• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► ~Untold, unfinished, unknown~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Sorry for the wait.

Part Three: Holding on, letting go

Clasped hands pulled each other through the night, feet running so close together that they almost tripped in the young man and woman's combined efforts to escape the dark, yellow-eyed creatures that pursued them. A canopy a trees above the path where they sought to run on blocked all views of the sky from them, otherwise they might have noted the eerie lightening slashing through the night above them like a whip of white flame. But they had only eyes for each other and the path ahead.

Twenty-one. Just twenty-one years old and they were running for their lives- and into their deaths.

Only three Heartless ran after them, small yet sinister, like renegade shadows. With a grimace, the young man broke away from the woman, turning around so that he stood protectively in front of her.

"What are you doing?" she shouted urgently, but a moment later, as the shadows neared, he took three small daggers from his coat pocket and flung them expertly at their foes. The sharp, tiny blades hit their mark, and the Heartless disintigrated in a cloud of darkness. The young woman let out a weak cry of relief, her lover sighing shakily as he tightened his hold reassuringly on her arm. A moment later though, with a shared look of understanding and a brief nod, they were running again, this time off the path and stopping at a small, rocky palisade. With an anxious glance around, the man led his would-be bride into a cleft in the rock, into a small cave. Scurrying footsteps could be heard outside. They tensed, holding each other in a desperate embrace. Silent tears made their way out of her green eyes, and she buried her face in his shoulder as they waited for the Heartless to pass. He placed his cheek into her red hair, whispering quiet promises. Hands clung to his shoulders, arms wrapped tightly around her, the sounds of battle evident outsdide their place of safety.

Finally, after a timeless age, the sounds ceased.

The woman pulled away slowly, peering out of the gap in their refuge. She glanced back at him, meeting his fearful, blue-eyed gaze. He squeezed her hand momentarily as they left their stone sanctuary, treading softly back down to the path.

Nothing.

Cautiously, they began to make their way to her house, jumping at the slightest noise despite the emptiness of the woods.

They felt safer when they emerged from the forest and into a wide meadow, house lights glowing welcomingly across it.

But it was the sky they should have feared.

For, diving out of the starless midnight, where creatures of light brown and maroon, like some fey cross between an eagle and a gargoyle. They swooped down menancingly, yet so so quietly, that the two refugees were only aware of them at the last moment. By then, it was too late.

Tattered wings surrounded the young woman's lithe form, desperate hands caught hers as claws clenched around her shoulders. She held on tightly to his grapsing fingers, trying vainly to stay on the ground.

"NO! I won't let you go!" the Heartless pulled against him, and he cried out in frustration and tightened his grip. Both were crying now as their connection was broken.

She was lifted up into the air, claws digging into her skin as they scaled the treetops. Another wyvern flew to where she was struggling in mid-air.

Talons thrust out, snagging her shirt; she screamed as long gashes appeard on her chest and blood poured out. As she was still screaming, a tiny star appeared in the grip of those claws, violet-hued and bright. With a flash of light, the star dispersed, and her body faded away, her last words loft to the wind.

"I'm sorry...."

Back on the ground, her lover sank to his knees, uncontrollable sobs racking his body. Shaking palms pressed into the soft earth, seeking release. He barely raised his dark head as the two Heartless swooped down for him.

"Take me...."

Scratches stung his skin, but it did not matter ... he was numb, even as talons sought his flesh and spirit and destroyed his loyal heart in a never-to-be-seen flash of light.

I hated this part. It was stupid. It sucked milk straws. The others were better. Meep. At least it's done. ._.

its_beca

O.O ...

ZOMG! It's awesome! I really liked the second one, the first and third were pretty good too though.
I got the end of the Part III I thought it would just be meaningless sap, but it wasn't, really, 'cept for the "Take me." bit, but it's still awesome! =D

A scream tore its way up her throat and died on her tongue; only a faint, gasping cry left her lips.
I envy you... How the hell are you this good? If you wrote a novel with that kinda description all the way through it might be a little much... but I love it! Perfect for one shots. ^_^

*glomps* Write the last one. Now.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Yeah, the first two were meant to be suspenseful, the rest, not so much. The one after this is the aforementioned orphan watching the death and destruction around him from on top of a roof and contemplating his world's demise. Then I have to tie up the loose ends concerning the girl. Thanks for reading. *throws empty sprite bottle at the vignettes*

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
>.< she can't do anything to me!! (not saying i don't want her to... xDDDD) and you didn't know how to get into my head before...? ._. ....... i dunno how to get into my head either.... oh well. it's wednesday. that's two days. *begins to stare at the clock*

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Aww, I love happy endings! ^-^

Write more! This is teh bestest fic ever! ^-^ It makes me less cold and stone-ish inside!

^-^

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
>.< Well, here it is, the last part of Untold, Unfinished, Unknown. Thanks to everyone who posted; I appreciate your opinions, no matter how much I may hate this vignette.

Part Four: The eye of the storm- Apocalypse

Lightening roared and thunder danced, each ear-splitting sound another note in the chaotic music that made up the world's last song. A lament.

Such were the thoughts of the tall, azure-eyed teen who sat on top of an abandoned in his nearly ruined town. What few people were left could be seen scrambling on the streets, weeping and bemoaning the destruction, only to be picked off by the strange creatures that had come with this storm on their heels. Covered in a decidedly worn pair of jeans, he swung his long legs from his resting point on the building's ledge, gazing about at the decadence with a neutral expression. He was an orphan, and a 'street rat', as his scruffy appearance clearly defined; but beneath his tousled red-brown hair, those bright blue eyes showed the sharp mind and 'street smarts' that had kept him alive. He was strong; he had survived.

Until now.

The teen's mouth curved into a slightly derisive sneer at the doomed people below him, running like ants whose hill has just been stepped on. They almost did look like ants from his lofty vantage point, he decided, flickering his gaze to the white-hot lightening that ravaged the horizon. The rainless storm was growing in ferocity by the minute; but it intrigued instead of scared him.

It was the end and he knew it. But was he going to waste his precious time scurrying around like some fightened mouse, only to cower in the corner when the cat's caught ya? No. He was going to stay right here and meet the storm head on. He wasn't afraid!

The boy leaned back on his hands and tipped his head back to stare up at the clouded sky. Pumping one fist into the air, he laughed in defiance of the menacing tempest, a counter-cadence to the rolling thunder. He couldn't stop the apocalypse, and he didn't care. But he'd show that he wouldn't be put under the yoke of fear.

As if summoned by his thoughts, a trio of Wyverns appeared in the distance, crossing the air between them to seek out the strong heart they sensed burning on the rooftop. Seeing this, the teen stood up in response, gazing fearlessly out at the approaching Heartless.

"I am Kadai, and my heart will never be yours!" he shouted over the wind. A light shone from his tall form, and the Wyverns, who had by then been only a few feet away, glanced back from the sudden attack and flew up to escape the defense on Kadai's heart. As the red-head glared fiercely at his attackers, the Heartless were suddenly enveloped in a patch of shadow and disappeared. At the same time, the whole world seemed to tremble, and Kadai was forced to step down from the ledge, arms outstretched to keep his balance. His blue eyes shone with acceptance and determination, almost as bright as the white aura that surrounded him.

He stood there, the last light in the darkness as a shadow encased the world and plunged it into oblivion.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

On a distant planet, a spikey-haired boy gazing up at the midnight heavens saw a bright star flicker and die. Closing his cerulean eyes, the Keyblade Master bowed his head and turned away from the sight, filled with the knowledge that another world had been lost to that endless abyss, and that he had failed to save it.

Last edited:

Krazy

Jabberwocky
HAH! I LAUGH AT YER FAILURE, SORA!!

....*cries* KAAAAADAI!!!! *mourns the hottness* Kadai is strangely close to Kadaj. o.-; *smites said silver-haired....girl* >.>;

Awesomeness, GoH. I lurfs it and hate it at the same time. That's pretty rare. xDD

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
:3 Thank you, Sakura. *gives cookie*

God, I feel like I want to burn this when I look at everyone else's stories. -_- I have got to get more skills. *points to Allecto* You! It's your fault!

Allecto: I give you everything you need to write. If you can't, well, that's not under my jurisdiction. <.<

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Allecto: *glares suspiciously* Who is this person and why is she running from me?

Me: ...anyone with sense tends to run from you, Allecto.

Allecto: *looks up from burning Childhood Memories [o.0]* A.K.A., the idiots.

Me: Hey! Who're you callin' an idiot!

Allecto: *darkly* You.

Me: >.< For someone whose soul is owned by a supposed idiot, you have a pretty big mouth.

Allecto: *bares fangs*

Me: *points accusingly at Muse* And that, my friends, is what happens when your parents were never married! *ducks and runs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back