• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Would You Like to See if KH Was More Mainstream?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Is this the right section for a thread like this? I'm not sure.

Anyway, let me explain what this forum is supposed to be about.

So, I watch a lot of cooking shows on the Food Network. Cake decorating shows in particular are some of my favorite things in the world.

So, the other day I was watching Cake Wars--where three contestants were trying to make Star Wars cakes for one of them to be at the premiere of the new movie--and it got me thinking about what I'd try to do for a Kingdom Hearts cake, if there was ever a competition for something like that.

Mainly I think I'd do a Chain of Memories scene, where I have a sculpted Naminé standing on top of four Castle Oblivion pillars (all made out of cake, though maybe Nami herself would be made out of modeling chocolate), and in her hands there'd be some glass sugar chains, but each one would get bigger and bigger, until it segued into cake pieces on either side of her, where I'd paint some of Sora's memories on them, as if they were TV screens or something.

...I don't know if I explained that that well, but that's what I would do, personally.

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is because I want to know what YOU guys would love to see like this, if KH happened to be more mainstream.

You can continue the cake discussion if you want, I guess LOL (and say what maybe you would do with one), or you could even talk about other things: like if KH was ever fortunate enough to get a Super Bowl commercial, or something like that. IDK.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
this should be moved to future of kingdom hearts

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
this should be moved to future of kingdom hearts

See, I'd thought that at first, but then I thought that wouldn't make sense. Mainly because we don't know if KH will ever be famous enough for anything like this to happen?

But if you think it should be moved, I'll take your word for it:) How do you go about moving it, though? I've never actually changed categories for a forum post that I've made before^_^'

Thanks a bunch for the help, btw! I really appreciate it, friend.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
no problem, it appears one of our resident mods made the move for us already, only mods can move a created thread btw.

i would love to see kh get mainstream recognition, its practically bordering a pop culture phenomenon as it is and i feel if disney marketed it more appropriately it would be just as well known as any video game series.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yeah I always found it a bit odd that KH isn't as mainstream or as popular as it should be. Its a series that lets people explore and experiance a bunch of their favorite Disney films. Yet Disney hardly gave it any attention until KH3, when it could have been one of their biggest franchises.

If it was more mainstream I would love to see a actual section of Disney World devoted to KH

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
As long as Kairi doesn't end up promoting Louis Vuitton bags, duh.

Nah, I'd actually like cake challenges and that stuff. Imagine cakes that look like the small versions of the worlds you see while travelling with the gumi jet. :3

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
hard mode: lipsync battle with sanctuary

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i'd like to see trans siberian orchestra do some tracks at a concert for fun.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I'd just like to see more KH merch, really. I'm ok with this not being too mainstream.

Yeah I always found it a bit odd that KH isn't as mainstream or as popular as it should be.
Is it odd that I don't find find this quite as puzzling? Ignoring the way that Disney treats it as an awkward stepchild, speaking as someone who didn't give the series a try until 2011, it's just weird. It's a big Disney x FF fanfiction with spiky-haired heroes and giant weapon keys. While this can have a "so weird, it's amazing" effect, it can also drive people (like me, a long time ago) away because it's so strange.

Then, if you look past that, you have the stupid-complicated plot (which drew me in because I wasn't expecting it, but it turns most people off) that's scattered across at least half a dozen systems now. Plus... it's a video game. That alone narrows down this series' exposure, since that's not as easily accessible as a TV show or movie.

I'll admit that it's really strange that Disney doesn't try to commercialize the hell out of KH, given how Disney usually is.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'd just like to see more KH merch, really. I'm ok with this not being too mainstream.

Is it odd that I don't find find this quite as puzzling? Ignoring the way that Disney treats it as an awkward stepchild, speaking as someone who didn't give the series a try until 2011, it's just weird. It's a big Disney x FF fanfiction with spiky-haired heroes and giant weapon keys. While this can have a "so weird, it's amazing" effect, it can also drive people (like me, a long time ago) away because it's so strange.

Then, if you look past that, you have the stupid-complicated plot (which drew me in because I wasn't expecting it, but it turns most people off) that's scattered across at least half a dozen systems now.

I'll admit that it's really strange that Disney doesn't try to commercialize the hell out of KH, given how Disney usually is.

I'm not too surprised either.
I definitely wouldn't mind more merch, but then again, I don't need stupid idiots to spam KH over the whole internet like the e.g. Call of Duty community does.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
KH should be everywhere, and it needa it's own TV show, animated series and movie come fight me.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
How about better KH appearal. I like my geeky obsetion to be one that only other obsessed people will understand. The heartless emblem shirt is ok, but too in your face for me. I would live a shirt that was that checkered pattern that's used for birth by sleep. Or a black and white checkered beanie with a small Roxas X on it. Or some cool KH vans. I'd wear the crap out of those. After all, they do have a Disney vans line now

Rosebudx

Awards
I'd like to see Kingdom Hearts repped at Disney and in Disney stores. I'd like to see it on one of the floats that Disney puts together for the Rose Bowl. I'd like to see it referenced in popular television shows, whether it's a kid on an ABC show wearing a shirt or younger adults mentioning that they're anxiously waiting for the next installment.

Most of diddlying all, I'd like to see the mainstream media do an interview with a VA, say Haley Joel Osment, and actually mention their work in Kingdom Hearts. I read a Yahoo! article like a month after KH3's announcement where they interviewed Osment on the minutiae regarding his acting, his school, weight gain, personal life, etc. etc. AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN MENTION KINGDOM HEARTS, LESS THAN THIRTY DAYS AFTER THE BIGGEST NEWS THE SERIES HAD SEEN IN NEARLY A DECADE. NOT ONCE. NOT EVEN A HINT. They didn't even mention a video game, but they sure as hell asked him everything about every single movie/book/show he had even sneezed towards.

I know, I rant, but c'mon! It's a huge pet peeve of mine, that voice acting in video games is somehow seen as this like tertiary component of the VA's life compared to their movies and shows and houseplants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back