• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Until Dawn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
The length is entirely dependent on how many people you keep alive and for how long you can keep them alive. I lost 2 early on so I clocked in around 7 hours when I beat it, I believe. I imagine that if all of the characters were to live the game would sit at 10 hours.

Well the replayability should make it worth while. Be fun to go back each time and get an entirely different story. Least it's doable in one sitting it sounds like, so repeat play throughs are definitely encouraged

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Also, I just learned that once you beat it the game allows you to go back to certain parts of your playthrough and replay them, kind of like Telltale episodes.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Oh that's neat. That's different from Beyond and Heavy Rain.

Are there definite chapters though that pop up as titles during gameplay? Or are they seamless like in Beyond and Heavy Rain?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
There are chapters. You get random recaps before the new chapter which is a little weird because it makes it feel episodic.

Now that more people have their hands on the game I've found out that I didn't get a bad ending for Josh so I guess I actually cleared my first play through with 5/8 characters.

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
I finished my first play through with only 3 characters alive. I made silly mistakes to lose the other 5, I actually feel like I got cheated with one character's death lol. Took me around 8-9 hours to beat the game.

This game will definitely get some replays from me but I don't think it's worth the $60. I should've waited till it was at least down to $30, maybe even $40, but at the end of the day this is one of my favorite game purchases so far this year.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Took advantage of the sale at Best Buy for this and with my gamers club there, ended up paying only $30 for this. Felt like a steal. It'll probably be awhile till I play it, but had to take advantage of that deal

Blazingblue

Banned
I recently got this as a gift and I have to say this game is loads of fun. A couple of jump scares that got me good XD we need more games like these, and the characters all have interesting personalities :)

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
After being busy all hell for weeks, and taking a break from Phantom Pain, AND celebrating Halloween, I got around to playing this last night and thought is was amazing. I love how every single one of these interactive drama games have been outstanding.

I was so bummed because I had every character alive until the second to last episode then the game fucking punishes you for exploring the voice as Ashley who was my favorite character by opening that trapdoor!! Ugh, then it all went downhill from there haha. Ended up with only 3 of them alive. Went back though a few times to get everyone alive for the trophies. Should have the platinum super quick here.

I'm all for a sequel though, whether one of these endings is canon, or it's a spiritual sequel type with relevance like Fatal Frame. I'm all for it. The price though I will agree is not worth getting at $60, but getting it at $30 was well worth it because replay value and I'm totally wanting to get 8 people over and pick a character and we each play as that character, rotating throughout the night as we scream our choices to the person playing. That's what gaming is all about, and I really hope I can pull that off. Even if it is a little out of season now haha

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Is Until Dawn good, because getting a different story from a LP (which yes spent more time cracking jokes than taking it serious) and claims the adding in that makes the story a completely different story.

Either I'm having a brain fart right now, or I don't know what LP stands for (besides limited play) and don't understand your question.

I say, yes it's great. Story takes a huge turn in the second half but whether it's to your liking is up to you.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Either I'm having a brain fart right now, or I don't know what LP stands for (besides limited play) and don't understand your question.

I say, yes it's great. Story takes a huge turn in the second half but whether it's to your liking is up to you.

Guess not to the Lpers, but I like it, just they players are well just cracking jokes.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Guess not to the Lpers, but I like it, just they players are well just cracking jokes.

Oh no shit, Let's Play. Yeah I would recommend buying it when it goes down in price for sure. There is a hell of a lot of room for replayability from differing choices.

I think what worked awesome was that it asked you questions during the first part about which character you like most/least, what you're most afraid of, and that actually has some impact on the story which I think is really clever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back