• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why change name?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hense90

Why did Xehanort change his name to Ansem after killing Braig? I still can't find a reason for that and the starting scene in 3D didn't give much reason for this either. Any suggestions? Maybe it's just me that haven't paid enough attention, so I thought I would hear you guys :)

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Perhaps it's because Xehanort didn't feel worthy of taking the identity of his predecessor, MX.

aspenvenom619

It was somewhat implied in KH2 that he did it to disrespect Ansem the Wise, but that's conjecture

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Yeah, I think it was basically to rub salt into Ansem the Wise's wounds. Although one reason may be to further hide the truth of himself from the other Organization members (Of course the other apprentices would know of Xemnas' real, but the other members besides Saix may not).

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
By that time, I'm pretty sure Ansem The Wise was already banished, but the rest of the world obviously didn't know that.
He takes the name to take over Ansem's work and make him look bad.

Also, can you think of a new name for Xemnas out of Xehanort + X?

Zul

Awards
I imagine it may have been to fool Yen Sid into not realizing that Maleficent going after the PoH and Org XIII's goals were not MX's goals but of another man named Ansem. Mickey realized in KH2 that it was Xehanort though.

I guess in Re:Coded he realized Xehanort is...Master Xehanort...eh...I don't even..

Hense90

I imagine it may have been to fool Yen Sid into not realizing that Maleficent going after the PoH and Org XIII's goals were not MX's goals but of another man named Ansem. Mickey realized in KH2 that it was Xehanort though.

I guess in Re:Coded he realized Xehanort is...Master Xehanort...eh...I don't even..
Now that you mention it I think it's weird he didn't get any suspicions about that when he heard Ansem the Wise called his apprentice Xehanort... I mean it's not like that's an ordinary name, right???

State

Awards
Now that you mention it I think it's weird he didn't get any suspicions about that when he heard Ansem the Wise called his apprentice Xehanort... I mean it's not like that's an ordinary name, right???
Try to remember that Mickey knowing Master Xehanort was established after KINGDOM HEARTS II/Final Mix, meaning it's a plot-hole; why Mickey didn't react when Ansem addressed his apprentice by his name, Xehanort? This hole can be fill with something small such as he forgot, seeing as how this happened ten years ago, but then it goes to keep in mind that Mickey confronted and save those involved with Xehanort.

aspenvenom619

Also why does he immediately aggro braig when the guy has been his right hand the whole time? I'm still not even sold that this is a flashback, but rather the present

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Also why does he immediately aggro braig when the guy has been his right hand the whole time? I'm still not even sold that this is a flashback, but rather the present

Braig in the flashback is the Braig from BBS. After Xehanort stabbed him, he became Xigbar as he is in 3D.

Ienzo is a little kid in the flashback. He is seen at the present in Radiant Garden later on in the game.

It's also been stated that it is in fact a flashback scene.

axel95

Awards
Nomura's (likely) explanation: Mickey just forgot.
Interviewer: How could somebody forget someone as evil as MX and who tried to kill two of his friends? (Mickey never met Terra)
Nomura (pulling out and firing tommy gun): DIE SMART PERSON!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back