• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ven speaking in the beginning of KH2 intro?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bgizzles45

[video=youtube;im5tc4fcg5w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im5tc4fcg5w[/video]

Just a random thought. What do you think? Ven was thought of at this point because of the secret ending to the same game that provided this intro.

And if you look, Sora is at the cross road towards the same castle Ven is sleeping in.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The secret ending isn't really a good marker of whether or not Ven was thought of during KH2 as Nomura himself admitted that the only reason he put the characters in armour was because he had no idea what they looked like or who they were lol.

Regardless though, it is Sora speaking in the beginning. That's Haley Joel Osment.

bgizzles45

Really? Has it been that long since I've played KH? I thought it was Jesse McCartney's voice.

Hmm, maybe Sora was communicating with Ven? At that point of the scene, he never met Roxas.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Really? Has it been that long since I've played KH? I thought it was Jesse McCartney's voice.

Hmm, maybe Sora was communicating with Ven? At that point of the scene, he never met Roxas.

I've kind of decided to not give those opening lines much thought. They tend to not really amount to much overall, other than to kind of foreshadow what goes down in the prologue. Example: KHI starts with the "real or not" question, and then you watch a strange intro and go through a tutorial that takes place in an intense dream. Then you wake up.

In KHII, you get those intro lines, and then you meet a kid you've never seen before who, for whatever reason, is having recurring dreams about the events of KHI. This kid, Roxas, eventually learns that he's connected to this guy he keeps dreaming about.

System-wise, it's impossible that those opening KHII lines were really directed towards Ventus. The character literally did not exist back in 2005, the same way that Roxas didn't back in the original KH. In both cases, they're wearing the armor and the hooded coat respectively for the same reason: Nomura didn't actually have a design for them yet. They were both there to look neat and entice a sequel hook; all the crazy plot-specific stuff was created later.

bgizzles45

I've kind of decided to not give those opening lines much thought. They tend to not really amount to much overall, other than to kind of foreshadow what goes down in the prologue. Example: KHI starts with the "real or not" question, and then you watch a strange intro and go through a tutorial that takes place in an intense dream. Then you wake up.

In KHII, you get those intro lines, and then you meet a kid you've never seen before who, for whatever reason, is having recurring dreams about the events of KHI. This kid, Roxas, eventually learns that he's connected to this guy he keeps dreaming about.

System-wise, it's impossible that those opening KHII lines were really directed towards Ventus. The character literally did not exist back in 2005, the same way that Roxas didn't back in the original KH. In both cases, they're wearing the armor and the hooded coat respectively for the same reason: Nomura didn't actually have a design for them yet. They were both there to look neat and entice a sequel hook; all the crazy plot-specific stuff was created later.

Could the same be said about Mysterious Figure and Young Xehanort?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Good question. I don't recall anything that ever confirmed or denied that MF = Trollanort as he appeared in BBS. Then again, I don't dive into the interviews nearly as much as some of the people around here.

No, wait. Trollanort did exist during BBS. He's seen at the very beginning complaining about the world being too small, and during a weird little vision Terra has when little kid Riku starts talking about a boy who left the islands for good. Beating MF also gives you that Keyblade that Trollanort uses in DDD, No Name, which has all the time-related imagery in its design, such as the hourglass for a keychain.

MF was in the hooded coat for two reasons. The first being that at this point, we all see that coat as something that screams ENEMY. The second being to hide his face. Unlike Ven and Roxas, where their faces were hidden because they didn't actually have designs for their faces, MF needed that hood because he would have been one massive spoiler otherwise. People would have put two and two together, then asked, "Wait... so this guy who may or may not be a young Xehanort is fighting me, in a time where MX is an old geezer. I'm calling time travel shenanigans!"

Also, in order to be Mysterious, you just can't simply show your face the first time you show up. Every villain knows that!

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

It seemed that when he created the "mysterious figure" from KH that he had a plan for what he was going to do; it was more of a lack of design/intentionally hiding his identity than a complete lack of character.

As for Young Xehanort... that could be the case. We don't even know why he was in BBS in the first place. Could be a lack of design, but I believe they had an idea of his character, too, by that point.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
YMX in BBS was clearly put in with a lot more intention than the others. Time Travel is evident in his moves, in his weapon, etc. Like there was clear purpose in MF, and that it was a hint toward the plot of the next game (DDD).

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
When they made KH II I think it's been confirmed that it was suppose to be Mickey but it's not confirmed in game yet so that could change and be Ventus anyway I suppose.
Correct me if they've only said that about the first game, it could also be Diz talking though.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
When they made KH II I think it's been confirmed that it was suppose to be Mickey but it's not confirmed in game yet so that could change and be Ventus anyway I suppose.
Correct me if they've only said that about the first game, it could also be Diz talking though.

I think we're talking about different things here. The OP meant the very first few lines you see when you start KHII, the one about the scattered dream and lining the pieces up. You're thinking about the Voice during the Dive Onto the Heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back