- May 17, 2018
- Reaction score
@PStuder12321 Your somewhat correct that the themes from the Disney films are the most important part when choosing the Disney worlds in the KH games as shown here:So one thing I do want to point out is, The games always have a tie into the message of the game, the plot for KH4 is unclear so far aside from dealing with MoM and possibly getting sora back. That is assuming the title before KH4 doesnt reunite the trio in that game setting them up to start against MoM. Which is what I'm personally hoping for. However MoM was seen in the cutscene as being there in the city with Sora and Riku, thus making me feel the battles against MoM will start right away. Thus I feel the disney worlds will all have a purpose in finding or going after a friend. As Riku and Kairi are trying to find Sora and going after him themselves. Thus I think these games will surely be in.
Toy story, specifically for the movie toy story 2, where the gang goes after woody and Jess from the toy collector creep guy.
Frozen? So it was more Frozen 1 where ana went after elsa, I havent seen frozen 2. But I feel there is a possibility there?
possibily brother bear, as Koda is trying to reunite with his mom (although the sad results of that might rule that one out.)
Wreck it ralph, as there is a point where ralph goes after penelope (however you spell it).
Those are what I can think of off the top of my head there for that series, but I also want to point out there could be a message of once the trio find each other, getting back home, which opens up even more. They could do it where they use those disney movies at first as they are trying to go after each other, and then half way through, SRK is reunited and go forward together, and go trhough more disney movies about getting home. Making that list of possible disney worlds,
Tangled (unknowningly trying to get home or not. That aside would be a real fun one to do again!.)
wreck it ralph (again unknowning or not, this one might be a little more of a stretch.)
Emperors new groove. (oh please yes!.)
Meet the robinsons.
Aristocats (though I feel this is a no, doesnt seem like something they would do as they seem to stick to newer movies now and thats a pretty old title. Maybe if this was KH1. but for KH4 I feel its to late of a title.)
Bolt. (again not feeling it but it fits the category.)
Now that aside, Im just gonna say theres a few I personally would like.
Tangled to return
aladin to return
Frozen to return
Emperors new groove
wreck it ralph
My movies may be way off, but I do feel that at least one of the two theories will be the focus point of the message from the disney movies. How they go about it could be different, but I feel its important to point out that all the disney worlds always have a message to them that is focused on whats going on in the game at that moment, which for the next title and possibly KH4, that is, reuniting SRK, getting them home, and stopping MoM.
- KH1 - Friendship
- CoM/RR - Memories/Redemption
- KH2 - Promises
- Days - Identity
- BBS - Connections (Like, "Connections to the past" and between friends.)
- Coded - Lost Connections
- Dream Drop Distance - Trust
- KH3 - Resolution, but mainly Separation, Connections and Sacrifice
Lastly, it's very subjective how the Disney worlds are Chosen in the KH series:
- Which Disney worlds Nomura and the team want to reuse again for the specific KH game
- The themes that the specific returning Disney worlds based on that Disney or Pixar film have in common to the theme of the specific KH game (e.g. Friendship, Trust, Connections, Promises, etc.)
- The Story the world can offer
- The gameplay value and environment that the world can offer.
- Disney giving Requests and suggestions to which Films they want to see added in the game to Nomura and the team (e.g. Big Hero 6 in KH3)
This is how I see the Disney films as worlds for the next KH game centered on Riku and Kairi:
Disney Worlds in DDD 2
- Wreck-It Ralph
- Inside Out
- Treasure Planet
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire
- Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton Version) or The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
- The Jungle Book (1967 animated version)