• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► ~<<::--Tragic Memories--::>>~ (Riku Replica's Tale)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrancedRiku

Necromancy... major necromancy.

I'm going to go ahead and continue this fic since I'm back... to be honest, I had forgotten about it... but fear not--by tommorow, loyal fans to it will have an update.

TrancedRiku

Good to see there are still people who are fans of this. Anyways, yeah. I'm starting work on the next chappy tonite... by this time tommorow, it will be up...

edit: er... yeah, here's the next chappy.

Chapter 4 - Oblivion Begins

Replica simply stood there a moment, letting his words sink in.

"Riku...?" King Mickey jerked at the silver-haired boy's shirt. "Are you okay?"

"Who are you?" Riku demanded, his surprise melting to seriousness.

"Who aren't I is a better question... though we may share the same facial features, know that we are both very different. For example... you fight to rid the world of darkness... and me? I fight to preserve that darkness." Replica smirked, raising his hand above his head, summoning the Soul Eater, as did Riku, as the two prepared themselves.

"You've told me everything but your name... so let's here that now. Stop talking in circles." Riku threatened.

"Once, I was called Riku as well... but now I am Replica..." Replica spat at his name. "And I'd hate to tell you this... but only one of us is leaving this place alive..." Replica said, as he charged, the two boys locking weapons.

"R-riku?" Mickey took a few steps back. Something told him that this was Riku's battle. That he had no right to interfere.

"Why?" Replica asked, as she jumped back, and held his blade at the ready. "Why did you turn from darkness? More importantly, how did you turn from it?" he added.

"When you have good friends... you find that that alone is your greatest strength."

"Sentimental fool." Replica cursed.

"You only say that because you have no friends." Riku assumed.

"I don't need friends..." Replica smiled. "Least of all commentary from an enemy!" he yelled, as the two exchanged another couple of slashes, sparks flying from their blades as they did.

As the two continued their sword-fight, dark aura energy began to pulsate from them. With each blow, Riku could feel Dark Mode brimming to the top. And soon, dark energy exploded into the room, and Riku was clad in the dark armor his copy bore.

"So, you have taken your true form as well?" Replica lept backwards, as he gathered energy in his hand, and fired off a Dark Firaga spell, which Riku easily swiped with his weapon.

"You're going to have to do better than that to beat me." Riku challenged.

"Oh, don't worry--I intend to." Replica smirked, as he dashed forward, leaping into the air, and placed a slash onto Riku's weapon, as he blocked, throwing the copy across the room to the wall. He spun, repositioning himself, and lunging again at Riku, who lept back, and the two engaged into a dangerous dance, death encircling them as their blades clashed. Riku kicked Replica away, and as he flew back, he launched a Dark Firaga at Riku, head on. The ball made impact, and Riku rushed from the flames, hitting Replica in the face with the smooth, flat side of his sword, sending the clone into the wall he had just jumped from, his blade clattering a few inches away.

"You were saying?" Riku said, as his sword dematerialized, and his armor faded away, and he turned to exit.

"Wait! Where are you going?" Replica demanded.

"I've beaten you--you can't fight anymore. What reward would I have from killing you? Guilt? Because I'm not willing to live with the fact that I killed myself... and am still living." Riku grumbled, with a smile. "Better luck next time."

Replica said something to himself, as the air seemed to get tighter, hotter for some odd reason.

"There you are." a voice called out to him. He sprang, then wished he hadn't. He winced, as pain shot through his left side. He gazed to his left to see the red and silver chakram of his familliar foe, Axel, jabbed into his side, and pinning him to the floor. "And just where do you think you're going?" Axel said, as he walked out from a dark corner, and pulled back his hood.

Replica said nothing.

"Not only do you run away, but you take on the original without any of the higher-up's approval? For shame." Axel teased. "I'm sorry about all this. Nothing personal." Axel said, as he spun his other chakram, fire illuminating it. Replica closed his eyes, as Axel flung it.

The next two sounds Replica heard was a clanging, like something metal hitting the floor, and Axel's voice.

"The hell?!" he yelled, as Replica opened his eyes, to see the bandaged man from before standing before him.

"I don't think it'd be wise to destroy this one just yet." DiZ said.

"And just who the hell are you to tell me what to do, old man?!" Axel demanded, as his chakram returned to his grip. He lunged, as DiZ's image became distorted with each slash. "A hologram?" Axel backed away.

"Now that you know the truth, allow me to give you some truth." DiZ held out a small disk to the red haired boy. Axel took it causiously.

"So, this going to explode when I turn my back or something?" Axel examined the disk.

DiZ laughed. "Why no, dear boy... but know that anyone who is a supporter of the Organization should see this... in exchange, I wish to keep the boy." DiZ said. "But a warning, do not allow Larxene or Marluxia to view that disk." DiZ warned.

Axel glanced over at the fallen Replica, and then back to DiZ. "Deal." he said. "So, you're the foggy old ghost we've been suspecting of interfering." Axel realized.

"Not a word of this to your superiors." DiZ swore him to secrecy.

"Cross my heart... if I had one." Axel smiled, as he left, and the chakram in Replica's side dematerialized.

"Keep on your guard from now on... there is work to be done." DiZ said, as a warm green light flowed over Replica. "You should be fine now... that was a Curaga spell." DiZ said, as he turned.

"So... that was Riku... the 'real' Riku." Replica stood.

"Yes." DiZ answered. "So, did you get what you desired?"

"If a stab wound and proof that the original is better is what you mean, then yeah..." Replica grunted, as he stood, and the black cloak materialized over his dark armor. "So, DiZ... you going to tell me what was on that disk?"

"Let's just say our friend Axel is about to have his loyalty to the Organization tested thoroughly." DiZ smiled, as if he knew something that everyone else didn't... and given his position in the castle, able to monitor the events happening within, he probably did.

---

Axel stopped in his room, and closed and locked the door. He sat on his bed, looking down at the disk between his fingers. He eyed it carefully, before standing, and plugging it into the monitor that was in his room.

Images played out of meetings between Marluxia and Larxene, numbers 11 and 12 in the Organization, and co-incidentally, one the Lord of Castle Oblivion.

---

"They suspect nothing?" Marluxia asked in his usual calm tone.

"No... everything is arranged... soon, Sora will be under our control, thanks to Namine... and as for Xemnas..." Larxene walked towards Marluxia. "When you take control of Sora, he's as good as dead." she smiled evilly.

---

"..." Axel stared at the images in disbelief... and rage. He had known there was something strange about the two... but he hadn't counted on them going so far as to plan to kill the Superior of the Organization and take over... and to use Sora to do it?

He stood, and pulled the disk from the monitor, allowing a slow flame to erupt from his fingers onto the disk, burning it. He didn't want anyone besides him knowing this. If anyone was going to put a stop to Marluxia's little plot, it had to be him. Axel had too much of an attachment to Sora... or rather, his other self, to let him be used as a puppet.

---

"But... I don't understand... if Riku and I are the same... then why did I lose to him?" Replica asked DiZ, as he worked hard on the next stage in his plan.

"As I said earlier, your body is still healing from taking in all of your memories in one week's time. Give it a bit, and train some... by the time you face Riku again, the both of you will be on each other's toes." DiZ said.

"I no longer have a desire to fight Riku. He has proven himself to be worthy of his name." Replica admitted.

"That's alot better than I expected a simple clone to feel, once they found out they were just a simple clone..." DiZ admitted, as he continued his work. "I'm curious... if you no longer desire to fight Riku, then who is it that you do?"

"..." Replica stared into the abyss around the two in this little laboratory that could rival even... "Vexen." Replica answered, anger in his voice.

"You may not get your chance..." DiZ sighed.

"What? Why?" Replica demanded.

"We'll wait and see..." DiZ said. "There's no way to be sure of it..."

---

one might not guess this, but the next chapter is the last. :*( I put the finishing touches on it this morning... so as soon as soemone posts I'll post it... oh, and don't worry... it's never really over--it's only just beginning. A sequel is in the works.

Last edited:

TrancedRiku

and here's the final chapter...

---
Chapter 5 - Traitors

It had been weeks since Axel had found out about Marluxia and Larxene's "dirty little secret." He stood outside of the door leading to the Lord's tower, on the top floor of the Castle, where Marluxia sat during his days, with Namine imprisoned in the room.

Axel opened the door, and walked towards Marluxia, who sat behind a large glass desk.

"Axel...?" Marluxia asked. "I don't recall summoning you..." he added.

"We've got big problems here..." Axel pounded his fists on the table.

"Indeed we do... allow me to elaborate..." Marluxia stood. "I believe that Vexen has become a bit of a threat to our stay here in the Castle... and I want him stopped at all costs." Marluxia said, blowing Axel away with this.

"...and you want me to carry it out?" Axel asked, in surprise.

"Yes... think of this as a test of your loyalty to our cause here in Castle Oblivion... a test of your loyalty to the Organization." Marluxia smiled.

Hypocrit. Axel thought to himself, as he closed his eyes, wishing it hadn't come to this. If he refused, then Marluxia would surely kill him here and now, without hesitation... and yet... "Alright." Axel said.

---

"It would seem that our good friend Axel is being used as well..." DiZ said, as Axel walked down the halls, a serious expression on his face, as if he were contemplating things. "You think you're up for another fight?" DiZ asked Replica.

"Of course..." Replica nodded, walking out from the darkness, accompanied by Shadow Heartless he had been training with.

"Get those repulsive things out of here..." DiZ pointed to them.

"Is there any reason you hate the Heartless so much?"

"...all in due time."

---

Axel continued his walk, planning out how he would do this... by killing Vexen, he would be gaining Marluxia's trust... and getting close enough to strike down Marluxia with little-to-no resistance... he could easily take Larxene, but Marluxia would be trouble at his strongest...

As his thoughts haunted him, he stopped, sensing a darker presense in the room, as a line appeared before him, stretching to reveal a corridor of light... a door hack. As it did this, Replica stepped out from the swirling light. "And just where were you headed?" Replica crossed his arms.

"..." Axel looked at him for a moment. "Tell your boss that this is the only way I can get close enough to Marluxia to kill him..." Axel said, as he pushed past the clone, as he left, the air seemed lighter, as if it had been burdened by Axel's thoughts.

---

"For someone with no heart... you sure are sentimental." DiZ said, observing Axel as he opened the door to the laboratory of Vexen's. Replica turned from the doors, summoning a corridor of light once more, and diving into it, arriving in DiZ's lab.

"He is going to go through with it?" Replica asked, running up to the console, as shadows danced about in the room, and Axel lept from it, another Replica stepping out from the doorway.

"If you want revenge... now is the time." DiZ looked over at Replica, who nodded.

---

"You think a clone's going to stop me?!" Axel lept away from the Replica's attack, twirling his chakram and locking weapons with him. The replica drove the crimson-haired boy back, as Vexen ran from the scene, using a card to escape to another part of the castle...

"D-dammit!" Axel yelled.

The Replica rose it's blade, feeling unusual resistance against it as it tried to swing down. It turned to see DiZ's clone, holding the weapon, keeping him from attacking. "Go. You can still catch up to him if you hurry." he said, tossing Axel a card.

"And you?"

"I've got my own fight to finish." he snarled, kicking his replacement in the back, and sending him sliding across the marble floor.

Axel nodded, as he disappeared, in hot pursuit of Vexen.

"Who are you supposed to be? Another Replica?!" Replica demanded, with the same delusions that the other had had at the beginning of his journey.

"You could say that." Replica smiled at his enemy, casting his cloak aside, and switching to Dark Mode, drawing out his weapon.

"Die!" the evil Replica yelled, lunging, sparks flying from their blades as they struck. As the two continued their rave on one another's blades, they held out their hands, igniting dark energy within them.

"Dark Firaga!" they both called, the attacks hitting one another, and sending the both of them backwards in a shockwave.

Replica hit the ground on one knee, using his empty hand to stop his slide, whilst his evil counterpart landed on his back, sliding back a bit. Replica pulled himself forward, and lashed out at his counterpart, the blade striking the marble floor as the other clone rolled away.

As he got up, he blocked another potential deathstrike from Replica. "I'm not about to lose to you... I have to find Namine!"

"Haven't you figured it out yet?!" Replica demanded, kicking the counterpart in the stomach. "There was no Namine... not in his past, at least." he said, lowering his weapon.

"'His?' Who do you mean?" the counterpart wheezed as he stood.

"Riku. The real Riku." Replica clarified.

"I am the real Riku!" the counterpart screamed.

"The original is ten times stronger than you. I know. I've fought him..." Replica said.

"Lies!" the counterpart screamed, as he rushed at Replica, who landed a punch in on the evil Replica's face, ignited with dark fire energy, knocking him off balance. At that moment, everything seemed to slow down, as Replica felt a sudden surge of energy and emotion inside of him.

"Dark Aura Zero!!!" he called, as he rushed at his enemy, kicking him in the chest, and landing a few feet away, and in explosions of darkness, other copies of the good Replica began to appear around the evil counterpart.

"What is this?" the counterpart demanded, as the illusions raised their weapons, dashing in, dark energy exploding all around them as they slashed into the counterpart several times, disappearing into clouds of black as they did. Just when he thought it was all over, the clouds took a solid form above him--the real good Replica. He charged his weapon with Dark Firaga energy, and launched it down at the counterpart, freezing him in dark energy, as he went down, his sword glowing intensely. In an explosion shaped like an "O" of dark energy, the attack was finally finished.

Replica stared at his counterpart for what seemed like hours, as signs of his defeat became apparent. Blood trickled down the silver-haired youth's mouth, and he fell to his knees, falling flat on his face, eyes wide with terror.

Replica walked alongside him, and knelt, his armor evaporating as he did. "W-why...? Why did he lie to me...?" the counterpart asked, as his breathing ceased, and he lyed motionless on the floor, staring at the marble under him.

"...rest in peace." Replica said, as he used his empty hand and closed the dead Replica's eyes, still wide with terror.

---

DiZ awaited for Replica to return for some time, but he never did.

The story of Riku Replica is a tragic one... a being not meant to exist created for the soul purpose of killing. There is no one living who knows for sure what happened to the lost Replica, who dissappeared after the events surrounding Castle Oblivion.

But it is known that to dispatch certain members of the Organization, Axel was helped by a mysterious Riku Replica... and Riku himself faced the Replica twice in battle.

This is not the end... no, only the beginning...

"Unlikely" by Celldweller

So this is how it feels to suffer?
And I had so much to say.
But it's over now
And I'm going down
Alone.
Alone.

I've no guarantees
To recognize my disease
Before my time is gone.

God is all i've found.
To get the hell off the ground
Out from under my feet.

Don't need to see these visions to remind me
That I'm dying from the inside out.
Wanting you here still means I must do without.

Can't criticise your reasons for living
When I'm the one missing them
Wanting dreaming that I may
Find where they come from.
Find where they come from.

I changed you
I want to
Be near you
I can't get up out from under my feet

I've tried to
But can't get through.
I need to.

God is all I've found,
To get the hell off the ground
Out from under my feet.

So this is how it feels, you suffer.
And you had so much to say.
But it's over now, you're finally going down.
Alone.
Alone.

---

please note--my last words in this fic were a foreshadow... can someone say "Sequel?" :D I'm going to work all of this into a sequel entitled the "Neo Wars." Keep watch for it... cause Replica's going to be making a comeback... but I'm not giving too much away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back