• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What KH1 had that KH2 didn't.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
In Kingdom Hearts 1 you could swim, you could climb, there were worlds where you could fly.

There were sidequests and secret weapons and things, like collecting rare items from mushrooms (mushrooms, also not in KH2).

Disney worlds with story that contributed to the rest of the game.

The worlds weren't as 2-dimensional.
- Wonderland shrank you, flipped upside-down etc.
- You could freeze bubbles in Hollow Bastion so that they served a different purpose.
- Library in Hollow Bastion, you had to put the books in the correct shelves.
- The trinities added to level design as well
- Levels in KH2 were just a set of rooms basically, no depth to them. They looked nice, but that's it.

There seemed to be more effort put into the final boss of KH1

The characters designs seemed more character-y and memorable, fairly bland for the most part in KH2.
(Not saying there weren't any improvements *cough* Kairi *cough*)

I dunno, those are all I can think of currently.

defender11

In Kingdom Hearts 1 you could swim, you could climb, there were worlds where you could fly.

There were sidequests and secret weapons and things, like collecting rare items from mushrooms (mushrooms, also not in KH2).

Disney worlds with story that contributed to the rest of the game.

The worlds weren't as 2-dimensional.
- Wonderland shrank you, flipped upside-down etc.
- You could freeze bubbles in Hollow Bastion so that they served a different purpose.
- Library in Hollow Bastion, you had to put the books in the correct shelves.
- The trinities added to level design as well
- Levels in KH2 were just a set of rooms basically, no depth to them. They looked nice, but that's it.

There seemed to be more effort put into the final boss of KH1

The characters designs seemed more character-y and memorable, fairly bland for the most part in KH2.
(Not saying there weren't any improvements *cough* Kairi *cough*)

I dunno, those are all I can think of currently.

that was beautiful :')
i can't say much more, you hit it right on the head.
i love all of the hidden things that most people miss.
POSTCARDS!! i love them.
casting fire on the sea urchin in Atlantica to blow up the wall is another.

Awards
that was beautiful :')
i can't say much more, you hit it right on the head.
i love all of the hidden things that most people miss.
POSTCARDS!! i love them.
casting fire on the sea urchin in Atlantica to blow up the wall is another.

Thank you, and yes! The postcards! Just little things that they had in Kingdom Hearts 1 that made it so much more that KH2 ever could be.

thedairyfairy

its seems like KHII could have been a completely indepedent game without the disney elements. Honestly, the disney world and characters had pretty much nothing to do with the story. KHI was completely based around it, with the seven princesses and the group of villians trying to find them. Thats what made KHI so great, but it felt like they completely dumped that in KHII.

Also, as said, no more platforming, side quests, trinities, etc.

DarkSoldier85

Puzzles that actually required some thought, a major plot twist (riku being the true owner of the KK) rather than one that was soooo easily guessed but wasn't confirmed exactly till the end of the game, a story where good and evil were clearly defined, better counter-attack system. I seem to be the only one here who didn't really like the trinities...

EDIT: I'm pretty sure they tried to combine the gameplay from the two games in 358/2. Anyone here able to confirm that?

What really makes KH1 better then KH2 for me is the fact that game is somewhat difficult. I feel that there is actually a challenge in playing KH1. The story is also better in KH1 and incorporated the Disney worlds. In KH2 I think maybe one or two Disney worlds were actually involved in the main plot of the story and not just some side adventure with Pete. Also one thing that really got was the change in Hades as a boss fight. In KH1 he was an awesome boss but in KH2 he lost his flare. Also the Olympus Colosseum in KH1 was done better then what it was in KH2.

Mage of light

I really liked the trinities, but the plot in Kh2 was so much better than 1. ( with Roxas and the Org 13)

defender11

I really liked the trinities, but the plot in Kh2 was so much better than 1. ( with Roxas and the Org 13)

Really? i disagree. I thought the plot was really original in the first, then just an attempt to continue the series and make some money in the second. just my opinion though.

DarkSoldier85

Now, if KH2 also means KH2FM+, that game was amazing. Much more challenging, had Limit form, and the data battles. Those made up for a lot of the things the original KH2 lacked.
Really? i disagree. I thought the plot was really original in the first, then just an attempt to continue the series and make some money in the second. just my opinion though.

I loved both games equally, it's just that there were things they could have carried over from the first that would have made it better.

Jfighter

I liked the Magic and learning Abilities in KH1 (i do like the idea of a defense spell, like KH2 Fire, though). KH2, I like the idea of reaction Commands, but they over did-it, they should have had the Commands have more restrictive circumstances. The KH1 world storylines were better, but the KH2 overall storyline was better. KH1, there was a purpose behind the worlds, but I hated the whole Ansem SoD was the REAL nemesis using Maleficent as a puppet. I sort-of liked the Trinities, hated the Postcards, and LOVED the Dalmations. KH2's best thing in my opinion is the Forms. I can't think of anything else at this moment.

iNerdz

Eh, actually bareable for Aerith and Ansem (Xehanort's heartless)?

But in all seriousness, kh1 was something like magic when you played it. A whole new adventure where you didn't know what was coming next. Kh2 only built upon that, and only a little (not saying I didn't love it, cause I did).

iNerdz

I meant like Aerith and Ansem's voices sounded like crap in the second one, at least in my opinion.

defender11

I meant like Aerith and Ansem's voices sounded like crap in the second one, at least in my opinion.

oh okay. i'm sorry, the first post just confused me. i loved ASoD's voice in the first one. Yeah, Aerith's voice was sorta weird in both IMO. You're talking about AtW, right? you should specify to avoid confusion.

Sparks

gone
Oh ummm there was Aero and Arcs Arcanum and Raganork also tinker bell and dumbo.

defender11

^^^ yeah, Strike Raid was my favorite.
somehow, if Strike Raid and the final hit of Ragnarok could be combined, that would be sweet.
personally, i thought these were cooler than reaction commands (triangle mashing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back