• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Would You Like to See if KH Was More Mainstream?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
sometimes it feels like KH was cursed into cult obscurity.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
OMG. Rosebudx. Now my dream is to see a KH parade float somewhere (something that I know will never happen), but you're absolutely right! That'd be so awesome!

Also, your rant about that HJO interview reminds me of how some news site recently did an article on what Jesse McCartney's been up to in the last years, and did they mention KH or any of his voice acting at all (like in Young Justice)? No. They talked about little, small things, that weren't even that recent.

And it's sad because I feel like KH is probably what Jesse does most (HJO, as well).

ANYWAY, back on topic, I just thought of how I want to buy a toy Keyblade akin to a toy light saber, to have a KH Monopoly game and/or calendar (because everything under the sun seems to have some of those, except for KH; and Command Board is already pretty much KH Monopoly), and to have a pretty Kairi doll (though I'd be happy with any of the girls, really).

For some reason, I also think a KH greeting card would be cool, as well as a KH chess set based on the one in the new trailer.

Oh, and maybe a KH coloring book, or a Little Golden Books KH storybook, or something!

And actually, recently one of my long-time KH dreams came true, in that I finally found a KH backpack (that I sadly have no use for anymore, but that I bought anyway), so there is that:D

Edit: And a KH Hallmark ornament. I'd love something like that! Maybe something with SDG for it?

Speaking of SDG, I'd enjoy seeing some stuff with those three. Like, Disney seems to come out with MDG wrapping paper ever year, so why not one with SDG, and maybe one with Riku and Mickey, and another with Kairi and Pluto?:)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i am incredibly disappointed that mcdonalds didn't have KH toys when i grew up do may the next generation feel the capitalistic nostalgia.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Nah live action would be too awkward.

not if done right. it doesn't have to be this shonen shitfest with anime hair (y'all remember the dragon ball z movie?), i think it can be a dumb fun romp like GotG.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
not if done right. it doesn't have to be this shonen shitfest with anime hair (y'all remember the dragon ball z movie?), i think it can be a dumb fun romp like GotG.
Live action adaptions tend to be pretty awful. Video game movies tend to be REALLY awful. Put em both together and you've got... an abomination beyond hope of salvation? Nah, that's too kind. Something worse than the DBZ movie and F*ck-Up Lord Shyamalan's Avatar movie COMBINED.

Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but still.

I'd be perfectly content if KH stayed in a cult of obscurity, so long as it gets recognition when it's deserved. I dunno why, but a lot of the stuff that "mainstream" apparently entails just makes me cringe. Just... no.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Live action adaptions tend to be pretty awful. Video game movies tend to be REALLY awful. Put em both together and you've got... an abomination beyond hope of salvation? Nah, that's too kind. Something worse than the DBZ movie and F*ck-Up Lord Shyamalan's Avatar movie COMBINED.

Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but still.

I'd be perfectly content if KH stayed in a cult of obscurity, so long as it gets recognition when it's deserved. I dunno why, but a lot of the stuff that "mainstream" apparently entails just makes me cringe. Just... no.
^ This here. Really, I would not like that >.<

redcrown

Awards
so long as it gets recognition when it's deserved. I dunno why, but a lot of the stuff that "mainstream" apparently entails just makes me cringe. Just... no.

This. It would be nice if it got a bit more popular and known, but I wouldn't want it to be to the point of "mainstream". Things that are mainstream tend to get used and abused, and I feel like KH is a bit of a vulnerable series, in a way. It should definitely get more recognition in the *light* gaming community at least.

Also I definitely want more KH merch~

The best route for an adaption, if any where created, would be animation, hand drawn or 2D-esque CGI. It's usually the best way to tell/show fantasy/magical centered stories, you have way more creative freedom. Especially with the Disney and FF characters, it's the most obvious other media to tell it through.

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So... I've realized that mainly what I want is just to actually see KH represented, when I'm walking through the toy aisle at stores. Continuing on with that thought, then, I would like:

A KH Lego set, KH stuff (at least a cute, little fabric Keyblade) at Build-A-Bear (so that I can build a KH bear), a blitzball kickball, or something like that (though only if actual blitzball ever ends up being a thing in KH, I mean; maybe if we go back to Destiny Islands we'll learn that Tidus and Wakka perfected their idea of it, and it now exists there, or something), and...

Well, this last one is not a toy at all. And really, it's not connected to KH that much (for it existed before KH), but just some place around me where I could buy sea salt ice cream there would be very lovely, I think:)

Edit: Oh, and a KH Trivia game (or a "Scene It?" one) would make my life, even though no one I know in real life would have a chance of beating me (kind of like with my "Harry Potter Scene It?"), so it'd sort of suck the fun out of it a little bit, but I think I'd still enjoy it.

Last edited:

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I don't think you can not call Kingdom Hearts "mainstream". It's one of Square's main franchises, sells fairly well and has two of the most mainstream franchises (you could even call them brands at this point) included in it: Disney and Final Fantasy. Kingdom Hearts II Mickey even has his own Disney Infinity-thingy.

But I guess this thread is about if it were more mainstream. The only thing I'd like to see, in that case, was an animated series or something handled by Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back