• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Terra is most likely Xehanort

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

He doesn't have to be the one to open the portal in order to use.
Case-in-point: Both Riku and Sora used the Dark Corridors in KH1.

Um, that wouldn't be implying.
Those are two completely different things. Sora possibly saying "When i was older than four" directly states that he met Kairi WHEN he was older than four. Xigbar saying that "When they were gone, Xehanort appeared" is saying that WHEN they were gone is when he appeared. As in, right when they were gone, he appeared. Xigbars statement is more direct than Sora's would have been. They have different implications.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
No I did not skip OmniChaos' post. If he lost his memory how would he know how to use a Dark Corridor.

Oh, gee. Maybe it was by accident?

It's not implied, them inplying that would be"When weilders of the blade of key wasn't that the day Xemas no Xehanort appeared," or something to that extent.

Xigbar said:
When they were gone, a man who had lost his memories appeared.

Xigbar said "when they were gone", meaning as soon as they were gone.
Had he said "after they were gone", then it would had open a larger time frame for Xehanort to appear.

They meant it happened after they dissapeared.

No, it means it happened when they disappeared. They wouldn't have said "when" if they didn't mean when. <_<

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
He doesn't have to be the one to open the portal in order to use.
Case-in-point: Both Riku and Sora used the Dark Corridors in KH1.

Um, that wouldn't be implying.
Those are two completely different things. Sora possibly saying "When i was older than four" directly states that he met Kairi WHEN he was older than four. Xigbar saying that "When they were gone, Xehanort appeared" is saying that WHEN they were gone is when he appeared. As in, right when they were gone, he appeared. Xigbars statement is more direct than Sora's would have been. They have different implications.

They didn't use a corridor of darkness they both appeared in Traverse Town that's were survivors of worlds consumed in darkness randomly show up. Also when does not mean right after but, after is a synonym for when so they have basically the same meaning so once again I'll say when could be replaced with after and it would still have the same meaning so it was anytime after the keyblade weilder dissapeared. Also someone should try to get Nomaru an account on Kingdom Hearts Insider, i doubt that would ever happen but that would be amazing if he did.

A

Audo

They used the Corridor of Darkness to arrive in Traverse Town (and actually, Riku appeared in Hollow Bastion, not Traverse Town).
Nomura has confirmed this.

And like Omni has been saying, if they wanted it to be after and not directly when they were gone they would have used the word "after" instead of "when".

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
They didn't use a corridor of darkness they both appeared in Traverse Town that's were survivors of worlds consumed in darkness randomly show up.

Yes, they did... <_<
And Riku appeared in Hollow Bastion, not Traverse Town.

Also when does not mean right after but

Grab a dictionary...
When means as soon as.

after is a synonym for when so they have basically the same meaning

Since when?
What messed up thesaurus are you using?

so once again I'll say when could be replaced with after

If there was a "just" in front of the after, then yes.

and it would still have the same meaning

No, it wouldn't.

so it was anytime after the keyblade weilder dissapeared.

It was as soon as ( or just after) they dissappeared.

A

Audo

So, basically confirming everything we just said by saying 'when' meant immediately after? Sweet. Case closed.

A

Audo

Dictionary.com is more reliable, seeing as how it gathers the information from a number of different sources.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Dictionary.com is more reliable, seeing as how it gathers the information from a number of different sources.

They probable changed the synonms as some joke. I think master xehanort is xehanort anyways with part of terra involved but, i was only supporting that it is possible for the Dark Soldier to be Xehanort.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
They probable changed the synonms as some joke.

Or you just made up this imaginary thesaurus that agrees with you just because you don't want to be wrong. Yeah, that sounds much more likely.

I think master xehanort is xehanort anyways with part of terra involved but, i was only supporting that it is possible for the Dark Soldier to be Xehanort.

Which is stupid seeing as how there is a better chance that FM+ will be released outside Japan, Kairi will finally become useful and Sora is actually straight (which we all know won't happen) than there is for DS being Xehanort.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Or you just made up this imaginary thesaurus that agrees with you just because you don't want to be wrong. Yeah, that sounds much more likely.

Which is stupid seeing as how there is a better chance that FM+ will be released outside Japan, Kairi will finally become useful and Sora is actually straight (which we all know won't happen) than there is for DS being Xehanort.

First off the second thesaurus i used is not imaginary it was Microsft Office Words thesaurus so it is reliable to an extent but, not as reliable as dictionary.com I was joking when i said that they changed it as a joke and that it wasn't reliable. Second i don't think it's stupid it is somewhat possible. Kairi will never be usefull again. Sora could be straight if you beleive in SoNami but, why does it matter if he is or isn't anyways as long as he ignores Kairi it's cool. Though you think it's unlikely that that Dark Soldier is Xehanort it is not impossible.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
First off the second thesaurus i used is not imaginary it was Microsft Office Words thesaurus so it is reliable to an extent but, not as reliable as dictionary.com

So we're right and you're wrong. Thanks for playing. =]

I was joking when i said that they changed it as a joke and that it wasn't reliable.

You don't say...

Second i don't think it's stupid it is somewhat possible.

Somewhat is not the right word...

Though you think it's unlikely that that Dark Soldier is Xehanort it is not impossible.

Never said it was impossible...

A

Audo

So we're right and you're wrong. Thanks for playing. =]

Borat_Great_Success.jpg

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Even though I don't think that's what point they were trying to make when they made xigbar make that statement, yes Audo and Omnichaos you both were correct and according to the thesaurus i was incorrect. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back