• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is Vanitas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrinityxLimit

Re: Why Vanitas face is still covered!

My thoughts exactly. They've shown us Terra, Aqua, Erauqs, Master Xehanort; all original faces. Ventus was shown because he's the completion of the trio of Terra+Aqua. If Vanitas was a brand new character design, we'd have seen his face already. I'm about 90% sure he looks nearly identical to an already-existing character. :\ Hell, maybe his face is just that of the Guardian Xehanort's Heartless uses in KH1.

Did you forget about Xion? Her face was shown a while before Days came out, and who does she look like? Kairi. She looks like another character, yet was shown already.

worst case scenario is that van will be a game version of nomu or someone else on the kh team- like they did in twewy.

What character was this?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Why Vanitas face is still covered!

Because unlike Xion looking like Kairi, Vanitas's face probably has actual meaning to it. Xion's face was meant to throw us off, and save for attempting to base SoKai and still failing, served little to no plot meaning save than buying Nomura some time with the pre-Days theories.
I'd imagine Vanitas's face would have meaning, especially if they still keep it hidden this close to the release date.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I personally wouldn't be surprised if he shares the same face with none of the characters from the past games. Him being a Terra-clone or something (yes, I know, he's most likely a Ven clone if anything going by figure, but we'd have worse curveballs thrown at us. go play Days if you don't know what I mean.) would merit enough having his face covered.

Here's me claiming dibs on a theory saying the reason it seems like he has chest muscles is because he's an Aqua clone and the outfit just flattened it, making him look built.

A

Audo

Vanitas = Sora's Mom.

That's right, I said it.

Samhain

Bronze Member

and it would seem just so repetitve and stupid for Vanitas= lookalike Ven.

ugh..we already have 2 of em!
sora, and roxas.

but hell there's been worse.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do

Xion isn't a Nobody... She's a Replica of Sora, built to keep Sora in stasis indefinitely and to take Roxas' powers in order for the Organization to have a Keyblade Wielder that they can control...

Ahh, thanks for the information.

No, he had the suit before then.

You sure about that one? Cause I don't remember that suit until after the first fight with Sora in Hollow Bastion.

You haven't played Days have you...

Nah, I was really waiting for the BBS and watch The Days cutscenes.

the only characters Nomura said were new, were TAV, and their Master

hmm.......

Last edited:

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com

The first battle with Riku in the Hollow Bastion Castle, he wears the suit after he has obtained the keyblade from Sora. When he loses, It is then that Ansem SoD talks to him, and takes control of him.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do

The first battle with Riku in the Hollow Bastion Castle, he wears the suit after he has obtained the keyblade from Sora. When he loses, It is then that Ansem SoD talks to him, and takes control of him.

Aah crap. He wore it for so long afterwards, I forgot he wore it for the first battle. :23:

Thanks!

A

Audo

yes, that is true, but he didn't say whether he was new or not, while also saying that TAV's master was someone we have never seen before. He might as well have said they were all new characters.
Well, he was asked outright about the Master. It wasn't like he was making a statement on the characters' statuses of new/old. Plus, I think it's a bit different with the case with the Master, because we see the Master outright. Vanitas always had a cloaked identity thing going on, and since Nomura just loooooves fan speculating, him definitively answering whether or not the character was new could easily crush many theories (on both sides. If he says its new, that crushes all theories that its someone we know. If he said they're old then well, you get the drill.) By not making a firm comment, he's left Vanitas' identity very much in the air. Which is obviously how he wants to keep it until BBS releases.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com

Well, he was asked outright about the Master. It wasn't like he was making a statement on the characters' statuses of new/old. Plus, I think it's a bit different with the case with the Master, because we see the Master outright. Vanitas always had a cloaked identity thing going on, and since Nomura just loooooves fan speculating, him definitively answering whether or not the character was new could easily crush many theories (on both sides. If he says its new, that crushes all theories that its someone we know. If he said they're old then well, you get the drill.) By not making a firm comment, he's left Vanitas' identity very much in the air. Which is obviously how he wants to keep it until BBS releases.

Well, hopefully Vanitas is big enough of a surprise to appease/ shock everyone. I'm seeing a lot of effort put into the game, and while of course that means nothing until i actually play the game itself....it's a lingering hope i have maintained for KH thus far.

TwilightSorku

I thought he did say that Vanitus was a new character oh well anyway he could be an unverse but then how long has he been the apprentice of MX that wouldn't make much sense exactly really what is the bases behind him why would you wear a mask well to cover your true identity from people who may know you.

Who is he protecting his identity from?
TAV?
ME(Master Eraqus)
or others

A

Audo

Well, it's a helmet. He wants face protection...

TwilightSorku

Well, it's a helmet. He wants face protection...

thats just to simple for Kingdom Hearts especially since through the whole series only in BbS Helmets seem to be a common trend

also with the way they fight with Keyblade i wouldn't use a helmet its too big and would get in the way

A

Audo

thats just to simple for Kingdom Hearts especially since through the whole series only in BbS Helmets seem to be a common trend

also with the way they fight with Keyblade i wouldn't use a helmet its too big and would get in the way

Yeah... kind of like the Org Coats? They're just a means to hide someone's identity. And don't really have that much impact beyond that. This is why when an Org member lowers their hood, they are seen without their hood for the rest of the game. There's no real explanation outside of keeping the identity a secret to the players until that part of the story.

Though, of course the Coats have a bit more significance than just to hide an identity, since they also protect the user when travelling via Dark Corridors. But since TAV use their armor to protect them when they do interworld travel, i wouldn't be surprised if the same could be said for Vanitas and his helmet.

TwilightSorku

Then Vanitus is of course a henchman for MX and him having the armor could be him travelling the worlds alot make sense i do agree with that but at least we know that his identity will be important later on.

Didn't MX call him a Monster because he ligures in Darkness for far too long what is that about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back