• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why are there even new princesses of heart?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
? Is the Key forged from the PoH in KH1 meant to be the Key to Return Hearts? That would actually be kind of cool, to have it weaved back into the story like that, but I had certainly never made the connection if that's the case haha. It would also make Sora the perfect candidate for this ability since he's already experienced the effects of having his heart unlocked firsthand.
It would make sense, considering Sora uses the key to "return" Kairi's heart to her body. Maybe we'll have a repeat storyline, only this time he uses the key to release Ventus--along with some others, possibly? If/since Roxas, Namine, and Xion had developed their own hearts before being re-absorbed into Sora, maybe they'll all be "revived" at the same time as Ventus? I'm hoping they revive most of them at the same time to spare some repetitive cutscenes and dialogue.

Or maybe the Key to Return Hearts is the World of Darkness' alternate to the PoH-created key from KH1, the same way that Sora and Mickey have keys from the realm of light v. the realm of darkness. And possibly formed from the darkness in 13 hearts...? Nah, I doubt that will happen, but it would be a neat reversal.

Megavoltage

Awards
maybe they'll all be "revived" at the same time as Ventus? I'm hoping they revive most of them at the same time to spare some repetitive cutscenes and dialogue.
I really like this! It would be better if this was done in one event. Let's hurry with the rescue missions, please.

Or maybe the Key to Return Hearts is the World of Darkness' alternate to the PoH-created key from KH1, the same way that Sora and Mickey have keys from the realm of light v. the realm of darkness. And possibly formed from the darkness in 13 hearts...? Nah, I doubt that will happen, but it would be a neat reversal.
Could this idea somehow tie into Aqua's journey? She's pretty much a designated denizen of the Realm of Darkness now, so darkness 'stuff' being connected to her would fit.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Bit off topic, but has Nomura/the story ever clarified the nature of the X-Blade? Like if it's light, dark, heart...I would think it's the last one

I don't know if it was in the BBS Xehanort Reports or DDD's glossary, but it was stated somewhere that the X-blade is its own thing completely separate from all the other Keyblades (which were originally created in its image/using it as a reference anyways).

Therefore it belongs to none of the three "families" of Keyblades.

In one interview about Back Cover it was stated that the Master of Masters knows about the X-blade and used its image as a template to create the Foreteller's and Luxu's Keyblades, the six very first Keyblades to be created.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't see a reason to believe the key to returning hearts and the "keyblade of heart" are the same thing at all. Given how the powers of the keyblade tend to work it's much more likely IMO the key to return hearts is in essence somewhat of an abstract. That it's a power that can manifest through many forms be it the hearts of princesses, the keyblade, or just a person but only after the correct circumstances or a realization is made.

Well, here's why I believe it:
as I quoted earlier, in Report 6 Xehanort talks about the Keyblade of heart and says that only by gathering seven hearts of pure light one can forge a Keyblade of heart.
In KH1, Riku-Ansem's Keyblade that does a lot of stuff related to the heart is made of six hearts of pure light (and its design shows that it's definitely incomplete, since the teeth are broken and it's missing a keyholder).

They describe a Keyblade made of pure hearts, and I saw a Keyblade made of pure hearts. To me it stands to reason they're the same thing.

II'm curious to know the thinking behind this explanation. I'm not sure I understand why the six Princesses exposed to darkness at Hollow Bastion would have a problem but Kairi, who was directly exposed to the heart of Destiny Islands as it fell to darkness, would not? (I believe it's also implied or stated somewhere in the canon that Kairi was in the Secret Place at that time because she was holding back the darkness at DI herself until she became too weak to go on, but I can't recall where so maybe not.)

My interpretation is that it wasn't strictly Darkness exposure, but the fact that the six princesses remained at Hollow Bastion to contain the Darkness, and according to multiple lines of dialogue they were on the verge of exhaustion.
So methinks that they were actively doing something that might've sapped them of their Light powers, whereas Kairi sat that one out by escaping with Sora.

Bit off topic, but has Nomura/the story ever clarified the nature of the X-Blade? Like if it's light, dark, heart...I would think it's the last one given the manner in which it's forged (at least Xehanort's method in BBS).

Nothing extremely specific that I can remember, but I also think it's a Keyblade of heart. Xehanort does say that without a Keyblade of heart Kingdom Hearts would be unreachable.
However, in the same Report he says that the Keyblade of heart manifested only AFTER the world was reorganized after the Keyblade War... and the X-Blade definitely existed before the War.
More like, the War was fought for it. Unless Union changes stuff somehow...

? Is the Key forged from the PoH in KH1 meant to be the Key to Return Hearts? That would actually be kind of cool, to have it weaved back into the story like that, but I had certainly never made the connection if that's the case haha. It would also make Sora the perfect candidate for this ability since he's already experienced the effects of having his heart unlocked firsthand.

That's what I think at the very least. As I said above, connecting the keyblade of heart to Riku-Ansem's Keyblade only made sense to me as soon as I read the Report. Since KH1 the fact that Riku-Ansem had to say that his Keyblade was different and "unlike Sora's", bugged me (althought until BbS I just thought he meant that it was a Keyblade of Darkness).
Then when DDD came around and made a huge deal about unlocking heart as a Master level skill, I was even more convinced of my interpretation: Ansem needed that Keyblade because Master Xehanort was no more and couldn't provide that power.
Just like Xemnas needed the Kingdom Hearts to do a similar thing.

And yes, it would be kinda cool and a neat throwback.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Unless revealed in future material, the Keyblade of Heart discussed in the Xehanort Report is not referring to the Key to Return Hearts. The Keyblade of Heart is what Ansem-Riku made an incomplete version of in KH1. In that incomplete state, its ability was to unlock the darkness in people’s hearts, not return them. Because Sora unlocked his own darkness, Kairi’s heart was freed as he became a Heartless/Nobody. It then returned on its own since her body was right there.

In theory, the Keyblade of heart could have more power if completed, potentially making it the Key to Return Hearts as well, but I think its only role was to open the door to the KH1 version of Kingdom Hearts.

More likely, the Key to Return Hearts is a new concept within the series and will be a power based on an abstract idea like love or friendship that allows Sora to return hearts akin to Riku’s power of waking. Hence why it’s just called “Key” instead of “Keyblade.” Sora has been referred to as the key multiple times in the series, so it isn’t a term just for Keyblades. It also lines up with the newer promotional summaries that describe Sora as “the unknowing heir to a spectacular power.”

Last edited:

JustSnilloc

Unless of course it turns out to be “The Key to Return Hearts... to Darkness”, lol.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I mean, perhaps it's illogical to assume the same Princesses would hold their position forever, but for them to be replaced just over a year after Sora met them all is a tad hard to believe.

I can imagine Yen Sid waving his hand and Yensplaining to SDG that they need to find new pure lights because the old ones are too easy to track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back