• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

which is better kh2 or ff12

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SharinganBlue

AMV Maker
Seen both trailers from both games and I have to say....can't decide. Both have kicked it up a notch and its impressive. Have to play it to see which will win in the end.

R

Riku's Dawn

KH Series is top-notch!

Hell,KH is 100% Real-time fighting.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
famitsu gave kh2 39 out of 40 ff12 got 40 out of 40
so im going with ff12

SharinganBlue

AMV Maker
rokudamia2 said:
famitsu gave kh2 39 out of 40 ff12 got 40 out of 40
so im going with ff12

Scores don't matter in this subject it depends on playing both games and seeing for yourself.

The similiarity in both games is that you can actually move and fight at the same time.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
death741 said:
i'll say kh2 because ff12 have bad battle system:)

You fail, miserably.

Plus, wouldn't this topic be more at home within the Square-Enix section?

Final Fantasy XII does not have a bad battle system. If you had any thread of intelligence, you'd spell out what you didn't like about it. There's a difference between making an intelligent comparison thread, and making a completely retarded "I LIEK KH2 LOL!!111" thread.

First of all, let's compare the graphics. ( And again, this is only what we've observed so far. I promise, no spoilers. )

Kingdom Hearts II:
First of all it's Nomura's anime styled characters and Disney characters which aren't even original to the design of the game. ( Meaning they weren't thought up solely for Kingdom Hearts. ) While KH sports vivid movement and design, the characters feel like they're playing charades rather than acting. And with anime-styled hair, they look more like fluid spikes than actual hair. The level looks just as basic as the first game, with "room-like" sections of a world that feels more like a dungeon.

Final Fantasy XII:
Here's where the real achievement lies. The characters in Final Fantasy XII sport less polygons than the characters in Final Fantasy X. And yet amazingly, they look thrice as realistic. Vaan's hair and everyone's clothes have textures that make them stand out and look realistic. Jiggle the analog stick just slightly, and a characters hair and clothes move according to which direction they turn. Environments are thick and lush, and are frankly huge. Along the lines of Final Fantasy XI, a MMORPG.

Now, let's compare music:

Kingdom Hearts II:
If the first game was any inkling of how the second game would turn out, it's certainly disappointing. I find Yoko Shimomura to be vastly overrated. First of all, half of the KH1 soundtrack consisted of melodies and themes created by other artists for their respective Disney games. Even One-Winged Angel in KH1 is bastardized, cutting the song down to mainly it's chorus. Sanctuary (Passion) sounds light and dreamy, and feels like the only track she put effort into making. Also, from what I've heard, some of the same themes in the first KH will be reused in the sequel. Yawn.

Final Fantasy XII:
Although the highly-acclaimed Nobuo Uematsu will not be doing the soundtrack for Final Fantasy XII, he will compose the main song that will be in it. "Kiss Me Goodbye" is stronger than Sanctuary, and the lyrics aren't as mishmash as the oddly translated Utada songs. Hitoshi Sakimoto will take the reigns for FFXII's music. From what's been heard so far in the gameplay videos and demo, it's highly intoxicating. Sakimoto manages to blend emotional tracks into the movie cutscenes that color each second. The Rabanastre town theme has been in my head for a good week now. Even tracks such as the "Chocobo Theme" that Sakimoto did not create, have been faitfully reimagined for this game. In fact, I'd say that Sakimoto's version of the Chocobo Theme surpasses Uematsu's Final Fantasy X version.

How about plot? Well, I won't touch on it, seeing as it could possibly spoil both games. But from the previous installments of each series, KH has about the plot of an eighth of a Final Fantasy game.

Gameplay:
Kingdom Hearts II:
Dear Lord, if KH2 is going to be as hack-and-slash as the first, I think I'll cancel my preorder outright. If KH1 was any example of what KH2 was like, count on battle after battle of X-button mashing without giving a thought to strategy. The Reaction commands look neat, but also seem too easy to pull off. Hopefully magic ( other than Cure ) and items won't be as useless as in the first game. Drive forms look exciting, but they look like they'll only ease up on an already easy-looking game.

Final Fantasy XII:
Now, some of you that have played the demo, don't reply by saying: "Gambits suck, they make you do things that you dun want to!" First off, the demo was an incomplete section of Final Fantasy XII's battle system. There are many things that have not been implemented that are now in the final build. First of all, Gambits are set and equipped in the menu and can be schemed to make an ally do any action you need them to. Think of it as AI-tweaking. What this Gambit system does is capable of is eliminating 99% of the micromanaging you'll be doing in the heat of battle. Mist Knacks are like Limit Breaks that can be set up in powerful combinations. Every character is capable of equipping any weapon, provided that they allocate enough License Points to a License to carry it. Thirteen summons, friggin' awesome. Enemies are smart and may work together to defeat you, or even work along with you. A gameplay video I saw, featured Vaan running alone in the desert. A Bangaa that was out there was busily hunting monsters, began to join Vaan in killing monsters, which was pretty cool, in my opinion.

I'd add more topics, but I think I've gotten my point across.

Overall:

Kingdom Hearts II: The game I'll be playing to pass the time until Final Fantasy XII.
Final Fantasy XII: The game I'm looking forward to.

P

PIG.

OMFG THIS THREAD FRIGGIN FAILS

I havent played either of them yet... WHY? BECAUSE THEY ARENT FRIGGIN OUT YET

Its not about the real-time here folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back