• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Well...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Welcome to KHI, by the way.

The Door to Light opened because Sora's heart was the key to opening it, and the letter from Kairi re-released the inner feelings for both Riku and Kairi to return to the Realm of Light... at least, that's how i see it

Zipporahss

The Door to Light opened because Sora's heart was the key to opening it, and the letter from Kairi re-released the inner feelings for both Riku and Kairi to return to the Realm of Light... at least, that's how i see it

Yes, I agree with you, only I figured it out he hard way, it took me forever to realize that in the begining or end of one of the games that the voice said Sora was the key. I felt so stupid. But that's why I think Sora was able to open the door.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Endless Reason pretty much answered it.

Let's not forget that that particular scene, as well as the scene at the end of KH, is suppose to symbolize that little excerpt from Kairi's grandmother's story.

"Even in the deepest darkness, there will always be a light to guide you. Believe in the light, and the darkness will never defeat you. Your heart will shine with its power and push the darkness away." - Kairi's grandmother.

Stars

リク

I agree with what ER said anyway x3

Master Riku 789

I don't get it though. If it took seven princesses ti open the door to the light. Then should'nt have taken 7 completely dark heart beings to open the door to light. Is sora's heart stronger then the seven princesses or something? I'm confused.

hiddenblade

Welcome to KHI tofudude and this is a bit embarresing but how did you make this thread cause when I was new they told me were the stuuf was to make a new thread but I did not see any of it on the main page.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
I don't get it though. If it took seven princesses ti open the door to the light. Then should'nt have taken 7 completely dark heart beings to open the door to light. Is sora's heart stronger then the seven princesses or something? I'm confused.
No, the PoH opened the DTD Door to Darkness in Hollow Bastion.
87C09F32D7791D02FE5FD2.jpg

The door we are talking about was at the end of KH2, when Sora and Riku are on the dark beach.
Remember this scene?
It was Sora's heart that opened the door.
rikublinkwu3.gif

Hiddenblade:
  1. Click this at the top of the screen
  2. Click what ever your thread is about (Future of Kingdom Heart, Chain of memoires etc)
  3. Click the arrow next to "Forum Tool" This thing -> Forum Tools
    menu_open.gif
  4. A drop box should appear and click "Post a new thread"

Last edited:

Master Riku 789

No, the PoH opened the DTD Door to Darkness in Hollow Bastion.
87C09F32D7791D02FE5FD2.jpg

The door we are talking about was at the end of KH2, when Sora and Riku are on the dark beach.
Remember this scene?
It was Sora's heart that opened the door.
rikublinkwu3.gif

I know. What i'm saying is h why did it take the POH to open the door to darkness but it only took sora's heart to open the door to light?

hiddenblade

Master Riku 789 the reson the door to light opened for sora and riku to get through In my opinion is that there was a princess of heart aka Kairi and a keyblade bearer aka Mickey on one side and two keyblade bearers on the dark side aka Sora and Riku the four of them togather could probaly open a small door to the light like the small ones in kh1 not like the huge ones in the end of kh1 that destroyed xeanorts heartless or the one that they opened close to the end in kingdom hearts2 but big enough for Sora and Riku to get through to Kairi mickey and Donald and Goofy.

Last edited:

Master Riku 789

Master Riku 789 the reson the door to light opened for sora and riu to get through In my opinion is that there was a princess of heart aka Kairi and a keyblade bearer aka Mickey on one side and two keyblade bearers on the dark side aka Sora and Riku the four of them togather could probaly open a small door to the light like the small ones in kh1 not like the huge ones in the end of kh1 that destroyed xeanorts heartless or the one that they opened close to the end in kingdom hearts2 but big enough for Sora and Riku to get through to Kairi mickey and Donald and Goofy.

O'k now it makes sense. They opened a door to the light just not one that was as big as the door to darkness in kh1. Sorta like a mini door to the light.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Hiddenblade:How to make a new thread.
  1. Click this at the top of the screen
  2. Click what ever your thread is about (Future of Kingdom Heart, Chain of memoires etc)
  3. Click the arrow next to "Forum Tool" This thing -> Forum Tools
    menu_open.gif
  4. A drop box should appear and click "Post a new thread"
I don't know if you saw this or not but anyway here you go

WaveK89

Yen said, "You are the key who will open the door to Light."

In Kingdom Hearts, a disembodied voice said, "You are the one who will open the door." I assume this person means the door to light as well.

Although the Door to Light did open at the end of KHII, there seems to be a much larger purpose for the door to light. I mean, it's not like this disemboidied voice could have known the destiny of Sora, Riku, and Kairi...:confused:

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Yen said, "You are the key who will open the door to Light."

In Kingdom Hearts, a disembodied voice said, "You are the one who will open the door." I assume this person means the door to light as well.

Although the Door to Light did open at the end of KHII, there seems to be a much larger purpose for the door to light. I mean, it's not like this disemboidied voice could have known the destiny of Sora, Riku, and Kairi...:confused:

Its a voice, it knows all XD. But It has probobly happend, similar to the way sora does it, in the past and since Nomura pretty musc said that history repeats itself, I think that the voice was just making an acurate prediction.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Iono, am I the only one who didn't see no freaking Door there?!

Remember when Kairi jumped into the Corridor of Darkness to run away from Axel? She went into Between-Betwix and there were two portals there - one being of Darkness, the other being of Light. It shows to which Realm it leads, but it's hardly a door.
That thing at the end of KH2 was simply a Corridor leading Sora and Riku back to the Realm of Light.
Seeing all the issue they made with opening the Door to Light in KH1, that it would have a much greater impact than sending two brats back home :\

Oh, and let alone have something to do with the Keyblade instead of a random letter put together from the menu-movies' texts.
Never forget that tidbit.

Kairi's letter brought up the homesickness in both Sora and Riku, and made them accept (well, Riku was mostly dragged along by Sora) that despite it all and despite them all but agreeing to become the Darkness, no, they didn't belong there. There were people waiting for them and a Home they were two years overdo to return to.
Much like Riku was unable to open Corridors of Darkness anymore once XH was gone from him, they yes managed to open a Corridor back home to the Realm they did belong in - being the Realm of Light.

No Door involved.

Key of Valor

The Professor
When I first saw the door, I couldn't believe it myself either.
The door to light just seemed so insignificant. By that point,
the plot in KH2 already had me upset and to just throw in
the door to light like that frustrated me.

Unfortubately that door at the end was the door to light.
At the end of KH1, Sora hesitated to seal the door with
Mickey and Riku in it but Mickey assured Sora there
would always be a door to the light, meaning that they
could find a way back. I like to think though that Sora's
'opening of the dooor to light' has drastically changed
something that is not apparent yet. Kind of how Sora's
stabbing himself with the Dark Key created Roxas and
Namine but we didn't know that until KH2.

A

Audo

That isn't the Door to Light.
Door to Light isn't behind the darkness. That "thing" that Sora and Riku went through was behind the darkness and was to show that even in the darkest of darkness (the Dark Sea in this example) that there is a little light. If anything, it was just the opposite to how the Corridor of Darkness looks. Not the Door to Light.

C

Colours

Sora reads the letter from Kairi and then the door to light opened, what happened? I always thought the door opened because of soras feelings for Kairi or desire to see her but IDK.
---

Actually, the door opened because Sora finally realize that he was the key to
the Light Realm. I think it served it's suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back