• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who should be Sora's master? Ventus or Aqua?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who should be Sora's master? Aqua or Ventus?

• Ventus

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Aqua

Votes: 94 72.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
How does it disgust you exactly? Vanitas is bound to return in some form
That would be reason one.
Reason Two would be that I hate the idea of attributing Riku's choices as a character to some outside force like Vanitas. Why can't Riku have made his own bad decisions without it having to be tied to BBS in some contrived way? Riku doesn't need Vanitas in him, and the idea is so annoying it hurts my teeth every time I see it.

simply because he was one of the most badass characters in Kingdom Hearts.
I disagree.

And as I said, no one dies in this series.
Sure they do. Hopefully Vanitas will be proven to have.

State

Awards
Replaying through BbS, found something interesting:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Revolution

That would be reason one.
Reason Two would be that I hate the idea of attributing Riku's choices as a character to some outside force like Vanitas. Why can't Riku have made his own bad decisions without it having to be tied to BBS in some contrived way? Riku doesn't need Vanitas in him, and the idea is so annoying it hurts my teeth every time I see it.

I disagree.

Sure they do. Hopefully Vanitas will be proven to have.

Pretty much everything so far is tied to BBS. How Riku/Sora got chosen to weild a keyblade, the reason Roxas had emotions, where Xehanort came from, and others. Riku having a bit of Vanitas in him to tie that to BBS wouldn't surprise me.

How do you disagree? The music alone for the final battle kicks him into the top five spots, not to mention his taunting and just, being him.

I could say the same for that Terra will once again.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Nomura has already said Yen Sid will hold the MoMT.

Revolution

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I consider Yen Sid still a Master. I take Eraqus' words as that he simply doesn't return to the Land of Departure like other masters do, or something of the like.

State

Awards
I consider Yen Sid still a Master. I take Eraqus' words as that he simply doesn't return to the Land of Departure like other masters do, or something of the like.

Master Xehanort hadn't return in a long time to LoD, yet, he's still a Master.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
No, he's actually retired.

Pretty much everything so far is tied to BBS.
That also bothers me.

How Riku/Sora got chosen to weild a keyblade
Um, actually, only Riku's was tied to BBS. Sora being able to wield has nothing to do with Ven.

Riku having a bit of Vanitas in him to tie that to BBS wouldn't surprise me.
Doesn't make it any less of a horrible idea that practically ruins his character.

How do you disagree? The music alone for the final battle kicks him into the top five spots, not to mention his taunting and just, being him.
The music is nice, he isn't. He is a one-act villain that is one of the shallowest characters this series has ever seen. His entire existence was just for shock value and all he does is go around trolling the characters. He has pretty much zero depth to him and would be better suit the series if he was contained only in BBS.

Revolution

Master Xehanort hadn't return in a long time to LoD, yet, he's still a Master.

The previous time has been his bringing of Ventus roughly 3-5 years prior to BBS. Yen Sid seemed to have left LoD for good, but remained in contact with Eraqus.

Also, I take Yen Sid as a sort of peace keeper. He keeps watch of what goes on in both the Realm of Light and Dark and would report it to Eraqus, instead of remaining in LoD to train an apprentice.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
The previous time has been his bringing of Ventus roughly 3-5 years prior to BBS. Yen Sid seemed to have left LoD for good, but remained in contact with Eraqus.

Also, I take Yen Sid as a sort of peace keeper. He keeps watch of what goes on in both the Realm of Light and Dark and would report it to Eraqus, instead of remaining in LoD to train an apprentice.
—-Additionally, there is only one master right now, and that’s the King. When did the King become a master?
NOMURA:
During Birth by Sleep, the King is in the middle of his Mark of Mastery exam. Therefore, by the time of Kingdom Hearts I, he has become a Keyblade Master. Yen Sid is a retired master and he can proctor the Mark of Mastery exam. Thus, this time, he will administer the test to Sora and Riku

Revolution

No, he's actually retired.

That also bothers me.

Um, actually, only Riku's was tied to BBS. Sora being able to wield has nothing to do with Ven.

Doesn't make it any less of a horrible idea that practically ruins his character.

The music is nice, he isn't. He is a one-act villain that is one of the shallowest characters this series has ever seen. His entire existence was just for shock value and all he does is go around trolling the characters. He has pretty much zero depth to him and would be better suit the series if he was contained only in BBS.

BBS was the beginning to the entire series essentially (Chronologically). Of course everyone ties back to it.

Riku's character would not be ruined by him having parts of Vanitas in him.

Master Xehanort has already been practically confirmed to not be working alone this time around. Vanitas is bound to make a return anyway. His "trolling" of the characters was to lead them all to Keyblade Graveyard, as he was acting quite a lot on Xehanort's orders, as well as testing Aqua in the case that Ven failed.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Riku's character would not be ruined by him having parts of Vanitas in him.
Yes, it would. The basis for this entire idea is the whole "Riku's changed" / Now he has darkness comment. The idea of Vanitas being in him is that Vanitas caused darkness to be born in Riku's heart. Suddenly, instead of Riku making bad decisions based on his own character and his own darkness, it is now because of Vanitas. Instead of making Riku a character that made poor decisions based on his internal logic, it is now about Vanitas. That is ruining Riku's character and what made him great.

Master Xehanort has already been practically confirmed to not be working alone this time around.
You're really behind on your Nomura interviews, hmm? "Xehanort is not alone" has been confirmed to mean "more than one form of Xehanort will return". It wasn't talking about Vanitas.

Vanitas is bound to make a return anyway.
Not necessarily.

State

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
sora alredy leeched more then half of whats he got from ven he doesnt need a master yet
riku on the other hand....

Relix

A traveler
Awards
sora alredy leeched more then half of whats he got from ven he doesnt need a master yet
riku on the other hand....

What are you talking about? The only thing Sora "leeched" from Ven (poor choice of words) was his second keyblade that he dual wields and doesn't even use much. Ven is pretty much dead weight. Sora's progress and power is his own. But I can see Riku having an official master than Sora seeing how Riku actually went through the official rite.

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
Yes, it would. The basis for this entire idea is the whole "Riku's changed" / Now he has darkness comment. The idea of Vanitas being in him is that Vanitas caused darkness to be born in Riku's heart. Suddenly, instead of Riku making bad decisions based on his own character and his own darkness, it is now because of Vanitas. Instead of making Riku a character that made poor decisions based on his internal logic, it is now about Vanitas. That is ruining Riku's character and what made him great.

You're really behind on your Nomura interviews, hmm? "Xehanort is not alone" has been confirmed to mean "more than one form of Xehanort will return". It wasn't talking about Vanitas.

Not necessarily.

Did anyone notice that the mysterious fig. may have been an associate to Xehanort "not being alone". He fights like Xemnas, and has the SAME powers as TAV (tornado, Meteor, and Raging Storm) Myst.Fig may have been a spy or w/e returning back to LOD in search for ven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back