• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What ever happened to naming your finisher?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

THE GAME

I remember something about naming your finisher, and I remember seeing people do it on live streams.

How do you do it? I don't see an option for it anywhere...

Gram

Banned
Awards
go to the finisher screen and it says in the top right corner "*trinagle symbol* rename"

THE GAME

What... oh wow. I never bothered to look up there. I was too focused in the finishers and their descriptions themselves. Haha, I feel dumb now.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I changed my original one to fuck you in caps, because Terra seems like the kinda guy who would yell that right before he finished destroying someone.

THE GAME

I changed my original one to fuck you in caps, because Terra seems like the kinda guy who would yell that right before he finished destroying someone.
+9 awesome points

I can't think of a good one. In fact, I don't think i'm even going to rename any of them. I just wanted to know if we still could. :p

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
+9 awesome points

I can't think of a good one. In fact, I don't think i'm even going to rename any of them. I just wanted to know if we still could. :p

Rename it to fuck you. Seriously. I showed my family and they laughed.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
I renamed the majority of everyone's finishers to something I liked. Only Explosion didn't receive a rename because I couldn't think of a good name for it...Apart from that one, I have Unlocked everyone's renameable finisher and renamed them, with a few exceptions apart from Explosion. Here's the list:

Terra-
Standard Finish>Power Strike
Heat Slash>Blazing Spiral
Rising Rock 1>Terra Spiral
Gold Rush>Payday
Ramuh's Judgement>Lightning Lash
Rising Rock 2>Terra Surge
Twisted Hours>Temporal Raid
Surprise! 1>Moneymaker
Dark Star 1>Black Spiral
Heal Strike>Curaga Blade
Random End> Not renamed
Surprise! 2>Moolah Wrangler
Dark Star 2>Dark Meteor
Explosion>Not renamed
Demolition>Terratris

Name Reasoning 1: Most of the commands were renamed based on the animation used during the attack, such as the various Spirals and Temporal Raid. The Munny finisher set was renamed to what they are because it sounded more interesting to me. Terra's Rising Rock/Dark Star set were renamed in a progressive order, as those main finishers are sort of an evolution set. The reasoning behind Terratris is pretty simple for anyone who has played Tetris and used this particular command with Terra. The various cursor groups look much like the various shapes found in Tetris, and like with actual tetris blocks, you have to move them in order to hit enemies, and they show up in random directions. It fits very well.

Note: The names of the Munny set, Temporal Raid, Curaga Blade, and the elemental Finishers are the same for all three characters, thus they are omitted below, along with Explosion. Only the names of additions/signature Finishers will be posted, unless otherwise demanded.

Ventus-
Standard Finish>Rapid Sweeper
Air Flair 1>Wind Spiral
Air Flair 2>Gale Spiral
Air Flair 3>Tornado Spiral
Air Flair 4>Cyclone Spiral
Celebration>Avarice
Stratosphere>Dive Bomb

Name reasoning 2: As with Terra's signature set, Ventus Air Flairs are named progressively, as they increase in Wind power. Ventus' exclusive Celebration is named Avarice because it is free money. Unlike the previous commands, it is a set amount, so Moolah Wrangler is a bit better option if in a crowd. Dive Bomb is named such because of the animation, Ventus leaps up and dives upon his enemies multiple times, then rises farther up and drops down in a blast of light, blowing nearby enemies away. Thus, the name fits.

Aqua-
Standard Finish>Orb Spiral
Magic Pulse 1>Status Orb
Heat Slash 2>Blazing Surge
Magic Pulse 2>Triple Sphere
Magic Pulse 3>Quad Sphere
Magic Pulse 4>Triple Pulse
Ice Burst>Blizzara Shot
Teleport Spike>Warp Barrage

Name Reasoning 3:Aqua's is actually incomplete. One last finisher has yet to be unlocked, but it is Moolah Wrangler, and thus is not noted. Blazing Surge is named such as it is an evolution of Blazing Spiral (Like with Terra Spiral and Terra Surge). The Magic Pulses are named such due to their appearance, as Triple and Quad sphere have 3 and 4 spheres in the animation respectively. Triple Pulse is named such because it is a 3 part finisher, not as a downgrade. Warp Barrage is more of an alternate name to Teleport Spike based on the animation, and the fact that she warps from orb to orb. Ice Burst is named Blizzara Shot due to the animation, as she performs a Blizzard Spiral, then fires three Blizzard Shots without needing a button press.

Those are the various Finisher names I have given. Feel free to share your thoughts about them.

Last edited:

THE GAME

I renamed the majority of everyone's finishers to something I liked. Only Explosion didn't receive a rename because I couldn't think of a good name for it...Apart from that one, I have Unlocked everyone's renameable finisher and renamed them, with a few exceptions apart from Explosion. Here's the list:

Terra-
Standard Finish>Power Strike
Heat Slash>Blazing Spiral
Rising Rock 1>Terra Spiral
Gold Rush>Payday
Ramuh's Judgement>Lightning Lash
Rising Rock 2>Terra Surge
Twisted Hours>Temporal Raid
Surprise! 1>Moneymaker
Dark Star 1>Black Spiral
Heal Strike>Curaga Blade
Random End> Not renamed
Surprise! 2>Moolah Wrangler
Dark Star 2>Dark Meteor
Explosion>Not renamed
Demolition>Terratris

Name Reasoning 1: Most of the commands were renamed based on the animation used during the attack, such as the various Spirals and Temporal Raid. The Munny finisher set was renamed to what they are because it sounded more interesting to me. Terra's Rising Rock/Dark Star set were renamed in a progressive order, as those main finishers are sort of an evolution set. The reasoning behind Terratris is pretty simple for anyone who has played Tetris and used this particular command with Terra. The various cursor groups look much like the various shapes found in Tetris, and like with actual tetris blocks, you have to move them in order to hit enemies, and they show up in random directions. It fits very well.

Note: The names of the Munny set, Temporal Raid, Curaga Blade, and the elemental Finishers are the same for all three characters, thus they are omitted below, along with Explosion. Only the names of additions/signature Finishers will be posted, unless otherwise demanded.

Ventus-
Standard Finish>Rapid Sweeper
Air Flair 1>Wind Spiral
Air Flair 2>Gale Spiral
Air Flair 3>Tornado Spiral
Air Flair 4>Cyclone Spiral
Celebration>Avarice
Stratosphere>Dive Bomb

Name reasoning 2: As with Terra's signature set, Ventus Air Flairs are named progressively, as they increase in Wind power. Ventus' exclusive Celebration is named Avarice because it is free money. Unlike the previous commands, it is a set amount, so Moolah Wrangler is a bit better option if in a crowd. Dive Bomb is named such because of the animation, Ventus leaps up and dives upon his enemies multiple times, then rises farther up and drops down in a blast of light, blowing nearby enemies away. Thus, the name fits.

Aqua-
Standard Finish>Orb Spiral
Magic Pulse 1>Status Orb
Heat Slash 2>Blazing Surge
Magic Pulse 2>Triple Sphere
Magic Pulse 3>Quad Sphere
Magic Pulse 4>Triple Pulse
Ice Burst>Not obtained
Teleport Spike>Warp Barrage

Name Reasoning 3:Aqua's is actually incomplete. 2 of her finishers have yet to be unlocked, but Moolah Wrangler is one of them, and thus is not noted. Blazing Surge is named such as it is an evolution of Blazing Spiral (Like with Terra Spiral and Terra Surge). The Magic Pulses are named such due to their appearance, as Triple and Quad sphere have 3 and 4 spheres in the animation respectively. Triple Pulse is named such because it is a 3 part finisher, not as a downgrade. Warp Barrage is more of an alternate name to Teleport Spike based on the animation, and the fact that she warps from orb to orb. I will edit this post when I obtain Ice Burst, as I intend to use and rename it.

Those are the various Finisher names I have given. Feel free to share your thoughts about them.
Oh wow, awesome! Very creative. You also get +9 awesome points, haha.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I'm playing Aqua on Critical, and this what I've renamed hers (the ones that i have at least)

Finish - Magic Spiral

Magic Pulse 1 - Resistance

Gold Rush - Gold Rush (Didn't bother)

Heat Slash 1 - Frizzle Spin

Heat Slash 2 - Magma Spiral

Ramuh's Judgement - Thunder Flurry

Magic Pulse 2 - Mystical Dance

Twisting Hours - Shifting Time

Surprise! 1 - Lucky Draw

Magic Pulse 3 - Sensation

Magic Pulse 4 - Spell Rotation

Explosion - Trinity Slam

Ice Burst - Frost Bite

Teleport Spike - Mage's Wrath

I rename Explosion to Trinity Slam for all of them.
I also rename Surprise! to the same thing for everyone, and Twisting Hours as Shifting Time.

I'll look up Ven's and Terra's in a little while, then I'll say them.

Ven---

Finish - Quick Step

Air Flair 1 - Tempest Twister

Gold Rush - Gold Rush

Air Flair 2 - Battle Twister

Surprise! 1 - Lucky Draw

Air Flair 3 - Tornado Twist

Explosion - Trinity Slam

Air Flair 4 - Hurricane Strike

Stratosphere - Turbulance

I don't have much for Ven haha.

Last edited:

αsiя

space coke
I probably shouldn't tell you guys what I named my finishers.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
@Marx: Awesome names! I like the flowing creativity around here.

@Asia:Why not? Curse words? Innuendo? You can at least tell us why you won't tell us, prevents curiosity.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
@Marx: Awesome names! I like the flowing creativity around here.

@Asia:Why not? Curse words? Innuendo? You can at least tell us why you won't tell us, prevents curiosity.

Thank you ShadowXemnas

Now I'll say my Terra finishers---

Finish - Thrasher

Heat Slash 1 - Frizzle Spin

Gold Rush - Gold Rush

Rising Rock 1 - Stone Cold

Ramuh's Judgement - Thunder Flurry

Rising Rock 2 - Boulder Bash

Surprise! 1 - Lucky Draw

Dark Star 1 - Star Shower

Heal Strike - Celestial Brace

Surprise! 2 - Russian Roulette

Random End - Last Resort

Dark Star 2 - Star Stream

Explosion - Trinity Slam

Demolition - Apocalypse

Last edited:

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
@Marx: Sweet. I like Celestial Brace, that's really cool

@Asia:Ahhh...Okay. Understood.

If anyone else wants to list their Finisher names here, we'd love to hear them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back