• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort and the "Tuvix" dillemma

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

leonidus

After watching a Star Trek Voyager episode today on TV, I thought of a possible development for Xehanort, or rather, Terranort in a (dare I say it?) KHIII.

So, what happened in this episode is that during a beaming up of two characters, Neelix and Tuvok, the transporter malfunctioned and they got merged into a single entity: Tuvix. This Tuvix is a completely new person, with his own thoughts, wishes and desires. However, the crew of Voyager wanted their old two crewmen back, but at the same time they didn't want to deny Tuvix of his existance. When they decided to split him in two again, he fought the idea. He claimed he was neither Neelix nor Tuvok and as such had a right to exist as a separate entity.

Now, imagine our Terranort as a human again. He is a vessel carrying memories of 4 beings (Terra, MX, XH and Xemnas) and two hearts (or three, if you take the Eraqus part too). He is aware of the two people fighting inside him for dominance of his body. But he won't allow it. He wants to exist on his own, neither as Terra or Xehanort. This inevitabely puts him in conflict with Aqua who wants Terra back. To keep his existance he now has to fight on two fronts: Against the Masters who want to get Terra and kill Xehanort AND the two inside his heart.

What do you think of introducing this type of a moral dillemma in KH? Imagine where you could take the storyline to with this element.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I was talking with Zulkir about this, I think. We decided that there's no way they won't give Terra a happy ending so even if Terranort was his own person, he would still have to die.

I am undecided as to whether having amnesia makes you a new person. The only experience with it I've ever had was when my mum's boyfriend fell off his horse in the paddock and cracked his skull, and the doctors warned us he might not remember us and might even seem completely different to the man we know. But then he turned out pretty much okay, and we needn't have worried. COOL STORY HUH

tl;dr does amnesia = new existence? That's the first question.

Awards
I feel like they're almost doing that with Roxas, Namine, and Xion actually. They're different from their originals, and now this "torment" plotline may end up with them becoming their own people (though hopefully not).

It's an interesting idea, but for Xehanort the apprentice I don't think they'd do that, because I doubt he's a very sympathetic character. Like, there's a chance we'll see Roxas again, and that stems partially from the fact that he's good. On the other hand, someone like, Xemnas, also a Nobody, almost certainly won't be seen again.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
We haven't seen much of Terranort aside from the end of BbS, and Mickey's flashback in KHII. So, are we really at the point of being able to decide whether Terranort is a seperate entity or not? And it's not simply amnesia. At first it was, but then, he lived an entire year as his new self, was then split into Ansem and Xemnas. Ansem is a younger Master Xehanort basically. Xemnas is Terra's memories with Master Xehanort's intentions. I believe Xehanort to be seperate from both Terra and Master Xehanort. So, no, we can't deny him his existence. But since he's shown signs of possibly remembering everything one day, if he does, he may want to be split.
@goldpanner I loved your story. Amazing plot.

I for one dream of a world where everyone know that the bird is the word.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I actually think this theory is really well done. I always thought that Terranort became his own seperate entity once losing his memories. He gains new goals, new personality, new appearance, etc.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
We already saw this sorta happen with Roxas, Namine and Xion. They were forced to die for someone they didn't know. If that happened, Terranort would probably would come to the conclusion at the end that he has to die in the end.

Radar

Bronze Member
Im with skyfoxx the theory is good I think. A whole new charecter basically? I'm down with that. But you cant say for sure terranort (or whoever) will have a sad ending. I mean Sora IS suppose to save him right? But maybe that means putting him out of his torment and ending it for good.

Ok yeah I think that sounds about right, no more xehanort. Or traces of him (hpoefully.)

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
He is aware of the two people fighting inside him for dominance of his body. But he won't allow it. He wants to exist on his own, neither as Terra or Xehanort. This inevitabely puts him in conflict with Aqua who wants Terra back. To keep his existance he now has to fight on two fronts: Against the Masters who want to get Terra and kill Xehanort AND the two inside his heart.

What do you think of introducing this type of a moral dillemma in KH? Imagine where you could take the storyline to with this element.

I think this idea is very interesting, as I keep thinking about this myself. Why go back to being the fraile old man of MX and the Keyblade Apprentice Terra who will never be a master when he can stay both young and powerful as current Xehanort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back