• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oathkeeper2000

As of right now, all we can really conclude about Vanitas is that he has a gold/yellow eye and dark eyebrows. His identity is still a mystery. So, here is my theory.

I personally think he has a much greater chance of becoming Xehanort than Terra does. Everything would fit together this way.

Why? A few reasons. First, notice the strikingly similar features he shares with Riku. Their outfits are similar, they have the same fighting stance, the blue gems on Riku's and Vanitas' keyblade are the same, and in the most recent trailer, Vanitas reaches out to Ven in the same way Riku does to Sora.

How does this make Vanitas Xehanort? Well, if Vanitas becomes Xehanort, then that means he is also Xemnas and Heartless Ansem. Since Heartless Ansem overtook Riku and possessed him, that would explain why Riku gets a similar outfit to Vanitas, and why Riku's keyblade has the same blue gem as Vanitas', etc.

Sora^Fan

Interesting, your theory makes sense but there's only one point I want to make, if I'm correct Vanita's VA is the same as Sora's..wouldn't that seemed to hint towards a connection with Sora?

Petrex

yeah vanitas was kinda ment to share the same voice as sora. idk why its just the way nomura did it but your theory is very plausible.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Why? A few reasons. First, notice the strikingly similar features he shares with Riku. Their outfits are similar, they have the same fighting stance, the blue gems on Riku's and Vanitas' keyblade are the same, and in the most recent trailer, Vanitas reaches out to Ven in the same way Riku does to Sora.

How does this make Vanitas Xehanort? Well, if Vanitas becomes Xehanort, then that means he is also Xemnas and Heartless Ansem. Since Heartless Ansem overtook Riku and possessed him, that would explain why Riku gets a similar outfit to Vanitas, and why Riku's keyblade has the same blue gem as Vanitas', etc.
Honestly, based on what you're saying, it seems like Vanitas has more connections to Riku than Xehanort.
And Riku got that Dark Suit before possessed by Ansem.

Key_of_Faith

Interesting theory, and it might be possible. I wanna add something: Vanitas's hair is black too. Try pausing at the end of the cutscene where Vanitas's mask melts away, and you'll see.
Is it true Sora's VA is now Vanitas's VA? It sounded more like Riku's to me.

BFMV95

In the secret ansem report thing it says that any mental immaturity is due to his young age, Vanitas is only like what 14, or 15? So it depends when Xehanort becomes Ansem/Xemnas. Good theory anyway Pat :p

GilDartZ

quick note though, for a man vanitas has deep eyelashes similar to a woman's which i guess make sense, since he does have a creepy female laugh so he could just be crazy but idk i guess he wears make-up like emo's

Key_of_Faith

quick note though, for a man vanitas has deep eyelashes similar to a woman's
KH1 Sora has deep eyelashes too, but he's a boy. So Vanitas doesn't have to be a girl because he has deep eyelashes.

zexyishsmexy

Honestly, based on what you're saying, it seems like Vanitas has more connections to Riku than Xehanort.
Yes, I think you are right Strawberry.
Oathkeeper, I think you went a bit to far into it by saying that Van is Xehanort, through connections by him and Riku. I get your though process, but rarely are things in kingdom hearts as complex as that.
quick note though, for a man vanitas has deep eyelashes similar to a woman's which i guess make sense, since he does have a creepy female laugh so he could just be crazy but idk i guess he wears make-up like emo's
van.png

Van is male
and I'ma keep posting this pic until people get it XD

KH1 Sora has deep eyelashes too, but he's a boy. So Vanitas doesn't have to be a girl because he has deep eyelashes.
Yeah, most people, guy or girls in KH have great big eyelashes. XD

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Well, there have been numerous threads on this that I can't really count them all, but I'll share my opinion anyway. I kind of agree with half of what you said Oathkeeper. I do believe that Vanitas is Xehanort the Apprentice, but by different means. Maybe MX creates Vanitas, an image of himself, and names it after his own name, Xehanort. MX then uses Vanitas to attain KH. To support my theory, Vanitas means 'vain' in Latin or something; MX was vain in creating his 'image'.

I know it's a bit of stretch, but it's just my opinion.

Axens

Banned
yeah vanitas was kinda ment to share the same voice as sora. idk why its just the way nomura did it but your theory is very plausible.

This could be something to trick us into thinking that they are connected. Maybe they are in some kind of Nomura dream land, but who knows.

And I think that Vanitas has some connection to Ven. Dont know what that might be or who he might be as of yet, though. We need to see more people connected to Ven, first.

Oathkeeper2000

The reason I kept using Riku to explain was because it makes sense that if Vanitas becomes Xehanort the Apprentice, it means that he is also Xemnas and Heartless Ansem. Riku is kind of the deciding factor in my theory; since Riku openly accepted the darkness (which did turn out to actually be Ansem) his connection to Vanitas would explain why he gets the same Gem on his keyblade, why he has the same suit, why they fight the same way, etc. It's hard to explain but I'm trying my best to make it make sense

Zeagal

Lick It Good
This is a somewhat common theory that does seem to make sense, but like Berry said it is connecting Vanitas more to Riku than anything else and I still think that the physical resemblances between Terra and Apprentice Xehanort are too obvious to deny. I'm not saying that Vanitas isn't Xehanort nor am I saying that Terra is, but a combination seems likely.

B

Blade5468

As of right now, all we can really conclude about Vanitas is that he has a gold/yellow eye and dark eyebrows. His identity is still a mystery. So, here is my theory.

Ahaha I love this. It sounds like a mathematician.
Like, "The only thing we can really conclude is that under his mask Vanitas has at least one eye, at least one half of which is golden, and at least two strands of black hair."
(This entertains me. I don't know why. Probably because he put "an eye" and not "eyes.")

I personally think he has a much greater chance of becoming Xehanort than Terra does. Everything would fit together this way.

Why? A few reasons.

Okay, let's see why you think dis.

First, notice the strikingly similar features he shares with Riku. Their outfits are similar, they have the same fighting stance, the blue gems on Riku's and Vanitas' keyblade are the same, and in the most recent trailer, Vanitas reaches out to Ven in the same way Riku does to Sora.

Why does looking like Riku make him Xehanort..?

Oh, nice, you actually answered what I just asked. Counterarguments are trippy.
Anywayyyy.. That makes some sense, I suppose. Wouldn't it make more sense, though, that MX was plainly possessing / overtaking Vanitas and that's why he has that "Possessed by one or more of Xehanort's many reincarnation and/or forms" look, like Riku?

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
First, notice the strikingly similar features he shares with Riku.

Then that would connect him to Riku, not Xehanort.

Their outfits are similar, they have the same fighting stance

Which he had both before being possessed by XH.

the blue gems on Riku's and Vanitas' keyblade are the same

MX also has a blue eye on his keyblade. Also, the sides of the keyblade's handle look noticeable similar, if not exactly like, the Soul Eater's blade.

Since Heartless Ansem overtook Riku and possessed him, that would explain why Riku gets a similar outfit to Vanitas, and why Riku's keyblade has the same blue gem as Vanitas', etc.

*see above*

In the secret ansem report thing it says that any mental immaturity is due to his young age, Vanitas is only like what 14, or 15? So it depends when Xehanort becomes Ansem/Xemnas. Good theory anyway Pat :p

Except we see Xehanort in Mickey's flashback, which was less than a year after BBS, and Xehanort is surely not 14 or 15. He's at least in his early to mid twenties, if not older.

Maybe MX creates Vanitas, an image of himself, and names it after his own name, Xehanort. MX then uses Vanitas to attain KH. To support my theory, Vanitas means 'vain' in Latin or something; MX was vain in creating his 'image'.

The problem being is that Vanitas is still a boy in BBS and Xehanort was a man in Mickey's flashback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back