• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Square Enix keep its "equality" promise?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorikux

Meaning to support all CONSOLES NOT HANDHELDS equally.

FF is going, and SO now will, most likely, go to the PS3 too.

The 360 is getting multiplats (The Last Remnant) and new IPs (like Project Sylpheed) and new IPs plus possible PS3-360 make it equal ENOUGH for a console SE dislike.

Now we have the Wii. 2 Major SE series are gone BUT we have 2 more. DQ, and, of course, KH. Thr Wii has DQ currently and it might get main series (if the DS doesn't steal them!), but what of KH? Putting it on the PS3 would be "over the top" and break the promise. PS3 is out. 360 has enough games and incoming games and will easily not get KH. Giving it KH would also be "over the top." 360 Is out.

The last choice is the Wii. It's getting S-Os (spin-offs) and possibly DQ main series after DQ IX. Here we go with the promise thing: giving the Wii KH (main series) would be enough (IMO) to fulfill the promise. And since Disney owns the IP and lovee Wii then good and Nomura wants to make a Wii game and said it has potential is good and SE's promise would be good. Wii needs at least 1 main series and KH WOULD FIT THE WII'S DEMOGRAPHIC. Fanboys aside (because I know they'll troll), what do you think?

Last edited:

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
I think that you need to read Nomura interviews more carefully, because if you did, you'd know that Nomura strongly wanted the game on a handheld.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Project Sylpheed isn't made my Square.

The 360 is also getting a MMO and rumor a new game just for the 360. SO4 hasnt really been said if would be for the 360 or not..

"over the top." 360 Is out.
I lol'd at the part..

If that case, the Square wouldnt be putting DQIX on a the DS> I mean the DS is alwayed pwning the PSP and putting DQIX on would just over top it..

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
ProjectSylpheed isnt made by Square but it is a Square game.

I believe that if Kingdom Hearts is not going to the Wii, it'll be a multiplatform PS3/360 game. However, that's just me.

However, the NEXT KH game will surely be on a handheld, as O A T H has said. =D

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
It's gamearts game not Square.

Square just paid to hype etc. Just like how Mass Effect isn't MS game it's Bioware. Just because you're the publisher doesnt make yyou're game

For the U.S

Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: Game Arts

Japan
Publisher: Square-Enix

Sorikux

Whatever about PS. And I mean the actual KH3, not the new one. How hard is it to understand?

Sorikux

Project Sylpheed isn't made my Square.

The 360 is also getting a MMO and rumor a new game just for the 360. SO4 hasnt really been said if would be for the 360 or not..

I lol'd at the part..

If that case, the Square wouldnt be putting DQIX on a the DS> I mean the DS is alwayed pwning the PSP and putting DQIX on would just over top it..

*sigh* I mean for the CONSOLES NOT HANDHELDS. They only said equal with consoles. (I'll re-edit my post to say consoles)

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
It's gamearts game not Square.

Square just paid to hype etc. Just like how Mass Effect isn't MS game it's Bioware. Just because you're the publisher doesnt make yyou're game

For the U.S

Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios

Japan
Publisher: Square-Enix

Oh come on, by that logic Chains of Memories wasn't a Kingdom Hearts game because it was actually made by Jupiter Entertainment under the umbrella of Square Enix

And the Mario&Luigi RPG games aren't actually made by Nintendo, because they had a second party make them. And Minish Cap isn't a Zelda game, because Nintendo gave Capcom the rights to make the game

--------------------------------------------

On-topic, I honestly doubt the Wii will get the main series, considering Nomura jizzes his pants over the PS3 and the prospect to design realistic belts-and-zippers with realistic belt-and-zipper physics

But the prospect of a spin-off title is likely, and I'd be totally fine with a spin-off series

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
On-topic, I honestly doubt the Wii will get the main series, considering Nomura jizzes his pants over the PS3 and the prospect to design realistic belts-and-zippers with realistic belt-and-zipper physics

ROFL xD
Well, his character's obviously reflect his zipper and belt obsession. :p

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
OOn-topic, I honestly doubt the Wii will get the main series, considering Nomura jizzes his pants over the PS3 and the prospect to design realistic belts-and-zippers with realistic belt-and-zipper physics

I lol'd. Really, really hard. Because it's true.

But the prospect of a spin-off title is likely, and I'd be totally fine with a spin-off series

Hear, hear.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Meaning to support all CONSOLES NOT HANDHELDS equally.

FF is going, and SO now will, most likely, go to the PS3 too.

The 360 is getting multiplats (The Last Remnant) and new IPs (like Project Sylpheed) and new IPs plus possible PS3-360 make it equal ENOUGH for a console SE dislike.

Now we have the Wii. 2 Major SE series are gone BUT we have 2 more. DQ, and, of course, KH. Thr Wii has DQ currently and it might get main series (if the DS doesn't steal them!), but what of KH? Putting it on the PS3 would be "over the top" and break the promise. PS3 is out. 360 has enough games and incoming games and will easily not get KH. Giving it KH would also be "over the top." 360 Is out.

The last choice is the Wii. It's getting S-Os (spin-offs) and possibly DQ main series after DQ IX. Here we go with the promise thing: giving the Wii KH (main series) would be enough (IMO) to fulfill the promise. And since Disney owns the IP and lovee Wii then good and Nomura wants to make a Wii game and said it has potential is good and SE's promise would be good. Wii needs at least 1 main series and KH WOULD FIT THE WII'S DEMOGRAPHIC. Fanboys aside (because I know they'll troll), what do you think?

LOL! Square support all consoles!? Now that's comedy gold!

When Square said that they were talking out of their a**. You know, Star Ocean 4? It was supposed to come out on all consoles but Square is giving it only to Sony. You know, Crystal Bearers? Well recently it's been deleted from existence and there's now a chance that Dragon Quest Swords may not come to the U.S.

Square fair to all consoles. Yeah, that would be the day. Them and Mistwalker are the two mental cases in the RPG world imo.

L!NO

The next title wil probely be on the psp, because with chain of memories, they didn't have te psp. And the KH serie is lyal to Playstation.
For the next big kh titel, it wil be on the ps3 I think, because there's no reason to switch to Wii or 360 all the sudden.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
The next title wil probely be on the psp, because with chain of memories, they didn't have te psp. And the KH serie is lyal to Playstation.

SE is a third-party developer than can make games for whoever they want. They aren't Sony's property. The whole "loyalty" thing is a load of BS. In fact, if they decided that they would only make games for only Nintendo from this day forward, they could, and would do so, and there would be nothing Sony or Microsoft could do about it.

For the next big kh titel, it wil be on the ps3 I think, because there's no reason to switch to Wii or 360 all the sudden.

Money much? The PS3 is doing pretty badly right now. Both the Wii and the 360 are massively outselling it.

Last edited:

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
If you understood what they meant it was more like "we'll make games for all consoles equally" not "we'll distribute the games equally."

Sorikux

Then why didn't they put it on the PS2? I hate that argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back