recovers his strength and memories? Besides after Terranort stabs himself and recovers, he effectively is Apprentice Xehanort.

It's just a safer bet to go after Apprentice Xehanort instead of Terranort, who might be too close to Terra still, was too weak after stabbing himself and fighting Master Xehanort, Vanitas, Aqua, and Lingering Will within a short span of time. With all the things Xehanort and the apprentices did, Apprentice Xehanort would fit in well with his other selves.

I don't think Xemnas was conscient about the true goal of the Organization. I imagine Xigbar acted as the leading man of the Organization in terms of Xehanort's original goals.

I don't see how? Xemnas, along with Ansem and Young Xehanort, appeared multiple times throughout DDD, well aware of the plan and giving hints to Sora and Riku. Xigbar doesn't even show up until the end and doesn't take part in the fight to Nort Sora. Xigbar is fully aware of what's going on, but he's never been shown to have any authority on what the Organization is doing; everything is Xemnas' or Xehanort's plan. Even if Xemnas forgot that plan once he came back to this timeline, the same would have been true for Xigbar. Xemnas revealed in DDD that he lied and manipulated to turn the Organization members into vessels, so he basically said this was always the plan as they accounted for members dying or failing early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back