• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When are we expecting news?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
We went without KH3 for 1 year and 8 months, from October 2013 to June 2015. As we're in January, KH4 has just about broken that record. This either represents a change in how they've chosen to market the game, or problems at home.

Either way, I think they're due to show something.
We did have the 40-second KH3 teaser from the E3 trailer for 2.5 for 2014 so

blank points

Awards
Yeah, at this point, I'd like to think that it shouldn't be too much longer before we hear anything on KH4. I'd say the earliest we could hear anything would be in the February-March range, if Square wants to market KH4 just before Rebirth comes out. And it seems that Summer Game Fest has taken E3's place, so that may also be a spot for news as well, seeing as Square has had some big presence there recently.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
We went without KH3 for 1 year and 8 months, from October 2013 to June 2015. As we're in January, KH4 has just about broken that record. This either represents a change in how they've chosen to market the game, or problems at home.

Yeah if we don’t hear anything by D23, I might start worrying that something hasn’t been going right. KH3 was at both D23 2015 and 2017, plus the defunct Japan version in 2018. If they have anything show ready, I can’t see them skipping it. Especially when they could pull a stunt like having Mark Hamill come out and introduce the Star Wars world (which he might be down for since he’s already involved with KH.)

Last edited:

NoWay

Awards
Don’t forget the private trailer during the 2.5 release event in Japan (?), which we never saw. When Scala was first introduced as Cable Town. I won’t forget how many times I looked at Zephyr’s artworks from Sora, the chess room and the Keyblade transformation.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’ll just add to my little February theory. FFVII Rebirth hasn’t received a demo yet. It might not get one at all. But during the lead up to FFXVI, we got a new trailer for Rebirth two weeks before XVI released. Then the following week, they dropped the XVI demo, which pivoted the attention back to that game.

We could see a repeat of this play out with KH4 and Rebirth. A trailer could drop on the 16th, which would be two weeks before Rebirth releases and is the day the Sora Amiibo releases. Then they release the Rebirth demo the following week to pivot back to that game. Just an idea. I want that Foreteller award if it happens! 😅

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
D23 tickets go on sale March 26th! Dates are 8/9-11.

This is the event I’m most confident will have something this year, even if we get other news sooner.

2 quid is good

Awards

We did get that E4 2014 "Trailer" and there was the 2.5 closed theatre event, so even then there was something

edit: never mind... i should learn to read threads

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Foamstars’ release date was announced, so here’s an updated SE release calendar. Removed Missing Link from Spring/Summer due to the clarification of the dev Q&A comments. But I still think it’ll be out in that timeframe.

2/6/23: Foamstars
2/29/24: FFVII Rebirth
4/25/24: SaGa Emerald Beyond
Early 2024: Octopath Traveler II (Xbox X/S)
Spring: FFXVI Rising Tide DLC
Spring: FFXIV (Xbox X/S; Open Beta around February)
Summer: FFXIV Dawntrail
TBD ‘24: Visions of Mana

Other than maybe Visions of Mana, the back half of the year remains wide open.

If we don’t see the Missing Link beta next week, it could start on the last Wednesday of month like last time. So it would run from the 31st-9th most likely. Could see it ending on the 9th with a post from Nomura thanking the players and telling us to stay tuned for more updates the following week. Then we get a new trailer on the 16th same day as the Amibo.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
While FF7R and KH are different beasts (KH's action gameplay is more complex to develop and polish compared to 7R's DPS check rpg combat) it is worth noting that Rebirth was announced AFTER KH4 and is zipping along to its release next month.

If things have been even similarly smooth for the KH team, our next look at KH4 will most likely be something very polished and robust, given that it's been nearly two years since our first and only look. It'll probably squeak in right before the two year anniversary of the first trailer-- who in their right fucking mind would want to go two years without a single trailer?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
While FF7R and KH are different beasts (KH's action gameplay is more complex to develop and polish compared to 7R's DPS check rpg combat) it is worth noting that Rebirth was announced AFTER KH4 and is zipping along to its release next month.

If things have been even similarly smooth for the KH team, our next look at KH4 will most likely be something very polished and robust, given that it's been nearly two years since our first and only look. It'll probably squeak in right before the two year anniversary of the first trailer-- who in their right fucking mind would want to go two years without a single trailer?

This right here is why I’m particularly excited for the next drop. Rebirth’s marketing started with that short teaser in 2022 and then we got a meaty 3.5 minute trailer a year later. So if that’s any indication, we should be eating good with the next KH4 trailer.

Barring major shake ups, the only thing I think would have significantly slowed down development is the switch to UE5. But Epic is likely helping them a lot with KH4 being one of the first AAA franchises to adopt the engine. I can’t wait to see what they’ve accomplished with it.

UPDATE: Visions of Mana confirmed for Summer 2024! We now have release windows for all major announced titles except DQXII and KH4. Fall and winter still wide open!

2/6/23: Foamstars
2/29/24: FFVII Rebirth
4/25/24: SaGa Emerald Beyond
Early 2024: Octopath Traveler II (Xbox X/S)
Spring: FFXVI Rising Tide DLC
Spring: FFXIV (Xbox X/S; Open Beta around February)
Summer: FFXIV Dawntrail
Summer: Visions of Mana

I’ll also add that Foamstars and Visions of Mana are both additional examples of SE games releasing about 8-9 months after their marketing really kicks off. So I’m hoping when we see KH4 again, it will be about that far from release.

Last edited:

HakaishinChampa

Awards
My guess is we'll get a huge trailer in June with a release date followed by content creators getting to play a demo of the game like they did for KH3.

There are multiple events in the latter half of 2024, they have plenty of time to market the game before let's say (for example) a March 2025 release.

I feel like the first trailer will probably showcase the Star Wars world we've all been speculating, that would get lots of heads to turn.

Another marketing campaign we could see is related to Missing Link, remember how Kingdom Hearts Union X let you unlock Starlight earlier by playing mini-games in that game? We'll probably be able to unlock the main keyblade from Missing Link at the start of the game.

I think we're going to eat good this year.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Influencers are running with the idea that KH4 is releasing in 2026 because those Ichiban Kuji merch lotteries have taken place every two years… For reference, the previous three happened around KH3, Melody of Memory, and the 20th Anniversary/Dark Road finale.

I definitely believe the one in May this year is to commemorate Missing Link. It’s called Linking Hearts, so that’s pretty obvious. There will likely be another lottery for KH4. But I don’t think the timing is a sign that KH4 will be in two more years… That would put it at 7 years of development time, which seems excessive. If it’s taking longer to develop than more profitable games like VII Remake, then the series is in trouble.

Awards
I still think we'll get news at some point during this year. We just have to wait for Missing-Link to get underway first.

Awards
Influencers are running with the idea that KH4 is releasing in 2026 because those Ichiban Kuji merch lotteries have taken place every two years… For reference, the previous three happened around KH3, Melody of Memory, and the 20th Anniversary/Dark Road finale.

I definitely believe the one in May this year is to commemorate Missing Link. It’s called Linking Hearts, so that’s pretty obvious. There will likely be another lottery for KH4. But I don’t think the timing is a sign that KH4 will be in two more years… That would put it at 7 years of development time, which seems excessive. If it’s taking longer to develop than more profitable games like VII Remake, then the series is in trouble.
Yeah honestly I'm just startin' to think the whole "When KH4" guessing game is gettin a bit outta hand when people are now trying to add merch lotteries to the equation and it just kinda...has me miffed lol

Back