• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► THEY HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG!!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

namine-artist

Website
www.strangepeople11.webs.com
Hello, previously my mother has been going to a dog shelter because she wants to help abandoned dogs. Well I am very upset with city kennels. My city kennel has been putting down innocent dogs I'm really focusing on the breed Pit bulls though and other dogs in the bully breed. These dogs are actually great loving sweet dogs. I know that some of you probably think I'm crazy. Although I went to a kennel once and saw many sweet loving Pit bulls, they were playful and very very very sweet. When I went I was adorned in kisses. I feel really bad for this breed because they are killed by the thousands. It's not their fault what's causing these dogs to become violent is when they are put in dog fights. Heartless cruel people breed them and then make them fight. If you really want to help these dogs then save one from any nearby kennel because they deserve to live. Thank you for reading. *Please Post*

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Hm? Pitbulls? I agree that they are wrongfully treated. It isn't necassarily the breed that decides how they act, it's how they're raised. My Grandmother owns one I've known since I myself was a baby. He's like a brother to me, to be honest, and I've noticed that the only time he ever shows aggressive tendancies are the times when local dogs actually attack us [leash laws are ignored where I live]. He has killed a coyote before but, other breeds of dogs show a habit of attacking intruders that stray near their owners, especially wild ones.

But, you also have to keep in mind shelters put down dogs because it's better then just leaving them to rot in a cage their entire lives. Not everyone can handle dogs like that and there are those who even despise certain breeds, thus making it even harder for some to get adopted. If they're only targeting those few breeds, then you have the right to be upset, but, don't tell everyone to go off and adopt one, especially if they most likely don't know how to raise and train one.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I know! I actually picked up a pit bull in the kennel with my step-dad that they were just going to put down and we named him Chance... He always jumped on me and started kissing me when I got home from school that's why IO love em too

namine-artist

Website
www.strangepeople11.webs.com
Hm? Pitbulls? I agree that they are wrongfully treated. It isn't necassarily the breed that decides how they act, it's how they're raised. My Grandmother owns one I've known since I myself was a baby. He's like a brother to me, to be honest, and I've noticed that the only time he ever shows aggressive tendancies are the times when local dogs actually attack us [leash laws are ignored where I live]. He has killed a coyote before but, other breeds of dogs show a habit of attacking intruders that stray near their owners, especially wild ones.

But, you also have to keep in mind shelters put down dogs because it's better then just leaving them to rot in a cage their entire lives. Not everyone can handle dogs like that and there are those who even despise certain breeds, thus making it even harder for some to get adopted. If they're only targeting those few breeds, then you have the right to be upset, but, don't tell everyone to go off and adopt one, especially if they most likely don't know how to raise and train one.Your rihgt about putting them down because their rotting in cages. Also about asking people to buy them.
I just want people to think of them as good dogs(some of them as good dogs)Just want to get the point through.

Mallorytheace

I know how you feel.I have always said the same thing about pit bulls. I have a relative who hates them and is scared of them,thinking of them like there monsters.I really don't get that myself.I have been around many in my life and never had any issues with them at all. Its really sad the reputation they have :(

Oriax

I know how you feel.I have always said the same thing about pit bulls. I have a relative who hates them and is scared of them,thinking of them like there monsters.I really don't get that myself.I have been around many in my life and never had any issues with them at all. Its really sad the reputation they have :(
I know how your relative feels. I'm terrified of Boxer Dogs. When I was about 5 I was chased down my street by three of them and they cornered me. Luckily someone came before they did anything and helped. But that hasn't changed my feelings for them - any Boxer Dog I see, I am afraid of - regardless of how nice it is, all because of those three dogs. Any other dog I am absolutley fine with.
I agree with the subject of this thread though - no dog should be put down if it is healthy ...

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
It's real sad that most people view them so negatively. My father's pit was the same way. For the most part, he wasn't a violent dog. Hell, the closest he came to being like that was because someone was antagonizing him, by taunting him with a stick. Would you like that if someone did that to you? I don't think so. Luckily, that episode didn't end up with him getting put down and in the end, he died of some disease/ old age. The only other times I could think of him being violent was towards other dogs and of course, cats. I think he killed one or two of them and threatened two that we owned. (Both of which ran away. Well, one got ran over actually.) He growled at strangers, but if he could tell that we accepted their entrance, he'd back down. He hated people in uniforms though, but there was a cause to that as well. (like the animal control guys usually being asses)

Honestly though, I've heard of other, much more "peaceful" dogs being just as violent, despite their image. Pits are the same way. It's just that some people think that way because they're one of the most common dogs for a dog fight, where the owners are seeking the toughest and most brutal dogs. Pitt-bulls have the second strongest bite and tend to be quicker to anger than say.. a Dalmatian, which btw has THE strongest bite of any dog. If a Dalmatian grabs a hold of you (with an intent on hurting you), it's not letting go.

Edit: My dad saved another pit a few years ago. He found it in the garage. (It got trapped.) From what he could tell, the dog's last owner neglected and beat it, as it flinched a lot at first, especially if it felt it was about to get hit. That dog is still alive and her name is Baby. She's gotten much better since then and as she's still just as nice and gentle was when we found her.

Aria

braver by the minute
I feel bad that pit bulls have that stereotype. It really depends on who the owner of the dog is, just because it's a pit bull doesn't mean it's going to turn out to be a bad dog. I actually like pit bulls. I've never met one that hasn't been friendly towards me.

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member
The pitbulls wouldn't be mean at all if people would treat them right and not breed them to be fighting dogs, same with all dog breeds. I do feel bad for them though. People get attacked because of doing illegal things(dog fighting) and the animals get to pay the price becuase they didn't get a chance.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
All this just goes to show you that even stereotyping in non-human beings can be wrong. My neighbours bought a pitbull a couple of years ago btw. It was a nice one but it did have to be put down sadly enough (not because of aggression, but health problems. It came from one of those dubious breeders). They got a new one though and it's looking to be even nicer than the previous one. (though that may have to do with its age)

Wonderglow

I'll vouch for the awesomeness of pitbulls. My dad's friend raises litters of them and they're so precious and loving. They're gorgeous too, and one Christmas I was lucky enough to get one of them. She was tiny and brown with big, bright eyes and she used to fall asleep in my lap. Whenever she had a nightmare, Haley would start moving her paws as if she was running away from something and whimper. Now she's six and five months old and still has bright playful eyes and loves to play tug of war. Haley stays outside, but whenever somebody leaves the back door open at night, she always runs up the stairs and straight to my bed to lay down next to me. She's really sneaky, too. We have a hill with bushes and trees in our backyard to the houses above us. Those houses have dogs too. We've made a fence like halfway up the hill and she'll run along it and be annoying sometimes. When I call her down she'll try to hide behind the trees, and while you can't see her head her tail will be wagging out on the other side. She's just a great, loving, and loyal dog AND a pitbull. Having a pitbull is a plus because they can protect you and are super athletic. As a puppy we would tie her to two 20 lb dumbells to keep her still, but she would just drag them all over the tile and carpet and wood. And later when she was three, somebody stole her, but apparently she bit them and ran back to us. Ahhhh great memories :*) I definitely recommend pitbulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back