• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV's Best and Worst Series Finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
With a handful of shows ending this year, it's time to reflect series finales that were really good, and some that were downright awful. A lot of shows ending with situational changes - from changing jobs, moving away, and graduating to birth, deaths, and dreams are some of the classics. What are your favorite and least favorite endings to shows you've watched, whether they were prematurely canceled, or had an ending in sight?

24 - series had an epic finale. Blew me away!
Heroes -had it coming for awhile with the consistently poor writing. Hard to see a good show fall the way it did
Terminator: The Sarah Connors Chronicles- I wanted to see more, but I don't see how with what seemed like a potential big budget for a season 3
Prison Break - I thought the first season was the best, but the ending was very fitting to the character. One of the most heartfelt finales I've watched
Friends- I kinda remember but from what I did, I liked. It had resolution so I was satisfied.

I don't remember a lot of the older shows, like cheers or seinfeld, but I remember roseanne and I'm glad I just watched it sporadically.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 71005

For now I'll just post the ones that I can remember right now
Lost: Had an astonishing series finale, I've never been so moved
That 70's Show: Didn't really have to great of a finale

Faris

Perfect Harmony
I liked that 70's show finale. :(
Scrubs, like the actualy series not that horrible spin off, had such a heart warming finale.
Lost one looks so pretty intense so I hope it is.

D

Deleted member 71005

I liked that 70's show finale. :(
Scrubs, like the actualy series not that horrible spin off, had such a heart warming finale.
Lost one looks so pretty intense so I hope it is.

I liked it to, it's just that it could have been so much better. Maybe I was expecting to much out of it.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I liked the series finale of Futurama. But it doesn't really count anymore because of the movies and because it's been uncancelled. Too bad they had to go with the Status Quo is God routine as well.
The 4th movie could've been seen as a second series finale as well, as they weren't sure at the time wether they were going to be able to make more. In that regard, I absolutely loved the ending.

Friends was good too.

That 70's show was okay. It wasn't bad, but I felt as if it missed something. Don't know what though.

The Megas XLR two-parter was fantastic as well. Really too bad it had to end.

Last edited:

krexia

Translator
Awards
Life on Mars had a fantastic finale, and I was honestly surprised when Ashes to Ashes equalled it last weekend. The fact that the big twist at the end of A2A was plotted right from the start of LoM meant that it worked brilliantly - rather than coming out of nowhere, itwas telegraphed just enough to make beautiful sense, and throws everything that came before it into a whole new light. I'm planning to watch both series all over again ASAP.

On the flip side, the "big reveal" at the end of the American remake of Life on Mars was just atrocious.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
I liked it to, it's just that it could have been so much better. Maybe I was expecting to much out of it.

Yeah I suppose you are right, it could have been more. I was just happy to see a return of Eric and Kelso and sort of a back to where they all started sort of thing. I really liked how they it sort of seemed that despite all that had happened they were all still the same. They were all back at the beginning so to speak. It was a fantastic show IMO. Also, loved that the writers managed to finish it on its 200th episode.

D

Deleted member 71005

Yeah I suppose you are right, it could have been more. I was just happy to see a return of Eric and Kelso and sort of a back to where they all started sort of thing. I really liked how they it sort of seemed that despite all that had happened they were all still the same. They were all back at the beginning so to speak. It was a fantastic show IMO. Also, loved that the writers managed to finish it on its 200th episode.

Yeah, That 70's Show will always be a favorite of mine. I remember the episode where Kelso got the canoe. LOL at when he bounced down the hill and later on decided to strap it to the back of the car and ride it.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Season 1, should have said once a good show.

Agreed Season 1 was definitely the best. Season 2 would have been good if not for it being cut so short. And Season 3.......it probably would also have been good if THEY DIDN'T REDUCE THE VILLAIN VOLUME TO HALF A FUCKING SEASON!!!!!1111!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back