• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

With regards to the seven trophies required to unlock the secret ending...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Etherealin

If you have 6 (playing in Standard) then beat the final boss, do you receive the "In The Clear," trophy automatically afterwards, and then have the requirements to get the ending (after answering the questions correctly and hitting all the letters in the credits)?

Or will I receive the trophy but have to beat YMX again to qualify for the ending?

State

Awards
Good question, I'd like to know the answer to this myself. :p

Etherealin

Good question, I'd like to know the answer to this myself. :p

Originally I was going to try and get the one for collecting all the treasures, until I realised I couldn't drop after a certain point in Never Was. XD

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Seeing as you get the trophy for clearing the game, I'd imagine you get it when you save the clear file. So before you save the clear data (post-game), you'll only have 6 trophies. I think.

In other words, I believe you'll have to beat the final boss again.

Etherealin

Seeing as you get the trophy for clearing the game, I'd imagine you get it when you save the clear file. So before you save the clear data (post-game), you'll only have 6 trophies. I think.

In other words, I believe you'll have to beat the final boss again.

Yeah, I thought I would. Oh well, thanks!

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I know, I just really don't want to fight YMX again (I'm having enough trouble beating him first time around). XD Still, I'll try and post what happens.

It'll be easier though once you've beaten him once. I fought him again to unlock the secret movie and well, he's still hard to beat but certainly not as hard as before.

χ-βιαδε

Awards
If you have 6, then get another (after clearing), you can pause it to get the secret ending.
Basically, if it doesn't do what you say, just pause it after you load the clear file.
:))

Shazzanoire

Awards
I had only six trophies before I beat the game, the In The Clear trophy being the seventh. I messed up the credits dive, so I just replayed that to unlock the secret message, and the secret ending was unlocked right after. So try replaying the credits from the theater. Don't worry, I don't think you'll have to face YMX again :p

ShailsTDSPT

I had 4 trophies in Proud Mode, completing it being the 5th. I managed to unlock the secret ending ^^

Etherealin

I had only six trophies before I beat the game, the In The Clear trophy being the seventh. I messed up the credits dive, so I just replayed that to unlock the secret message, and the secret ending was unlocked right after. So try replaying the credits from the theater. Don't worry, I don't think you'll have to face YMX again :p

Great, thanks! Hopefully I'll have enough to get all 7 considering I'm going to try and get all the spirits now...

Etherealin

Just finished it, and did as Shazzanoire suggested, and it worked! I only had to fight YMX once, but simply dive through the credits twice to get the secret message- thanks for the help!

Shazzanoire

Awards
Nice work! I was anticipating having to fight him twice too, so I'm glad to have helped someone else out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back