• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you think is the last Disney world to be revealed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

notnow123487

Awards
Is there...something I missed? How did the trailer completely throw any hope of WIR being in 3, and opened the window for Atlantis all of a sudden? I thought it was because of the 'underwater aspects' that dashed any hopes of Atlantis being in KH3. What changed?

There’s no more trailers in November. WIR comes out this week. There’s no way Disney marketing would allow WIR to be announced outside of the marketing leadup for the movie.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
There’s no more trailers in November. WIR comes out this week. There’s no way Disney marketing would allow WIR to be announced outside of the marketing leadup for the movie.

Ralph Breaks the Internet comes out next month in Japan on the same day as Jump Festa, so they could be waiting to tie it in to the Japanese release as well as saving it for the final world announcement since it’ll be the hottest animated Disney property on the market over the holidays. If it isn’t in Union Cross, of course.

horto12485

Awards
Either The Jungle Book or Atlantis (Unless we get it in the Next Saga alongside Treasure Planet cause i'm giving up my Hopes for Atlantis/Treasure Planet for Kingdom Hearts 3 till it gets in the Next Saga)

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I'm also running with the theory that it is going to be a world that is probably not as heavily marketable.

I also have a feeling they are going to keep at least one world a secret. I don't think they have ever revealed every single world in the game ahead of release (I could be wrong about that, because I have a tendency to go dark before a game comes out and limit what news I see).

Either way, if we look at the worlds we know are in the game (I am guessing at the order):

Tier 1
1) Olympus
2) Traverse Town / Mysterious Tower
3) Toy Story

Tier 2
4) Radiant Garden/Winnie the Pooh
5) Rapunzel
6) Frozen

Tier 3
7) Monsters Inc.
8) Pirates
9) Big Hero 6

10) "Final World" that Nomura always wanted to do???

If we include original worlds as part of the "sets" of three, then by that logic there actually shouldn't be any more worlds to announce. But I believe there was at least a quote from someone saying that while they were working on the worlds in sets of 3, "that isn't to say there are only 9 worlds in the game..." I feel like that would be pretty lame to claim it is more than 9 and actually just mean 10. We also have no idea if WtP is considered its own world this time, or if it is going to be based in Twilight Town or not. If it is part of Twilight Town well that naturally frees up a whole space.

I have no idea how many they have yet to show, but I feel like it would be crazy not to have at LEAST one more world hidden. The problem is, I don't know if they are going to show us what it is before launch, especially if it is something not as marketable (like a return to Agrabah) or kind of niche (Atlantis) and/or not as well known in Japan (Princess and the Frog). They are definitely pushing the Disney franchises strongly, trying to use the big names of these movies to draw crowds. And like I said before, I dunno if they are actually going to show their whole hand before the game comes out.

So my prediction is that they will NOT reveal any more worlds, but that there will be more worlds in the game.

I also think there will be some smaller worlds that we will visit that might count as a "world" but won't be fully fleshed out. I think we will go back to Radiant Garden, but it will be fairly small in scope. I think we will go back to Destiny Islands, but it will be very small (as a stylistic choice this makes sense with the game's plot as well-- as Destiny Islands is supposed to feel "small"). I also think we will go to Castle Oblivion or Land of Departure at least, depending on the story. But there is no reason for those worlds to be massively expansive and that will probably rack up the "world count" list.

In terms of actual, large scale Disney worlds? At the MOST I think at least 2 more.

Like the others, I am putting my money on Atlantis and Princess and the Frog but would not be surprised by a reprise of Agrabah (please no) or something so insane none of us could have expected it.

After all, Nomura did say a while back that his favorite world had yet to be revealed, and that was after the Pirates announcement, right? So like...unless his favorite world is Winnie the Pooh...?

I'm wondering what world it could be.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm also running with the theory that it is going to be a world that is probably not as heavily marketable.

I also have a feeling they are going to keep at least one world a secret. I don't think they have ever revealed every single world in the game ahead of release (I could be wrong about that, because I have a tendency to go dark before a game comes out and limit what news I see).

Either way, if we look at the worlds we know are in the game (I am guessing at the order):

Tier 1
1) Olympus
2) Traverse Town / Mysterious Tower
3) Toy Story

Tier 2
4) Radiant Garden/Winnie the Pooh
5) Rapunzel
6) Frozen

Tier 3
7) Monsters Inc.
8) Pirates
9) Big Hero 6

10) "Final World" that Nomura always wanted to do???

If we include original worlds as part of the "sets" of three, then by that logic there actually shouldn't be any more worlds to announce. But I believe there was at least a quote from someone saying that while they were working on the worlds in sets of 3, "that isn't to say there are only 9 worlds in the game..." I feel like that would be pretty lame to claim it is more than 9 and actually just mean 10. We also have no idea if WtP is considered its own world this time, or if it is going to be based in Twilight Town or not. If it is part of Twilight Town well that naturally frees up a whole space.

I have no idea how many they have yet to show, but I feel like it would be crazy not to have at LEAST one more world hidden. The problem is, I don't know if they are going to show us what it is before launch, especially if it is something not as marketable (like a return to Agrabah) or kind of niche (Atlantis) and/or not as well known in Japan (Princess and the Frog). They are definitely pushing the Disney franchises strongly, trying to use the big names of these movies to draw crowds. And like I said before, I dunno if they are actually going to show their whole hand before the game comes out.

So my prediction is that they will NOT reveal any more worlds, but that there will be more worlds in the game.

I also think there will be some smaller worlds that we will visit that might count as a "world" but won't be fully fleshed out. I think we will go back to Radiant Garden, but it will be fairly small in scope. I think we will go back to Destiny Islands, but it will be very small (as a stylistic choice this makes sense with the game's plot as well-- as Destiny Islands is supposed to feel "small"). I also think we will go to Castle Oblivion or Land of Departure at least, depending on the story. But there is no reason for those worlds to be massively expansive and that will probably rack up the "world count" list.

In terms of actual, large scale Disney worlds? At the MOST I think at least 2 more.

Like the others, I am putting my money on Atlantis and Princess and the Frog but would not be surprised by a reprise of Agrabah (please no) or something so insane none of us could have expected it.

After all, Nomura did say a while back that his favorite world had yet to be revealed, and that was after the Pirates announcement, right? So like...unless his favorite world is Winnie the Pooh...?

I'm wondering what world it could be.

Most people are saying that his favourite world is going to be Kingdom Hearts, but I think it's going to be Cable Town. Nomura did say that the world that Xehanort and Eraqus play in is an original world yet to be revealed. Said original world definitely has Land of Departure vibes. Nomura is no stranger to rebranding original worlds, look at Hollow Bastion's rebranding to Radiant Garden.

Nomura also confirmed that Monsters Inc. is a stage 1 world alongside Olympus and Toy Box. I think we may be getting a total of 13 worlds altogether (Disney + Original). Dream Drop Distance had 7 sleeping worlds corresponding with the 7 Princesses of Heart. And with every world in Kingdom Hearts III, we have a Seeker of Darkness introduced in each world which justifies the 3 world total.

With that being said, here's what I think the order of the worlds will be, and which Seekers of Darkness will be introduced.

Tier 1
Olympus (Xigbar)
Mysterious Tower / Twilight Town (Xemnas and Ansem, Seeker of Darkness)
Toy Box (Young Xehanort)
Monstropolis (Vanitas)

Tier 2
Radiant Garden (Isa)
Kingdom of Corona (Marluxia)
Arendelle (Larxene)
Twilight Town / 100 Acre Wood

Tier 3
(Disney World) (Seeker of Darkness)
The Caribbean (Luxord)
San Fransokyo (Data Riku)
Cable Town / Land of Departure (Seeker of Darkness)
The Keyblade Graveyard / Kingdom Hearts (Master Xehanort)

Worlds that have a / next to them either means that it's a world within a world, or that it's a world that is directly connected. Each tier has three Disney worlds with an original world in the mix, and a Seeker of Darkness is involved with all the worlds except for 100 Acre Wood.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I could make arguments for both Atlantis and Princess and the Frog, but I’ll go with the latter because it just seems a bit more realistic for them to include among all the other properties. It features a memorable villain that fits perfectly with KH, a modern princess still used by Disney, and unique environments. They may not have revealed it yet because it isn’t as big of a property, it has an anniversary coming up in December, and it would be a great world to debut Face My Fears alongside with a Jack Skellington summon and Haunted Mansion attraction flow. (There’s also a chance they had to rework the character models after the controversy with Tiana in WIR2.)

That being said, I don’t think there’s only one world left. Based on the fact that we’ve only seen four summons, only two of which use the concept of calling upon old party members, I think Nomura has been keeping a lot of surprises to knock us off our feet here towards the end. As long as this has been in development, I’m sure he wouldn’t want to play all of his cards too far ahead of release.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I think we're getting one or two more worlds. We're definitely getting a bombshell as our last world announcement, and maybe a curveball before it. Nomura has been very meticulous with the info stream of this game. He'd hop on twitter immediately and announce that all the worlds were revealed if they truly were. I could be wrong, but I do think we've got something big coming.

I think it's going to be something very cool or popular... Princess and the Frog comes to mind, or another Pixar work perhaps.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think we're getting one or two more worlds. We're definitely getting a bombshell as our last world announcement, and maybe a curveball before it. Nomura has been very meticulous with the info stream of this game. He'd hop on twitter immediately and announce that all the worlds were revealed if they truly were. I could be wrong, but I do think we've got something big coming.

I think it's going to be something very cool or popular... Princess and the Frog comes to mind, or another Pixar work perhaps.

I agree. I would hope if all the Disney worlds were revealed, it would be reflected in press materials. Like they would say, “journey across the worlds of eight spectacular Disney properties,” instead of being vague about how many worlds there are in the game. It’s best to manage expectations that way, in my opinion. But SE might not see it that way. They may just be scared of being burned at the stake by toxic fans if they confirm all the worlds are announced. Lol

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
yeah i could see princess and the frog at game award show while nomura and company get the unexpected world at jump festa

ghostwarmen

Awards

Agreed, by now we would’ve heard if we were done with Disney worlds. Or, before the last trailer is shown at a big event, Nomura or whoever could just say “with this trailer we are about to show, you will know all the worlds in the game,” or something to that degree.

redcrown

Awards
Nomura has already confirmed no Marvel/SW for KH3.

Thank God, Nomura has solid sense for once.

And please no more Pixar Worlds, Toy Story and Monsters Inc are already good enough and anything else would just fit poorly or be unwanted. The day Bug's Life, Cars, or Finding Nemo is in KH is the day I'm going to seriously consider dropping the series, and The Incredibles is too good for KH.

Also, am I the only one who isn't that thrilled about a WIR world possiblity? I wasn't a fan of the movie even though I like the character and voice of Wreck it Ralph himself, and I cannot stand Vanellope at all. Plus having a video game centered world would just be too self referential and meta for me. I would rather KH not take that route of being overly self aware of what it is (except for the mention in Toy Story, which is small and humorous enough to not break the illusion of playing the game)

I'm hoping the last world or two we get is of a 2D film at the very least (that's isn't a returning world), like Lilo and Stitch, Princess and the Frog, Atlantis, or Jungle Book; even though I think JB wouldn't fit that well in KH3, I'd still appreciate it being in this game for the choice alone of bringing a memorable 2D classic film that's been very close to being in this series for a long time.

Treasure Planet would be my ultimate wish, but I know this isn't going to happen in KH3, since it's not a popular film and the pirate theme world is already taken by PotC.

Last edited:

Shogo-Kun

Awards
It's rather slim, but if "The Princess and the Frog" does make it into KINGDOM HEARTS III, as God as my wittness, I'm going to scream...

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Scream from joy or anger?

Joy, honey. Sweet, sweet joy. "The Princess and the Frog" is my second all-time Disney animated film, with "Beauty and the Beast" sitting at number one.

On that note, I hope Beast comes back as a Link Summon. I need to see my furry daddy in that Unreal Engine 4 goodness... plus, he needs more love.

Last edited:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I would think if they had any really popular properties left to announce they would have announced it earlier so they could add it to the trailers that would be playing in theaters.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
What if there’s a new original world with a multitude of different Disney characters? Like a new Traverse Town, but more fully realized?

kaseykockroach

Awards
I imagine if Twilight Town is indeed KH3's hub world, it'll be much more fleshed out than it was in KH2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back