• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► Twilight-Breaking Dawn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Did you like it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilQueen

Website
www.myspace.com
Books that are long anticipated rarely live up to expectations.

Maybe I wasn't so disappointed with it as you seem to be cause the three before it had already disappointed me enough in some ways.

So there was no fight. That was disappointing. But personally I think I would have been more disappointed if any of the main characters had died in the fight. And that would have happened if there had been a fight.

I was also pissed off that all that Bella had done what with the papers and stuff had been for nothing. But again, I would have been more disappointed if they ended up being needed.

And I was disappointed as hell too when Jacob imprinted on Renesmee...not because of the imprinting itself but because I was DYING for Jacob and Rosalie to fight...I was so sure it was going to end up happening at some point...but nothing.

But still I don't believe it had ever been about Edward Vs. Jacob. Alot of people thought that, I know, but there was no doubt Bella would be with Edward. At least I never doubted it.

This book was not as disappointing or frustrating for me because it righted all the wrongs for me from the other books.

But I still didn't like the way it ended either...for the simple fact that it just didn't end right. There were way too many unanswered questions.

Sinful Tragedy

Website
xhollywoodgirlx.livejournal.com
You know, I have written rant after rant about this damn book and I still can't get over what a fail-fest it was. There were a couple parts that I liked... mostly having to do with Seth and Leah... but everything else... *smacks head against wall* Seriously... what in the hell has Stephenie Meyer turned into? The first book was perfect, I thought. I mean, for a YA book, it was really good. The characters were awesome and everything flowed nicely... the second two weren't ass good, but they weren't utter crap either. And then the fourth book comes along... I was beyond excited for this damn thing. So excited that I waited in line for what seemed like ever to get it the night it came out. After getting halfway through the book, I think the biggest "WTF?" ever came out of my mouth. By the end of the book, I was beyond disappointed. I still am, obvously, I'm writing this right now, aren't I?

I liked that Bella and Edward got married, to a certain extend. I was kind of hoping it would happen at the end of the book, after some epic storyline took place. Not at the begining, before crapness took place. The first couple chapters were cute, I'll admit to liking them. But when I hit the honeymoon chapter... wowzers. Just... I don't even know how to explain it. I hate what Stephenie did to Bella and Edward and I hate that she got Bella pregnant at such a young age. Way to teach the kids, Steph. Really, great job with that. And then with Jake imprinting on the kid. Jeez!

But yeah, I'm going to stop with the rant now before I end up with another long-as-hell rant about this book. There were several points in the book that felt like ripoffs from various televison shows (Buffy and Angel, for example). The ending was horrible, just because all of the other books have had some sort of fighting scene and then... this. It was kind of hard to get thorugh. Now, I know I come off like I absolutely hate the series now, but I don't hate it. I was just a big fan who was very disappointed with the ending book. But, like I said, there were a few parts that were worth reading. I just wish it would have been better. Heh, sorry for the rant, guys. This is just a touchy subject for me.

Elorah

Awards
I think one of the main reasons that the book turned out to be so disappointing was because it was so highly anticipated. For ages leading up its release, we were all talking about what we wanted to happen, and it seems pretty obvious that none of it happened at all.

Personally I think that Jacob imprinting on Renesmee (awful, awful name by the way) was merely a convenient way as to put an end to the Edward/Jacob feud, which quite frankly, I was looking forward to, and I know that a lot of my friends were as well.

For me, it just seemed that the entire book was just full of surprisingly convienient plot points for example bella's impossible pregnancy that happened anyway! Techinically the fluilds should have turned her long before. Another example being that Bella's brand new power was the strongest power and the one with the potentiall to save everyone, if there had been a fight.

With all of the anticipation and suspense, even the scenes where Bella prepares to say goodbye to her daughter, you'd think there would be some sort of confilct. We were even considering that people would die in this fight, and nothing happened. The only things I can remember off the top of my head besides the birthing/turning scene was the sentence long death of Irina, who was for me, an incredibly insignificant character, and when Seth broke his shoulder, and it healed like two pages later.

I found that Jacob's section was the most enjoyable for me, resulting in Jacob, Seth and Leah becoming my favourite characters now xD I became more tolerant of the plot as the story progressed, but I was mainly disappointed at the fact that the epic battle which was so highly anticipated before the release, and even in the second half of the book, never happened, especially since there were some good battle scenes in the other books.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Now, I should probably say right now that I haven't read the book.
I have read the first two and almost ended the third... And then I noticed that the series isn't even that good. Just bear with me, dear.

(And I know. 3 books in. a bit slow, huh? :<)

But I noticed something.

This series is only liked by girls who haven't had a true relationship with someone yet. Or are just plain ol' silly. :<
Girls that are hopeful that some sparkly vampire will swoop them off their feet and save them from a semi.

Unfortunately, for these girls, the semi deal probably won't happen because they're cooped up in their homes reading these books and not going outside actually developing relationships with people to possibly find someone like Edward. It hurts, but c’est la vie.

I have so many issues with this book series and Breaking Dawn and all of the other ones just add to my anger.

Starting off with Twilight.

Bella is an idiotic clumsy selfish whore to the point where it's extremely annoying, pretty but won't realize it (but still thinks herself higher than the boys who ask her out. There was like...what? 5? Correct me if I'm wrong) and thinks she's complete shit compared to Edward. Not to mention that she's a total Mary Sue and reminds me of Catherine from Wuthering Heights in New Moon...who also annoyed me. Ironically New Moon was completely inspired [ripped off] by Wuthering Heights.

Edward is basically clay. Not a statue. No, listen to me. He is clay. Meyer forms him into whatever form of man is seen as as perfect making every other normal human boy stupid and boring. And then Bella decides she's unworthy a billion times and just sits there describing how beautiful he is, almost throws her life away for the douche, listens to his every word and when she doesn't she does shit for Jacob. Someone needs to decide which is which. And the whole stalking thing is just lol worthy. :3

Also, the relationship they have doesn't even strike me as sincere. Jacob and Bella's was pure in my eyes. Edward and Bella's just seemed to be...well, hunger. No one falls in love in a week, people. No one. Sure, a consideration of dating pops up maybe, but not love.
Bella's a stupid 17 year old horny girl. Edward is stalking her and is there and wants her.

What do you think will happen?

Not only that! But he's a VAMPIRE! LOLOMG! And he hungers for Bella's blood because she smells good. But wait! He's a good vampire! D:
He sparkles. THAT'S the reason he doesn't go in the sun? Vampires were supposed to be creatures of the night because they burned up in the sun. Not because people would be all 'oh no! sparkle people!...run away?'
It just seems like Meyer is trying to rewrite a long-time tradition...and unfortunately little 15 year old girls are listening to her crap.

Meyer made being damned to hell for eternity seem like a pretty good deal, huh?

And the whole baby thing in the 4th book. Are you kidding me? VAMPIRES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DESCRIBED AS DEAD. MEYER ACTUALLY WROTE THEM AS DEAD BEFORE.

And did everyone forget about Rosalie? She couldn't have kids and she was PISSED because, you got it, SHE'S TECHNICALLY DEAD.

So why the hell does Edward still get to have splooge?

Oh, because Bella's a human and it works only then.
Oh, okay. I’ll TRY to believe that else than the fact that even Meyer says vampires are dead.

That means nothing flows through the veins and whatnot. Nothing. Not even glitter glue splooge. :<

At least use a condom you stupid cunt.

And then when new characters are introduced they're forgotten about after a page.
Don't introduce characters if we don't have to remember them. Christ.

And of all the things to name the hell spawn that was killing Bella, they name it RENESMEE.
Sure, I get it. Combination of Renee and Esme. Why not name the girl Esme Renee Cullen or something? Or, you know, a normal goddamn name.

Ooooh I'm gonna start some fights now, aren't I?

Last edited:

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I understand why the ending was disappointing, only because they didn't fight the Volturi in the end. But as someone has already pointed out, it would only mean death in the end. But at least no one died, right? I mean, sure ... I was really itching for Rosalie to rip off Jacob's head when he kept going near Bella, but ... well, you get it, right?

EvilQueen

Website
www.myspace.com
But I noticed something.

This series is only liked by girls who haven't had a true relationship with someone yet. Or are just plain ol' silly. :<
Girls that are hopeful that some sparkly vampire will swoop them off their feet and save them from a semi.

Just so you know. I'm engaged to be married and was already in a "true relationship" with someone before I ever read any of these books.

And some guys read these books too...most of them are quite possibly gay, I'll say that much but still yet. A gay guy is still a guy and therefore they are not girls.

Just saying.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hm. Engaged at 20. Congrats.

Well, regardless, I'm sorry for just saying only and not most and not mentioning our friends who want Edward in the ass...
I apologize for that.

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards
I don't understand how people can like the series so much solely on the fact that it's a romance. I'm not making assumptions; this is based on where I live.

I remember when people started reading Crank (particularly girls) and I took a thorough look at it. I found out its general summary and said to myself, "I don't read this stuff." I'm not one to judge books by its cover or first several pages, but sometimes it just throws out its entire plot on the first page. Generally speaking, it was about teenagers and sex.

And half the time people read it because everyone else is.

EvilQueen

Website
www.myspace.com
I don't understand how people can like the series so much solely on the fact that it's a romance. I'm not making assumptions; this is based on where I live.

I remember when people started reading Crank (particularly girls) and I took a thorough look at it. I found out its general summary and said to myself, "I don't read this stuff." I'm not one to judge books by its cover or first several pages, but sometimes it just throws out its entire plot on the first page. Generally speaking, it was about teenagers and sex.

And half the time people read it because everyone else is.

I can't speak for everyone, but personally...When I first read Twilight, I had never even heard of it before. I found it at work (Wal-Mart...bleh) on my lunch break, in my search of something new to read. And being a sucker (no pun intended) for anything involving vampires, I bought it. And honestly I didn't even like it at first. But I kept reading, hoping it would get better. And before I even realized it my nose was stuck in that book like a magnet to metal. Stephenie's take on vampires is different, and I like that.

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards
I'm not saying that the series is horrible, although I do find it a bit cliched. Even if what you say is true, EvilQueen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back