• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHUX ► What should an offline version of KHX/KHUX be like?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zackarix

Awards
If it happens it'll probably just be a port of KHUX with all the online parts removed. But I think that if they put real work into revamping the game it could be halfway decent, at least to the point where it would be worth playing over watching a cutscene video on YouTube:
  • Include all the existing story including the parts of KHX that didn't make it into KHUX and sidequests.
  • Have the main story be chapter based instead of having a thousand missions. It's fine to put challenges and stuff in sidequests, but the main story should be beatable by casual players.
  • Have KHX's story go first then have KHUX as a New Game +, maybe unlocking Dark Road after finishing that.
  • Have all the existing avatar parts that can legally be used and maybe a few new ones to fill in the gaps.
  • Have gendered avatar parts be a filter only if one must exist at all. If I want to make a character that wears the clothing of Roxas and the hair of Rapunzel I should be able to.
  • Replace the cards and medals with the command deck.
  • Have an option to turn pets on and off.
  • Call the new version Another X or May Your Heart Be Your Guiding X or something equally ridiculous.
Before anyone says it I know that ideally the X saga should be remade with action gameplay and Unreal Engine graphics. But given that SE wasn't willing to make them that way in the first place I want to keep my wishful thinking to a lower level.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I suspect they won't do this out of a sense of being as complete as possible, but I'd prefer they cut about 66-75% of quests and 90% of medals. We don't need like 50 different Sora medals.

Zackarix

Awards
Probably the best compromise between wanting to simplify combat and wanting to keep the complete medal collection would be to turn medals (and the old KHX cards) into collectables, similar to what MoM did. That way they satisfy completionist urges without having to figure out how to rebalance KHUX's insane power creep.

Another cool thing that they aren't going to do: fully animating all those dialogue-only cutscenes. Theater mode is missing a decent chunk of story because they apparently weren't worth including. So clearly they need to be upgraded to the point where they are worth including. But maybe this is too much to ask for with a company that only has two animators

And continuing that line of thought, here's a bad idea only I will like: adapt Back Cover into the game. Back Cover is a bad movie, but it plays an essential role in fleshing out the Foretellers, something that the game completely neglects to do. Adapting at least a few BC scenes would go a long way toward fleshing out these characters that are supposed to be really important but have minimal focus in the game itself.

Last edited:
Back