• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When did you first see Kh1?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

zenkai16

A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy Far Far Away...
Website
www.avidgamers.com
OK, now before some people get all upseat and are like "This thread is pointless! This belongs in the KH1 section! OMFG WHO CARES!?" I just thought that ithis could be somehting people could talk about because their isn't any new trailors and such, the Flamers on this Forum is amazing when it comes to theories so I desided that a questionare would be a good idea because KH1 is an unusuall game, so the procces that comes with it to deside "Do I wan't to buy this game?" be just as unusuall. I'll start out by tell ing my story...

I first saw KH1 on the Disney underground thing were they would show clips and talk about the game. At first is thought that it looked stupid because Donal and goofey in a game ment it was for little kids, then I saw the Box Cover on a poster in the front of Game Stop and was like "You fight with a KEY!? How retarted, I mean come on!" Then I thought that sora was a girl because on the Box Cover he does look a little like one, especially with the heart shaped moon behind him (Japanies drawing tends to make boys look more girlish). Now I don't mean to be sexest but I just never can get into the main character being a girl. That is because I can never relate to them as I am a guy. Now around the same time GTA Vice City was about to come out and I was looking very forward to it, and I bought the PS2 Mag. thats main artical was about Vice City. Also in that Mag. was a review for Kingdom Hearts, and it said that it was a very difficult game that was ment more for teenagers rather then little kids, and I belive it got a 9.5/10 which is one of the highest rateings PS2 Mag. Ever gives out, so about a month later I was at blockbuster and there was absoluty nothing to rent, all the games they had avalable sucked, so I saw Kingdom Hearts and was like "What the hell?" So I rented it and found out that it was the best game ever made for PS2 and went out to buy it the next day. So that was how i got over the KH1 looks stupid phase and fell in love with the game.

Whats your story?

Squall01

Well the first time I saw it was on the Disney Underground thing you mentioned. Each time I was like "Oh man that game looks so awesome", each time I would see it I would be like "I need that game" so I bought the game but the funny thing was I had no PS2 so I would go play it at my friends house. Well two weeks later I bought a PS2 then started playing it non-stop, man those were some good times.

Keji

my sister bought it for my birthday.. cause another game i wanted was sold out.. so kingdom hearts was the alternative.......destiny! :O

S King

Well, I first learned about from FFX. You see, when I bought it whoever many years ago, it had a second bonus DVD. On the DVD, were interviews with the Director and etc. (and Nomura, but I didn't really care then) but there was also a couple trailers for a game: Kingdom Hearts. Now, I think these were the adverts shown on TV in the states, but I don't know, because they definately weren't aired in the UK. I thought it looked cool, even though there wer Disney characters - I also found Sora weapon funny. Later, when I went on the official website, it looked alright. So, my dad bought it for my bro's birthday (sometime in Feburuary) and well... that brings us to current events.

Daniel Curtis

Jeff Gordon
i saw a s. guide for sale in walmart. i looked at it and i knew that game would be the best! i loved it from the firts time i saw it. and later on, i saw it on Disney Underground, and i just knew i had to buy it!

Solarized

A Legend Returned
In a place where your worst nightmares are real
Well i found it through my mates. Being an FF7 fan-boy i usually get criticised by my choice of games but thats another story. Well one day i was sitting in me mates house when he started laughing at a review for kingdom hearts in a PS2 mag. I looked at it and then decided to drag him with me to the game shop.

Never looked back since.

keyblade of light

OK, I live in Israel and over here the video game industry is pretty small and we have no comercials for video games.
I fist saw the game when I went to visit one of my friends. when I gor to his house the door
was ope so I let myself in. I walked into his room and founf him sitting in front of the TV, the game box left open on the floor and he was playing the Treverse Town world. I set next to him and watched him playing for like 4 hours and I found the game to my liking. acually, I never bought the game - I borowed the game from my friend and finished it before he did!
I found my self the next week trying to reach level 100, beating sphiroth and getting the ultima keyblade. The next month I found myself answering phone call from my friend, asking for a detailed word-by-word walk-through of the game. still the game made an impact - i'm eagerly waiting for Kingdom Hearts 2!

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I saw a commercial for it first, and at first I'm like "This is going to be the most retarded thing ever..."

"I mean, come on... Disney? Donald and goofy, and some kid that looks like a freakin DBZ spikey headed girl, fight together on Disney-movie-themed planets... with a freakin key?"

Aww man, I ripped on this game so hard, I thought it was the stupidest thing ever...

So, I then saw a little thing on Disney channel underground video game thing. They were talking about how they used advanced fighting technology and how the fighting system was so original and how the disneyness added flavor to the intence storyline. I was still hesitant and basically forgot about it for a seriosuly looong time...

Then one time I'm over my friends house, and this is like, 2003/early 2004 and I had completely forgotton that KH even existed. I see this and I start to remember how I tohught it was the most retarded thing on the planet. My friends kind gets p*ssed and says that It's actually a great game...

I shrug him off and ask to play it. He was stuck on the atlantica level so we played it for awhile. It was the aweosmest thing I had ever played. Man, all I could think of was how much I wanted this game and how it's the coolest thing on the freakin planet. And you know this game had to have had something to really wow me if I got hooked playing atlantica, which is the absolute worst level in the game.

I was a novice so it took me about 2 hours just to beat atlantica. So I check out the world list and I see halloweentown. I love Nightmare before christmas, so I ride the gummi ship there. The gummi ship was awesome too, and I was officially hooked. I started my own game on his memory card, and I was amazed by the opening movie BTW, and I played through destinay islands, then had to go.

Unfortunately, his sis broke his KH game by the time I came over his house again, so I never got to play it again. So, I asked my parents for this game, and... they said no. I was pretty heartbroken, and let the KH fly back to the recesses of my mind for about a year. Then, around feb. 2005, I found that my other friend had KH too when I went to his house. I was once again hooked, and began the begging of my parents.

So, come my next birthday in march 2005, I found myself with a brand new ps2, and Kingdom Hearts game, 2 controllers, and a 16 megebyte memory card. I played it for about 5 hours straight, only stopping to eat cake and watch Harold and CUmar go to white castle...

Ever since I beat it once, I began my search for fan sites and forums. I've beaten the game multiple times since then, and have been awaiting KH2 ever since...

Damn this is long... it's like a freakin love story... crap, I'm obsessed...

*goes to clinic to find help*

CloudX159

the commercial on Disney
they keep on showing the camera guy tring to get some sort of insider story...
when i saw it eventualy gave it a RENT.... i didn't have enough time so i return it...
1 year later i beat it.... Summer of 04...will go down by the books

Hikari44

i watched my brother play it and eventually beat it, and the ending was so sweet i decided to play it, even tho i already knew what would happen *sweatdrop* stupid me

lol but still im obsessed with anime/video game romance and i absolutely loved it. i also loved the fighting. :)

.:kaizer21:.

Banned
My friend recommended it to me afterI told him I played Final Fantasy X-2. I couldn't play it at first because I was called down to dinner. So I had to wait about half an hour.

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
well for me it was a special day! ^__^ It was the day my nephew was born but it was also the day I found out about KH. DESTINY! I celebrate April 23 for 2 reasons! I was watching Mickey's House of Villans cuz my aunt who thinks im still three got it fer me. And I saw Coming soon from disney interactive nad I siad to myself, "Probably another Pochahontas game >_>" But I loved from from the second I saw it. Hot hero, Hot platinum haired guy....Donald and Goofy...Disney.........I WANT IT!

the Rainmaker

Well, my story is a repeat of half everyone else's.

I saw it first on the Disney Channel underground feature. At first I never would've seen it because I didn't like to watch those, placing them as the next dumbest thing on the entire channel next to the kiddie shows in the morning. So the only thing that made me watch the commercial...to be perfectly honest about it...was the background music. To this day, the music is the only thing I can remember about the commercial other than the computer woman saying "Kingdom Hearts". Then I thought, "Hmm, that looks worth looking into." Then I forgot all about it.

I next saw it when last year my 11 year old brother bought it with a couple of other games for PS2. The second I saw it I said, "Are you kidding? This looks so stupid!!! Anime meets Disney? Give me a break." But the more I looked at the cover, the more it started to tweak my curiosity. I decided that if it was a multi-character game, I wanted to be the guy with the wing sword. Which I know now was, of course, Riku with his Soul Eater. He appealed to me artistically because he's the only one who's not facing the wind.

When my siblings started playing it and I only watched, from Destiny Islands to the beginning of Traverse Town all I could think about was how this had to be the corniest thing ever to surface mankind's achievements. I ragged on it terribly and demeaned it with every possible negative connotation I could give it. I left the room literally feeling sick with the cheesy lines.

Finally later, I saw my brother playing this one part. I wish to heck I could remember what this defining moment was. I was overcome with renewed interest and sat down. For the next hour all I could think was, "How can this be a kid's game?! This is SO COOOL!!" I was interested...but not quite enough to be a fanatic...

Until one day I was in my school library doing some homework and a guy nearby was showing his friend what I thought to be a music video. I could hear Evanescence's "Imaginary" playing. I had recently gotten into Evanescence, and so I looked at his computer. Turns out it was actually a fan movie. As I watched hooded figures, I shook my head and almost turned away thinking it was Final Fantasy, which I hated. Then I saw the NeoShadow Heartless rise from the ground, and I was like "WHAT!!! WWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT???????!!!!!" It was the coolest thing I'd ever seen, and immediatly I got myself rehooked into the first Kingdom Hearts.

The thing is that I don't play video games at all. I'm never in it for the gaming--that's what my little brother is for. (Without him I'd never have made it past Atlantica or get the secret video.) I'm in it purely for the story. And to this day Kingdom Hearts remains the best story I've ever heard.

P.S. All my favorite interests have been started, it seems, by sequels. KH was really instilled for me when I saw pics and videos and previews for KHII. I only got into FFVII because I wanted to see Advent Children. (Heck, I didn't want to read "A Series of Unfortunate Events" until I saw Lemony Snicket's unauthorized autobiography.)

Long and fairly weird, but that's my story. Next...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back